Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19  All

Author Topic: NM11: anagrams (over and done) (eOven! dan? ron?)  (Read 61743 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: NM11: anagrams (it's night 1) (1 tight sin)
« Reply #350 on: December 12, 2017, 05:02:22 pm »

Vote: Awaclus for being deliberately deceptive. He knew he wasn't voting for me with WW's post, and deliberately faked it so Town got a no lynch D1. That is exactly the play he would make, and realizing it magically right as the deadline happens? Shady.

Yeah, sure, I deliberately ended up on WW's ignore list so that he wouldn't notice my vote on faust. Makes complete sense, that must be exactly what happened.

.. wasn’t the point he was making. The vc could of been altered for any number of reasons... purpose, mistake, inconveniently  timed bear attack... whatever. Your actions based off of the constant are what he is questioning here.

What actions? I didn't fake voting for Seprix. I was as open about voting for faust as one can reasonably be expected.

I didn't say fake... something on your mind champ?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: NM11: anagrams (day 2 now) (2 dawn, yo)
« Reply #351 on: December 12, 2017, 05:03:33 pm »

vote: Seprix
real good. That’s how

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #352 on: December 12, 2017, 05:11:47 pm »

Vote: Awaclus for being deliberately deceptive. He knew he wasn't voting for me with WW's post, and deliberately faked it so Town got a no lynch D1. That is exactly the play he would make, and realizing it magically right as the deadline happens? Shady.

Yeah, sure, I deliberately ended up on WW's ignore list so that he wouldn't notice my vote on faust. Makes complete sense, that must be exactly what happened.

.. wasn’t the point he was making. The vc could of been altered for any number of reasons... purpose, mistake, inconveniently  timed bear attack... whatever. Your actions based off of the constant are what he is questioning here.

What actions? I didn't fake voting for Seprix. I was as open about voting for faust as one can reasonably be expected.

Seprix said fake. If you know that Seprix didn't really mean fake when he said fake, then I'm interested to hear how you know that.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 12, 2017, 07:16:05 pm »

Seprix said fake. If you know that Seprix didn't really mean fake when he said fake, then I'm interested to hear how you know that.

All i said is “i didn’t say fake”. I’m fact you have completely disregarded my point and created your own tangent about, as usual, nothing.
real good. That’s how

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 12, 2017, 11:43:31 pm »

Can we please talk about something useful so we don't no-lynch again?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 12, 2017, 11:51:07 pm »

Actually.

Wow is skumpy really L-1 already??
request vote count

Skumpy is being a lot less strange then the other games I’ve played with him. I don’t think he’s the most townie, but pushing the quick lynch does nothing here. I have no problem voting him. But at the very least we can keep him alive to see his interactions with other players.

request prods on Stevanzzo

This will be a really interesting post later in the game. This makes Raptor look super town.

I've been reading WW's posts. Holy cow are they full of nothings and not useful stuff. I'm basing his towniness off of a miscount that he says was on accident but I alleged was on purpose. Given the amount of effort into the posts he has made so far, I think I can conclude that he in fact did that by accident, and well. Awaclus still looks suspicious but I guess you could read that list and be lazy.

vote: Witherweaver
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
Re: NM11: anagrams (it's day 1!) (i... ya, 1 STD)
« Reply #356 on: December 13, 2017, 12:38:33 am »

Vote: stevanzzo

Need second opinions about my Witherweaver theory.

Could you expand on this? What exactly do you mean by WW 'buddying' you? That he read you as town?

I think the answer is just sheep Faust. And if that doesn't work, then lynch Faust.

He is implicitly reinforcing my older decision, making me feel good without doing something obvious that could be brushed off as a joke. That would lead me to get a better feeling when reading his posts, which I had for the rest of day 1.

Reply 177, 241, 244, 245, 256 all have him read me correctly as town, which is easier if someone is aware that this is my alignment. faust is also a good player, but had my alignment wrong, unlike WW.

