Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 58  All

Author Topic: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 128671 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2016, 07:16:07 am »

Speaking of which, I wasn't expecting you to overtly show suspicion of silverspawn, especially not after I've called you on it. I'm interested in what exactly brought you to say what you did in e.g. #134 (i.e. that you think the second vote is worse than the first).

It's kinda a mafia "common wisdom" that the second vote is scummier than the first, as in it's easier to hop on a wagon than to create one. By such logic, ADK should be voting for silver over me. He's not, and I want to know why.

You are overreacting very much to this vote ADK gave you.

vote: Faust

My first real vote.

That's just stupid.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2016, 07:17:26 am »

I mean, how the hell am I overreacting? If I get asked a question, should I not answer it?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2016, 07:19:07 am »

Dating QTs will be made available to the speccy

Some other random thought that occurred to me.... do you think EFHW would have done this if there was a dating QT with 2 scum?

ced

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2016, 07:54:54 am »

It's kinda a mafia "common wisdom" that the second vote is scummier than the first, as in it's easier to hop on a wagon than to create one. By such logic, ADK should be voting for silver over me. He's not, and I want to know why.

See, here's the disconnect: you're suspicious of ADK for going for you over Silverspawn, because you believe Silver's second vote is scummier than yours. Yet you aren't suspicious of Silverspawn for said vote in the first place. It all feels very "why me?", like you were hoping for Silver to catch more flak for his vote than he did.
Speaking of ADK, though, what's your opinion of his decision to vote you and be the first on your wagon, as opposed to voting Silver and being the 2nd/3rd on that wagon?

You are overreacting very much to this vote ADK gave you.

vote: Faust

My first real vote.

Your Silverspawn vote wasn't real?

By my count that is 5 votes on faust, of varying value. Do you observe L-2 claims on this site? If so, how do we handle them in this game where votes sometimes don't count?

There are a few people we haven't heard from in over 24hrs, which is quite a while given the length of the day. Silverspawn in particular may have something pertinent to say about his partner (at least from what I've gathered from faust's defenses). I'd also like to hear from ADK about what he thinks of faust's latest posts.
Then I'm also interested in hearing from gkrieg/Haddock/Jimmm, who haven't had a real chance to post yet.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2016, 09:30:01 am »

Sorry to be late. I can confirm that faust's vote was for reactions, we talked about that in the QT. Mine was even more for reactions, I thought RR's post was towny.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2016, 09:38:07 am »

I do not at all agree with the faust case. The initial vote seems like something town!faust does. And this:

See, here's the disconnect: you're suspicious of ADK for going for you over silverspawn, because you believe silver's second vote is scummier than yours. Yet you aren't suspicious of silverspawn for said vote in the first place. It all feels very "why me?", like you were hoping for silver to catch more flak for his vote than he did.

That would be legit if the context was different. But fact is that faust's original post was in response to ADK's logic:

Also, if I know it's a bad vote, then why would I place it as scum?

You should know it's a bad vote, then.

And silverspawn's vote is bad too but you made yours first.

I don't get what you're trying to say with that first sentence.

And does that mean that the second vote is better than the first? I always thought it was the other way around. Maybe I've been gone for too long.

And then he only said this:

after you asked him on it specifically. So it only feels "why me" because you manipulated in this way, which by the way is a really scummy thing to do. vote: ced

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2016, 09:38:57 am »

Voting for reactions... not necessarily scummy for silver

kinda scummy for Faust tho

Let's kill Faust
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2016, 09:39:50 am »

I do not at all agree with the faust case. The initial vote seems like something town!faust does. And this:

See, here's the disconnect: you're suspicious of ADK for going for you over silverspawn, because you believe silver's second vote is scummier than yours. Yet you aren't suspicious of silverspawn for said vote in the first place. It all feels very "why me?", like you were hoping for silver to catch more flak for his vote than he did.

That would be legit if the context was different. But fact is that faust's original post was in response to ADK's logic:

Also, if I know it's a bad vote, then why would I place it as scum?

You should know it's a bad vote, then.

And silverspawn's vote is bad too but you made yours first.

I don't get what you're trying to say with that first sentence.

And does that mean that the second vote is better than the first? I always thought it was the other way around. Maybe I've been gone for too long.

And then he only said this:

after you asked him on it specifically. So it only feels "why me" because you manipulated in this way, which by the way is a really scummy thing to do. vote: ced

Hm that's an interesting case actually.

Too bad I can't really join you on it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2016, 09:40:24 am »

Voting for reactions is scummy at most points in the game. It's not scummy when you're still in RVS.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 05, 2016, 09:47:14 am »

Voting for reactions is scummy at most points in the game. It's not scummy when you're still in RVS.

I know that you do it and have seen you do it (as town) and am comfortable with that. I just think that from Faust it feels more forced/contrived/what have you and he does seem off here.

It's not like this Faust wagon is the end all be all of this day (That would be pretty stupid, putting a wagon on a strong player and then just killing him 10 pages into the game before we look at anyone else) but putting pressure here is a good thing. Now we have a wagon to analyze.

