Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 126856 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #375 on: June 20, 2015, 11:01:41 pm »

Sorry, I'm planning a stream, and have been busy with college. I don't have much to say in all honesty at the moment. Mail-mi still seems like a good lynch.

Do you have any opinions on a pacovf lynch?

Not really. Null for him so far.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 21, 2015, 12:41:22 am »

I will give some thoughts tonight.
When is this happening? What's pacovf's time zone situation?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 21, 2015, 12:58:25 am »

Ok, I am back to my computer. Let's see what has been going on.

Things that stand out to me:

The whole WW thing: when rereading, I think he is genuine. While his original comment was sort of weird, I like the answer he gave when asked to explain his thought process about skip's original post, I think it is very towny. I don't agree with his vote on Teproc though, it just feels like Teproc being Teproc. Although the case on WW seems a bit too flimsy for Teproc to be pushing it so hard, so I am a bit wary.

I don't like a single thing chairs has done this game, like, at all. Not sure if it's just crazy!chairs or scum!chairs.

UoS has been stupendous all the way until now, I am definitely not lynching him today. I am bit worried by how on-tune UoS and Teproc seem to be, though.

I still want to lynch Mail-mi:

What are your thoughts on WW in the WW-Teproc argument?

Nullish/scummy. I think Teproc comes out as more scummy, but I can definitely see WW being scum in this situation.

Can we please lynch Mail-mi?

Let's standy-out for me:

skip seems super paranoid of everything and everyone. I think that is more characteristic of newbie town than newbie scum, so towny on him.

Hydrad seems... relaxed. Food for thought.

We need more activity here. vote: pacovf, he hasn't received much scrutiny and has been doing a good job of blending in.

Ha, I see you've gotten your hand on the Markov-chain Text Generating script! Cool!

ADK is throwing suspicion everywhere, maybe looking for what sticks? That looks scummy to me, but I might be biased because I am the latest object of his attentions.

Huh, about anyone else... Joseph is the IC, Awaclus has been super-lurking, and I am not fine with that, and I haven't formed an opinion on Seprix yet.

So people I would vote for: Mail-mi, chairs, ADK, Awaclus, maybe Seprix, maaaaaaaybe Teproc.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 21, 2015, 12:59:11 am »

I will give some thoughts tonight.
When is this happening? What's pacovf's time zone situation?

I had to take care of some stuff before rereading.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 21, 2015, 01:09:37 am »

Ok I changed my mind. Even though I want to see WW lynched day 1 sometime I don't think this is the right game for it.

I havn't thought to much about mail-mi for some reason.

everyone seems to say hes scummy but I'm not sure if I just haven't been paying enough attention or not but it hasn't stuck out to me much yet.

Vote: awaclus for now. more of a placeholder vote.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 21, 2015, 03:10:21 am »

I guess I can do a mail-mi lynch, though I'm not sure how much I'm being influenced by everyone else, or how bad it is if that's what's happening.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 21, 2015, 05:58:48 am »

Vote Count 1.5

UmbrageOfSnow (1): skip wooznum
Seprix (1): Awaclus
Witherweaver (3): UmbrageOfSnow, Teproc, Joseph2302
pacovf (1): A Drowned Kernel
mail-mi (3): pacovf, Seprix, chairs
Awaclus (1): Hydrad
Teproc (2): Witherweaver, mail-mi

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends on June 28, 3 PM forum time.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 21, 2015, 07:38:59 am »

Ok I changed my mind. Even though I want to see WW lynched day 1 sometime I don't think this is the right game for it.

I havn't thought to much about mail-mi for some reason.

everyone seems to say hes scummy but I'm not sure if I just haven't been paying enough attention or not but it hasn't stuck out to me much yet.

Vote: awaclus for now. more of a placeholder vote.
I'm not seeing the mail-mi lynch reasons either, what's the actual case? Unless the case is something liek "he's playing differently to how he does as town" (which I wouldn't know), then seems like a weak case to me.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 21, 2015, 11:07:00 am »

As for right now, I like chairs' argument for teproc. vote: teproc
also, chairs doesn't even like chairs' argument for teproc.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 21, 2015, 12:31:53 pm »

also, chairs doesn't even like chairs' argument for teproc.

Doesn't mean I don't.

Sorry I've been gone, I just got an internship where I get to dress up as an alien and shoot little children with fake guns, so that's taken up a lot of my time. I'll be here later today, so ask questions and I'll get to answering them.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 21, 2015, 12:33:11 pm »

Don't like the mail-mi lynch. He's null to me, and it seems like the kind of wagon that no one will be held accountable for. "Meh, he wasn't very active, it was worth a shot". That kinf of day 1 lynch, when it doesn't work out (because obviously if it does it's still great), basically means we start the game down 2 townies with nothing but a few night actions to go on.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 21, 2015, 12:40:44 pm »

Huh? I am not voting for him because he isn't very active. Otherwise I would be voting for Awaclus.

Sorry I've been gone, I just got an internship where I get to dress up as an alien and shoot little children with fake guns, so that's taken up a lot of my time. I'll be here later today, so ask questions and I'll get to answering them.

With that sort of internship, I am surprised you are spending any amount of time on this game!

