Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 61  All

Author Topic: RMM31: Untitled Mafia (Game Over, Mafia Wins!)  (Read 130542 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM31: Untitled Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #950 on: March 21, 2016, 02:17:20 pm »

Because I got a PM saying I am town, and I'm normally pretty obvious as town.

Great. Can you point out specific instances of you being pretty obviously town in this game?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 21, 2016, 02:24:23 pm »

Because I got a PM saying I am town, and I'm normally pretty obvious as town.

Great. Can you point out specific instances of you being pretty obviously town in this game?
What does that even mean? Clearly people have formed an opinion of me and when I tried to give examples already, they have their own ways to write them off as something scum would do.

I've never been concerned about projecting being townie because I'm used to people (eventually) realizing that towni!Ichi is town!Ichi. But you know, if me being alive is going to distract and people are just gonna want to lynch me at lylo or something, go ahead. I just want town to win, and it's not like I'm a really strong PR or anything.

I will claim if people want me to.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 21, 2016, 02:27:54 pm »

So nobody saw somebody doing something last night? I mean, I targeted someone and I was hoping that would be a big old case against me today or something since my explanation for the target is super scummy sounding. I am not going to do the work for you, though.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 21, 2016, 02:29:51 pm »

So nobody saw somebody doing something last night? I mean, I targeted someone and I was hoping that would be a big old case against me today or something since my explanation for the target is super scummy sounding. I am not going to do the work for you, though.

vote: pps. Literally the scummiest post in Mafia history short of "I am the SK".

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 21, 2016, 02:44:51 pm »

Yeah. I'm at vote: PPS.
He wanted people to suspect him?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 21, 2016, 03:06:58 pm »

Sweet, it worked anyways.

Yes, my meta has long been to draw attention and scrutiny to create interaction; more specifically to help me determine who scum actually are.

Lo and behold the two scummiest people I know vote me immediately with just the slightest of nudges.

I didn't think it would be this easy.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 21, 2016, 03:12:00 pm »

I know, right? Ichi has reacted fabulously to very minor pressure. Which isn't necessarily a scum tell.

PPS...I don't know...Haddock asked me why I thought PPS was town because he had a scum read on him. I couldn't quite quantify it for him either. But PPS...that guy is town.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #957 on: March 21, 2016, 03:36:58 pm »

What does that even mean? Clearly people have formed an opinion of me and when I tried to give examples already, they have their own ways to write them off as something scum would do.

I've never been concerned about projecting being townie because I'm used to people (eventually) realizing that towni!Ichi is town!Ichi. But you know, if me being alive is going to distract and people are just gonna want to lynch me at lylo or something, go ahead. I just want town to win, and it's not like I'm a really strong PR or anything.

I will claim if people want me to.

It means that you're supposed to be able to prove that you're town. If you can't, you're not town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 21, 2016, 04:26:44 pm »

Yes, my meta has long been to draw attention and scrutiny to create interaction; more specifically to help me determine who scum actually are.

Lo and behold the two scummiest people I know vote me immediately with just the slightest of nudges.

"I am self-aware of my meta and am using this to excuse myself from trying to figure out what happened that kept us from killing Haddock night 1".

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 21, 2016, 04:37:14 pm »

While ichi got away with it yesterday, I still think the best explanation for no nk on N1 is that he was roleblocked. It just makes sense
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: March 21, 2016, 05:35:18 pm »

Ok.  Case on e.

Vote Count 1 Final

Haddock (1): Limetime
gkrieg13 (1): Roadrunner7671
Roadrunner7671 (7): Hydrad, Awaclus, Axxle, chairs, Haddock, Witherweaver, e
chairs (2): gkrieg13, Ichimaru Gin

Not Voting (1): pingpongsam

With 12 alive, it took 7 to lynch..

Thread locked!