I was getting set during the start of the day to reverse my read on SC because I wanted to trust faust was right about something and a lot of SC's day 1 posts could be seen as SCumSC doing just enough to slide past. Also because a WW/SC team was starting to make a whole lot of sense, where SC parks a vote on Seprix and does not want to move to WW.

Until I see this post.

Because this is exactly what you as say as town the first game. If you're scum seeing somebody misread you as town the first game, you think "mwahaha, the poor simpleton!" (probably me this game, so this will be ironic). You DON'T accuse the person who's trying to get your off the chopping block. And if you're town...I totally relate to mistrusting those who trust me, even though it turned out that my instincts were wrong. This could be genius scum play...but I have to think town for now. Though I guess a SC/WW team is still quite possible.

Raptor: I'd normally be afraid of his buddy buddy game with me and making a big show of being against the quickhammer. But I don't think Raptor can go all the way from the 110 play to that plus intentionally misreading setup.

Stevanzzo: It's very laid back posting. I wonder if this is scum not wanting to do anything so as to not attract attention, but #166 gives me pause because it's self-aware and has a little pep to it.

Seprix: I don't think he's teamed with WW because why then would WW be voting for him so long. So why not vote WW? You have to make sure you're not lynched. If Seprix is town...great that you don't think WW is scum, you're still flirting with disaster, you need to give the hatchet. If he's scum...then he doesn't vote because he doesn't want to be part of a mislynch? It was 3-2, he's there a couple hours before the lynch. Does he know there's a scum who will be there by deadline that can help?

Witherweaver: Seprix is right, it really is a lot empty nothing that isn't giving away much. But I have to think he has to know this doesn't fly as scum. Right? It's almost too casual for scum. And at the end of the day, there were 3 votes on him and the vote swung to Seprix. If he's not teamed with Seprix (see above), who does that leave? Stevanzzo, SC, and Awaclus. Lynching WW if he's scum is insanely beneficial because I don't think there's many possibilities left for the partner. But going by probability, it's unlikely he's scum since there's so many teams that can be ruled out. I kind of want to take the Battleship approach here where you only shoot the diagonals (I'm giving away the Battleship secrets!) in order to eliminate squares altogether, by clearing all possible teams. Not enough time for that, so maybe that's incredibly dumb.

DatSwan: Crazy idea that's wrong but am convinced is right in the midst of an "I-know-everything-and-am-about-to-be-humbled": DatSwan-Seprix team? For Swan himself, I am getting more of a sense of that 110 pardner than the 105 Swan who finds ways to write really townie stuff. And he's gone waaaaay under the radar, which I know from experience is a good scum marker. In fact, we should figure out who the most inattention-receiving player is, they're probably scum.

Who am I missing? Oh right. Awaclus. Being nice and helpful and out of character by being sensible. And giving up on the Raptor tunnel.

Vote: Awaclus

I do think WW/SC and Seprix/DatSwan teams should be getting some attention. If scum doesn't want to bus D1 and risk getting a mislynch...then they definitely have by now (the first part, that is). And because I really don't think SC is scum and because if he's not, then WW is really unlikely to be scum... then I'd say conjecture Awaclus/DatSwan/Seprix contains a scum and is where I'd be most willing to vote today. So my overall order now is:

1. Awaclus
2. DatSwan
3. Seprix
---------
4. WW
5. SC
6. Stevanzzo
7. faust
8. Raptor
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 13, 2017, 01:29:12 am »

I'm going to give WW the benefit of the doubt and say the votecount was a mistake, I can buy the explanation regardless of alignment. If it's intentional scum play to make Seprix look like an equal target, then it runs a big risk of anybody going back to look like a page before and see it's wrong. How nobody caught it, I don't know.

OK here is what I got:

First and Foremost: Everyone should go back and review Faust as a known Town player.

