Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 146062 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #450 on: June 30, 2021, 06:19:50 pm »

ALSO if we believe that ash's faction is, in fact, a scum faction, this night somehow supports my theory about no direct kill.

LaLi, can you explain this to me? How does Ash getting nightkilled mean that there is no direct nightkill?

because scum didn't kill anyone
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Night 1)
« Reply #451 on: June 30, 2021, 06:20:58 pm »

President is being very authoritarian.

The president is MiX. In every way, shape, and form... this is 100% NAI (they are always authoritarian).
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 30, 2021, 06:21:24 pm »

The following executive order has been enacted:
Presidential pardon
At the end of the Day, the President may choose to pardon the exiled player. If they do, the exiled player does not flip and is not sent to the brig. They have 12 hours to make the decision, during which the thread remains open.

So didds... you just like a super TR on mix at this point then?

At the end of the day, MiX and EFHW were my towniest town folk. Not based on much, but that was my sense. But that XO, and knowing he would choose it, was a no-brainer. I discarded the most anti-town one, and MiX is always going to choose an order that gives him more power.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 30, 2021, 06:23:15 pm »

Yeah, I would have disclosed the military status if I had been asked (Ash asked who wanted to be his successor, but I didn’t answer that because I didn’t want to do it! ) but I didn’t even think of disclosing it since I thought that we knew the alignment of all the folks with the same character. It literally never occurred to me that it would switch and we spent so much time last game sorting those out that I thought the only questions were the new characters.

You don't mean "alignment" here right? Cuz that would make the game just way to easy.

Correct, I meant military/civilian status

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 30, 2021, 06:23:28 pm »

Oh wait - you're saying that the lover you were referring to was ash himself? Man you're sentence doesn't read that way to me, but maybe I guess it could...

Okay, so, my thought process is this: there's 3 teams in play; Town, Lover and Cylon. There's a player that is both town and lover, and ash was a Cylon. So the person that killed ash was most likely someone of a different faction: a pure town would've claimed, and a lover would most likely also be of another faction. So there's a fourth faction.

Maybe the jump that there's no player that is only a lover doesn't make sense, but it's one I'm making.

That is an interesting take.
I was assuming that ADK was at the time of exile, the only lover. And they had like an ability or something that was a positive for their faction, but also made the target a lover. Since only also town aligned, my thought was ability would be pro-town, but add in the link for the death.
real good. That’s how

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 30, 2021, 06:25:54 pm »

ALSO if we believe that ash's faction is, in fact, a scum faction, this night somehow supports my theory about no direct kill.

LaLi, can you explain this to me? How does Ash getting nightkilled mean that there is no direct nightkill?

So, how did Ash die?

I’m sorry if it’s obvious….I don’t get it

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 30, 2021, 06:27:46 pm »

So, how did Ash die?

Literally was typing up the same thing. What is the theory here?
real good. That’s how

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 30, 2021, 07:43:26 pm »

Ash died somehow. If we believe that there's no main scum, then whoever killed ash is not playing for town's faction. Given ash's the one that died, and that there's a lover that is also town, all points to there being another scum.

Are you the other lover-aligned?

No.

Then how do you know the other lover (assuming there's one) is also town? I could easily imagine a scenario with two lovers in different factions ala Romeo and Juliet.

The lover that is also town is dead.

Oh wait - you're saying that the lover you were referring to was ash himself? Man you're sentence doesn't read that way to me, but maybe I guess it could...

How does that make sense? Ash did not flip lover?

Typo - meant ADK not ash.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 30, 2021, 08:43:00 pm »

Wow, lots going on. First thoughts...

Dual alignment seems weird. Ash being the only death at night, being non-town, likely means it's not his faction who killed him. So either Vig or other scum-type group. Ash's alignment does seem scummy though, but they didn't kill. Do they not have a kill or was a doctor, RB, or something else effective?

