Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29  All

Author Topic: Vanilla Resistance.  (Read 59585 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla Resistance.
« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2013, 08:29:30 pm »

Well, I don't think they're both spies, though. In fact it's pretty close to impossible?

If Jim's a spy, no wayyy he puts spy munch on this mission. They need to fail it probably, and putting two spies on a mission you must fail always ends in disaster.

Jim could be resistance putting spy munch on the mission blindly, which would make sense.

I really don't think there's 2 spies on this mission...almost certainly 1 but probably not 2.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2013, 08:31:08 pm »

I agree with this statement. So actually, we should be saying:

there's at least one spy in: TA, arch, and mail-mi, possibly two.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2013, 08:32:07 pm »

Replace my name with yours, but yes. I'm willing to bet it's probably 1/1 rather than 2/0 though.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2013, 08:36:14 pm »

I'm not, but I still voted against this proposal. I think it is more likely 1/1 than 2/0. Also, don't replace your name with mine. The whole idea was who's on Jimmmmm's proposal/off Jimmmm's proposal. Because Jimmmmmmm chose munch they are very likely not both spy. Since I chose Jimmmmmm it's very unlikely that we are both spy. You haven't mentioned the possibility that munch and I are spy. From your perspective this should be very possible, especially since I'm voting against the mission in favor of arch or TA instead of munch.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2013, 08:41:27 pm »

After this mission, should we all give reads? I still think liopoil is a Spy, but we'll see how that changes with the results of the 2nd Mission.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2013, 08:43:20 pm »

I'll give reads right now. resistance to spy:

liopoil
jimmmmm
TA
arch
munch
mail-mi

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2013, 09:03:51 pm »

I'm not, but I still voted against this proposal. I think it is more likely 1/1 than 2/0. Also, don't replace your name with mine. The whole idea was who's on Jimmmmm's proposal/off Jimmmm's proposal. Because Jimmmmmmm chose munch they are very likely not both spy. Since I chose Jimmmmmm it's very unlikely that we are both spy. You haven't mentioned the possibility that munch and I are spy. From your perspective this should be very possible, especially since I'm voting against the mission in favor of arch or TA instead of munch.

Well darn, I was going to bring up the possibility of that exact spy team afterwards since it kind of makes sense, but wait until after the vote to see how munch votes. But you beat me to it. :(

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 07, 2013, 09:05:19 pm »

I'm going to decline to give reads until after this mission, because honestly we don't have a lot to go on yet, and it's pretty pointless. I'll definitely have more to give after this mission, though.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 07, 2013, 09:05:36 pm »

After this mission, should we all give reads? I still think liopoil is a Spy, but we'll see how that changes with the results of the 2nd Mission.

ARche who do you want to see on this mission?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 07, 2013, 09:33:48 pm »

I'm pretty sure one of Lio and JImmm is a spy

Based on what?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 07, 2013, 09:38:15 pm »

I'm pretty sure one of Lio and JImmm is a spy

Based on what?

Based on the fact that I've played this game too many times and somehow a spy lways ends up on mission 1, passes it, then fails mission 2. Like every single freaking time. Plus, both of you being resistance is only a 30% chance...

So nothing too solid but just suspicions. But you two should still both be on the mission, since I'd rather see you two together than split up.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2013, 09:40:18 pm »

To me us both being Resistance is a 60% chance.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2013, 09:42:56 pm »

Of course, but I'm dealing with my information, not with yours

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2013, 09:43:21 pm »

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 07, 2013, 09:45:31 pm »

Of course

Scumslip?

Sigh.

Of course, for you, that's true that there's a 60% chance.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 07, 2013, 09:53:29 pm »

Of course

Scumslip?

Sigh.

Of course, for you, that's true that there's a 60% chance.

Relax, I'm just messing with you.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 07, 2013, 09:54:36 pm »

Haha okay...you never know with these games :(

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 07, 2013, 11:33:16 pm »

Hmm.  Jimm proposing me kind of makes me uneasy.  My first thought before I read all the posts I needed to catch up was: "I'm going to guess that everyone is quite eager to put Lio and Jimm on this next mission because the first mission succeeded.  I can definitely see at least one of lio/Jimmm being a spy, lio probably the more likely of the two, but its also quite possible that they both are spies.  If I was a spy on the first mission with resistance I would pass it if only to ensure that no resistance has any perfect information, but two spies on the mission works around this mission quite nicely; neither is going to fail the mission for fear of them both failing, and they probably aren't worried about one mission succeeding anyway."

But then I actually read that lio also proposed this idea.  This makes me quite uncomfortable, but I dont think it makes it less likely to be the case in my mind.  I'm going to be voting against this mission.  I know would like to avoid all of MM/Lio/TA as they make me the most uncomfortable.  With that said though, MM has been quite since he started getting some heat earlier in the game.  I would like to hear more from him.

