Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM47: Rewind Mafia 2 (Game over!)  (Read 229303 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM47: Rewind Mafia 2 (Day 3)
« Reply #975 on: November 28, 2017, 08:28:15 am »

e is not an IC? Why?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: November 28, 2017, 08:31:51 am »

Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: November 28, 2017, 08:33:44 am »

Yeah I said it backwards.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #978 on: November 28, 2017, 08:36:48 am »

Yeah I said it backwards.

Makes more sense.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: November 28, 2017, 11:18:10 am »

So much for hoping activity levels would be higher after thanksgiving...

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: November 28, 2017, 12:58:35 pm »

Aww you think I'm clever enough to go fishing, that's nice.

I don't remember you talking about this in D2 at all but to be fair I was AWOL for like 5 days of D2.

We talked about it. People stay frozen for a day and a half, then die.

There is one role that exists in f.ds mafia that can unfreeze people. (Leonard Snart, and you were him, so its funny you forgot) Right now evidence points to that role not being in this game. If they are in the game they should most definitely not claim.

I didn't forget Leonard Snart can unfreeze, but it seems to be clear that they aren't in game so I'm trying to think if there are clever alternatives.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: November 28, 2017, 01:01:20 pm »

Anyway.

I'm posting while busy elsewhere so I'm not going to go back and reread atm but we should consider eyeing dylan pushers as scummy.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: November 28, 2017, 01:12:44 pm »

I am strongly considering claiming now - I think it's a good time for me to do so.
Any objections?

You know what you know. I'll assume nobody else does. If you think claiming is correct then go for it.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: November 28, 2017, 02:31:58 pm »

Okiedoke.

I am Mew, from RMM4.

My power is called Amnesia.

What happens is every night I guess a matching of living players<----> colours.
There are four colours. I know that Red represents Town but nothing else about what the colours mean.

I get a response telling me how many colours I have correct and in the right place, and how many I have that would be correct if I moved them. (Can someone fish this original role out? I am on mobile so it's hard.)

Hence my earlier comment about factions. That there are 4 colours strongly suggests 4 factions (though i guess there could be a dummy colour).  I said "weak-to-moderate" when really I think it's very strong evidence. Just because I think it's good to play down the power of your role in RMMs if you want to live.

I think this is a good time to claim because my results may be good for general information (and PoE later) so I don't want it lost by accident and also the role is not so terrifying to scum that i think they will want to kill me 4ight away.

Anyway, onto results.
N1 I went for:

Ash, Awa and chairs: yellow.
Swan and Galz: blue
Space: white
And everyone else (10 living players) as red, ie. Town.

This wasn't based on reads very much. I was treating it more purely as a Mastermind problem, and wanted a different number of each non-red colour to give me more PoE later.  (In particular, we can be pretty confident that there are none of one particular colour at this point because we have a dead SK, who was presumably his own faction. But I included all colours anyway because obvs we dont know which colour is missing)

Unfortunately there was a mod error. I was originally told that 6 of these were correct and in the right place, and 8 correct but in the wrong place. That left only two colours which were totally wrong, guaranteeing at least one yellow.
(In fact it was 6 correct and 7 correct-but-wrong-place. Since I only learnt this after I had done my N2 guess, I'm going to explain the next bit from the point of view of the original incorrect result.)

With only two colours being completely wrong, that meant there HAD  to be a yellow somewhere. At this point I took a gamble. There are too many possibilities without making an assumption, so I went wild and made the assumption that what we had was 4 main-scums, (inc one traitor) and 2 players playing for themselves. (SK and one other.)
If that was true, the only possibility was that yellow was the main scum team, of four players (I'm aware there are lots of other possibilities, but making this assumption was the only way to narrow anything down.).

So I guessed:
EFHW, Swan and WW: yellow
Dylan: blue
The rest (10 other living players): red.

Note that this is consistent with there being exactly 2 totally incorrect colours in my first guess, when really there were 3. Ah well.
The result is:
7 completely correct.
5 correct but wrong place. Meaning this time there really are exactly 2 completely incorrect colours.

I will do an analysis of the various possibilities later.
Most obvious conclusion: there is definitely at least one yellow.  That doesn't necessarily mean that yellow is the main scum team though.

More later. Busy now.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 28, 2017, 02:57:48 pm »

I don't follow this description.

This is the role PM from RMM4:

Pokemon name: Mew
Role name: Mastermind
Alignment: Companion

Moveset:
  Mew
Amnesia

Abilities:
Amnesia--Each night, you will PM the mods a list of all living players with a proposed set of alignments for each player.  Your guesses for alignments should correspond to the colors BLUE, RED, YELLOW, where RED is Companions.  You are not told what BLUE or YELLOW represent.  We will respond to your player/alignment pair list Mastermind style.  You will be told the number of correct guesses and the number alignment guesses which would have been correct if you had put them in the right position.

