Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19  All

Author Topic: NM11: anagrams (over and done) (eOven! dan? ron?)  (Read 61691 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: NM11: anagrams (it's day 1!) (i... ya, 1 STD)
« Reply #375 on: December 13, 2017, 02:51:08 pm »

At the time I thought I was being more helpful then most. End day was approaching and I had no one else on me at all. Was there something scummy that I did? Would you like to question something that I did? I feel like I’ve been an open book. So again, why?

Because reasons.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 13, 2017, 02:56:14 pm »

At the time I thought I was being more helpful then most. End day was approaching and I had no one else on me at all. Was there something scummy that I did? Would you like to question something that I did? I feel like I’ve been an open book. So again, why?

Because reasons.

Ohhh that makes so much sense now.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #377 on: December 13, 2017, 03:13:49 pm »

Because reasons.

Glad I could be of help!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

stevanzzo

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: NM11: anagrams (day 2 now) (2 dawn, yo)
« Reply #378 on: December 13, 2017, 10:05:31 pm »

Because reasons.

Scummiest thing ever.

Because reasons.

I stand corrected.

Because reasons.

Glad I could be of help!

...I feel like I'm watching a passive aggressive fight.

Couple's passively aggressively fight.

Couple's live in towns.

These are townies. You cannot deny it is the best logic.

Now if only I could read the rest of you as easily...

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 13, 2017, 10:56:52 pm »

@Swan in 357: No problem with most of that. I agree that it's weird Seprix doesn't switch (he gives an explanation that's probably true if he's town, but it's not a very good one), but if he's not teamed with WW, as we both seem to agree, then what's the incentive for not voting WW as scum? 

Well the big thing that I got from day 1 was that Faust was not a fan of Skumpy. But I couldn’t figure out why. But maybe he was on to something?

Skimpy doesn’t seem to be too concerned of me buddying him, but I’m concerned of him buddying me. This does seem like something that he would do. I made it easy for him, helping save him D1.
( I’m watching you skumpy)

Faust was also on awaclus, which was probably just because it was awaclus.

He was also on Seprix. And I think this was because he wasn’t really contibting at the time?

This is only helpful if you think that Faust was killed because he was on to scum.

This game is hard, and I am very hesitant to move anyone from townie to town. But you're getting privileges because you've been active, very engaged, and are putting out many reads and stances. You're not playing cold-blooded and methodical, you're just putting everything out there as you see it, face value. This doesn't match your past town or scum play, but as scum you were incredibly tentative to go out on a limb on anyone, and any fake reads you made were easily justified. I'm sure you've improved...but I still don't think it matches up. I do have some worries about this being a master con and Super Dino play. But there's so many more scummy people that at bare minimum, I'm not voting Raptor now. (And I'm fine with that, I'd love to save on car insurance)

Don't forget he was scumreading Clemens hard, and was I think the only person to do so. If faust was killed for reads (big if), then why would he be picked out of many who probably said something against a scum at point? Either he had multiple good picks (not me, so like 2 of SC/Seprix/Awaclus) or almost nobody was suspicious of the second scum (so like Raptor/Swan). That doesn't help much, I know. I'd agree with the PR hunting, but that's not something I'm going to read back to figure out because that would be a monumental waste of my time.

Couple's live in towns.

Ahh, but can couples not ALSO live on a farm?

It's standard Awaclus, but standard is not equal to town. It feels so wrong to dismiss this as "Oh, it's just Awaclus being Awaclus". I haven't knowingly played against scumAwaclus yet, but  I'd imagine his meta is super easy to fake. Just vote somebody that ends up being town, ignore all questions directed towards you, don't bother reading other people, and poof! Despite saying that...this does feel different than 110. There's more effort this time around. It's a vote nobody has a problem with, but nobody wants to act on.

Actually.

Wow is skumpy really L-1 already??
request vote count

Skumpy is being a lot less strange then the other games I’ve played with him. I don’t think he’s the most townie, but pushing the quick lynch does nothing here. I have no problem voting him. But at the very least we can keep him alive to see his interactions with other players.

request prods on Stevanzzo

This will be a really interesting post later in the game. This makes Raptor look super town.

I've been reading WW's posts. Holy cow are they full of nothings and not useful stuff. I'm basing his towniness off of a miscount that he says was on accident but I alleged was on purpose. Given the amount of effort into the posts he has made so far, I think I can conclude that he in fact did that by accident, and well. Awaclus still looks suspicious but I guess you could read that list and be lazy.

vote: Witherweaver

Why do you find it interesting?

I strongly agree with your vote.

