Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44  All

Author Topic: RMM4: PokeAwesome (TRAITORS WIN!)  (Read 92489 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: RMM4: PokeAwesome (Day 2!!!!; PM Mods for Spec QT!!)
« Reply #525 on: December 29, 2012, 05:31:44 pm »

I'm starting to think this restriction is faked, and a cheap attempt to evolve.
And I don't think we can spare the Winvoting. As soon as we stop winvoting jo, he'll be killed (as long as he isn't scum).

I will NOT support continuously Winvoting Joth. If he's scum, that end-games town. The best bet is to get him up to what he claims is Alignment Investigation, and then set him free. If he's scum, he won't be NK'd, and that solves our problem. If he's NOT scum, then scum will have to choose between NK'ing him (in which case any results he posts before then are confirmed true), OR trying to frame him by NOT killing him - but this risks Joth investigating them.
Oh yeah, I guess he needs only one more stage before he can start investigating. Alright, fair enough.

But what if he finds scum N1?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 29, 2012, 05:35:43 pm »

And I don't think we can spare the Winvoting. As soon as we stop winvoting jo, he'll be killed (as long as he isn't scum).

I will NOT support continuously Winvoting Joth. If he's scum, that end-games town. The best bet is to get him up to what he claims is Alignment Investigation, and then set him free. If he's scum, he won't be NK'd, and that solves our problem. If he's NOT scum, then scum will have to choose between NK'ing him (in which case any results he posts before then are confirmed true), OR trying to frame him by NOT killing him - but this risks Joth investigating them.
Oh yeah, I guess he needs only one more stage before he can start investigating. Alright, fair enough.

Then it may be worth considering Winvoting him some more. He COULD be bussing for major Town Cred - but it's less likely with one "Mafia" (whatever they're called this game) dead already.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 29, 2012, 05:38:26 pm »

What makes you think he'll be so effective at finding scum?

What if he finds something like this (this is totally made up BTW):

Growl: The target cannot take any actions during the night
Cute Charm: In addition to not taking any actions, your target has a 50% chance of being unable to take actions the next turn

Obviously it's a roleblocker, but it could very easily be a scum or town role. My role looks pretty town, but it would be very plausible as a scum role, and pretty much all roles are (yes, even doctors can be scum roles). Honestly, I don't think killing Joth will be a priority for scum.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 29, 2012, 05:42:45 pm »

Then it may be worth considering Winvoting him some more. He COULD be bussing for major Town Cred - but it's less likely with one "Mafia" (whatever they're called this game) dead already.
I think it would still be good to get another Traitor (I think that's what they're called) eliminated. We could always keep the possibility of bussing in the back of our minds.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 29, 2012, 05:43:42 pm »

Cute Charm: In addition to not taking any actions, your target has a 50% chance of being unable to take actions the next turn

Obviously it's a roleblocker, but it could very easily be a scum or town role. My role looks pretty town, but it would be very plausible as a scum role, and pretty much all roles are (yes, even doctors can be scum roles). Honestly, I don't think killing Joth will be a priority for scum.
His evolution is an Alignment Cop, not a Role Cop. He's right now a Role Cop (correct me if I'm wrong).

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM4: PokeAwesome (Day 2; PM Mods for Spec QT!!)
« Reply #530 on: December 29, 2012, 05:47:36 pm »

The Jimmmmm wagon, analyzed by Jotheonah:

ash suggests lynching Jimmmmm to eliminate his power, which is a potential wrench in FTC. ashersky was apparently already voting for Jimmmm, not sure why

cayvie votes Jimmmmm for that reason

Archetype votes Jimmmmm for that reason

Galz makes a long post starting with that reason, but also pointing out that Jimmmmm had made very few contributions and detailing how his power use was scummy.

Jorbles posts in Z-speak a post that ends with losevoting Robz, but maybe was supposed to be a Jimmmm vote?

I vote Jimmmmm, sheeping Galz.

Jimmmm shows up and defends himself

Archetype unvotes, swayed by Jimmmm's defense

Dsell votes for Jimmmmm, sheeping Galz

Archetype revotes, because "Gladiator seems more like a scum role anyway" (despite a recent prolonged discussion about scummy roles possibly not being a scum tell this game)

ash votes Jimmmmmm (again?) because he thinks it will enable a foolproof FTC

That's the hammer. It looks like Robz voted Jimmmmm sometime before, maybe for lurking. He was on before it all started anyway.