Win Condition: You win when all Pokemon not aligned with you have fainted.

I've never played Mastermind; what exactly does "correct if you had put them in the right position" mean?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: November 28, 2017, 02:59:08 pm »

Worth noting that PPS flipped as two (conditional) alignments (survivor and SK), so that could account for two colors and we only have Mafia and Town left.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 28, 2017, 03:27:39 pm »

I don't follow this description.

This is the role PM from RMM4:

Pokemon name: Mew
Role name: Mastermind
Alignment: Companion

Moveset:
  Mew
Amnesia

Abilities:
Amnesia--Each night, you will PM the mods a list of all living players with a proposed set of alignments for each player.  Your guesses for alignments should correspond to the colors BLUE, RED, YELLOW, where RED is Companions.  You are not told what BLUE or YELLOW represent.  We will respond to your player/alignment pair list Mastermind style.  You will be told the number of correct guesses and the number alignment guesses which would have been correct if you had put them in the right position.

Win Condition: You win when all Pokemon not aligned with you have fainted.

I've never played Mastermind; what exactly does "correct if you had put them in the right position" mean?

Right color attached to the wrong person seems like the reasonable thing here.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 28, 2017, 04:34:06 pm »

Haddock, can you post just results you have received  each night - the versions with no errors?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 28, 2017, 04:40:51 pm »

Gut reaction to Haddocks stuff is that he doesn't make this fakeclaim as scum on D3 before any other claims even if it is offered to him as one of his fake claims.

So pretty strong town on him now. Which is great, because that was not where I had him before.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: November 28, 2017, 04:47:22 pm »

Ah, yeah, e being IC would be the detail that slipped through my memory. Maybe I should have just read the whole game instead of only what I missed.

That's a pretty cool role, Haddock, and it's very obvious that it's a town role. My problem is that your claim very vaguely reminded me of how I played a scum game, I forget which one. I had an item that would say how many scum were on the previous day's lynch wagon, and I was able to use the fact that a townie knew to make up a result to frame a couple people based off the (fake) results. I could see this role being a fantastic fake claim that would open up all kinds of opportunities for that kind of scum play, in which case claiming it relatively early the way you did seems like a better scum play than town play. Scum faking it wouldn't need to worry about getting killed as they get closer to "solving" the game, and claiming early could let them potentially sow the seeds of future mislynches pretty effectively if people buy that you really have that role. On the other hand, as town I would want to have it as close to solved as possible before revealing it, unless you think you were likely to be the target of the NK. Given the number of people who were pushing for your lynch yesterday, I don't think that was an imminent threat for you, so I really don't care for the timing of this claim. That said, I still haven't done my reread of you yet, so I'm not sure where my overall read stands yet. I'll have time to do that tonight.

ppe 2
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: November 28, 2017, 04:48:24 pm »

Gut reaction to Haddocks stuff is that he doesn't make this fakeclaim as scum on D3 before any other claims even if it is offered to him as one of his fake claims.

So pretty strong town on him now. Which is great, because that was not where I had him before.

Pretty different reactions to the timing of the claim I guess. What makes you think he would be more likely to hold onto the claim for later?
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 28, 2017, 04:51:11 pm »

Vote: Dylan seems good.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: November 28, 2017, 04:58:52 pm »

@Haddock,

Does your action have any target?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 28, 2017, 04:59:08 pm »

Haddock, can you post just results you have received  each night - the versions with no errors?

Same.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 28, 2017, 05:03:36 pm »

Same.
Also, is e included and therefore one of the right colors in the right place?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 28, 2017, 05:05:50 pm »

It has to be all living players, so e is included.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 28, 2017, 05:23:31 pm »

What about Space on N2? She's living dead, right? But Haddock would have thought she was just dead.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 28, 2017, 06:07:17 pm »

What about Space on N2? She's living dead, right? But Haddock would have thought she was just dead.

Anyone who looked at the flip should have known that Space would be back today.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 28, 2017, 06:21:44 pm »

Pretty different reactions to the timing of the claim I guess. What makes you think he would be more likely to hold onto the claim for later?

I was the one you stole that item from! I think the situation is a bit different.

You claimed that item and gave two fake results with it, Lylo and the day prior. And the item just gave one metric: scum on wagon. Also I knew you had the item so it was a believable fakeclaim to say you were using it.

Haddocks role is weaker, more complicated,  and it's still pretty early in the game which makes all his results harder to fake. I think that if he were scum and fakeclaiming those bogus results, he would be pretty nervous about a contradiction outing him at Lylo. He also would have to make up more bogus results every night and all of those would need to be consistent with flips. So maybe as third party he could pull that off. But as mafia who doesn't know if more third party are out there it's super risky I think.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 28, 2017, 06:23:07 pm »

FYI Space is a zombie, so they shouldn't count as a living player for Haddocks mastermind puzzle.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.