Vote Count 2 Final

Ichimaru Gin (1): e
gkrieg13 (1): Witherweaver
Limetime (6): chairs, gkrieg13, Haddock, Hydrad, Ichimaru Gin, Awaclus

Not Voting (2): pingpongsam, Limetime

With 10 alive, it took 6 to lynch.

Well in starting my case for him, I actually thought he was the only person that was on the mislynch and not on the scum lynch, but I see that WW is also in that boat.

This is one of the strongest points on him.  I feel like we should look at people that were off-wagon yesterday, and who were strongly pushing other lynches.

D1:
  He starts the day off by giving a pass to PPS, and constantly reaffirming that pass.
  RVS sheeps Hydrad voting WW.
  switches his vote to Haddock
  Keeps pushing the Haddock lynch, causing a wagon to form, causing Haddock to claim.
  When Haddock claims, he goes back to voting WW.
  He then makes a jokey case on WW
  He keeps getting very excited for L-1s
  Votes for Axxle and tries to get a wagon started there.

I guess what I am trying to get at is he is basically just trying to push wagons D1.  If you look at all the major wagons D1, he was on them, and three of those people have flipped town.

D2:
  He then spends most of D2 telling people that the case on limetime is for no reason whatsoever. 
  That is pretty much it from sober!e on D2

tl;dr, e pushed wagons D1 on people who turned out to be town, then tried to get the limetime wagon to dismantle and put the pressure on IG D2, which he is continuing to do today.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 21, 2016, 05:38:26 pm »

This is rich considering that I am the (most likely) reason you lost a NK. The real question is why you didn't go for me last night. Oh, because you'd rather have a claimed cop and then try this stunt on me today.

"I am self-aware of my meta and am using this to excuse myself from trying to figure out what happened that kept us from killing Haddock night 1".

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 21, 2016, 06:35:52 pm »

Yeah, I was so excited to lynch RR D1. I mean, I only waited until a couple hours before deadline and voted to insure a lynch and tried to push alternative wagons the rest of the day. Totally in favor of the RR lynch

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 21, 2016, 06:51:47 pm »

I agree with gkrieg in spirit. We need cases and he is putting in the effort. It doesn't look like pure scum effort either. I also agree with e's rebuttal but I am horribly prone to confirmation bias.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 21, 2016, 06:53:13 pm »

Reposted to fix formatting:

This is rich considering that I am the (most likely) reason you lost a NK. The real question is why you didn't go for me last night. Oh, because you'd rather have a claimed cop and then try this stunt on me today.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 21, 2016, 10:24:38 pm »

Of course Ichi is scum....

But really, I could warm up to a gkrieg lynch. Except that claim. What did he claim today?

Ok fine, I will quit being lazy and go check

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 21, 2016, 10:34:28 pm »

I mean, my case on gkrieg would be crazy conspiracy theory based with him and WW being scum.

But his results are actually too townie for that. I mean, scum!team gkrieg and WW could conceivably come up with his first claim, but then the second where he would have to target his partner....eh

Too much of a conspiracy theory even for me.

Gkrieg is town

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 21, 2016, 10:36:19 pm »

So we have

conf!Town
Gkrieg
Awaclus
WW
e

Ok, fine. I shouldn't be on that list. WW shouldn't be either, but I very strongly think he is town

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 21, 2016, 10:37:23 pm »

I'm bored. I feel like I should claim.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 21, 2016, 10:37:56 pm »

Don't it. It is D3. Great day for claims

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 21, 2016, 10:38:36 pm »

Don't DO it. It is D3. Great day for claims

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 21, 2016, 10:39:26 pm »

I am totally not claiming anything no matter what. L-1, whatever. No claim

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 21, 2016, 10:40:55 pm »

ok chairs targetted haddock last night. so do with that what you will.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 21, 2016, 10:47:07 pm »

Chairs?

Anyone else able to confirm/deny?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 21, 2016, 10:48:48 pm »

vote: chairs
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 61  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 20 queries.