Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49  All

Author Topic: M134: Conference Call Mafia V 2.0 - Game Over - Skum Wins!  (Read 118244 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: M134: Conference Call Mafia V 2.0 - Day 2!
« Reply #750 on: March 06, 2021, 05:01:39 pm »

joth's breakdown into two groups is almost completely arbitrary. gkrieg reinforcing it feels scummy.

Which breakdown?

Is EFHW talking here about Ashersky's breakdown into two groups, or did Joth really post something like that? As far as I can see, Joth has absolutely been tunnelling Ash all day, and is now voting gkrieg only because he things gkrieg is likely to be scumbuddies of one kind or another with Ash.

Is there a general gkrieg-supporting-Ash vibe that both Joth and EFHW are picking up on here? I mean, I think gkrieg is one of several players expressing non-surprise at Ash's counterclaim as a possible town play, but I don't see what singles him out. On the other hand, I see faust pushing the one-scum-off-wagon argument to put pressure on one of me, Didds and gkrieg being scum, a nd that's something I think really does feel scummy because of the circumstances around the EoD1 wagons.

There was one interaction I highlighted that seemed like possible partner-signaling. Other than that the only thing tying them together is that they haven't really gone after each other.

I'm not feeling terrific about this lackadaisical day end. Maybe it makes sense to try to force a wagon other than the one that's been sitting here for days and that scum clearly seems to be OK with?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 06, 2021, 05:03:27 pm »

Of course if ash IS gkrieg's partner it makes sense that there's no defense effort, since he's effectively V/LA.

And also, this is the classic thing where I say I want to switch because there's no defense and for everyone else that seems like it IS the defense. And I don't know what to do about that so I'm just naming it.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 06, 2021, 05:04:21 pm »

joth's breakdown into two groups is almost completely arbitrary. gkrieg reinforcing it feels scummy.

Which breakdown?

Is EFHW talking here about Ashersky's breakdown into two groups, or did Joth really post something like that? As far as I can see, Joth has absolutely been tunnelling Ash all day, and is now voting gkrieg only because he things gkrieg is likely to be scumbuddies of one kind or another with Ash.

Is there a general gkrieg-supporting-Ash vibe that both Joth and EFHW are picking up on here? I mean, I think gkrieg is one of several players expressing non-surprise at Ash's counterclaim as a possible town play, but I don't see what singles him out. On the other hand, I see faust pushing the one-scum-off-wagon argument to put pressure on one of me, Didds and gkrieg being scum, a nd that's something I think really does feel scummy because of the circumstances around the EoD1 wagons.

There was one interaction I highlighted that seemed like possible partner-signaling. Other than that the only thing tying them together is that they haven't really gone after each other.

I'm not feeling terrific about this lackadaisical day end. Maybe it makes sense to try to force a wagon other than the one that's been sitting here for days and that scum clearly seems to be OK with?

Yeah let's start a wagon with 4 people around less than 1 hour before deadline, what a great idea joth.

By the way, I'm shooting gkrieg if I forget to hammer (so, if we decide to exile gkrieg but we don't for some reason), so remember that only scum can have bulletproof.

Of course if ash IS gkrieg's partner it makes sense that there's no defense effort, since he's effectively V/LA.

And also, this is the classic thing where I say I want to switch because there's no defense and for everyone else that seems like it IS the defense. And I don't know what to do about that so I'm just naming it.

Ash could've fought harder for gkrieg, in, like, the past 2 days, it's not like this exile wasn't seen from a mile away.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 06, 2021, 05:06:05 pm »

It should be clear to anyone reading that I would not possibly be mcmc's partner here. You had a bit of an (albeit terrible) argument when it came to MiX, seeing as he was the alternative wagon - there the claim would be that it was an attempt to save MiX. But now we know it was town v town, so there is literally zero reason for any scumteam to put all their votes behind a bad misexile.

Did this one ever get clearly explained? I know gkrieg picket at it, because it was his comment in one of his stream-of-reactions-posting-streak things that reminded me of the post.

I really disagree with the "literally zero reason" part of this post from faust. I think there's a strong possibility that all the non-townie people (whether full mafia or possible traitor) could easily be on mathdude. That's because several players were making posts about reading the newbie as scummy, and not all of those doing so could have been scum. On top of that, there were people like MiX pushing mathdude really hard at the end, and other players seconding/supporting that, and since clearly not all those players can be scum, scums must have been seeing a big swell of town opinion against mathdude, so I see no reason for scum not to go with the path of least resistance and vote mathdude here, keeping MiX around to sew confusion and/or as an easy mixile later in the game, since people like me and gkrieg had already been tunnelling him.