There's a lot to respond to. I will try to get to some of it tonight. I'll be fully caught up tomorrow.
he/him

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 30, 2021, 09:11:32 pm »

Okay, so, my thought process is this: there's 3 teams in play; Town, Lover and Cylon. There's a player that is both town and lover, and ash was a Cylon. So the person that killed ash was most likely someone of a different faction: a pure town would've claimed, and a lover would most likely also be of another faction. So there's a fourth faction.

Maybe the jump that there's no player that is only a lover doesn't make sense, but it's one I'm making.

That is an interesting take.
I was assuming that ADK was at the time of exile, the only lover. And they had like an ability or something that was a positive for their faction, but also made the target a lover. Since only also town aligned, my thought was ability would be pro-town, but add in the link for the death.
This would explain why no lover died along with them. I would also have hoped ADK would fight exile harder if it might also bring down another townie.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 30, 2021, 09:19:58 pm »

How does scum!ash choose a successor? Does he want to trigger a turning point by picking a civilian? Does he pick a partner? Does he do the pro-town thing to protect his partner? Or maybe he left it up to chance.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 30, 2021, 09:24:25 pm »

ash's powers don't seem very scummy, and there is no killing power. I don't know if a factional kill would be included in the powers list.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 30, 2021, 10:09:24 pm »

ash's powers don't seem very scummy, and there is no killing power. I don't know if a factional kill would be included in the powers list.

I was going to say we can go and check... but we literally can't. No flips in the other game
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 30, 2021, 10:12:15 pm »

I was going to say we can go and check... but we literally can't. No flips in the other game

I doubt it though.

Actually, we could just ask the people that were scum before. There was an option to know what you flip when you die (I think???). Surely scum would know if they flipped with their faction kill.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 30, 2021, 10:14:35 pm »

How does scum!ash choose a successor? Does he want to trigger a turning point by picking a civilian? Does he pick a partner? Does he do the pro-town thing to protect his partner? Or maybe he left it up to chance.

I mean I don't think we can really make a ton out of this, but I will say one thing..

1. He knew WCD was military (to an extent)
2. Civilian choice means turning point.
3. Turning points are like... the most "Ash-y" thing ever.

That all means nothing really. I guess I just find it odd that Ash went for like the one back up that they had reason to believe would not trigger a turning point. Leaving it up to chance is even "less Ash-y", because it GTDs a Military selection if I understand the wording correctly.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #465 on: June 30, 2021, 10:29:27 pm »

I don't scumread e. Would gladly vote for ADK, EFHW, math.

But also consider any X-1 a hammer.

This. What does this mean?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 30, 2021, 10:30:09 pm »

would like GK response please before anyone "guesses".
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 30, 2021, 11:01:34 pm »

Ash re-read:

vote: MiX because RVS and because MiX.

- RVS MiX. But also stays there the whole day.

Also, I'm still salty.
Is there a list of who did and did not keep their characters from Season 1?

- Probably just them trying to isolate who they could/want to select for Admiral back up. Also, could be tied to a win con or something I guess.

Gkrieg feels off so far this game.  Too quiet.  /randomgutread
There has been a lot of posts, but I would argue not as much content as people seem to think.  The MiX/Math thing feels completely contrived in the worst way possible, so that's a strong early combo.
2.7 is town, I think.

- Random reads, but as they flipped what appears to be skum... probably worth noting.

So, anyone want to both claim military and make an argument for being my successor?
Also, work has been nuts, sorry for the less than normal activity.  I should be back to normal next week.

- OK, so probably just looking for Military (in regards to the earlier quote in this post).

ash - what card did you discard?

I don't think we want to know that yet

We also don't want to know what I discarded, and this info should only be claimed once the deck is reshuffled.
For the first time ever, MiX and I agree?  Scary.
*snip*
Besides, if you look at the list of cards, I'm sure you can think of reasons why mafia want to know what cards are not in play.

- Assuming, based on what Jack claimed, that he threw away special counsel. Mix - you see any issue with confirming that?

All that said, I don't know that Jack is mafia here.  I have very little to go on to read them.

