Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17  All

Author Topic: NewMafia III: Exploring the New Mansion (Day 2 ongoing)  (Read 44035 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: NewMafia III: Exploring the New Mansion (Day 1 has begun!)
« Reply #375 on: April 01, 2013, 09:52:12 pm »

The guy calls me "jerk", "scum", makes fun of me as "a scum hunter"...and when I quote him word for word he goes off with the long list....
I did not notice this at all. Perhaps I missed it.  There's a thin line between making the totally valid argument that "somebody is not truly scumhunting and only putting up a front" and somebody reading it as "you suck at scumhunting".  I did not get the vibe that yuma was saying the latter.

But as long as you want to ignore all that....you're going to ignore critical MC-Yuma interactions as well.  Yuma is not town. 
This is totally possible that yuma isn't town.  I won't ignore that possibility, and I won't ignore his interactions with mcmcsalot.  But I will ignore his back and forth with you.  I think sorting through that has almost no potential to help form reads on either of you, and that it has the strong possibility of pulling this game back to a dark, unnecessary place.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #376 on: April 01, 2013, 10:20:41 pm »

Here's some of Yuma's exact words on me:

"I then respond and say that your reason was crappy. It was."

"This is really quite hilarious. You seem to think you are scum hunter extraordinaire"

, "whatever man, I'll keep responding to your crap because it isn't just you that decides."

But whatever, I think Yuma has done a brilliant job deflecting from the real case I built against him and now no one will consider it because he buried it in pages of rants.  Ok. I shouldn't have let him do that.  It's clearly my fault for playing along.
You can ignore MC's deathbed plea for Yuma's innocence, but don't let that distract from the real effort he makes to cover for Yuma (in the middle of the block quote).  I don't think Y can refute that, so the answer seems to be throw up everything possible to distract.   
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 01, 2013, 10:22:37 pm »

i am biased because i am yuma's brother and i can acknowledge that bias and i stand on his side of this debate

it probably helps that i also knw him in real life and he is a pretty good guy that tries really hard to treat people fair and kindly. he even gets upset at himself when he gets mad at someone in traffic and it will eat at him all day i guess you could say he is a bit on the sensitive side

i will also say that in all of this yuma is the only one that has apologized, maybe spiribears feels that he shouldnt have to apologize but obviously both sides are at fault to a degree

sorry if i shouldnt be saying that sort of stuff bro

but from an outsiders, but biased like i said, perspective, i feel that spirbears has been egging him on excessively. and he does have it in for yuma. he wants him dead and out of the game regardless of whether yuma is mafia or not. this isnt the right way to play i think

in terms of actual game play eevee just said that the best player to vote for would be between me and xeiron. that could be true and after my reread last night i felt most strongly toward lynching xeiron. yuma i guess is a possibility but i think xeiron is more of one

am i at a point where i can vote?

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 01, 2013, 10:23:17 pm »

Here's some of Yuma's exact words on me:

"I then respond and say that your reason was crappy. It was."

"This is really quite hilarious. You seem to think you are scum hunter extraordinaire"

, "whatever man, I'll keep responding to your crap because it isn't just you that decides."

But whatever, I think Yuma has done a brilliant job deflecting from the real case I built against him and now no one will consider it because he buried it in pages of rants.  Ok. I shouldn't have let him do that.  It's clearly my fault for playing along.
You can ignore MC's deathbed plea for Yuma's innocence, but don't let that distract from the real effort he makes to cover for Yuma (in the middle of the block quote).  I don't think Y can refute that, so the answer seems to be throw up everything possible to distract.

just drop it already, yuma apologized and moved on. maybe you should as well

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 01, 2013, 11:03:57 pm »

Voting is fine. 5 to lynch and one mafia left. Just no lynching before a claim!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 02, 2013, 12:44:28 am »

xeiron found me slightly scummy for hammering mcmcs.  I think that makes him scummy, hence my voting for him.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 02, 2013, 01:05:06 am »

I have nothing to add to what mail-mi said. I will answer everyone who has messaged me tomorrow, though.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 02, 2013, 04:01:58 am »

xeiron found me slightly scummy for hammering mcmcs.  I think that makes him scummy, hence my voting for him.