WW(3): Swan, Raptor, Skumpy
Seprix(3) WW, SC, Awaclus
Stev(1): Seprix
Awaclus(1): Faust
NoVote(1): Stev

Scenario 2: The miscount was an accident. Which, for new people, does actually happen. Like even MODS do it.
If we are living in a world where people read the vote count that is a 3-3 wagon and think it is true, a few things stand out to me:

1) Swan - I wasn't on. I said I would be and I was wrong, you can go and check. Sorry.
2) Faust and Awaclus - Faust was town so whatever. Does not mean Awaclus is skum, as he can't know for sure and tbh Awaclus kind of just sticks with his vote no matter what.
---then the fun stuff---
3) Stev - He was here. like he even posts to point out that he is in fact present. But still no vote. That means either Stev is town and new and yadda yadda whatever... or Stev is skum and both WW and Seprix are probably skum. Latter probably more unlikely but worth pointing out.
4) Skumpy and XXR - Both switch pretty immediately from WW onto Seprix. I think that this most likely suggests that at least one  of WW/Skumpy/XXR are skum. Personally I think it likely that more than one are skum, but lets just say for now 1/3 there for sure imo.
5) Seprix - Here is the tie together. Why in the hell would Sperix, who was present and posting while the wagon was 3-2 (told to be 3-3)... why would he NOT put WW at L-1? An answer from Seprix would be rad here... until I get that my assumption, and I think it has a lot of merit, is that a Skum team of WW/Seprix makes a ton of sense

All that being said.. Mistakes do happen. Right now I think it has to be up between the two of them.. So I am gonna strong push for Vote: Seprix

3) I don't get it: HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET THE SETUP WRONG D2, ESPECIALLY WHEN SOMEBODY JUST DID IT THE DAY BEFORE? Like, did you just completely miss the Raptor misread yesterday? You have to know there's only 2 scum if you're town, you even went back and looked at the setup chart D1 to crank possibilities. But you also wouldn't try something this bold again if you're scum, which is why it's a great reason to.

4) I don't follow. With 3-3 (or so we thought) before the lynch, somebody's going to have to flip to make the lynch happen. Raptor does with less than 10 minutes left. I follow right after without having any time to look through anything, all I see is L-1. You'd have done the same thing as me. As for Raptor, I don't consider the flip scummy or towny, though it's interesting that it's a total turnaround from what he did D2 in 110. I do consider it as a sign to discount the Raptor/WW team (and Skumpy/WW too, while you're at it  :D) because I can't imagine scum leaving a teammate so close to a day 1 lynch for no good reason. If the game was like 10-3, then maybe. But to go into N2 1 vs 7 and having to deal with a Cop/Jailkeeper/Tracker, or whatever there is, that's just flat out unwinnable. For similar reasons, I'd lean away from a Raptor/Seprix team, though if it's known you're around and you don't flip, that's a bad look. But still much safer than lynching a teammate.

5) I don't know why Seprix wouldn't flip. But if's a team, then why would WW leave a vote camped on Seprix for so long, when there were plenty of other wagons to choose from? He even acknowledged he could switch to a lot of other people. So no...I think a WW/Seprix team makes no sense, actually.  8) (And after reading ahead, I see DatSwan corrrected himself. OK then)

At the claims - obviously we're not claiming today, but if it's Column A or B, then scum can't fakeclaim because the town PR would know they're lying, and we'd get down to a lynchpool of 2. Not a terrible idea for scum, I guess, but it's moot anyways.

I think the fact that seprix would not put WW at L-1 while he himself was the alternative lynch. If you know you are Town you narrow it down right? Even if he was 99.99998889% sure WW Town, you still go for it as defense if you are 100% sure you are Town...

Does that make sense?

I was at work the entire time. I'm probably going to be working at every deadline to be honest. Joining a Mafia game may have been a bad idea.

WW miscounted on purpose. He wanted to see who was going to pseudohammer and make a hard read on it. And so I am going to go Town read here for WW. DatSwan is making interesting arguments, he is safe for now.