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 21, 2015, 12:46:42 pm »

Right but the case isn't much more than that, it's about him hedging and having content-light votes... in other words, you want to lynch him for what he does every game. Which, granted, it fits scum!mail-mi too, so you have a chance of hitting scum, but I tend to think mail-mi is someone you catch with interactions, otherwise you just lynch him every game since his scum meta is basically indistinguishable from his town meta.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 21, 2015, 01:27:26 pm »

ooo can I get my cutie mark in craziness?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 21, 2015, 01:33:34 pm »

Pink is my colour, stop stealing it. :(

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: June 21, 2015, 01:34:16 pm »

Pink is my colour, stop stealing it :(

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1 start!)
« Reply #391 on: June 21, 2015, 03:06:49 pm »

I buy this, actually. Teproc and mail-mi are probably either both town or both scum.

Hey ADK, so I get why if Teproc flips scum that makes Mail-mi likely scum, and why if Mail-mi flips scum that could make Teproc/WW more likely to be scum, but if Mail-mi or Teproc flip town, why does that make the other more likely town?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 21, 2015, 03:12:35 pm »

See, this is the kind of discussion that, while theoretically interesting, doesn't really get us anywhere right now.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 21, 2015, 03:20:30 pm »

See, this is the kind of discussion that, while theoretically interesting, doesn't really get us anywhere right now.

I'm rereading and it stood out to me.  And I'm not asking for theory reasons.  What discussion would you rather be having?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 21, 2015, 03:32:51 pm »

Awaclus and WW, you guys haven't weighed in on the Mail-mi wagon.  What do you think of it?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 21, 2015, 03:50:15 pm »

I guess I can do a mail-mi lynch, though I'm not sure how much I'm being influenced by everyone else, or how bad it is if that's what's happening.
I really don't like this.  Mail-mi has 3 votes, we have a week left, the case on Mail-mi is pretty thin.

Previously Skip said,
And I didn't read mail-mi's post as a defense, more of a question posed to adk to see what explanation would be given.
And he was explicitly not finding Mail-mi scummy over his RVS voting and unvoting at the time.

So being okay with the Mail-mi lynch is because of Mail-mi voting teproc (who Skip has a couple of times found scummy) based on Chair's trap, which Chairs isn't so behind anymore.  And because 3 other people are voting Mail-mi.

So maybe it's newbtown sheeping, but when it comes to questioning me or not getting on the WW wagon Skip has shown an admirable lack of sheeping.  And in his post where he lends support to the Mail-mi wagon (without voting) he lays the groundwork for the "maybe I'm just newbtown being influenced" defense.  But he doesn't question it, and he was absolutely questioning the rest of us back with
Meh im not feeling the ww wagon, though I should probably cast a real vote sooner rather than later. I'll decide today sometime.

So yeah, Vote: Skip

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 21, 2015, 04:18:11 pm »

It's a strong case. I don't like lynching new players on day 1 though. I'm not saying it's a universal rule or anything, just that I don't like it and would rather avoid it.

Also WW is scum, probably, so let's just lynch him.

I will do a reread in the somewhat near future, see if I have anything more productive to say.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #397 on: June 21, 2015, 04:25:27 pm »

Awaclus and WW, you guys haven't weighed in on the Mail-mi wagon.  What do you think of it?

Not a huge fan of it, but I could do it if there's nothing better. I think it's better than WW at least.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 21, 2015, 04:26:19 pm »

It's a strong case. I don't like lynching new players on day 1 though. I'm not saying it's a universal rule or anything, just that I don't like it and would rather avoid it.

Also WW is scum, probably, so let's just lynch him.

I will do a reread in the somewhat near future, see if I have anything more productive to say.

I am absolutely still happy lynching WW.

PPE: Awaclus, why is Mail-mi better than WW?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 21, 2015, 04:34:37 pm »

Prprprpr... let's go over Mail-mi's most relevant posts.

unvote

Hydrad seems like good old Hydrad.

This is an unvote on a RVS. The whole point of this post is "Hey guys I am active", and nothing else. You decide who is more likely to do this, scum or town.

I think I like vote: skip wooznum at the moment.

Why? He doesn't seem particularly scummy or townie to me right now.

I know this is reading between the lines, but this does not look to me like "I don't understand", but like "I am challenging your vote". He could have commented on any number of things that were happening back then, but he commented on this.

I think Teproc and WW are of the same alignment. Whether that's town or scum, I don't know.

And for what it's worth, if only one of Teproc/WW is scum, i think it would be Teproc, for the same reason as chairs.

Also, I think chairs is town and won't lynch him today.

Nullish/scummy. I think Teproc comes out as more scummy, but I can definitely see WW being scum in this situation.

Notice the evolution of mail-mi's opinion on the WW/teproc argument. He just wants both of them lynched, and as the day progresses, he moves towards Teproc as he notices that WW is going to be an easy lynch later... while letting everyone know that he still wants WW lynched, in case Teproc doesn't end up happening.

Right but the case isn't much more than that, it's about him hedging and having content-light votes... in other words, you want to lynch him for what he does every game. Which, granted, it fits scum!mail-mi too, so you have a chance of hitting scum, but I tend to think mail-mi is someone you catch with interactions, otherwise you just lynch him every game since his scum meta is basically indistinguishable from his town meta.

Right, I see what you mean, but I don't trust you enough (yet?) to just change my vote on an appeal-to-meta. Similarly, I won't be voting for WW today (unless weird things happen), so what can I do.

I notice you mention that you could see a skip or Awaclus lynch. I'm not sold on skip. I don't see why you are against a Mail-mi lynch but for an Awaclus one. It's the sort of non-accountable wagon you were complaining about for Mail-mi.

Well, you can get either that or the cutie mark in scuminess, not both. You have to choose!

Warning, this might be a trick question.

PPE: case on skip.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 20 queries.