I do not find you slightly scummy. I say that hammering mcmc does not clear you in the same way that leading the wagon clears Shraeye.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 02, 2013, 06:12:55 am »

I do not find you slightly scummy. I say that hammering mcmc does not clear you in the same way that leading the wagon clears Shraeye.
Do you extend the same town credit to me too then?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 02, 2013, 09:11:44 am »

Do you extend the same town credit to me too then?

Yes

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 02, 2013, 10:12:06 am »

Yes. I think your bias is a problem A-bird--whether perceived or real.  In this case you claim Yuma "apologized and moved on" while I didn't.  Not true. I agreed to let it drop and apologized for getting under his skin.  (The Only thing I'm at all guilty of). Yuma on the other hand, offered up apology full of qualifications and repeating the same disses of me.  That's not really an apology. ...Especially when he immediately went right back to bullying me ("I'm just calling out bad play") and although I know everyone ignored his "long list",  it contained the same lies, half-truths and intimidation and bullying that I had objected to all along.  When i cut and pasted his exact words. Everyone just makes excuses for him.  Worse yet, he purposefully broke the lock to get in another shot at me.  Since he's a vet, That should be grounds for a serious mod action, but at this point I'm inclined to believe the mods are goin to cover for their friend at this nube's expense. 

A-birds, i know he's your brother and you should stick up for him. Thats a good quality that I respect about you immediately.  And  I am grateful you were willing to take Avalanch's place.
but, I think the mods messed up.  When there was already this kind animosity (and I don't know  how you all can keep ignoring Yuma's bullying of me including name calling) it was really wrong to basically give Yuma an extra voice in this game. 

Additionally Yuma had already made it clear we shouldn't question the no-kill when you entered, and ignore some of the best evidence we have. That's a serious mistake in my eyes and his motivation should be questioned for this.
I can't see that you would have been a threat to the mafia--you hadn't posted anything---but the game was held for you (Avalanch really) when it could have just continued uninterrupted. Really a mod kill would have been the right thing to do.  So to me that says either you are mafia and joined to late to make an effective kill (it were blocked), or two, you were protected by someone. If that's the case tell us all who!

So I will try one more time:  if you stop the bullying, name-calling and intimidation Yuma, I will be happy to let this all drop (not my vote of course---although I think we can make a case for A birds and should explore it).  But if you go right back to doing the same things I have objected to this entire game I will not forgive and forget. For my part, I am sincerely sorry it has gotten this far I don't know you and I don't dislike you and I accept Shyrae's statement that you are a good person IRL completely.  As far as I'm concerned this is all part of the game. I apologize for anything I did to upset you fully and without qualification. 
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 02, 2013, 10:25:46 am »

There has been no mod-bias. The thread lock was done by a non-mod, in the middle of the day, and so was easy to miss. I do not believe that Yuma or Shraeye intentionally broke a thread lock. I believe that modkills only occur when a player either A) breaks a rule that alters the game in a major way (e.g., quoting a role PM.) or B) when a player disappears from the game and a replacement cannot be found. The only thing that came close to either of these is your night-talk spiritbears, which potentially could cause a player to change their night action. But anyway, drop this and go find that mafia!

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 02, 2013, 10:36:10 am »

There has been no mod-bias. The thread lock was done by a non-mod, in the middle of the day, and so was easy to miss. I do not believe that Yuma or Shraeye intentionally broke a thread lock. I believe that modkills only occur when a player either A) breaks a rule that alters the game in a major way (e.g., quoting a role PM.) or B) when a player disappears from the game and a replacement cannot be found. The only thing that came close to either of these is your night-talk spiritbears, which potentially could cause a player to change their night action. But anyway, drop this and go find that mafia!
That's not true as to Yuma.  We were in the middle of a convo and about to post at the same time when a red-warning came up.  No way Yuma missed it.  But evidently if his was a non- mod, what gives them the right to lock? And is that why everyone just ignored it?  If it was a non-mod, that's unfair and shouldn't be permitted.
As to non-bias.  This post of yours, claiming my thread break was kill able but Yuma's not---is pretty strong evidence of bias. You threaten me with modkill when I don't even know how a threadlock worked, but it's all good for Yuma (who had no reason not to know)???  That screams of bias.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 02, 2013, 10:41:55 am »

