Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 389672 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 5)
« Reply #2650 on: April 03, 2019, 12:00:38 pm »

Space was copped N1? And you think I would use my one shot bus drive on them? Weird. Not sure what this makes you, I think it's an interesting gambit but it also makes no sense as someone with a Garak partner, which seems to be the most likely scumteam for you (either you're Garak or you're partners with ash, who is also Garak). More nulls! I liked you more in M121 where I was sure you were town from the start, now I'm just getting confused.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: April 03, 2019, 12:04:02 pm »

And that's l-1? Or l-2? Does it take three or four to lunch today?

It should be L-2 if the only votes are ash's and yours. And then the only other vote is mine on ash? I haven't been paying attention to votes.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: April 03, 2019, 12:05:49 pm »

Oh for the love of all things good and holy, I didn't think it was 1-shot.  Literally been brewing that theory since last night.  F.  Bomb.

Unvote

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: April 03, 2019, 12:07:36 pm »

Oh for the love of all things good and holy, I didn't think it was 1-shot.  Literally been brewing that theory since last night.  F.  Bomb.

Unvote

Vobe: raerae

Vote: raerae

Vote: ash, confirmed Garak

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: April 03, 2019, 12:09:16 pm »

Well, luckily now we know ash's scum and, thus, raerae's town. This means that, if Didds's town, there's two scum in (Snow/Space/MiX), which is pretty cool if you think about it. This play might've cracked the game.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: April 03, 2019, 12:12:44 pm »

Well, luckily now we know ash's scum and, thus, raerae's town. This means that, if Didds's town, there's two scum in (Snow/Space/MiX), which is pretty cool if you think about it. This play might've cracked the game.

How does me being a moron make Ash scum?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: April 03, 2019, 12:16:13 pm »

Confirmed Garak, EFHW died, therefore Garak is scum. It's not guaranteed as the rest of what I said, but I believe it strenghts my case on him. I wrote a bunch of things about him before, now I'm tunnelling more than anything.

But you're right. If what I learned was that ash!raerae isn't possible, then I should be voting for

Vote: Snow

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: April 03, 2019, 12:23:20 pm »

Confirmed Garak, EFHW died, therefore Garak is scum. It's not guaranteed as the rest of what I said, but I believe it strenghts my case on him. I wrote a bunch of things about him before, now I'm tunnelling more than anything.

But you're right. If what I learned was that ash!raerae isn't possible, then I should be voting for

I'm going to try one more time.  Remember, I've said that I'm both a moron and the dumb kid, I'm not sure how much more I explain how I don't understand what is happening but you're really, really going to have to slow down and use little words.  EFHW dies so, yes, Garak is scum, I get that.  But WHY is Ash Garak?  I know you have a case but this is me saying it didn't register with me so if you want me on your side you've got to bring it down to a more manageable level. 

Why is Ash Garak?  And, if you're so incredibly confident of that, why are you voting for Snow?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #2658 on: April 03, 2019, 12:27:40 pm »

Vote Count 5.2

Dax looks over her new “senior staff”- Chief O’Brien, always overworked and now looking like death warmed over. Garak, tailor and ex-spy, untrustworthy even at the best of times. Morn and Kasidy Yates, two freighter captains, still angry about their ships being grounded and their spoiled cargo. And Kai Winn, spiritual leader of Bajor and frequent thorn in everyone’s side.

We’re Starfleet officers, she thinks. We make do with what we have. She’d been in worse situations. Well Curzon had. And Torias, but, to be fair, one of those situations had been the shuttlecraft accident that had killed him.

Best not to dwell on such things.

UmbrageOfSnow (1): MiX
MiX (1): ashersky
Not voting (4): UmbrageofSnow, WestCoastDidds, SpaceAnemone, raerae

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch most players. Day 5 will end  at 9 pm ET time (13:00 GMT) on Saturday, April 6th
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 02:34:15 pm by jotheonah »

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: April 03, 2019, 12:34:08 pm »

I'm going to try one more time.  Remember, I've said that I'm both a moron and the dumb kid, I'm not sure how much more I explain how I don't understand what is happening but you're really, really going to have to slow down and use little words.  EFHW dies so, yes, Garak is scum, I get that.  But WHY is Ash Garak?  I know you have a case but this is me saying it didn't register with me so if you want me on your side you've got to bring it down to a more manageable level. 

