Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: [RPG] D&D 4e Signup and Character Creation  (Read 8811 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] D&D 4e Signup and Character Creation
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2013, 11:24:43 am »

22 points, I think.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2013, 04:03:57 pm »

yeah, at least that's what i got.

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2013, 05:21:11 pm »

Yeah, sorry for not specifying. That's the standard.

Also, we're definitely not too squishy. As the others said, that's why we balance roles; balancing power sources isn't nearly as much of an issue.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2013, 09:00:25 pm »

Ugh, I have hard time choosing my powers, too many options that I like :(

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2013, 09:26:07 pm »

I'm having a bit of trouble picking my racial powers, but I think I'll be able to figure that out after I flesh out some character background stuff.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2013, 12:05:26 am »

Ugh, I have hard time choosing my powers, too many options that I like :(

I should mention that you're not locked into this forever - when you level up, I'll let you swap out one of your previous choices if it isn't working for you.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2013, 07:26:30 pm »

How are you guys doing?
I've sent what I think is final draft to WS, so I'm ready soon...

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2013, 08:53:28 pm »

I think I have my final character stats, and a basic idea of my character.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2013, 05:37:09 am »

I have basic ideas of the background, but is still choosing powers.

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2013, 12:05:54 pm »

I have uploaded Grujah's character sheet to a Google doc. I'll do the same with all of yours when they're done.

Link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5dX5gcSM5hHVkNUVktPekg1ZU0/edit?usp=sharing

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2013, 12:11:41 pm »

Actually, since Kuildeous and Gveoniz are done except for their feats and backgrounds, here are the links to their character sheets:

Kuildeous: No longer up to date; see below
Gveoniz: No longer up to date; see below

I'll send you two a list of feats to choose from when I get the chance; at the earliest that'll be this evening. There are an awful lot to choose from.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 07:12:50 am by WinterSpartan »

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2013, 03:52:15 pm »

I left all my info on my work computer :(

I'll get back to you monday

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2013, 04:49:09 pm »

Love how both me and Watno chose primordial so we can speak to Axxle's character :P

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2013, 05:01:34 pm »

Short background:
My character's name is Derath, though when he was born, he was called Brok. He lived in the slums of Brindol when he was a child, until his parents were caught stealing and he was token away from them when he was seven. He was given to the priest of Erathis, who educated him in the ways of their order and gave him his new name. The priests don't know that he had been stealing himself befor he started living with them, and neither do they know that his great-grandfather was a hobgoblin. He is very ashamed of that and zealous to spread justice and civilization in the world to earn Erathis' forgiveness. Now he has been sent on a mission to investigate the strange happenings in the vale by the high priest of his order.

Also, I didn't choose Primordial. I'd rather speak Draconian.

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2013, 05:02:08 pm »

Whoops. Not sure how that happened; I'll fix that. Also let me get the other two backgrounds I've been sent posted.

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2013, 05:15:26 pm »

Corrected version of Watno's character sheet: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5dX5gcSM5hHaGJadDF3dGdWaFE/edit?usp=sharing

Beleren's background:

The Sorkin family is a reasonably wealthy, higher middle-class family. For many generations it has been known for its involvement with the arcane - as many of its members were famous Sorcerers, Artificers and Magi. The Sorkins' natural affinity for magic comes from their heritage (of which they are very proud of). Their lineage traces back to the ancient dragonborn of Rhest, and many members believe they are descendants of the Dragon Emperor himself.

Beleren (or Bel, as he is often called) is the firstborn son of Arleen Sorkin, a moderately well known Sorceress, and a man whom she traveled with during her journeys and adventures (how she fell for a mere swordsman, he never understood). Born with traces of of dragonblood, Bel was particularly attuned to cold magic, which he considered no less than Bahamut's own blessing. His father died young, and Bel has no real memories of him. He was raised by his mother's side of the family (and took their surname), and during his youth he was taught how to use and control the gift he has been given (he has even spent a few months in the Feywild). Now, already a young man, he takes after his parent's footsteps, trying to prove himself and test his inborn abilities.

Sorkins traditionally follow Corellon, and so does Bel. Magic is an art, and you need an inborn talent for it, that he knows. Bel, though, above even Corellon, reveres the platinum dragon, Bahamut. Bahamut, pure, noble, and mighty, flies the skies above the mortal realms. Unfortunately, Beleren also sees himself as pure, noble, and mighty, well above the "common" mortal's reach. Bahamut's commands, at least Bel's interpretation of them, are thus: "They are many weak, oppressed and unfortunate in this world. They need help of somebody worthy and capable, and that one is you".

So, while Beleren does have a great deal of respect for powerful Sorcerers and, well, "some" respect for dragonborn (those who do not waste their time with frivolities such as swordfighting) and other humanoids that have some innate magical abilities, he considers himself well above most of the Elsir Vale population. Yes, he will help the unfortunate - but only to remind them that he does it because he is better than them. Yes, he will listen to what you say, only to dismiss it as irrelevant. And while he will stand beside you on a battlefield, should things go wrong, you'll be blamed.

He does have a few redeeming qualities though. He is, for better or worse, quite optimistic and won't let things get in his way or put him down. He is relentless, and wouldn't back out of a dangerous situation or surrender when things go bad. He also has a lot of attention to detail, which, for an adventurer (which is what he aims to become) can mean the difference between life and death.