That reasoning makes me way less confident than usual in the argument that "five towns voting a townie is highly unusual", which I might under other circumstances have been invoking to say that there's probably (at least) one scum in {MiX, gkrieg, Didds}, with me added to that group from everyone else's perspective.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 06, 2021, 05:09:27 pm »

Nah, I get that. I've done my gkrieg read and it's really not possible to work out whether I feel like there's anything deliberately scummy rather than just busy low-effort town who posts catch-up thoughts real-time so they're even slightly contradictory with each other (especially his read on you and maybe  EFHW) and then doesn't do any actual analysis.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 06, 2021, 05:10:22 pm »

Yeah let's start a wagon with 4 people around less than 1 hour before deadline, what a great idea joth.

It's worked before.

Do you think gkrieg is scum?

If so, why do you think there's been so little resistance to this wagon?

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 06, 2021, 05:12:23 pm »

It's worked before.

Do you think gkrieg is scum?

If so, why do you think there's been so little resistance to this wagon?

Because ash cannot resist it harder than he was the entirety of Day 2.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 06, 2021, 05:16:10 pm »

Here are my notes from re-reading gkrieg

#47 Opens with an Ash vote.
#103 Continuing interaction with ash.
#104 Response to Joth about being inactive at the weekends.
(big gap 21st Feb 11.21 to 23rd Feb 22:25)
#236 Apology for being inactive
#294 Start of re-read (24th Feb 18:20).
#295 Comments on MiX's weird early Joth case.
#298,#300 etc Says he may be tunneling MiX.
#301,#302 Townie on WCD and Dylan.
#411 Comes into D2 voting for MiX, though Dylan and I are already there too.
#471 Another post about being away. (He was absent for ~46 hours).
#524 Start of giant re-read. Focuses on mcmc and then MiX to begin with.
#529 The U-turn on Joth that I already mentioned, where he scumread Joth at #525, but agrees with my townread on exactly the same thing at #529.
#53* Much of this re-read is either saying people are townie, or asking people to give more info on their own scureads. That is a bit scummy from gkrieg, because he's relying on other people's scum cases rather than making any of his own.
#541 gkrieg asks faust about why he thinks my pursuit of MiX was illogical, but then immediately says faust has a point in an earlier response he'd made to me, which in turn I think I'd addressed pretty well, so obviously I don't agree that faust had a point. It's another example of subtly stirring what may be town-v-town arguments in a way that makes other people make the cases for him.
#545 Okay, at least he's trying to check what faust's on about here.
#553 talks about "the faust/Space faceoff", which would be a good phrase for scum to use if they want to put focus on a town-v-town disagreement, especially since I'm in the "leaning townie" bucket and faust is in the "leaning scummy" one.
#610,#611 Says that joth hasn't done anything townie, so he's still in the scum bucked even though he'd agreed that he seems townie. That's almost too inconsistent to be a scum stance, isn't it? I can kind of see where it's coming from, if he's summing up different sets of scumpoints and townpoints, but I don't see how "hasn't done much townie" gives enough scumpoints to counteract "scum!mcmc was super-unlikely to bus".
#633,#639 I do feel townie on gkrieg when he argues against this wagon argument of faust's, because I really don't see a good reason for town!faust to be pushing that.
#692 Insisting there's one scum left and one traitor seems like a town thing, because scum will have been more invested in the details. That's nothing a scum!gkrieg couldn't fake, though, so not sure there's much alignment indication there.
#695 Points out that Didds and Dylan are under-the-radar, which is a bit ironic given that most of his posts have been catch-up reactions with no real cases or analysis.
#727 Says scum is most likely to be in {Didds, joth, Dylan}. I'm concerned that the fact he says he's not getting scummy vibes from EFHW any more is enough for him to remove her from that pool, but the fact that joth just hasn't done anything townie enough for gkrieg to feel warm and fuzzy about has landed him in the pool after all... that just feels inconsistent, and like some manipulation is happening there. Also he keeps picking at what I think are valid points against faust, but then putting faust in a prob!town sort of bucket.

The main sources of scumpoints are just that there's no decent case or analysis, only some reactions to agree with people (even people with opposing viewpoints like me and faust), and some questions that may make other people put out or develop scum cases on other players. Maybe that's scummy manipulation, or maybe it's just an effort to engage without putting a lot of time into it. The scumread on Joth isn't something I understand, nor is the no-scummy-vibes read on EFHW. Overall it's a resounding "dunno".

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 06, 2021, 05:23:55 pm »

Space Count:

faust (1): SpaceAnemone
gkrieg13 (4): faust, WestCoastDidds, jotheonah, EFHW
ashersky (1): MiX
Not Voting (3): Dylan32, ashersky, gkrieg13

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 06, 2021, 05:24:33 pm »

Space Count:

You can hammer too if you want.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 06, 2021, 05:24:47 pm »

Why are you making weird arbitrary deadlines? Just wait until gkrieg shows up, or you have to go to bed, or the Day ends, whichever happens first.

