Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19  All

Author Topic: NM11: anagrams (over and done) (eOven! dan? ron?)  (Read 61751 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: NM11: anagrams (it's day 1!) (i... ya, 1 STD)
« Reply #250 on: December 07, 2017, 04:04:40 pm »

Vote count 1.4

Witherweaver (2): Xxraptorslayer96, Skumpy
Seprix (2): Witherweaver, Awaclus
faust (1): DatSwan
stevanzzo (1): Seprix
SirClemens (1): faust

not voting (2): stevanzzo, SirClemens

with 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. day 1 ends friday, december 8th at 13:00 forum time. in like 2 days!

mod notes
  • boan loan
mod quotes

boan loan
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:09:51 pm by schadd »
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 07, 2017, 04:25:05 pm »

So in your opinion there was no scum in skumpy?

There is skum in skumpy... i mean it’s right there
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 07, 2017, 04:37:08 pm »

Skumpy's post inspired me to Vote: SirClemens

Why, because I'm skum and am defending him? This is now twice I've seen you go for newbies with bad reasoning (Swan, circa M105). You're too good a player to make that mistake, but you know this, so you can't be scum either. No, I can't figure out how to read you.

I think the chance of scum being on Skumpy is about as high as the chance of any random 4 players containing at least one scum. A bit lower than that because I scumread Skumpy.
Just wanted to chime in and make a PSA on the verb 'read' and how it's annoying that it's spelled the same in past and present tense. If there's a cool German way to do it, that'd be nice. In this case, I can figure out the desired tense, but in general, I cannot.

Do you expect that you giving Stevanzzo a newbie pass will compel others to give you a newbie pass?

I don‘t think so. But I also don‘t think I would be lynched on this day anyway.
Yeah, we're not lynching SC. For many reasons. Faust, put your vote somewhere more productive. Even on me, should you be so persistent in your error.

Question from last game that was never answered: how am I supposed to read Awaclus? I think his Raptor vote is dumb. So he's town?
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2017, 05:00:53 pm »

I'm going to assume Scraptor is town. SC because that is how you feel the first game, Raptor because even if he's improved, he hasn't improved enough to go all the way to faking a setup misread. Watch be me wrong, but that's where I'm at.

On the Skumpster: DatSwan (it was RVS, but I'm still counting it as being on my wagon), Faust, SC, WW.
Swan unvotes, Stevanzzo takes his place.

Off the Skumpster: Raptor, Awaclus, Seprix, DatSwan (after the RVS. Again, not an alignment tell. I think he was being honest about his RVS approach in 110, probably should've double checked that).

...OK, I give up. Normally, I'd say definitely a scum in the latter category. But if the team was Stevanzzo and faust/WW, yeah, I could see a teammate sheep there thinking it was good. faust...blech. He knew I was 110skum by the time the game started, my opening was not like it. WW I don't know, apparently he gets a vet pass to do as he pleases? Great, doesn't help us. Scum wants to be playing their standard game. Despite my top 2 picks being faust and WW at some point...I don't think that's a team, at least one is town. I wondered about a vet gang-up my first game. They have an even better opportunity here, but I still don't think they'd do it. So either Stevanzzo's scum or there is a scum offwagon. Or both. Or I'm wrong about SC and/or Raptor. Or I'm wrong about faust/WW. Which helps a total of -10, you're welcome. More think later.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 07, 2017, 08:51:09 pm »

So day ends tomorrow, and we are still spread pretty thin across the board. I should be mostly around at deadline.

I would like to lynch WW, Faust, or Stevan. I would vote Seprix, Awaclus, or Datswan to push a lynch through. I will not vote Skumpy or SC.

We should all kinda state if we will be around-ish at deadline and start to consolidate the lynch pool.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 07, 2017, 08:59:45 pm »

I would like to think I will be around for the end of day.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 07, 2017, 09:27:04 pm »

There's no one I would not lynch.

Seprix, Raptor are good choices. It's always a good time to lynch Awaclus. Faust I'm very null on. Clemens maybe town. Datswan I don't really have a read on. Stevanz is null. Skumpy is weird.

SirClemens

• Navigator
  • A very creative personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 08, 2017, 12:22:48 am »

Vote: Seprix L-2

This is probably my last post today.
Too bad Dominion doesn't have Gunpowder.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 08, 2017, 01:28:52 am »

Why, because I'm skum and am defending him? This is now twice I've seen you go for newbies with bad reasoning (Swan, circa M105). You're too good a player to make that mistake, but you know this, so you can't be scum either. No, I can't figure out how to read you.
No, because he's scummy. Why do you keep asking me questions and then put in the (completely wrong) answers yourself so you can make a strawman argument against me?