Veonis' background:

Veonis Farion is a half elf, son of a human father and elven mother. He was born in a small town and his father was the leader of a small band of swindlers. He lied to nearly everyone for profit while getting away from the authorities. Veonis didn’t have any memory of his mother; his father told him that she was a high elf but she passed away because of illness when Veonis was very young. Veonis was trained by his father to bluff and was forced to join the swindler group. He turned out to be a talented liar, but he didn’t want to lie to harm the others, so instead he lied to his father, promising him money after he returned from his “work”.  But his father eventually found that he was tricked by his own 15-year-old son so Veonis was punished and his father said he will watch him close when he “works”. Not wanting to join in evil deeds, Veonis ran away that night.

Veonis got to a small town and met an old bard playing a flute in an inn. The old bard was touched by his story and let him follow. The old bard was a wise, insightful and kind person, Veonis learned all his bardic knowledge following the old bard, and admired him very much. Originally, Veonis didn't trust anyone and seldom talked with others because of his mixed race and his early life with his father and the swindlers, but eventually he learned to trust and be friendly with others. He also started worshipping Avandra (although not extremely faithfully) because of that old bard.

Veonis also found out that he likes to bluff, just like his father, although it is only for making fun, not like his father who used it to harm others. But as he still does not want to lie too much to avoid causing trouble, and because of the teaching of the old bard, Veonis tries not to speak often, so he's not very talkative even now. After following the old bard for a long time, Veonis decided to leave him and go on his own journey.

Veonis had later gone to the Feywild in order to learn more about his mother and himself beyond the information he got from his father. He didn’t find anything useful, but he did learn more about elves and their habits. Although he could not find any clue (apart from what his father said), he still believes that he has the blood of a noble high elf, but he did not care proving himself to be one. Prosperity, fame and power are useful, but not so much that Veonis will spent a lot of time chasing after them. Leaving the Feywild, Veonis returned to the material plane and continued wandering...

As a half-elf, Veonis looks more like a human than an elf, with brown hair and a fair complexion. However, he has green eyes and pointy ears as elves do. He is as tall as but is slimmer than an ordinary human. Veonis generally prefers simple clothes.

Veonis is a friendly but not talkative person. He likes making up stories about his previous journey or his identity. He is good at lying but only does this for fun or to protect himself (or his allies) and never uses it to harm others. For music he prefer instrumental music to singing (he cannot sing while he is playing his flute anyway.) Usually Veonis likes to just pretend to be a normal human traveler, and not to be noticed by others. Sometime he claims to be a noble (or ambassador) from a faraway kingdom.

Veonis does not have a particular aim apart from just wandering around, learning more and seeing more of the world. He is willing to talk with some passersby and record what he’d seen. He usually stops at settlements, performing music or other entertainment work to earn a bit of money or just take a little rest.

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2013, 07:11:14 am »

I think I found some similarities in our backgrounds.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 08:14:34 am by Gveoniz »

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2013, 07:03:22 am »

Update: Still waiting on Kuildeous for the rest of the backstory (or at least the character's name), and on Axxle for his character's information.

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2013, 05:36:05 pm »

Axxle's character, Merik Vesuvius: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5dX5gcSM5hHc0QtZGt6RFZ1eDA/edit?usp=sharing

Brief background:

Fell through portal as an adolescent. He doesn't remember too much from there. Traveled from town to town apprenticing at various things and trying various jobs, but his temper (along with the fire it caused) always got him fired/kicked out of town. He's now trying to focus his energy into something more positive where an outburst might actually be beneficial, as a sword for hire.

(Axxle, when you finish the complete bio, feel free to just post it here).

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2013, 05:45:56 pm »

And finally, Kuildeous's character Hroksull: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5dX5gcSM5hHbk4zOWdKRWVQWW8/edit?usp=sharing

Hroksull comes from a remote village mostly in inhospitable lands. The village consists of ardent Kord worshipers. The village mostly consists of children and elders, as those who are of an age to travel do so. The holy men talk about the afterlife being eternal hunting grounds. Those that you kill in the prime material plane are sent to this afterlife to await for when we are sent there. Each person has his own afterlife, filled with all of his prey so that he may hunt for all eternity. As such, villagers are encouraged to travel far and wide to find new monsters to kill so that there is a great variety in the afterlife. Nobody wants to die early and find himself sharing eternity with just a goblin and a mosquito.

Needless to say, the lands around the village are mostly devoid of predators, as the village has an aggressive hunting policy. In fact, an able adult who stays close to the village is taunted for not finding more exciting prey.

Either tonight or tomorrow night, I'll get the first page up. Feel free to add more backstory if desired.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2013, 06:27:45 pm »

Since I don't see it on the pdf: I get +1 to fort and saving throws when I'm earthsoul, and +1 to Reflex defense, resist 5 fire when in firesoul.  I'll start each day manifesting earthsoul unless otherwise stated.

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2013, 10:04:28 pm »

It's in the pdf  :) Noted both under "race features" on the first page, and on the other relevant places ("defenses", "resistances", etc).

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2013, 10:42:09 pm »

It's in the pdf  :) Noted both under "race features" on the first page, and on the other relevant places ("defenses", "resistances", etc).
Cool, thanks!

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2013, 05:09:24 am »

.. Anger pic ..

So, if we kill you, we all have Improved Initiative for the rest of the game? Sweet!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 05:44:22 am by Grujah »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.