Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M126: Game Over, Town Wins!  (Read 114102 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: M126: Everyone Take Day Five
« Reply #900 on: May 01, 2020, 01:20:31 am »

Am I still alive. I really haven't done any rereading or anything cause I thought I would just be dead.

Would people like me to reread and provide opinions or is my credibility just completely shot?

Yuma, of all people, I'm going to be the one to ask you to do a read. Read scola. Please and thank you.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 01, 2020, 01:21:13 am »

Am I still alive. I really haven't done any rereading or anything cause I thought I would just be dead.

Would people like me to reread and provide opinions or is my credibility just completely shot?

Yuma, of all people, I'm going to be the one to ask you to do a read. Read scola. Please and thank you.
You got it boss.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 01, 2020, 01:32:26 am »

Scolapasta:

Main points:

Was the L-1 vote on Joseph day 1. In my opinion that is the least scummiest spot to be after where I am at, but maybe I have a bias. :)

Opened voting Raptor Day 2. Wasn't really around, but it was a short day. Didn't go over to Joseph, but like I said, wasn't really around there.

Day 3 really pushed the Raptor vs Dylan and pushed Raptor.

Day 4 was side tracked by the no lynch roller coaster, but otherwise seemed to be legitimately trying to figure the game out

Day 5 opened on me and has only deviated from that a bit. Although I am happy no longer voting for me right now.

I would give a solid townie grade. Nothing jumped out that would make me want to go in that direction.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 01, 2020, 01:34:11 am »

Random comment: man I wish I was as ballsy and lucky as scum to have pulled off the plan you have suggested for my hypothetical scum play. That would have just been so brilliantly lucky I would think it would be in the running for scum game of the year lol. Alas, I'm not that bold...

Ok, I'm not going to sit here after midnight and do a big reread right now, but I'm going to throw out some of my thoughts and process them better tomorrow.

I like the idea of having a town block (obviously). I'm willing to go all in on Swan and WCD being in the block, and if you're scum, I'll be the first chanting MVP! MVP!

This next paragraph is based solely on gut and memory, no looking back so I could be wrong, but:

Scola worries me a little. Early in the game they seemed somewhat low activity. Enough comments here and there to show they were still following the active conversations, and nothing that really stuck out as either towny or scummy, just present.  Today especially, the activity level has picked up. Of course, it's easier to say more when there are fewer people talking, so on the one hand it's normal. On the other, they have been the single most vocal advocate of our 4 man block.  It's felt like they've repeatedly emphasized that me, Swan, WCD, and themselves are in the conf!town (or nearly so) group way more than the other people who have more specific town cred than they do.  The narrative of scola just coasting under the radar until they are presented with a clear plan that they can push through for the win to save what has otherwise been a terrible or unlucky (or terribly unlucky) game for scum worries me.  So I'm confident in the block of 3, but I would love a couple iso reads on scola from other people (both in and out of the block) to convince me one way or another before we commit to a lynch today.  So on a temporary basis until I am back online tomorrow,

unvote

ppe 2
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 01, 2020, 01:35:25 am »

Scolapasta:

Main points:

Was the L-1 vote on Joseph day 1. In my opinion that is the least scummiest spot to be after where I am at, but maybe I have a bias. :)

Opened voting Raptor Day 2. Wasn't really around, but it was a short day. Didn't go over to Joseph, but like I said, wasn't really around there.

Day 4 was side tracked by the no lynch roller coaster, but otherwise seemed to be legitimately trying to figure the game out

Day 5 opened on me and has only deviated from that a bit. Although I am happy no longer voting for me right now.

I would give a solid townie grade. Nothing jumped out that would make me want to go in that direction.

Darn it yuma, stop giving me towny vibes...  :P

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 01, 2020, 02:41:51 am »

Everyone knows I suck at probability, and basically don't believe in math.  (And definitely not maths, which is ridiculous.)

Ash, what do you do? Are you a word person?

I don't talk about my IRL work online, but I did graduate with a degree in Creative Writing.  Essentials of Calculus was the only college level math course I took, and only because I had to have a math credit to graduate and it was literally the lowest level course offered.  My science credits were Intro to Bio and Astronomy 101.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 01, 2020, 08:01:41 am »

Scolapasta:

Main points:

Darn it yuma, stop giving me towny vibes...  :P

Right?

Also, Scola has only recently joined our merry band. I kind of feel like his increased interaction is correlated to knowing us and the forum better
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 01, 2020, 08:06:35 am »

Everyone knows I suck at probability, and basically don't believe in math.  (And definitely not maths, which is ridiculous.)

Ash, what do you do? Are you a word person?

I don't talk about my IRL work online, but I did graduate with a degree in Creative Writing.  Essentials of Calculus was the only college level math course I took, and only because I had to have a math credit to graduate and it was literally the lowest level course offered.  My science credits were Intro to Bio and Astronomy 101.

That is amazing! Creative writing is legit difficult I’m a way that science never can be, and explains why the games you create are multifaceted and rich. I also think it’s particularly delightful that you can remember what courses you took in college. All of that is mostly a hazy memory with lots of snow for me. Pretty sure there was calculus, and finite math, and chemistry....and then I decided not to be an engineer and more wisely hung out in the humanities from then on.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 01, 2020, 08:10:35 am »

The three most likely for me are still MiX, Ash, and Yuma (in that order).

I’ll be here most of today. Timing wise, having the night on the weekend works well for me....so pitter patter!

