Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 10:37:17 pm 
Started by czzzz - Last post by Tiago

on: Today at 10:27:01 pm 
Started by czzzz - Last post by Tiago

Refuge is based on Walled Village's idea that the less you're using it, the more it comes back.

Secluded Village is an obvious name for this, and doesn't really include the Walled part, but I'd be interested to see how balanced it is regardless.

on: Today at 10:09:43 pm 
Started by czzzz - Last post by BryGuy
Card Fusions #31
Secluded Shrine & Walled Village
:)                         :)                         :)

on: Today at 09:35:14 pm 
Started by Kimbooly - Last post by Kimbooly
I'm brand new to this forum, so I'm not sure where to ask this question.  I just learned about premoves.  I get the one for setting up the cards you want to auto-play on your turn, and the ones you can select to discard in case militia shows up.  I see the option for auto-buying (though I haven't figured out how to use it correctly yet), but I don't know what the bottom one means, the card with a 7 point star on it.  Can anyone help me learn what it means, and how to use the auto-buy?  I tried looking for this subject via the search engine but nothing came up.

on: Today at 09:04:03 pm 
Started by czzzz - Last post by czzzz
This week I'm bringing back the Fury type.

Fury cards may be played in your Action, Buy, or Night phase. If played in the Action phase they do not cost an Action to play unless the card specifically states to. Instead, Fury cards have their own cost to play them, stated at the beginning of the card ("To play, ...").

Your to-play cost can be whatever you like, these are just to give you some examples.
Wildman was segura's submission, the winner of the last time I did this, a year ago (Week 66).

As Fury cards aren't attached to a particular phase, you won't want to do multi-typing involving a phase (Action, Treasure, or Night type), but feel free to use other types with it (Victory, Duration, Reaction...).

So yeah, your task is to
Design a Fury card
Here's a template for ya.
And you are welcome to include another fan mechanic as well!

Judging criteria:
  • How well does it use the flexibility offered? Is there ever a reason to play it at a different time or in a different phase?
  • How fun? Do I want to play with this card? (Also relatively simple cards are sometimes the most fun, you know?)
  • How cool, creative, unique?
  • Is it reasonably balanced?

FAQ
How do I play a Fury card?
Move it into play from your hand, then perform its to-play cost. You can't play it if you can't do its cost.
ex: If I have a Fury card with the to-play cost of discarding my hand, it shouldn't discard itself. It exits your hand, does the cost, then the rest of its effects.

on: Today at 10:35:24 am 
Started by Tiago - Last post by Tiago

czzzz's Grimoire
At first glance, this doesn't seem very powerful. When you trash Estates, you get a delayed +1 Card, and this acts like a triggered Goatherd. Non-terminal trashers are always good though (Monastery). And the Shadowing from trash is brilliant. Trashing Coppers with this gives you +1 Coffers essentially. It looks very fun and balanced.

Hidden Cave • $4 • Action - Night
Shadow a Worker or Action from play or the Supply.
Worker: Stone Cutter

Stone Cutter • $4 • Worker
Trash a Hand card to gain either: a differently named card costing up to $1 +$1 per empty supply pile more; or a card costing up to $3.
-
This costs $1 more if two Supply piles are empty.
BryGuy's Hidden Cave/Stone Cutter
Okay, so I'll ignore the Worker for now. Without that, this turns into a weaker Throne Room. Part of what makes TR a great card is that you can stack them. That's impossible with Hidden Cave. Also, there's an infinite loop for cards like this: Play Hidden Cave, Shadow a HC from the Supply, use it to replay Hidden Cave, shadowing another HC, replaying HC... With Training/Travelling Fair this gives you inifinite coins and buys. You could easily fix this by making HC pure Night, and I dislike how it's an Action - Night without that being the whole card idea like Werewolf. HC+Bridge looks fun. And Shadowing Workers from play is a great idea after they're tapped. Stone Cutter looks a bit needlessly complicated; I would remove the up to $3 option.

Winner: czzzz's Grimoire
Runner up: BryGuy's Hidden Cave/Stone Cutter
Honorable mentions: my alarm that didn't go off, that Dominion spinoff that DXV never made, and my metal doorknob that's made of wood.

on: May 11, 2024, 06:36:46 pm 
Started by Axxle - Last post by silverspawn
I'm actually so impressed right now

on: May 11, 2024, 06:28:03 pm 
Started by Axxle - Last post by silverspawn
This is how the starcraft II campaign was not meant to be played

on: May 11, 2024, 01:52:32 pm 
Started by Tiago - Last post by Tiago
Contest Closed.

Judging in ~8 hours.

on: May 11, 2024, 05:55:32 am 
Started by ChungBog - Last post by segura
This is a massive achievement and I think that there are a lot of great cards in this. Overall it is a bit too vanilla-ish for my taste.

WAYS
Way of the Wolf is the only Way I know that makes an Action strictly better than the original non-Way version.
I think that this is a dubious design choice.

ALLIES
Border Kingdom could use a clearer wording (or a simpler version) but is easily my favourite Way.

Lord of Manor and Merchant Convoy don't need the "per 1 unspent" wording; you can just write "you may spend a Coin and a Favour for".

ACTIONS
Grange and Oxen are very cool splitters.

Waresmith
is stronger and cheaper than Monument.

TREASURES
Beer and Wine are both Treaure Markets and thus too strong / cheap.

Keg is basically a TreasureDoublePeddler for $4. Sure, it is balanced by the 'first copy you play each turn is a splitter' thingy so you can most likely not mindlessly run a Keg only deck. But I nonetheless think that this needs to be nerfed or higher priced.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 16 queries.