Haven't you commentated matches at like 4 in the morning? Like, you're usually around, and it's not hard to quickly check in and make a post. I can relate to it being stupid to join mafia though.

The problem with assuming the miscount was intentional is that there's no way that nobody's going to catch him. Yet somehow, nobody caught him.

The Awaclus novote is a great play if he's trying to protect a teammate. That would be you. If he's scum, he makes sure you're dead.

Currently stuDYING. I will post all thoughts after exam tomorrow.
I thought you were another 30-year-old swim coach. Are you not? (I love prying into people's affairs!)

I think the fact that seprix would not put WW at L-1 while he himself was the alternative lynch. If you know you are Town you narrow it down right? Even if he was 99.99998889% sure WW Town, you still go for it as defense if you are 100% sure you are Town...

Does that make sense?

I was at work the entire time.

I think Swan is wondering why you didn’t vote WW in this post:

I'm not sure why my wagon is a thing.
You still like your vote?

I mean yeah but it's clearly not happening so I'll have to find another good candidate.

I see Swan’s reasoning. Vote: Seprix

Because I didn't think WW was scum and I still don't? I'm not going to lynch a guy I think is town.

Well this is in direct opposition to what you said yesterday. So much for D1s are impossible to read.

I was going to vote SirClemens. Then I was going to vote DatSwan. Then I was going to vote Seprix. Now I have no idea. I think there's a lot of good juicy tidbits we got from the D1 vote. Which I will collect later. There is something seriously wrong if Awaclus is making the most sense here. And now I want to vote Awaclus.

...I'll figure it out.

I don't remember the order of all your stuff, but here is this:

- Obviously I meant OR and not AND for the team setup scenario.
- I posted like 10 seconds after posting this quote that I realize there was a flaw in my logic regarding the WW and Seprix team, but still believed Seprix was a good vote.
- There was other stuff but it was all general. Either way the last one point would be that if you agree with me on fact that it is wierd Seprix didn't switch you should vote for Seprix.
-Lastly, not an excuse... as I am not in school I cannot claim "finals" like all the LAZY PEOPLE (Raptor....), but I was like in 3 games at the same time. Now I am not so I should be more present.

Gonna do re reads and summarize the posts in relation to faust. But it will start tomorrow.

Can we get a VC please when you have a moment Schadd?
real good. That’s how

stevanzzo

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 13, 2017, 02:46:18 am »

I love how Skumpy's list had Raptor as more likely to be town then Faust. Wondering if that was intentional or not? Probably not.

I still like my vote after rereading the post, once I noticed it the first time I can't read that post any other way.

Deadline is still a ways off maybe I'll change my mind before then.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #359 on: December 13, 2017, 04:33:08 am »

All i said is “i didn’t say fake”. I’m fact you have completely disregarded my point and created your own tangent about, as usual, nothing.

You said "Your actions based off of the constant are what [Seprix] is questioning here". If you're trying to explain to me what Seprix said, then you are saying everything he said by extension.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #360 on: December 13, 2017, 04:35:14 am »

Who am I missing? Oh right. Awaclus. Being nice and helpful and out of character by being sensible. And giving up on the Raptor tunnel.

Being helpful and being sensible are not out of character for me, and I had no other choice but to give up on the Raptor tunnel because Raptor wasn't reacting to it and nobody was joining it.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 13, 2017, 05:30:51 am »

You said "Your actions based off of the constant are what [Seprix] is questioning here". If you're trying to explain to me what Seprix said, then you are saying everything he said by extension.

False.
real good. That’s how

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #362 on: December 13, 2017, 05:59:00 am »

False.

It's not false. Here's the evidence:

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 13, 2017, 09:24:09 am »

Can you two like stop and talk about something that's not stupid?