Why is Ash Garak?  And, if you're so incredibly confident of that, why are you voting for Snow?

Space and I have claimed to not be Garak. Didds and Snow have claimed to be Dax and O'Brien. Your weird case says that you're not Garak. Thus Ash's Garak. The very same reason why you're not Garak tells me you cannot be a scumpartner with Ash (otherwise you would've known that it wasn't a one shot), which means that's not a possible scumteam. Thus, if Didds is town, then Snow and Space must be scum (Maquis and SK) because there's nowhere left to hide.

However, it could be that, even if you can't be scum with ash, you could be scum with Snow. Therefore, it makes more sense to vote for Snow, because he's scum even if it's not ash!snow. Notice how the only teams that make sense for me (if Didds' town) are ash!raerae, snow!raerae and ash!snow: by eliminating ash!raerae, the only scumteams have Snow, thus snow is scum.

Do you want me to clarify more?

I just voted for snow, by the way.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #2660 on: April 03, 2019, 12:40:52 pm »

I'm a fake mod so I don't have editing powers. It will be edited when the real mod returns.

Done.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 02:34:49 pm by jotheonah »

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: April 03, 2019, 12:43:54 pm »

Okay, at least I figured out why I don't buy your case.  I don't believe negative claims.  Anybody can say they aren't somebody but that doesn't make it true and it's impossible to disprove.  It's strange to me that you trust those claims.  Ash stated he was against claiming and it's my assumption that he didn't claim "Not Garak" because that is a form of claiming.  So, from my perspective, we're in the same boat as we were when nobody had claimed, or not claimed, anything.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: April 03, 2019, 12:49:14 pm »

Okay, at least I figured out why I don't buy your case.  I don't believe negative claims.  Anybody can say they aren't somebody but that doesn't make it true and it's impossible to disprove.  It's strange to me that you trust those claims.  Ash stated he was against claiming and it's my assumption that he didn't claim "Not Garak" because that is a form of claiming.  So, from my perspective, we're in the same boat as we were when nobody had claimed, or not claimed, anything.

Do you believe either me or Space are Garak? Oh, right, you've said this already. I suppose that's fair, but from my position I don't see SK!Garak doing what he did, which means Space can't be Garak, and obviously neither can I. This is incredibly sad, because it means only I have the information that proves Snow's scum...

Actually, hold on: you withdrew your Space!MiX theory, right? Then do you believe either me or ash is Garak?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: April 03, 2019, 12:50:40 pm »

Do you believe either me or Space are Garak? Oh, right, you've said this already. I suppose that's fair, but from my position I don't see SK!Garak doing what he did, which means Space can't be Garak, and obviously neither can I. This is incredibly sad, because it means only I have the information that proves Snow's scum...

Actually, hold on: you withdrew your Space!MiX theory, right? Then do you believe either me or ash is Garak?

What, exactly, did Garak do?  I'm confused by what I've bolded above.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: April 03, 2019, 12:52:12 pm »

Let EFHW live. Sorry, my mind's way ahead of what I'm writting, for me everything I'm thinking is obvious so I omit things that are public knowledge, since my brain goes "that's known, no need to say it".

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: April 03, 2019, 12:57:00 pm »

Let EFHW live. Sorry, my mind's way ahead of what I'm writting, for me everything I'm thinking is obvious so I omit things that are public knowledge, since my brain goes "that's known, no need to say it".

I'm as exhausted from trying to decipher as you are from having to repeat yourself, I'm sure.  So, how does Garak presumably not saving EFHW mean Space can't be Garak.  Also, allllllllllllll of this is based on the assumption that Garak waited until yesterday to use (or not use) their power.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: April 03, 2019, 01:09:53 pm »

Why would SK!Garak ever, EVER, use bus drive before N4? At that point they would be worrying about SK cop, and since they know they're not going to get randomly NKd there's no need to use it. There's also no reason to not save EFHW, because that strictly helps MQ. Do you think town!Garak would've lied about not being Garak in D4? I don't believe they would, yet this is exactly what Space did. This leads to my conclusion that Space isn't Garak, because Space is either town or SK and Space being Garak doesn't make sense for either alignment. Thus, given that we know Didds/Snow/raerae aren't Garak, leads me to the conclusion that ash/MiX is Garak, obviously I'm taking the liberty to say that ash's Garak here, but no one else can deduce it...I think. Not that I really care that much.