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 01, 2020, 08:47:03 am »

Scola worries me a little. Early in the game they seemed somewhat low activity. Enough comments here and there to show they were still following the active conversations, and nothing that really stuck out as either towny or scummy, just present.  Today especially, the activity level has picked up. Of course, it's easier to say more when there are fewer people talking, so on the one hand it's normal. On the other, they have been the single most vocal advocate of our 4 man block.  It's felt like they've repeatedly emphasized that me, Swan, WCD, and themselves are in the conf!town (or nearly so) group way more than the other people who have more specific town cred than they do.  The narrative of scola just coasting under the radar until they are presented with a clear plan that they can push through for the win to save what has otherwise been a terrible or unlucky (or terribly unlucky) game for scum worries me.  So I'm confident in the block of 3, but I would love a couple iso reads on scola from other people (both in and out of the block) to convince me one way or another before we commit to a lynch today.  So on a temporary basis until I am back online tomorrow,

unvote

ppe 2

Interesting, Didds is worrying me more about the whole townblock idea, not scola.

I'll ISO Swan as ash said.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 01, 2020, 08:49:40 am »

No, he didn't townslip, phew.  Just misremembering my own invention there.  Mind saved from being blown.

I am physically incapable of townslipping as scum, but what were you thinking of? Interested.

If you want to, answer in post-game, but I also want to read you this game.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 01, 2020, 10:19:25 am »

Started my scola re-read.  Did D1.

Not much there of substance from scola.  They state some incorrect and/or iffy setup stuff after shraeye's cop claim, showing a grand misunderstanding of how the setup works, that they didn't read the setup, or I guess something more sinister (but not really).

Didn't have many reads.  Voted for WCD at some point, did vote Joseph for L-1.  I guess that could have been a setup with raptor (who failed to hammer), but it would have needed to be pre-planned in a general way (we both make sure we're on near deadline, if we can get away with L-1 but no hammer let's do it), but that's 1) unlikely for that particular trio (no offense) and a bad plan (also, no offense).

MiX had an early scum read there, and voted.

That's basically it.  Enough to auto-lynch on D2, really, given lack of helpfulness and lack of reads given.  On D5, though?  More days to read through.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 01, 2020, 10:21:46 am »

Day 2 was so short, just read that.

Voted raptor early for not hammered.  Wrote probably their longest post to date in the game mostly defending raptor (called the non-hammer a bad scum move).  Missed voting for Joseph.  The end.

More scum points than town points from D2, albeit in a short time frame.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 01, 2020, 10:26:06 am »

D3:

Voted raptor, basically stayed there, although again made one argument for Dylan over raptor.  They quickly switched course when that looked bad (I think) and came up with fairly solid reasons for raptor first in the 1v1.  I'd say those reasons evened out the one scummy post defending raptor.

Then there is a scummy lob right at the end of the day before the flip, calling out WCD.  The content isn't scummy so much as the odd way it is tossed out in a non sequitur way.  I call it "planting the seed of suspicion" and it is a scum tactic.  Town can do it, too, on purpose or not, but it is a legit tactic.

That's my takeaway from D3.

(I will note that my ISO style is read all/only posts by the ISO person first, then re-read all/only posts that mention the ISO person.  I'm on the first part, obviously.)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 01, 2020, 10:27:16 am »

It's late, so I'm stopping, but I did read the first post or so of D4 and...

Scola goes from not knowing the setup at all on D1 to needing help understanding the setup on D3 to explaining the setup on D4.

So...fast learner?  Great teachers?  Faking it in the beginning?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: May 01, 2020, 10:29:13 am »

It's late, so I'm stopping, but I did read the first post or so of D4 and...

Scola goes from not knowing the setup at all on D1 to needing help understanding the setup on D3 to explaining the setup on D4.

So...fast learner?  Great teachers?  Faking it in the beginning?

I'd say fast learner from what I've seen of him.

I like the analysis in general. I'll try to speed up my Swan.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 01, 2020, 11:52:45 am »

Huh - it's fun reading this analysis. Is it worth explaining different things? I can and will, if y'all want me to.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 01, 2020, 12:02:03 pm »

Huh - it's fun reading this analysis. Is it worth explaining different things? I can and will, if y'all want me to.

Yes, all the feedback on ash's analysis of you is good.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 01, 2020, 12:40:58 pm »

OK, sure. Will come later today / tonight, depending on work, Dominion league games, dinner, and virtual Boggle. (SO MANY GAMES!)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 01, 2020, 02:49:47 pm »

joth, were you told who gave you the item? or do you just know it was skip because he said he had it?

Also, a lot of things happened late day, but I find it suspicious that there would be two of the exact same role on the same faction. i.e. I'm still on board with lynching either skip or mail-mi.

I mean, both needing rope sure, but it would be much cooler if they needed it for different reasons.

Lean Skip, as Mail-mi claimed first, and skip just said me too.

I mean, there could be two sailors? But like I said, feels suspicious.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 01, 2020, 02:50:18 pm »

joth, were you told who gave you the item? or do you just know it was skip because he said he had it?

Also, a lot of things happened late day, but I find it suspicious that there would be two of the exact same role on the same faction. i.e. I'm still on board with lynching either skip or mail-mi.

I mean, both needing rope sure, but it would be much cooler if they needed it for different reasons.

Wrong game

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 01, 2020, 02:50:35 pm »

I'm surprised this hasn't happened to me yet.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 01, 2020, 02:51:10 pm »

So many games, indeed!!!

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 01, 2020, 02:57:29 pm »

WHOOPS! Sorry, all.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 01, 2020, 03:29:42 pm »

No, he didn't townslip, phew.  Just misremembering my own invention there.  Mind saved from being blown.

I am physically incapable of townslipping as scum, but what were you thinking of? Interested.

If you want to, answer in post-game, but I also want to read you this game.

Ok, I'm not so dense as to miss the fact this is in reply to Ash, who's assumption is that MiX is scum and that this is probably just a tongue in cheek comment referring to that fact, but uh...
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.