Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18  All

Author Topic: M57: Blarnia Mafia (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 42649 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: M57: Blarnia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2015, 06:32:18 am »

and were live.

And wow fastest claim I'm ever seen.

I hate RVS, thought it'd be nice to have something to talk about. It's a role where I put orders in the thread anyway, so I'd have to claim at some point to use it.

There was consideration to keeping it secret and using it to prevent a quickhammer or something, but that's really an edge case, and I'd need to e alive at lylo for that, which isn't the most common state of affairs.

Ya I don't disagree with your decision.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2015, 06:53:04 am »

Alright.

I'm a Town Protector

During the day, I can type protect : CalignoBot (or whomever) and that player becomes loved, meaning you'd need one more vote to lynch them. It's like a vote, in that I can change it whenever I want, I can even not protect at all. I can do it on myself, but if I do I lose my power at the start of the next day.

Thoughts ?

Can you use it at LyLo? Sounds pretty OP if you can.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2015, 07:02:38 am »

Alright.

I'm a Town Protector

During the day, I can type protect : CalignoBot (or whomever) and that player becomes loved, meaning you'd need one more vote to lynch them. It's like a vote, in that I can change it whenever I want, I can even not protect at all. I can do it on myself, but if I do I lose my power at the start of the next day.

Thoughts ?

Not really. Well it's good if I have perfect reads, but that's pretty conditional. I also need to be alive by then, which is not super likely either.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2015, 08:12:47 am »

Vote: Teproc because he is actually a scum-protector.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 08:47:40 am »

Alright.

I'm a Town Protector

Thoughts ?

Not really. Well it's good if I have perfect reads, but that's pretty conditional. I also need to be alive by then, which is not super likely either.

So you can? I would think that targeting yourself is pretty good since it gives the other townies a good chance to hit scum that day (well, unless Pit is right). And especially if you're actually scum, it's pretty OP at LyLo.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 09:45:56 am »

That's a good point. Too late though, and again, I don't have enough confidence in my ability to survive to not claim and hope to screw up lylo for scum.

Aside from the limit on using on myself, there are no restrictions on the power. silver did specifically said it wouldn't be visible in the vote count, if we want to verify the claim, we'll have to "hammer" someone I'm protecting. Likely the best way to do this without wasting time or taking any risks is to do it at the end of the day, once we're ready to hammer someone, I'll protect him, then we'll hammer, and then I'll move my protection elsewhere, which should result in a lynch.

Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 09:59:30 am »

Alright.

I'm a Town Protector

Thoughts ?

So you can? I would think that targeting yourself is pretty good since it gives the other townies a good chance to hit scum that day (well, unless Pit is right). And especially if you're actually scum, it's pretty OP at LyLo.
I wouldn't really call that OP if he is town :
T = Town, S = Scum, [Normal chance to hit scum]-> [chance when Teproc protects himself] (assuming random lynches and Teproc stays alive when he uses his power on himself)
2T vs 1S
33% chance to hit scum -> 50% chance (50% -> 100% if the IC is still alive)
3T vs 2S
40% -> 50% (50% -> 66% if the IC is still alive)
3T vs 1S
25% -> 33% (33% -> 50% if the IC is still alive)
4T vs 2S
33% -> 40% (40% -> 50% if the IC is still alive)

If Teproc is scum:
2T vs 1S
Teproc wins because town can't lynch him
3T vs 1S
All 3 town players would have to agree on lynching him otherwise he wins.
3T vs 2S
40% -> 25% chance to lynch scum (unless Teprocs partner and everyone else votes for him) (75% chance that we lose the game)
(50% -> 33% if the IC is still alive)
4T vs 2S
33% -> 20% chance to lynch scum (unless Teprocs partner and everyone else votes for him) (80% chance that we lose the game)
(40% -> 25% if the IC is still alive)

If we come to a LyLo situation Teprocs power is decently helpful for us if he is town and very dangerous if he is scum. If we aren't in LyLo his power is only helpful if his reads are better than the ones of us.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2015, 10:08:25 am »

vote: pit if he's being serious about voting for teproc. I don't think that a) scum has that power and b) scum claims that power right away if they have it.