SirClemens

• Navigator
  • A very creative personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 13, 2017, 09:44:21 am »

Not gonna lie, this post is just to escape a prod.
But I might as well be somewhat productive.

Request Vote Count

Can you two like stop and talk about something that's not stupid?

It seems like they are trying to get on the same page, which is not stupid.
Too bad Dominion doesn't have Gunpowder.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #365 on: December 13, 2017, 09:47:38 am »

talk about something that's not stupid?

Well, we are talking about you.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 13, 2017, 01:20:04 pm »

Vote count 2.2

Seprix (2): Awaclus, DatSwan
DatSwan (1): stevanzzo
Witherweaver (2): SirClemens, Seprix
Awaclus (1): Skumpy

not voting (2) : Xxraptorslayer96, Witherweaver

with 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. day 2 sunday, december 17th at 15:30 forum time. thread unlocked

mod notes
  • david byrne and st. vincent did a collab album which is important
mod quotes
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 13, 2017, 01:59:26 pm »

Well the big thing that I got from day 1 was that Faust was not a fan of Skumpy. But I couldn’t figure out why. But maybe he was on to something?

Skimpy doesn’t seem to be too concerned of me buddying him, but I’m concerned of him buddying me. This does seem like something that he would do. I made it easy for him, helping save him D1.
( I’m watching you skumpy)

Faust was also on awaclus, which was probably just because it was awaclus.

He was also on Seprix. And I think this was because he wasn’t really contibting at the time?

This is only helpful if you think that Faust was killed because he was on to scum.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 13, 2017, 02:09:38 pm »

-Lastly, not an excuse... as I am not in school I cannot claim "finals" like all the LAZY PEOPLE (Raptor....), but I was like in 3 games at the same time. Now I am not so I should be more present.

Because posting in the forum is such a productive activity? How dare I study before posting.
And I guess that means we will Be expect more content from you?

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 13, 2017, 02:11:46 pm »

Being helpful and being sensible are not out of character for me, and I had no other choice but to give up on the Raptor tunnel because Raptor wasn't reacting to it and nobody was joining it.

My reaction: why?

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 13, 2017, 02:29:19 pm »

Actually.

Wow is skumpy really L-1 already??
request vote count

Skumpy is being a lot less strange then the other games I’ve played with him. I don’t think he’s the most townie, but pushing the quick lynch does nothing here. I have no problem voting him. But at the very least we can keep him alive to see his interactions with other players.

request prods on Stevanzzo

This will be a really interesting post later in the game. This makes Raptor look super town.

I've been reading WW's posts. Holy cow are they full of nothings and not useful stuff. I'm basing his towniness off of a miscount that he says was on accident but I alleged was on purpose. Given the amount of effort into the posts he has made so far, I think I can conclude that he in fact did that by accident, and well. Awaclus still looks suspicious but I guess you could read that list and be lazy.

vote: Witherweaver

Why do you find it interesting?

I strongly agree with your vote.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #371 on: December 13, 2017, 02:29:31 pm »

Well the big thing that I got from day 1 was that Faust was not a fan of Skumpy. But I couldn’t figure out why. But maybe he was on to something?

Skimpy doesn’t seem to be too concerned of me buddying him, but I’m concerned of him buddying me. This does seem like something that he would do. I made it easy for him, helping save him D1.

He was also on Seprix. And I think this was because he wasn’t really contibting at the time?

This is only helpful if you think that Faust was killed because he was on to scum.

Faust was probably killed for PR hunting reasons.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #372 on: December 13, 2017, 02:30:24 pm »

Why not?

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 13, 2017, 02:42:44 pm »

Faust was probably killed for PR hunting reasons.

Makes sense, what do you think made him stick out as a PR?

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 13, 2017, 02:45:17 pm »

Why not?

At the time I thought I was being more helpful then most. End day was approaching and I had no one else on me at all. Was there something scummy that I did? Would you like to question something that I did? I feel like I’ve been an open book. So again, why?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 21 queries.