I think the chance of scum being on Skumpy is about as high as the chance of any random 4 players containing at least one scum. A bit lower than that because I scumread Skumpy.
Just wanted to chime in and make a PSA on the verb 'read' and how it's annoying that it's spelled the same in past and present tense. If there's a cool German way to do it, that'd be nice. In this case, I can figure out the desired tense, but in general, I cannot.
Well, if transcribed into German, one would spell "ried" (present) and the other "räd". But it may confuse people to use that.

Do you expect that you giving Stevanzzo a newbie pass will compel others to give you a newbie pass?

Yeah, we're not lynching SC. For many reasons. Faust, put your vote somewhere more productive. Even on me, should you be so persistent in your error.

Question from last game that was never answered: how am I supposed to read Awaclus? I think his Raptor vote is dumb. So he's town?
I am not going to let you prescribe who we're lynching. Why should we not lynch Clemens? He's super reserved, calculating, stepping carefully and explaining his every move, typical for newbie scum.

I thought Awaclus changed votes?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 08, 2017, 01:33:23 am »

WW I don't know, apparently he gets a vet pass to do as he pleases? Great, doesn't help us.
What is your issue? WW is around, contributing and asking questions, trying to move the game forward... a style of play that I feel helps us a lot more than your self-centered one.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 08, 2017, 01:37:28 am »

Will be here for the deadline.

It seems that Clemens won't be here to claim. That worked out nicely for him. I guess it's not great as a lynch then. Still I am confused what it is that people find townie about him. Maybe people can make better cases for that? WW already did something, that's fine, but it's super not bold. If you want to see bold newbie play, you have to look no further than stev's Skumy vote.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 08, 2017, 01:48:44 am »

Unfortunately, none of the current wagons are any good.

Back to Vote: Skumpy

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 08, 2017, 03:14:58 am »

So just to clarify what you did... You state that none of the wagons are any good, and procced to voting a place where no one else is voting? Why wouldn’t you just keep your vote where it was if you wanted to waste it?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 08, 2017, 03:19:49 am »

Agreed. However, I also do not think you are finding skum with skumpy either.

PPE
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 08, 2017, 03:21:40 am »

vote: WW
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 08, 2017, 03:44:21 am »

So just to clarify what you did... You state that none of the wagons are any good, and procced to voting a place where no one else is voting? Why wouldn’t you just keep your vote where it was if you wanted to waste it?
Well, over the course of the game a total of 5 people have been voting Skumpy, so there is definitely enough to get a lynch through and to say that it is wasted is ridiculous. And as I said, Clemens won't be here to claim.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 08, 2017, 03:45:17 am »

None of the wagons are good, but you join one of them?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 08, 2017, 03:54:54 am »

None of the wagons are good, but you join one of them?

Something about a rock and a hard place.
real good. That’s how

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 08, 2017, 03:57:10 am »

No, because he's scummy. Why do you keep asking me questions and then put in the (completely wrong) answers yourself so you can make a strawman argument against me?

Well, if transcribed into German, one would spell "ried" (present) and the other "räd". But it may confuse people to use that.

I am not going to let you prescribe who we're lynching. Why should we not lynch Clemens? He's super reserved, calculating, stepping carefully and explaining his every move, typical for newbie scum.

I thought Awaclus changed votes?

1. I have no idea what 'Skumpy's post inspired me' would mean other than that. I still don't know. BTW, I don't know what that 'no' is in my last sentence. I probably had more thoughts that I forgot to say.

2. What if I just did read vs red? Does that work?

3. OK, after a readthrough, I'm not so sure anymore. Still don't want to vote there. Does you voting for him before having something to do with it? Maybe...

But it's posts like #201 that I like. You get excited and nervous and you try to get involved. I probably would've faked it had I been scum my first game, but it would have been a more subdued excitement. And if you're scum, you lurk, make as few reads as possible, and hope everybody forgets about you.

And you just changed your vote, so somebody's prescribing. I'll take credit for it because I'm selfish.

Yeah he did...I don't know why I was caught up with the Raptor accusation. Probably because it stuck out like a sore thumb? So should I vote him for making sense with the Seprix vote?

Will be here for the deadline.

It seems that Clemens won't be here to claim. That worked out nicely for him. I guess it's not great as a lynch then. Still I am confused what it is that people find townie about him. Maybe people can make better cases for that? WW already did something, that's fine, but it's super not bold. If you want to see bold newbie play, you have to look no further than stev's Skumy vote.

Bold is good. That's why I'm not voting there. I'm also giving newbie passes, sue me. It could also be uninformed and he had to backtrack, it could also be a partner telling him to be bold. Eh. There's 2 scum, and he's not top 2 for me now. Fair points, I tip my hat to you.