Archetype is proposing next?  I would feel the best at this moment about a Jimm/Munch/Arch mission.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 08, 2013, 12:03:35 am »

Mail-mi's on techno-free tuesday.

3 people is a lot to avoid...Why is lio the more likely spy of the two?

The problem with splitting them up and putting on 2 new people, in my eyes, is that if we get a fail, we don't know whether it came from lio or from a new person. Then, we can say "well, it may have come from Arch/Munch, and we think Jimm's safe, and Lio is a spy", or we can say "Hmm, it may in fact be Jimm, and Lio's probably safe." I'd just much rather see the two of them kept together, as I think if we split them up, we're really starting over without having gained any more information.

Plus, there's a non-zero chance we got lucky and they're both resistance -- while I think one of them is probably a spy, I don't have any reason to believe they are, so I see no reason for them both to not be on this mission.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 08, 2013, 01:52:40 am »

My reads quickly, Resistance to Spy:

Archetype
Twisted Archer
mail-mi
Jimmmmm
TheMunch
liopoil

I'd send the top 3, obviously. I could switch mail-mi for Jimmmmm.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 08, 2013, 07:01:23 am »

Okay, do you guys have any REASONS for thinking I'm spy? also, if I was spy, would I choose my partner for the first mission, and would he then also choose me for the next mission? what makes you guys think it's more likely that one of us is a spy then any other pair of people? I don't see how anyone can reasonably have us as anywhere but their two top resistance reads. If this seems like I'm pre-defending myself, then so be it. niether arch nor munch have cited anyything specific that makes them think I'm spy. the only real evidence we have is voting records, mission proposals, and mission results. I doubt you can find a way in which these make jimmmmm or I look like spy. and no, being on the first mission does not mean that one of us is spy. just because spy usually makes it onto the first mission doesn't mean they did this time. look, from a resistance player's perspective, there's only a 3/10 chance that any two other players are both resistance. so yes, while you would be right to think that chances are one of us is spy, that's true about any other pair. I fail to see why the people who were on the first mission, and passed it, are MORE likely to be spy. and no, saying "in my experience, spies always make it onto the first mission" is meaningless.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 08, 2013, 09:25:39 am »

Okay, do you guys have any REASONS for thinking I'm spy? also, if I was spy, would I choose my partner for the first mission, and would he then also choose me for the next mission? what makes you guys think it's more likely that one of us is a spy then any other pair of people? I don't see how anyone can reasonably have us as anywhere but their two top resistance reads. If this seems like I'm pre-defending myself, then so be it. niether arch nor munch have cited anyything specific that makes them think I'm spy. the only real evidence we have is voting records, mission proposals, and mission results. I doubt you can find a way in which these make jimmmmm or I look like spy. and no, being on the first mission does not mean that one of us is spy. just because spy usually makes it onto the first mission doesn't mean they did this time. look, from a resistance player's perspective, there's only a 3/10 chance that any two other players are both resistance. so yes, while you would be right to think that chances are one of us is spy, that's true about any other pair. I fail to see why the people who were on the first mission, and passed it, are MORE likely to be spy. and no, saying "in my experience, spies always make it onto the first mission" is meaningless.

It does sound like predefending.  People have started putting me towards the top of their scum lists for a while now and you dont see me complaining about it.  Probably because I find it more important to actually find the spies than convincing everyone that I'm not a spy.  Yes, from my position I know I'm resistance and that this makes me a better candidate for missions etc etc, but its very hard for any of you to know that.  I feel like I have reads but not much information (one passed mission that is incredibly inconclusive) so I want to test my reads by putting on missions those that I dont have as large of suspicions about.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 08, 2013, 09:30:12 am »

My reads quickly, Resistance to Spy:

Archetype
Twisted Archer
mail-mi
Jimmmmm
TheMunch
liopoil

I'd send the top 3, obviously. I could switch mail-mi for Jimmmmm.

I guess its unreasonable to want to avoid 3 people.  MM made me very uncomfortable in the beginning of the game but hasn't done/said anything.  Very well my read could be wrong (I also had at the same time a strong initial read on TA which he quickly changed for me).  I'll try to be less restrictive.  That said, I find it funny that TA and MM are high on your list and low on mine.  Would be much easier to pass your mission if our reads lined up a little better.  Do you want to explain why TA and MM are so high on your list?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 08, 2013, 09:37:09 am »

I said yes brncause I think lio/Jimmmm are resistance and mr. TheMunch I don't have a big spy read.

Speaking of spy reads, here are mine: (least to most):
Me
Jimmmm
Lio
The munch and Arche
TA
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 08, 2013, 01:10:49 pm »

Mission 2, Proposal #1 -- team proposed by jimmmm: jimmmm, liopoil, TheMunch

Accept mission team: jimmmmm, mail-mi
Reject mission team: archetype, liopoil, TheMunch, Twistedarcher

The mission is rejected.  Now Archetype is the team leader
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.