TBH, the scummiest people on that wagon, to my eye, are Dsell, myself, and ARchetype, with an honorable mention to cayvie, who was apparently ok with lynching someone she admittedly didn't think was scum. Archetype's jumpy on-off-again is either jumpy town or scum hedging. Dsell and I both sheeped Galz in the safe middle of the wagon without contributing much of our own. Of course, everyone should look back at Galz's case itself and decide for themselves if they think it's sincere. He was definitely the one who made the lynch take off.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 29, 2012, 05:48:39 pm »

His evolution is an Alignment Cop, not a Role Cop. He's right now a Role Cop (correct me if I'm wrong).

that's correct. I'll become a real cop if I evolve.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 29, 2012, 05:52:47 pm »

Ah right. For some reason I thought he learnt the move effects, not role cop.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 29, 2012, 06:05:50 pm »

Ah right. For some reason I thought he learnt the move effects, not role cop.

That's my concern if he's scum. If he's town as he claims, he becomes an Alignment Cop.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 29, 2012, 06:22:36 pm »

Ok, I layed out the Jimmmmm wagon nice and pretty. What conclusions do people draw from it?

I'm sort of leaning toward it being mostly a town wagon on town.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 29, 2012, 06:33:06 pm »

Can we get a postcount? Does anybody remember Robz D1 coming in and voting Jimmm for what appeared to be LALL, but he never explained the vote? At the time, Robz took some heat over it, because he was lurking himself. Jimm went on to be lynched. What's Robz post count this game, and this DAY?

((Not derailing you Joth, I do think that looking at that wagon is important. It's just that reading what you wrote there reminded me that Robz IS in this game... and yet I honestly could not have told you so.))

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 29, 2012, 06:42:22 pm »

No, you're right Galz. We almost lynched Robz yesterday.

But there is an awful lot of WIFOM about would scum!Robz be so bold as to lurk this hard?

I think he probably would, honeslty.

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 29, 2012, 06:44:39 pm »

No, you're right Galz. We almost lynched Robz yesterday.

But there is an awful lot of WIFOM about would scum!Robz be so bold as to lurk this hard?

I think he probably would, honeslty.

Here's a different question: Why would Town!Robz play this way? It's not like he hasn't been active in his other games... M-XVI and Arcana-II both. It's just.... yeah.

Mafia Record:

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 29, 2012, 07:05:27 pm »

Zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz
zzz zzz
zzz zzz

zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz
zzz zzz
zzz zzz zzz

zzz

Winvote: jotheonah

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 29, 2012, 08:11:12 pm »

Can we get a postcount? Does anybody remember Robz D1 coming in and voting Jimmm for what appeared to be LALL, but he never explained the vote? At the time, Robz took some heat over it, because he was lurking himself. Jimm went on to be lynched. What's Robz post count this game, and this DAY?

((Not derailing you Joth, I do think that looking at that wagon is important. It's just that reading what you wrote there reminded me that Robz IS in this game... and yet I honestly could not have told you so.))
I'd be ok with a Robz lynch, purely because of his lurking. But I always think he's scum, so I don't know if he would be the right lynch for today.

I think I'd be more comfortable with a cayvie lynch though. She's been giving me a slightly bad vibe this game, and I haven't seen her post much today.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: December 29, 2012, 08:17:38 pm »

Vote Count 2.4
LoseVote
cayvie (2): Jorbles, Tables
Dsell (1): cayvie

Not voting (7): Archetype, Axxle, Dsell, Galzria, Insomniac, jotheonah, Robz888

WinVote
{L-1} jotheonah (5): Dsell, jotheonah, cayvie, Galzria, Jorbles

Not voting (5): Archetype, Axxle, Insomniac, Robz888, Tables

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lock a count.

Lynch deadline: Tuesday, January 8th, 7:00pm forum time

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 29, 2012, 08:22:35 pm »

Oh. cayvie already has 2 votes.