WW I don't know, apparently he gets a vet pass to do as he pleases? Great, doesn't help us.
What is your issue? WW is around, contributing and asking questions, trying to move the game forward... a style of play that I feel helps us a lot more than your self-centered one.

It's D1. You can do on your D1 scumreads and stir up arguments and trouble, but I haven't seen it work yet for you, and it's clearly not working this game either. The only reason why I'm not reserved about accusations this game compared to normal is I'm somehow one of the more experienced players here (tied for 6th anyways) and as I already said, there's not enough time in the game to take it easy D1. There's 9 candidates to be lynched, none of them are gonna be much better than others. The absolute best thing I can do D1 is to get myself to N2 alive because literally anybody else is a better lynch than myself (disregarding PRs) since I know I'm town, I can't say the same for the others. If I'm lynched, that's 1 town dead and 1 wasted day. I'll pass.

The encouraging thing about this it I expected to be an eaaaasy townread from now on. Either you're scum or I'm wrong, so I'm happy either way  :D

READING RAPTORS' POSTS IS SO ENTERTAINING THIS GAME!!!!! Sorry, I swear I won't do that again.

Agreed. However, I also do not think you are finding skum with skumpy either.

PPE

I was trying to think a clever Skumpyism to respond to that faust post. This does the trick fine though (even though you're always finding Skum in Skumpy! Someone needs to make a jingle)

Lynch pool for me's at 5. Awaclus isn't getting lynched, and I think I'm OK with that, which gives me pause. I'd vote faust, but that's clearly not happening. Swan is also not really like Swan from 105 or 110. I don't why I can't put my finger on him? I'll wait a day, it was my plan after 105 anyways. Top 2 picks are on the biggest 2 wagons. Again. Yay. WW... he's been active but not active enough to warrant a lot of attention, which is what I'm learning scum likes to do. At any rate, newbie privilege, vets must die! And Seprix is trying to fly under the radar and get to D2 as safe and secure as possible. I don't know if he'd try harder as scum or not, which is why he's 2nd pick. Good to switch my vote there if needed, but I don't think it'll be needed.

Yes, I know there was a lot of hypocrisy above, I say what I need to :)
Should be around for deadline, but I won't be able to do much more than make votes.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 08, 2017, 03:58:39 am »

TL:DR

I don't like you faust (only when games are ongoing, I swear!)
I am a self-centered player.
Will lynch WW or Seprix. Big help, I know!

I should do this more often.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #270 on: December 08, 2017, 04:01:44 am »

Vote: faust
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 08, 2017, 04:13:26 am »

This is either a very bad decision, or scum who realized that there might be enough support to actually get a mislynch through on me. Either way I don't like it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #272 on: December 08, 2017, 04:17:46 am »

This is either a very bad decision, or scum who realized that there might be enough support to actually get a mislynch through on me. Either way I don't like it.

It's neither.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 08, 2017, 04:23:39 am »

1. I have no idea what 'Skumpy's post inspired me' would mean other than that. I still don't know. BTW, I don't know what that 'no' is in my last sentence. I probably had more thoughts that I forgot to say.
Well your offhand townread on him was bringing him back to my attention, yes. But you're not the only one to have done that.

But it's posts like #201 that I like. You get excited and nervous and you try to get involved. I probably would've faked it had I been scum my first game, but it would have been a more subdued excitement. And if you're scum, you lurk, make as few reads as possible, and hope everybody forgets about you.
Well I'd argue that you get even more excited and nervous as newbie scum. #201 is devoid of any reads and thus it is very easy for scum to make that post. It is being active and involved while avoiding any sort of confrontation.

It's D1. You can do on your D1 scumreads and stir up arguments and trouble, but I haven't seen it work yet for you, and it's clearly not working this game either. The only reason why I'm not reserved about accusations this game compared to normal is I'm somehow one of the more experienced players here (tied for 6th anyways) and as I already said, there's not enough time in the game to take it easy D1. There's 9 candidates to be lynched, none of them are gonna be much better than others. The absolute best thing I can do D1 is to get myself to N2 alive because literally anybody else is a better lynch than myself (disregarding PRs) since I know I'm town, I can't say the same for the others. If I'm lynched, that's 1 town dead and 1 wasted day. I'll pass.
Well, I may not be on top of my game now, but there has been a period of time here on f.ds where I caught scum on D1 in like 3 games in a row (when I drew scum afterwards, I felt compelled to bus my partner to a D1 lynch in order to not draw suspicion). So there's where my belief that it can work stems from. I think part of the problem now is there's more people here I'm not that good at reading, I have less time, but also more other people like you who have kind of given up on D1s, so there is less content there and thus of course it gets harder to catch scum.
[/quote]

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 08, 2017, 04:23:54 am »

It's neither.
No it is definitely one of those.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.