If you made me pick one player, full on gut read, to be mafia, it's Swowl.  And I hate saying that, because Swowl never really seems like mafia to me.  This is especially true if the suspicion of Jack is warranted -- Swowl is obliquely supporting Jack while maintaining a throwaway vote on NGBED1LL.

- WIFOM; could be protecting Jack. Kind of WIFOM; I am not the same alignment as Ash. Not WIFOM; They were wrong about the situation. In hindsight, this whole post is super shady.

I'm gonna vote: gkrieg. "I have to reread" is a scumtell for me, especially in the context of very few posts. And the shade on ash was both very hedgy and not helpful.

I don't really think Jack is scum. The claim was weird, but he really hangs back as scum. Has he even been town yet? It seems like he is always mafia.

I think LL is town, too. I would vote ADK. I have towny impressions of Dylan and MiX.

This is a good post, very town!EFHW to me.  The only really strong post that stood out in all the ones I missed, actually.

- More reads that could come into play. Backs up Jack again/still. Backs up LL read again/still. Towny impression of Dylan/MiX even though he was voting mix at this point.

So it's basically LL because he supported no-exile in the beginning or...?

That doesn't seem like the strongest case to me, as it seems like a big red flag for a mafia player to wave.  So it reads more like town thinking they were being helpful.  Plus, mafia!LL is especially careful not to stand out, I think.  That may be outdated info though.

What are the alternatives?  My MiX vote is a holdover that seems to be going nowhere.  Seems Jack is getting a reprieve.

I could sheep EFHW as my only strong town read.

- Again defending LL. Also talking about their vote on MiX after they just in the previous post said they find them towny. First EFHW mention.

I might be the easiest wagon ever for the dumbest reason ever. Playing for town wincon? oh, you must be scum. Cool.

I might partially claim here if you want. is it 3 hours left?

You know, if you are mafia, this is the epitome of "caught for the wrong reasons" complaining.

Does your partial claim do anything?

- Based on the previous posts about LL... and the fact that I doubt Ash would "coach" LL... I find it doubtful, but it could be coaching.

Not really a whole hell of a lot there if we are assuming there is a primary skum faction or whatever. But I needed to do it for myself, so there it is consolidated for ya'll.
real good. That’s how

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 01, 2021, 01:20:39 am »

Vote: mathdude

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #469 on: July 01, 2021, 01:21:20 am »

I don't scumread e. Would gladly vote for ADK, EFHW, math.

But also consider any X-1 a hammer.

This. What does this mean?

That I would hammer anyone that got to X-1

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 01, 2021, 01:44:56 am »

Cavil (#1) is definitely a Cylon extremist in the show.

The executive orders currently sitting in the discard pile are Military Police Force and Special Counsel. This tells us very little about the president and the admiral, except that they don't have the trust in each other necessary for either of those to have gone through.

Cool beans

Vote: jack
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 01, 2021, 02:16:46 am »

So, how did Ash die?

well, not only scum can kill

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 01, 2021, 02:34:47 am »

So, how did Ash die?

So you think that Ash's faction is.... something.
And ash died.
And no one else died.

So Ash's faction was blocked or target was doctored... or something, then some other somebody kills ash. That ok, I can kind of at least grasp... but how does ash die N1 if there is no direct kill?
real good. That’s how

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 01, 2021, 05:35:47 am »

So, how did Ash die?

So you think that Ash's faction is.... something.
And ash died.
And no one else died.

So Ash's faction was blocked or target was doctored... or something, then some other somebody kills ash. That ok, I can kind of at least grasp... but how does ash die N1 if there is no direct kill?

STILL it's just a theory. But we can have PGO, modified Bodyguard, Vig and other town!killing roles, that should not shoot to achieve a town wincon.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 01, 2021, 05:37:39 am »

Yeah, if we have a town vig they have some explaining to do.

Simplest explanation is that a red colored faction NKed ashersky, and often simple answers are correct
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 16 queries.