Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Silk road - Crossroads - Duchess  (Read 1105 times)

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
Silk road - Crossroads - Duchess
« on: September 30, 2012, 08:29:20 am »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201209/30/game-20120930-052224-a12fcbc9.html

An interesting game. I completely ignored witch (but bought some watchtowers), and tried a weird strategy with duchy-duchess and silk road.
I lost by 10 points, but do you think my strategy could work otherwise ? I think I made some mistakes (discarding copper with duchess, took silk road too late), and it could work better with +buy, but even, is this strategy viable ?

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: Silk road - Crossroads - Duchess
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 08:46:40 am »

I suspect that if your opponent had bought a second witch instead of a mandarin then you would have been well beaten. The witch player is not losing much economy while using the witches and will still be able to pursue any vp strategy they like, just as effectively as you are with watchtowers.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 03:19:25 pm »
+1

I salute you for the idea--it's the sort of thing I will always attempt, no matter how inadequate the support--but despite some heavy Moat and Watchtower defense from Witches, I still think the Silk Road plan is in trouble. Other than Duchess/Duke and Crossroads, you don't have anything to really aid a Silk Road plan. There's no extra buys to get free Copper, no gainers. And those Curses actually do really get in the way of Crossroads.

But... I don't know, if you had gotten a more favorable Silk Road split, then maybe. But if you go for SR too quickly, you don't get your Duchy/Duchess thing going. Interesting, though.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

KingsSkort

• Thief
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 09:25:59 pm »

I feel like buying a witch with your first $5 is much better.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 20 queries.