Request Vote Count BTWs

I do join you in expressing skepticism toward my speed dating partner, though. I have been feeling the ever-so-slightest tinges of buddying from him.

ced

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 05, 2016, 11:25:26 am »

So it only feels "why me" because you manipulated in this way, which by the way is a really scummy thing to do. vote: ced

Firstly, the context is a bit wider than that. Faust had already compared his vote to yours in #131 - which is exactly the "why me" thing I'm outlining.
Secondly, you misunderstand what my conclusion is there (or perhaps I misworded it). The exact nature of the "tell" i.e. the "first vote/second vote" thing isn't as important. What is important is that he's saying that ADK should be voting for you when he (faust) doesn't seem to think you're scummy in the first place. I'll buy that he discussed this in your qt before and hence is fine with your vote, but this doesn't explain the deflection.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 05, 2016, 01:35:33 pm »

I'm here! I think faust is town.  Especially with silvers backing. I mean maybe they're both scum, but eh.

Just caught up and read everything.  I may have missed bits and pieces (on phone) but my main takeaway here is a scummy vibe I'm getting from iguana. His posts just don't seem like him somehow. I'm aware this is super weak. But it's what I got. vote: iguana

Im null-scum on ced. But would like to leave that for a while, see some more of ced's play. (Pronoun, ced? )
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 05, 2016, 01:36:47 pm »

I'm here! I think faust is town.  Especially with silvers backing. I mean maybe they're both scum, but eh.
To clarify this. It's not just silvers backing. I think this very analytical faust is very much like him. Surely he can imitate it well as scum, but it just feels right to me.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2016, 01:42:08 pm »

Vote Count 1.3

silverspawn (0): Roadrunner
Roadrunner(0): Joseph
faust (2): ADK, iguana, ced, Seprix, Awaclus
Awaclus (0): faust
ced (0): silverspawn
iguana (0): Haddock

Not voting (2)
: gkrieg, Jimmmmm
With 12 alive it takes 7 to majority lynch

Day ends Saturday, June 11th at 1 p.m.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2016, 01:43:38 pm »

Just caught up and read everything.  I may have missed bits and pieces (on phone) but my main takeaway here is a scummy vibe I'm getting from iguana. His posts just don't seem like him somehow. I'm aware this is super weak. But it's what I got. vote: iguana

To be fair, Iguana is probably playing like Awaclus, but yes, I do not like the stance he is taking, even if I am on the same side technically.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 05, 2016, 04:56:59 pm »

See, here's the disconnect: you're suspicious of ADK for going for you over Silverspawn, because you believe Silver's second vote is scummier than yours. Yet you aren't suspicious of Silverspawn for said vote in the first place. It all feels very "why me?", like you were hoping for Silver to catch more flak for his vote than he did.

That is not what I am, or was, saying...

I don't think silver's vote is scummier than mine, other than in that I think any vote cast by someone that isn't me is scummier than any vote cast by me. Plus, it can be scummier than mine and still townie, and I knew silver was doing it for reactions (because he said so in the QT). And additionally, I'm not really suspicious of ADK, I'm simply questioning him to get a read, because that was all the valid interaction that was there at that point.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 05, 2016, 04:58:05 pm »

Voting for reactions... not necessarily scummy for silver

kinda scummy for Faust tho

Let's kill Faust

This feels like town!iguana on D1.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 05, 2016, 04:58:55 pm »

Some other random thought that occurred to me.... do you think EFHW would have done this if there was a dating QT with 2 scum?

Anyone have an opinion on that? It was weirdly overlooked, but I think it's a decent piece of evidence (even though it's outguessing the mod).

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 05, 2016, 05:00:24 pm »

Anyone have an opinion on that? It was weirdly overlooked, but I think it's a decent piece of evidence (even though it's outguessing the mod).
Yeah, I'm pretty confident EFHW would keep the speccy spoiler free, so it's 'safe' to assume there are no partners together.

Good observation.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 05, 2016, 05:34:46 pm »

Yeah, I'm pretty confident EFHW would keep the speccy spoiler free, so it's 'safe' to assume there are no partners together.

Good observation.
Probably true.

The speccy would probably suck if there's a Mafia/Mafia QT there.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 05, 2016, 05:45:30 pm »

oh, I didn't get the reason at first. They would reveal that they're scum in the QT. right.

that's pretty nice. And a mod error. Still nice though.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 05, 2016, 05:50:47 pm »

Hey sorry everyone, weekends can be not great for me... catching up today.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 05, 2016, 06:00:52 pm »

oh, I didn't get the reason at first. They would reveal that they're scum in the QT. right.

We need to stop leveraging information off mods, feels kind of dirty.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #223 on: June 05, 2016, 06:05:09 pm »

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introduction
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 05, 2016, 06:05:22 pm »

Well uh. I'm thinking it and I cannot unthink it and it's influencing my reads, so I should put it out there.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 16 queries.