The day ends in 2 hours, right? If I wait until gkrieg shows up, he might not, so I miss the hammer. I don't have to leave before the day ends, so if I wait for that, I miss the hammer. If I wait for the Day to end, I might wait too long and show up late, so I miss the hammer.

I think there's still like 4-5 hours, not 2.

Oh, you're right. Ok then I can wait longer.

I presume you're busy for anything except simple explanations?

Yes.

Ok but really I'm at least at my computer and will be tabbing back and forth to make sure something goes through, but I'm still having to work right now.

I think Space is actually making a lot of sense in the last few posts, particularly 753, so I'm starting to not feel as good about a gkrieg exile. I totally agreed with faust that the/an other scum was off wagon D1 earlier, but that was a good point why that would be less certain than normal given how the day went down.

ppe 3
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 06, 2021, 05:27:08 pm »

It's weird that gkrieg isn't even voting. He's backed up the "not Ash" camp, but I would've thought he'd at least try to vote faust with me in self-defence.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 06, 2021, 05:29:42 pm »

So many thing about this day have been weird
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 06, 2021, 05:31:51 pm »

I think Space is actually making a lot of sense in the last few posts, particularly 753, so I'm starting to not feel as good about a gkrieg exile. I totally agreed with faust that the/an other scum was off wagon D1 earlier, but that was a good point why that would be less certain than normal given how the day went down.

I've been saying that all day. Plus there's the other point I've been making about the wagons, which is that with a bodyguard death, we can't tell whether scum intended to kill on-wagon or off-wagon, which is a choice I'd usually think about when looking at the wagons.

My #753 was definitely more of a "case on faust" post than a "case that gkrieg is not necessarily an optimal exile" post, though, so it's odd that you're having pause on gkrieg but not going as far as to express any other scumreads at all, to the point where you may go up to deadline not having voted for anyone other than MiX all day. You're not making later wagon PoE very easy for town with that sort of lack of voting. What are your other reads looking like?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 06, 2021, 05:36:10 pm »

Space Count:

I don't want to. I'd rather use my time to put my ideas down and get people to consider the alternatives people haven't been thinking about enough. Even if I'm wrong about there not really being a strong enough case on gkrieg, there's still another person on the scumteam out there to find. And I do think that Joth's absolutely right that the lack of resistance to such a slow and steady wagon probably adds evidence to the town!gkrieg side of the balance.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: March 06, 2021, 05:37:06 pm »

Space Count:

I don't want to. I'd rather use my time to put my ideas down and get people to consider the alternatives people haven't been thinking about enough. Even if I'm wrong about there not really being a strong enough case on gkrieg, there's still another person on the scumteam out there to find. And I do think that Joth's absolutely right that the lack of resistance to such a slow and steady wagon probably adds evidence to the town!gkrieg side of the balance.

Alright, I'll hold until the very end. Good luck!

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 06, 2021, 05:46:54 pm »

Alright, I'll hold until the very end. Good luck!

Don't let me make it go too close to the wire. Am putting a "last thoughts" post together now, but it might not have anything super-interesting.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 06, 2021, 05:49:24 pm »

I think we’re 6 minutes out now
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 06, 2021, 05:51:38 pm »

Vote: gkrieg

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 06, 2021, 05:52:33 pm »

Thread Locked
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 06, 2021, 06:31:44 pm »

"Well it has been another day of debate everyone, and a decision needs to be reached. So who is it gonna be...?"

gkrieg has be Exiled! They were gkrieg, the Vanilla Townie!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 02:07:41 pm by Swowl »
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 06, 2021, 06:31:52 pm »

Vote Count 2.Final:

gkrieg (5): faust, WestCoastDidds, Joth, EFHW, MiX
faust (1): SpaceAnenome
Not Voting (3): Dylan32, Ashersky, gkrieg

With 9 alive, it took 5 to Exile.
Night 2 starts now and ends in 48 hours. That is Monday, March 8th at 6:30pm Forum Time.
Please submit any Night Actions within 36 hours.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 02:09:10 pm by Swowl »
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 08, 2021, 09:47:39 pm »

Game starting in an hour or so when I’m back from coaching.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 08, 2021, 11:06:26 pm »

"I cannot believe we were wrong", whispers faust to a huddled group.
   "Neither can I...", says WCD... "But, why are we here? Joth, you said MiX had something to tell us right?"
"Yeah... That's right... but I can't seem to locate them..."

MiX has died at night! They were MiX, the Town Aligned Vigilante!
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 08, 2021, 11:06:52 pm »

Vote Count 3.0:

Not Voting (7): WestCoastDidds, EFHW, faust, SpaceAnenome, Joth, Ashersky, Dylan32

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to Exile.
Day 3 starts now and ends Monday, March 15th at 6:30pm Forum Time.

THREAD UNLOCKED!
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.