I'm not sure how Teproc effectively uses his power, though. In theory, a larger lynch is good, because it gives us more information (I think), but most likely it just means whoever he uses it on doesn't get lynched.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2015, 10:26:37 am »

Also, were other town players also given a personal QT? Does anyone know if those are for anything special? Mine doesn't seem to have a specific purpose.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

littleB

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2015, 10:37:33 am »

Everyone has been given a QT even if you don't need it.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2015, 10:39:05 am »

Yeah I'll Vote: Teproc as the power itself does not seem to have much Town utility and the only reason to claim it seems to be so that he can say he has a power.

Also, were other town players also given a personal QT? Does anyone know if those are for anything special? Mine doesn't seem to have a specific purpose.
silverspawn mentioned in the OP that everyone will have a personal QT. #readingthesetupisscummy

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2015, 10:40:54 am »

Ninja'd by littleB!  :) Do you have any Mafia/Werewolf experience?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2015, 10:41:03 am »

Yeah I'll Vote: Teproc as the power itself does not seem to have much Town utility and the only reason to claim it seems to be so that he can say he has a power.

So... what would you have done ? Not claim and never use the power ?  Because using the power = claiming, since I have to type the orders in thread.

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2015, 10:41:31 am »

vote: pit if he's being serious about voting for teproc. I don't think that a) scum has that power and b) scum claims that power right away if they have it.

I'm not sure how Teproc effectively uses his power, though. In theory, a larger lynch is good, because it gives us more information (I think), but most likely it just means whoever he uses it on doesn't get lynched.
My vote wasn't serious... I just chose a random "reason" to  vote for someone and my second post wasn't meant to imply we should get rid of him and his power, only to give an approximation of the usefulness of it.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 10:43:08 am »

So... what would you have done ? Not claim and never use the power ?  Because using the power = claiming, since I have to type the orders in thread.
I would have treated it as a Governor and not claimed it until I wanted to use it. Claiming it now reads like an attempt to gain towncred.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2015, 10:46:56 am »

I would have treated it as a Governor and not claimed it until I wanted to use it. Claiming it now reads like an attempt to gain towncred.

Well yes. How is towncred a bad thing ?

Mostly it's because I see very little use for this power, so by claiming early I get two things out of it :
- crowdsource the power, as I have no idea how to use it effectively before mylo/lylo situations
- potential town cred

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 10:47:24 am »

Vote Count 1.1

A Drowned Kernel (1): Awaclus
Teproc (2): Pit, Archetype
Pit (1): A Drowned Kernel

Not Voting (5): Teproc, Hydrad, CalignoBot, Jimmmmm, littleB

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends at 6. Feb, 6 AM Forum time

littleB

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 10:48:47 am »

Not at all. :(

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2015, 10:49:01 am »

Vote: Archetype

Isn't it good for townies to gain towncred?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2015, 10:50:38 am »

well I hope you enjoy it!
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2015, 10:52:06 am »

Well yes. How is towncred a bad thing ?

Mostly it's because I see very little use for this power, so by claiming early I get two things out of it :
- crowdsource the power, as I have no idea how to use it effectively before mylo/lylo situations
- potential town cred

The one weakness is this isn't a power that can be crowdsourced at all I believe. If people say that they want to use it on someone that person wouldn't be getting lynched anyways as the majority wouldn't want him to be lynched anyways.

But ya I understand teproc. I would have no idea what to do with that power either.

xxpittip

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2015, 10:52:16 am »

It's about as good (propably worse) than for scum to gain towncred.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2015, 10:55:29 am »

Welcome !

Here's a way to get you into the game : do you think I'm telling the truth ?

PPE : Hydrad, yeah, that's true. By crowdsourcing I don't necessarily mean to say I'm going to let town pick who I should protect, but it might interact in interesting ways with other PRs for example. Not that they should claim because I did, but just knowing it exists could be useful for them, and I don't think it's particularly useful for scum, despite making me a kill target, but I already kind of am by default so whatever.

pit : yeah, what I mean is wanting towncred is completely null.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2015, 10:58:20 am »

Since we have new people around : PPE means "Pre-Post Edit", meaning that you use to respond to posts that were written after you wrote your initial post. If you just say "PPE 5" or something, it means you haven't read the 5 posts above your own, though as a general rule, you should at least skim them, especially if you're voting, to avoid hammering someone accidentally.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2015, 11:04:58 am »

It's about as good (propably worse) than for scum to gain towncred.
This.

Take this hypothetical: Scum has this power, but realizes there's very little utility for them as using it as their partner totally outs themselves if that player is lynched. So instead of keeping quiet about it, they claim it to try and gain some towncred. I believe that that is what is happening here. Especially because it was claimed at the very beginning of the day.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.