Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11  All

Author Topic: Start A Conversation!  (Read 56588 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
Re: Start A Conversation!
« Reply #175 on: September 30, 2013, 10:11:32 pm »
+1

I really like me a good piece of cheese on my forehead-no pun intended-I heard its great for the feet.
Wait. Is that this?

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 30, 2013, 10:12:41 pm »
+2

I really like me a good piece of cheese on my forehead-no pun intended-I heard its great for the feet.
Wait. Is that this?
Yes very much.

Plus I absolutely needed to write the rest of the sentence.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 30, 2013, 10:19:52 pm »
+2

Eli Manning sure had a bunch of turnovers, no pun INTended.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 30, 2013, 10:29:30 pm »
+3

I'm on a roll.

Alright. Now I'm done.

StrongRhino

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 30, 2013, 10:43:09 pm »

Eli Manning sure had a bunch of turnovers, no pun INTended.

The Redskins are RG0-3 (or at least they were last week)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2708
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 01, 2013, 12:21:17 am »
+4

Instead of saying "no pun intended", we should say that it was "punintentional."
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

BoxOfDOG

• Coppersmith
  • "I refuse, officer, to get out of the box."
  • Respect: +10
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 01, 2013, 12:46:22 am »
+2

Instead of saying "no pun intended", we should say that it was "punintentional."
So, I had Sudgy over at my house for a time while he was waiting to be picked up.
He left a few minutes ago..

Dango away, Sudgy! Dan-go away!
NMIII: VT (IDK) NMIV: VT (L) RMM9: Nathan Drake (D) RMM11: Pied Piper (Lightning Rod) (W)

BoxOfDOG

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 01, 2013, 01:14:45 am »

So, I had Sudgy over at my house for a time while he was waiting to be picked up.
He left a few minutes ago..

Dango away, Sudgy! Dan-go away!
Okay.. I'm sorry.. That was really bad ;-;
NMIII: VT (IDK) NMIV: VT (L) RMM9: Nathan Drake (D) RMM11: Pied Piper (Lightning Rod) (W)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 01, 2013, 01:16:25 am »

I'm going back in time a bit -- TV shows!  I just watched the season 3 (I think) premiere of Once Upon A Time.  Some parts were a bit overly dramatic and themes were perhaps hammered home a bit too bluntly (par for the course with this show) but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I'm really excited about what they are doing with Neverland.  The way they are twisting the story is absolutely wonderful.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 01, 2013, 11:58:29 am »
+2

I once submitted ten puns to a contest.  I was hoping one would win, but no pun in ten did.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

BoxOfDOG

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 01, 2013, 12:38:46 pm »
+1

Day 14!
~Dreams~

A conversation within a conversation within a conversation within a conversation 0_0

CONVERCEPTION!

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 01, 2013, 01:10:04 pm »
+3

Oh, I had a dream a week ago, where the world was ending and some people left on a spaceship to go to another planet.  Later, the world was ending again, and I was one of the people building another spaceship.  We were building it in a cave, because the government didn't want us to build it.  We were wondering where to get our materials (without the government finding us) and realized we could use the stone in the cave.  It suddenly turned minecraft for a bit as one person was building the ship (which was for some reason just four lines of cobblestone making a long cube).  We made it to the planet the others went to to join their colony, but they said we couldn't.  We were disappointed, as that's why we went out there.  We started mingling with them anyway, to try to join with them despite what they said.  Then I woke up.

You know what this has to do with any of you?  That's right, mail-mi was the one building the spaceship.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2146
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 01, 2013, 01:21:59 pm »
+2

About a week ago, I dreamed that "water sliding" was an Olympic sport (by which I mean, going down a water slide as fast as you can).  I was an Olympic water slider.  It was a lot of fun.  I don't know why I dreamed that because it's been ~10 years since I've been to a water park.

Also, I've had this weird dream several times over the past year or so (once recently, like last week), where I dream that I'm asleep and I know I'm dreaming but I can't open my eyes, and I'll keep trying really hard to wake up but I can't.  Sometimes I'll wake up (in the dream) but fall asleep again, and I know I need to wake up and do things but I can't and I get really frustrated.  It's weird because I know that I'm dreaming, but I only think that I'm one layer deep (i.e. that if I wake up I'll be fully awake), whereas in reality I'm two layers deep (i.e. if I wake up, I'll still be asleep).

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 01, 2013, 01:41:21 pm »

About a week ago, I dreamed that "water sliding" was an Olympic sport (by which I mean, going down a water slide as fast as you can).  I was an Olympic water slider.  It was a lot of fun.  I don't know why I dreamed that because it's been ~10 years since I've been to a water park.

Also, I've had this weird dream several times over the past year or so (once recently, like last week), where I dream that I'm asleep and I know I'm dreaming but I can't open my eyes, and I'll keep trying really hard to wake up but I can't.  Sometimes I'll wake up (in the dream) but fall asleep again, and I know I need to wake up and do things but I can't and I get really frustrated.  It's weird because I know that I'm dreaming, but I only think that I'm one layer deep (i.e. that if I wake up I'll be fully awake), whereas in reality I'm two layers deep (i.e. if I wake up, I'll still be asleep).