We're holding off on Winvoting jo, right?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 29, 2012, 08:33:07 pm »

Can someone on the cayvie wagon cobble together a better case than "bad vibe"? There must be something there if she has two votes on her, but I can't quite think what it would be.

I mean, there was that whole "I want to lynch Jimmmmm even though I don't have a strong sense he's scum" thing.

He/him

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 29, 2012, 09:34:36 pm »

The game's fairly small, so I'm starting to re-read cayvie now (using 'Print' and Ctrl + F).

~Day 1~

She asks a few setup questions NULL

The Jorbles having/faking a post restriction comes up, and there's an exchange between scum!Eevee and her:

Cayvie: "ok ok what's going on now "

next post is Eevee saying, "loservote: cayvie just a gut feeling, reminds me of myself as scum in III. why are you so lost cayvie? "

Cayvie: "i lost internet access, just got it back!"

Cayvie says: "man, eevee, zingin me all over the place this game

loser-vote YOU " Even though Eevee has only 'zinged' her once

Eevee:
"Posting just to say 'what' when nothing confusing has happened is just.. untownlike?"

Cayvie:
"yeah, you're full of it.

losevote: eevee"

They bicker and disagree a bit more, but the above stuck out a bit more than the rest. TOWNISH (or extremely clever bussing)

Cayvie wants to losevote Captain_Frisk because he wants to switch out anyway. NULL

When ashersky replaces in, cayvie unvotes saying "unlosevote don't want Ashersky to think i'm scummy!" SCUMMY

Losevotes Robz NULL

cayvie losevotes Jimmmmm (at the time, NULL, now SCUMMY[but I did it too, so I can't really judge])

~Day 2~

Questions my/asher's Cop claiming plan (SCUMMY in my eyes, probably NULL in everyone else's)

Says that Tables is going to be "come out gunning for me whatever i say" after she disagrees with him NULL

Losevotes  Dsell NULL

Winvotes jotheonah TOWN

Says she likes kittens, didn't target Galzria last night, and that her move names match their effect fairly well TOWN

That's it.

I have no idea why I became suspicious of cayvie. I mean she hasn't posted that much, but still more than Axxle and Insomniac. I think cayvie is Town, or that thing with Eevee was a very complicated bus. I don't think this is likely, as neither of them are the bussing type.

So right now I think the most suspicious are Robz and Dsell. More so Robz than Dsell.

For:

A: The wagon on him that suddenly disappeared Day 1

B: Some buddying between him and Eevee (something I noticed as I read back)

C: Extreme Lurking

I'm actually going to Losevote: Robz until he stops gets in here and stops lurking.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 29, 2012, 10:05:59 pm »

Forgot to bold the 'Robz' in 'Losevote: Robz' so...

Losevote: Robz

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 30, 2012, 12:00:44 am »

Actually, UnLosevote.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: RMM4: PokeAwesome (Day 2; PM Mods for Spec QT!!)
« Reply #546 on: December 30, 2012, 12:45:48 am »

Dsell and I both sheeped Galz in the safe middle of the wagon without contributing much of our own. Of course, everyone should look back at Galz's case itself and decide for themselves if they think it's sincere. He was definitely the one who made the lynch take off.

I haven't looked back but I feel like I had more to contribute to the lynch than just sheeping Galz...I think I was advocating a Jimmmmm or Robz lynch most of the day.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 30, 2012, 01:55:54 am »

Sorry, somewhat vla all week.

I'll save a copy of the print page and go through it during my flight tomorrow.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 30, 2012, 09:33:05 am »

At first, the thing I found suspicious about Cayvie was his interactions with Eevee, but now, I'm much more concerned about how he responded to my accusations. He was unable to offer a single defence, he twisted my words at least once and got extremely defensive when I pointed it out, yet did exactly the same thing to DSell AND lose voted him on post 445. All of that just reeks of annoyed scum play. It's much easier for me to imagine scum making those blunders than town, because of the knowledge of whose town and not (and thus knowledge of who they want killed or not).

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 30, 2012, 09:42:56 am »

What jumps out at me was that day 1, cayvie suggests lunching frisk rather than replacing him, then he suggests lynching Jimmmmm soley for having an inconvenient power. Cayvie seems much more to be hunting an agreeable lynch than hunting scum. I will Vote: Cayvie

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.