Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 316349 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 1, PM MOD FOR SPEC QT
« Reply #1500 on: September 26, 2012, 07:54:48 am »

Not gona forceclaim ever. Would be lynched anyway.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 1, PM MOD FOR SPEC QT
« Reply #1501 on: September 26, 2012, 07:57:28 am »

Had fullcop, fulldoc, redirect. Also goes with my meta of screwing 1shots

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: September 26, 2012, 08:29:42 am »

Boo Grujah boo!

You would *not* have gotten lynched.  It's an easy enough role to verify.  At worst you would have drawn the night kill.

I think there's a good chance you're just trolling us at the moment though.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: September 26, 2012, 09:07:03 am »

Grujah - do you have any pro town advice to give us before RobZ locks us out?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: September 26, 2012, 09:13:01 am »

Boo Grujah boo!

You would *not* have gotten lynched.  It's an easy enough role to verify.  At worst you would have drawn the night kill.

I think there's a good chance you're just trolling us at the moment though.
I agree with this 100%. Grujah not helping us with any reads now makes it more likely he is just trolling us though.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: September 26, 2012, 09:40:57 am »

THREAD LOCKED
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME START, DAY 1
« Reply #1506 on: September 26, 2012, 10:02:24 am »

Vote Count 1.25

Grujah (13) -- Glooble, ehunt, yuma, watno, Galzria, eHalcyon, Cuzz, Eevee, Morgrim7, ftl, jotheonah, Axxle
Voltaire (1) -- Insomniac
Young Nick (1) -- cayvie
Axxle (1) -- Young Nick
jotheonah (1) -- Voltaire
eHalcyon (1) -- TheMunch
Insomniac (1) -- ashersky
ftl (1) -- ibgtennis
Morgrim7 (3) -- shraeye, sparky5856, Dsell
Glooble (1) -- Grujah
O (1) -- Captain_Frisk

Not Voting (1) -- O

You'd had quite enough of drinking and talking. Well, of talking at least. Such a long day! To sit in the courtyard and watch the sun sink beneath the clouds was a welcome thing. And finally, the rabble had chosen: Grujah. You seized him, desperately demanding, "Where is Robz? What have you done with him?"

"I locked him in that room, right there!" admitted Grujah, before he was carted off to the dungeons. And sure enough, when the door to the broom closet was opened, Robz emerged.

"Wow," said Robz. "Well that was a freebie."

Grujah, the Scum-aligned Mafia Jack-of-all-Trades has been lynched. By way of interrogation, you also learned his Description, which is as follows: Congratulations! You won (lost?) the random number generator contest. Have fun!

Please submit night actions by Sunday evening. Day 2 will begin on Monday, October 1st, at 1:00 PM EDT.

Edit: Wrong month, now fixed.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 10:18:57 am by Robz888 »

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- ROLES SENT
« Reply #1507 on: September 30, 2012, 09:43:17 pm »

[flavor]Having thwarted Grujah's nefarious plans, the party became merry once again, and everyone went to bed with a smile on their faces. But some never awoke. Worse still, the person everyone thought was Robz took off his mask--Alas! A particularly clever mimic was revealed. The real Robz was still in the hands of scum...[/flavor]

Eevee, the Town-aligned Semi-Naive Alignment Cop, has been killed.

Glooble, the Town-aligned Masonic Couple, has been killed.

O, the Town-aligned Masonic Couple and One-Shot Doctor, has been killed.

A Dominion Card was also found: a Coppersmith. It must have been left behind by one of the people who died yesterday, or in the night...

Status

1. Ftl
2. sparky5856
3. Eevee, Town-aligned Semi-Naive Alignment Cop, killed Night 1
4. Grujah, Scum-aligned Mafia Jack-of-All-Trades, lynched Day 1
5. Insomniac
6. Glooble, Town-aligned Masonic Couple, killed Night 1
7. Dsell
8. Jotheonah
9. Young Nick
10. Voltaire
11. Axxle
12. O, Town-aligned Masonic Couple and One-Shot Doctor, killed Night 1
13. Cayvie
14. Shraeye
15. Cuzz
16. Yuma
17. ibgtennis
18. TheMunch
19. Morgrim7
20. EHalcyon
21. Watno
22. Galzria
23. Captain_Frisk
24. ehunt
25. ashersky

Grujah's Description: "Congratulations! You won (lost?) the random number generator contest. Have fun!"

Coppersmith, belonging to Grujah, Eevee, Glooble, or O.

THREAD UNLOCKED EARLY -- DAY 2 START
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:44:20 pm by Robz888 »

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- NIGHT 1
« Reply #1508 on: September 30, 2012, 10:06:18 pm »

Well, this is exciting.  My best guess is two NKs, one on Eevee and one on either O or Glooble.  Any number of other evening events could have happened.

No clue what to make of the Coppersmith. 
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: September 30, 2012, 10:11:20 pm »

Couple = lovers here? When one of them died, the other did too?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: September 30, 2012, 10:15:07 pm »

Either that or three individual night kills and crazy odds that both masons were killed...