If WW is scum, who do you think the partner is?
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 13, 2017, 11:04:12 pm »

@stevanzzo: if you're getting captchas every time you try to post you should post once in this thread
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 13, 2017, 11:23:18 pm »

@Swan in 357: No problem with most of that. I agree that it's weird Seprix doesn't switch (he gives an explanation that's probably true if he's town, but it's not a very good one), but if he's not teamed with WW, as we both seem to agree, then what's the incentive for not voting WW as scum? 

Well the big thing that I got from day 1 was that Faust was not a fan of Skumpy. But I couldn’t figure out why. But maybe he was on to something?

Skimpy doesn’t seem to be too concerned of me buddying him, but I’m concerned of him buddying me. This does seem like something that he would do. I made it easy for him, helping save him D1.
( I’m watching you skumpy)

Faust was also on awaclus, which was probably just because it was awaclus.

He was also on Seprix. And I think this was because he wasn’t really contibting at the time?

This is only helpful if you think that Faust was killed because he was on to scum.

This game is hard, and I am very hesitant to move anyone from townie to town. But you're getting privileges because you've been active, very engaged, and are putting out many reads and stances. You're not playing cold-blooded and methodical, you're just putting everything out there as you see it, face value. This doesn't match your past town or scum play, but as scum you were incredibly tentative to go out on a limb on anyone, and any fake reads you made were easily justified. I'm sure you've improved...but I still don't think it matches up. I do have some worries about this being a master con and Super Dino play. But there's so many more scummy people that at bare minimum, I'm not voting Raptor now. (And I'm fine with that, I'd love to save on car insurance)

Don't forget he was scumreading Clemens hard, and was I think the only person to do so. If faust was killed for reads (big if), then why would he be picked out of many who probably said something against a scum at point? Either he had multiple good picks (not me, so like 2 of SC/Seprix/Awaclus) or almost nobody was suspicious of the second scum (so like Raptor/Swan). That doesn't help much, I know. I'd agree with the PR hunting, but that's not something I'm going to read back to figure out because that would be a monumental waste of my time.

Couple's live in towns.

Ahh, but can couples not ALSO live on a farm?

It's standard Awaclus, but standard is not equal to town. It feels so wrong to dismiss this as "Oh, it's just Awaclus being Awaclus". I haven't knowingly played against scumAwaclus yet, but  I'd imagine his meta is super easy to fake. Just vote somebody that ends up being town, ignore all questions directed towards you, don't bother reading other people, and poof! Despite saying that...this does feel different than 110. There's more effort this time around. It's a vote nobody has a problem with, but nobody wants to act on.

Actually.

request vote count

Skumpy is being a lot less strange then the other games I’ve played with him. I don’t think he’s the most townie, but pushing the quick lynch does nothing here. I have no problem voting him. But at the very least we can keep him alive to see his interactions with other players.

This will be a really interesting post later in the game. This makes Raptor look super town.

I've been reading WW's posts. Holy cow are they full of nothings and not useful stuff. I'm basing his towniness off of a miscount that he says was on accident but I alleged was on purpose. Given the amount of effort into the posts he has made so far, I think I can conclude that he in fact did that by accident, and well. Awaclus still looks suspicious but I guess you could read that list and be lazy.

If WW is scum, who do you think the partner is?

In regards to WW/Seprix:
I am not saying that I do not think WW is skum for sure. I just think that if I combine that one key play with the overall play and observations so far, I weigh the liklihood more on Seprix than I do on WW. If I had to guess a TEAM (which, don't do this for reads right now, just saying) it is going to be like Seprix/Active/Unactive. Seprix/WW makes sense, but I still think it could be Seprix and another player. Pretty much, if WW flips skum, while it increases the likilhood that Seprix is as well, I am still on the fence about WW when looking at him alone. Whereas if we lynch Seprix and he is skum, it almost def means WW is skum. So we find 2 for 1 and I think on stand alone details Seprix more likely.

Awaclus:
Whatever, I agree with what you said pretty much.

WW team:
As mentioned above, I think this is the reverse order to be thinking about this in. Advantage of empty posting for someone that posts a bit is that he could of been town just attempting to keep things rolling or he could be skum giving the easy interaction points.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 13, 2017, 11:27:44 pm »

Because reasons.

Glad I could be of help!