Fuck this. I'm out. To the mods I am sorry and to the other players I am sorry I have tried to get along and play nice but it isn't going to happen. I am done. vote: Yuma or whatever just to get me out if this shitty situation. I am also outing of any game spiritbears is in. I will not play with him again.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 02, 2013, 10:44:49 am »

Fuck this. I'm out. To the mods I am sorry and to the other players I am sorry I have tried to get along and play nice but it isn't going to happen. I am done. vote: Yuma or whatever just to get me out if this shitty situation. I am also outing of any game spiritbears is in. I will not play with him again.
Thanks for welcoming me and showing me how these games are played.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 02, 2013, 10:56:10 am »

THREAD LOCKED.

I will be messaging yuma and spiritbears.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

sudgy is replacing yuma.

We are seeking a replacement for angrybirds. Please PM if interested.

All votes are reset, and this day is restarting. Please revote for anyone if you wish it to count.

The new lynch deadline is April 14.

I am trepidatiously declaring this thread unlocked. Please do not make me regret this decision. Play nice people.

Thread unlocked.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 03:42:22 pm by Jorbles »

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile

i am still in but i am not happy.

BoxOfDOG

• Coppersmith
  • "I refuse, officer, to get out of the box."
    • View Profile

That was.. Eventful.

I had the pleasure of reading through the posts while waiting for an unlock, and I can't say I'm very happy that such a thing happened.. I am happy though, that things have cleared up on people that needed to be considered cleared; Wero, Me, Spirit

That leaves Shrae, Xeiron, Sudgy, and A-Bird
I don't have a read on any of you, so I suppose we will have to wait and see.

NMIII: VT (IDK) NMIV: VT (L) RMM9: Nathan Drake (D) RMM11: Pied Piper (Lightning Rod) (W)

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile

Why would you suspect Shyrae Box?  He was the first one to finger MCMc. I think we have to start with those who were off train:  sudgy, abird and X.  One of then should get lynched tonight IMO. My suspicions about Abird have to do with the no-kill last night.  But I don't have much to go on beyond that.  Sudgy is taking over where my vote was...I need a good reason to move to x or Abirds. 

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: NewMafia III: Exploring the New Mansion (Day 2 ongoing)
« Reply #395 on: April 02, 2013, 03:53:35 pm »

My suspicions about Abird have to do with the no-kill last night.  But I don't have much to go on beyond that. 
I disagree that no-kill makes Avanalchian (now angrybirds) suspicious.  It is highly possible that a town PR in some way prevented the kill, and it's also possible that mafia intentionally didn't submit a kill, though I don't think this is what happened.

I'm working on putting together a coherent set of thoughts, but my head is normally quite cluttered.

I'd like to see answers to the questions that I posted during the thread lock.  I suppose it's difficult for sudgy to tell me that yuma was thinking, but I hope he responds in some way nonetheless.  But Xeiron should answer me as soon as he can.

Additionally, I'd like to ask BoxofDog what exactly he means by this:
I am happy though, that things have cleared up on people that needed to be considered cleared; Wero, Me, Spirit
Does this mean your opinion of those people was not completely formed, but now it is?  I just don't see the connection between Werothegreat, Spiritbears and yourself.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
    • View Profile

That was.. Eventful.

I had the pleasure of reading through the posts while waiting for an unlock, and I can't say I'm very happy that such a thing happened.. I am happy though, that things have cleared up on people that needed to be considered cleared; Wero, Me, Spirit

That leaves Shrae, Xeiron, Sudgy, and A-Bird
I don't have a read on any of you, so I suppose we will have to wait and see.

BoxOfDog - might I, as an aside, encourage you to post in the forums proper?  It's so weird seeing someone post with "0 posts".
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 02, 2013, 04:06:47 pm »

vote: xeiron

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 02, 2013, 04:07:47 pm »

vote: xeiron
I may have missed your explanation, can you give me the reason for your vote?

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 02, 2013, 04:10:04 pm »

in terms of actual game play eevee just said that the best player to vote for would be between me and xeiron. that could be true and after my reread last night i felt most strongly toward lynching xeiron. yuma i guess is a possibility but i think xeiron is more of one

am i at a point where i can vote?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 17 queries.