If they are "lovers" I am a little annoyed with Robz for using "couples" instead... Couples don't have a page on scum wiki and isn't an acronym listed there for lovers.

On the other hand, major props to us for lynching scum Day 1!

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: September 30, 2012, 10:16:52 pm »

Vote: ashersky for proposing no lynch as the Grujah wagon began to take off.

Can I ask a question of the group?

Is it possible that, in a game this size, with the unknown plethora of roles, that a no lynch may in fact be helpful?

Here's my thinking: we've all complained to some degree about the size of this thing, right?  Lynching only reduces the size by one, and the lynch will offer limited information.  On the flip side, it's possible the night will result in way more information to discuss, and could cull the herd by more than one.

I don't mean to sound like I don't want to lynch someone, or even that there aren't reasonable targets.  It's more that I'm wondering and would like to hear from others on the idea of taking this game into the night phase sooner rather than later, via a majority no lynch vote, since we can't seem to come to agreement on a lynch.

If the lynch for the sake of info argument can be made, I think a no lynch for the sake of night info can be made as well.

WE LYNCHED SCUM D1 WOOOOOOOO!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: September 30, 2012, 10:26:03 pm »

I'm inclined to think there was not a whole lot of bussing in that lynch. Obviously not all 13 Grujah voters are clear, but the smart money is probably to start hunting off-wagon.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: September 30, 2012, 10:28:26 pm »

I'm inclined to think there was not a whole lot of bussing in that lynch. Obviously not all 13 Grujah voters are clear, but the smart money is probably to start hunting off-wagon.

If there is you and ftl would be at the top of my list... but that needs to be further analyzed.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: September 30, 2012, 10:31:25 pm »

If there is you and ftl would be at the top of my list... but that needs to be further analyzed.

That makes sense. Man, I know the next step is to re-read, but there is so. much. thread.  :(

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: September 30, 2012, 10:39:54 pm »

Grujah's team probably killed Glooble, actually. There was so much 1v1 between the two of them that he would have been a pretty clear town read today. So that makes Eevee the SK or Werewolf or vig. kill, I guess.

He/him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: September 30, 2012, 10:57:48 pm »

lol

what's "semi-naive"

i think that descriptor implies multiple scum teams, one of which eevee couldn't detect.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 2
« Reply #1517 on: September 30, 2012, 11:01:48 pm »

Either that or three individual night kills and crazy odds that both masons were killed...

If they are "lovers" I am a little annoyed with Robz for using "couples" instead... Couples don't have a page on scum wiki and isn't an acronym listed there for lovers.

On the other hand, major props to us for lynching scum Day 1!

I suppose I should confirm this, since I mentioned that the listed roles was 99% exhaustive. When I play mafia IRL, Couple was always what we called the Lovers. So yes, Couple = Lover.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: September 30, 2012, 11:07:58 pm »

Actually, I need to go to sleep, but last thought: Do you guys think Gru's scumbuddies could have been trying to push the Morgrim wagon?

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: September 30, 2012, 11:13:24 pm »

I'm just gonna look so scummy today because I tried to derail the Grujah wagon and pushed the Morgrim one some. All I can say is that I picked the wrong time to start questioning "the system" because the system finally worked for us.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: September 30, 2012, 11:18:20 pm »

Joth and ftl were already near the top of my list; i'm not sure about bussing or not, but eevee's role seems to me (and cayvie i guess) to mean that there are multiple scum teams.  It absurd for joth to jump out and say "hey guys, definitely no scum on grujah's wagon because that didn't feel like bussing, let's look off-wagon".  Yes indeed, look off wagon and completely forget that there could be a whole heap of non-mafia scum on grujah's wagon.

PPE: Cool, and you just gave us our first lead into which off-wagon voters to check, thanks director.  Funny that one of the Morgrim-pushers happens to think you're scum. (Protip: that's me)

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: September 30, 2012, 11:20:08 pm »

when I say "you" above in the PPE, I'm talking to scum-central joth.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: September 30, 2012, 11:20:37 pm »

Also

Vote: jotheonah

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: September 30, 2012, 11:23:02 pm »

Joth and ftl were already near the top of my list; i'm not sure about bussing or not, but eevee's role seems to me (and cayvie i guess) to mean that there are multiple scum teams.  It absurd for joth to jump out and say "hey guys, definitely no scum on grujah's wagon because that didn't feel like bussing, let's look off-wagon".  Yes indeed, look off wagon and completely forget that there could be a whole heap of non-mafia scum on grujah's wagon.

PPE: Cool, and you just gave us our first lead into which off-wagon voters to check, thanks director.  Funny that one of the Morgrim-pushers happens to think you're scum. (Protip: that's me)

For another nearly antagonizing post, this actually makes a lot of sense.  Seems very sketchy to immediately have everyone not look in depth at the wagon.  I dont know if I necessarily think there is something awesome to be pulled from it either, however, that doesn't mean you should immediately tell everyone to "not look at the man behind the curtain" while giving no evidence to why.  Vote: Jotheonah

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: September 30, 2012, 11:34:41 pm »

How did you get "definitely" out of "probably"?

Also side note I still need to read like half the thread >_<
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.