Unhelpful as always. And since he acts like this regardless of alignment because it is in his very nature to act like this, it's virtually impossible to read him. Which is exactly what he wants. Ugh. And so the argument that this is two Townies fighting is pretty much out the window. Two people fighting does not always a double town make.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 14, 2017, 12:24:21 am »

In regards to WW/Seprix:
I am not saying that I do not think WW is skum for sure. I just think that if I combine that one key play with the overall play and observations so far, I weigh the liklihood more on Seprix than I do on WW. If I had to guess a TEAM (which, don't do this for reads right now, just saying) it is going to be like Seprix/Active/Unactive. Seprix/WW makes sense, but I still think it could be Seprix and another player. Pretty much, if WW flips skum, while it increases the likilhood that Seprix is as well, I am still on the fence about WW when looking at him alone. Whereas if we lynch Seprix and he is skum, it almost def means WW is skum. So we find 2 for 1 and I think on stand alone details Seprix more likely.

Clearly something's being lost in translation.
You're saying  Seprix=scum --> WW=scum
I'm saying there's very little chance of a Seprix/WW team. If one is lynched and is scum, I'd say that pretty much vindicates the other.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #384 on: December 14, 2017, 04:32:15 am »

this does feel different than 110. There's more effort this time around

That's because it's a smaller game.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #385 on: December 14, 2017, 04:35:03 am »

Unhelpful as always. And since he acts like this regardless of alignment because it is in his very nature to act like this, it's virtually impossible to read him.

No, the reason why it's virtually impossible to read me is that you keep trying to read people based on how they act, which is a pretty bad idea because people can act a certain way for a multitude of reasons.

SirClemens

• Navigator
  • A very creative personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 14, 2017, 07:24:45 am »

Actually.

request vote count

So strongly that you don’t follow?
Too bad Dominion doesn't have Gunpowder.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 14, 2017, 09:59:51 am »

Unhelpful as always. And since he acts like this regardless of alignment because it is in his very nature to act like this, it's virtually impossible to read him.

No, the reason why it's virtually impossible to read me is that you keep trying to read people based on how they act, which is a pretty bad idea because people can act a certain way for a multitude of reasons.

Should we read them based off facial expressions?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #388 on: December 14, 2017, 10:43:23 am »

Should we read them based off facial expressions?

No. As fun as it is to pretend that you can tell what's going on inside someone's head based on their behavior, we should stop with the pseudoscience and focus on things that human beings can actually do, i.e. detecting inconsistencies in someone's town narrative. A classic example is a 2v1 where player A is trying to convince player B that player C is scum — this is the point at which player B, who is town, can tell that player A is really the scum because town!A couldn't blindly trust B to be town.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 14, 2017, 10:52:37 am »

I didn't know there was another way to read people.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #390 on: December 14, 2017, 10:53:52 am »

Also, rather than trying to guess what someone is thinking, it's much easier (i.e. actually possible) to manipulate them into thinking what you want them to think. If you can make people post in an emotional state of mind, town should still be able to maintain a consistent town narrative, but scum not so much because they actually have to think through what they can post without getting caught.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 14, 2017, 11:22:41 am »

Actually.

request vote count

So strongly that you don’t follow?

I’m debating between WW and Awaclus

stevanzzo

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 14, 2017, 02:19:59 pm »

@stevanzzo: if you're getting captchas every time you try to post you should post once in this thread

Considering that the last captcha was "KKKWYN" yeah...good call to drop those. Damn skkkum invading captcha's now.

stevanzzo

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 14, 2017, 02:20:54 pm »

Also trying to avoid this a bit recently as I'm home sick and full of meds.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 14, 2017, 04:21:43 pm »

In regards to WW/Seprix:

Clearly something's being lost in translation.
You're saying  Seprix=scum --> WW=scum
I'm saying there's very little chance of a Seprix/WW team. If one is lynched and is scum, I'd say that pretty much vindicates the other.

Oh then no we disagree lol.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 14, 2017, 05:36:10 pm »

Side note - I know he kind of mentioned something, but does anyone know how long WW plans on being away for?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 14, 2017, 05:43:20 pm »

Skumpy and Stev - Hypothetical... if you had to switch your vote where would it go right now?
real good. That’s how

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 14, 2017, 07:11:57 pm »

Skumpy and Stev - Hypothetical... if you had to switch your vote where would it go right now?

Now? You.

I do need to do a reread, which I will get around into in about 24 hours

stevanzzo

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 14, 2017, 07:24:54 pm »

Request Vote Count

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 14, 2017, 07:51:49 pm »

Request Vote Count

Nobodys voted since the last one.

I'm starting to second guess the DatSwan/Seprix team. Meaning that of Seprix/DatSwan/WW, i think at least 2 are town. So if my really-believing-in-Raptor doesnt end up catastrophic, then there has to be a scum in Awaclus/Stevan/SC. Which makes me feel better about leaving my vote on Awaclus.

Of course, there are 4 assumptions above that I will probably backtrack on aat some point. Welcome to mafia me!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.