Thus, from my perspective, ash is Garak, which means Snow is his only possible partner. Remember this only work if and only if Didds is town AND Didds is Dax, everything I'm doing is based on this. You can come to your own conclusions from your own perspective, but the latest information (you're not in a scumteam that has Garak nor you are Garak) wouldn't be new for you, so I would love to hear what others can deduce.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: April 03, 2019, 01:19:10 pm »

Why would SK!Garak ever, EVER, use bus drive before N4? At that point they would be worrying about SK cop, and since they know they're not going to get randomly NKd there's no need to use it. There's also no reason to not save EFHW, because that strictly helps MQ. Do you think town!Garak would've lied about not being Garak in D4? I don't believe they would, yet this is exactly what Space did. This leads to my conclusion that Space isn't Garak, because Space is either town or SK and Space being Garak doesn't make sense for either alignment. Thus, given that we know Didds/Snow/raerae aren't Garak, leads me to the conclusion that ash/MiX is Garak, obviously I'm taking the liberty to say that ash's Garak here, but no one else can deduce it...I think. Not that I really care that much.

Thus, from my perspective, ash is Garak, which means Snow is his only possible partner. Remember this only work if and only if Didds is town AND Didds is Dax, everything I'm doing is based on this. You can come to your own conclusions from your own perspective, but the latest information (you're not in a scumteam that has Garak nor you are Garak) wouldn't be new for you, so I would love to hear what others can deduce.

The bolded says Town Garak would not have lied, the italics says that's exactly what Space did, then you conclude that Space isn't Garak.  Do you understand how hard that is to follow?

Vote: MiX because why break my streak now.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: April 03, 2019, 01:19:48 pm »

The bolded says Town Garak would not have lied, the italics says that's exactly what Space did, then you conclude that Space isn't Garak.  Do you understand how hard that is to follow?

Vote: MiX because why break my streak now.

I got my bolding and italics wrong there but everything else stands.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: April 03, 2019, 01:24:14 pm »

I meant that Space said they weren't Garak in D4, my wording was a bit confusing in retrospect. How would I know if Space's lying, your vote doesn't even make sense. Unless it's for other reasons?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: April 03, 2019, 02:37:17 pm »

MiX, thank you for slowing down and spelling things out. I’m actually following you now, which is saying something.

I am town and I am Dax, so I’ll follow vote: Snow L-2
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: April 03, 2019, 02:52:57 pm »

MiX, thank you for slowing down and spelling things out. I’m actually following you now, which is saying something.

I am town and I am Dax, so I’ll follow vote: Snow L-2

Ah, the sweet sound of player improvement...I hope. Sure seems like it, even if my playstyle's still confusing, I feel like I learned a lot from this game.

As for your vote, I realized that my logic is only foolproof if I'm not Garak and I'm not MQ. Do you believe in both of these things? If so, why?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: April 03, 2019, 02:54:11 pm »

Vote Count 5.3

"Alright," Dax says to her "staff." "First order of business, we need to make sure there aren't anymore angry mobs running around the promenade. Kai Winn, get down there and start preaching a message of peace to the Bajoran people. Garak, try to identify the rabble rousers and arrange it so their quarters accidentally lock them in or their drinks have a little too much sedative in them or something. But no killing! Miles, make sure the forcefields in the holding cells are working. Kasidy, Morn, see if you can calm down the rest of the non-Bajoran civilians on the station. I'll have a talk with the junior Starfleet officers."

UmbrageOfSnow (2): MiX, WestCoastDidds
MiX (2): ashersky, raerae
Not voting (2): UmbrageofSnow, SpaceAnemone

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch most players. Day 5 will end at 9 pm ET time (13:00 GMT) on Saturday, April 6th
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 05:12:47 pm by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: April 03, 2019, 02:55:33 pm »

UmbrageOfSnow (1): MiX, WestCoastDidds
MiX (1): ashersky, raerae

I love our mods, despite their mistakes  :P

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: April 03, 2019, 03:00:55 pm »

As for why I keep directing questions at Ash, Space, it's interesting you're just now pointing out how that's scummy. I've had a town read on him since pretty early on, haven't been shy about sharing that, and now you're using that as a reason I'm scummy.

I'm using it just now because wanting an opinion from another player you trust in the early game is normal, but townreading a particular player now, when town!you should be worried that three out of the other five players are scum is a whole different thing.

PPE 4
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.