I've heard that you technically aren't dreaming in your dream, it's just that in your dream you wake up, but are still in a dream.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12871
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #189 on: October 01, 2013, 02:44:25 pm »
+1

Last night I spent a considerable amount of time in the dream unconscious. I saw those parts from a 3rd person's perspective. It's a shame that I can't remember whether or not I was viewing myself through the eyes of another person who was supposedly in that dream or through a camera. Despite that, I still was somehow feeling my body, and it felt awful to be unconscious. Which is kind of weird, because I have also died in a dream before and that felt pretty good.

Some time ago - I think it was earlier this year or maybe last year - I saw a dream in which something extremely absurd happened (I still remember what it was, but maybe it's for the best if I don't explain it here) and then I realized that hey, this kind of stuff can't happen in real life so I must be dreaming. This had happened to me a couple of times before, but this was my first time not waking up immediately. It was a pretty interesting experience to be able to pay attention to the dream with the knowledge that it is a dream; the dream world is very detailed, there even are lots of details in it that you normally would miss if you're just dreaming normally (there were random candy wrappers in my house that were in no way relevant to the dream, and when I woke up, I found out that the candy wrappers were actually there IRL, additionally there were details that my brain just apparently made up on the spot, such as a red candle in an illogical place - again, not relevant to the dream). I still couldn't control my actions consciously, so I wasn't able to do a whole lot of experimenting, but just observing what was around me was awesome.

Other dreams I've had that I think are worth mentioning:
 - A dream spoken in English, with Norwegian subtitles. At that time I was 8(ish) years old and couldn't understand either language so the words that I heard and saw were most definitely not real English and Norwegian (it shouldn't be possible, right?), but it's interesting that I could totally understand what was happening in the dream even though it wasn't in Finnish.
 - A dream which was a continuation of another dream I had seen some time ago, this has actually happened three times. During the dream it didn't feel like there had been a gap between the dreams, they felt like one single dream. Two out of three times were so that I had already forgotten the first part of the dream until I saw the second part, though I have managed to re-forget them except for the fact that a car was somehow very important to the other dream. I still remember the one which I never forgot in the first place, even though that was over 5 years ago and the other two happened just recently, though not fully (I was a large bat-like creature and there were people throwing rocks at me and it was very disturbing).
- I saw a dream about Dark Ages on Isotropic. Two days later this happened.

Has anyone tried lucid dreaming? My attempts haven't been very successful, though I have only tried it once or twice.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 03:15:26 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2013, 03:18:27 pm »

My attempts at lucid dreaming are the same as yours.

You mentioning the car, it reminds me, my brother once had a dream where there was someone driving in a car, and some other people came up to him (presumably in another car, I wasn't the one having the dream) and said, "Hey, the president's brother would really like that car!" he responded, "I AM the president's brother!" and drove off.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12871
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #191 on: October 01, 2013, 03:29:19 pm »
+1

You mentioning the car, it reminds me, my brother once had a dream where there was someone driving in a car, and some other people came up to him (presumably in another car, I wasn't the one having the dream) and said, "Hey, the president's brother would really like that car!" he responded, "I AM the president's brother!" and drove off.
So, are you the president?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 01, 2013, 03:31:15 pm »

So, are you the president?

No, my brother was just watching this all happen.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 01, 2013, 05:06:42 pm »

Oh, I had a dream a week ago, where the world was ending and some people left on a spaceship to go to another planet.  Later, the world was ending again, and I was one of the people building another spaceship.  We were building it in a cave, because the government didn't want us to build it.  We were wondering where to get our materials (without the government finding us) and realized we could use the stone in the cave.  It suddenly turned minecraft for a bit as one person was building the ship (which was for some reason just four lines of cobblestone making a long cube).  We made it to the planet the others went to to join their colony, but they said we couldn't.  We were disappointed, as that's why we went out there.  We started mingling with them anyway, to try to join with them despite what they said.  Then I woke up.

You know what this has to do with any of you?  That's right, mail-mi was the one building the spaceship.
That's not creepy... Was it my avatar or your image if what I look like?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 01, 2013, 05:50:44 pm »

That's not creepy... Was it my avatar or your image if what I look like?

I think it was your avatar.

StrongRhino

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2013, 08:59:37 pm »

I had a dream twice in a month like 5 years ago I still remember:
I was eating cheese cracker sandwiches surrounded by loud cartoon people, the I bought more, then I jumped through a blackboard and landed in a jungle.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 01, 2013, 09:02:21 pm »
+1

I have one I still remember from when I was like 8. It was a school day, and I was going to school on my skateboard (which I don't even have one) and a volcano by my house (there isn't one) erupted, and I had to skate away from the flowing lava. Somehow the rest of my friends and my sister showed up there too.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 01, 2013, 10:32:14 pm »

Ooh, there's another really long dream that my brother had that was amazing.  I don't know if I should put it all here though.

BoxOfDOG

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 02, 2013, 01:24:48 pm »

Day 15!
~Traveling~

Guyz, I'm runnin' out of subjects xD
Start giving more suggestions.

Anyway! Traveling!
I once went on a two week trip along the west coast, from Oregon to California to Nevada to California to Oregon, at places like Sea World, Disney Land, California Adventure, Las Vegas, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, and a town called Weed, California.

Yep. Weed is an actual town name.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2146
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 02, 2013, 01:27:02 pm »
+4

When you run out of topic ideas, have one day where the topic is conversation topics.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.