Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 123  All

Author Topic: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (GAME OVER, Maquis win!)  (Read 386319 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: RMM52: Deep Space Nine Mafia Redux (Day 5)
« Reply #2725 on: April 05, 2019, 12:05:26 pm »

Ash: town
Mix: scum
Space: scum

You should specify MQ and SK reads, but I guess when you townread ash you run out of people to scumread, making PoE stronger. I can't really see a universe where you and ash are town...

Can't stress this enough, the bolded above is why I'm being the worst town right now.  I can't see past your demands and ain't nobody tell raerae what to do, just ask shraeye, it never works out well.  Please, please, please be more aware of the words your using to get people to (hopefully) do what you want.  A please goes a long way or even just phrasing your request as a question.  But when you TELL me to do something, there's absolutely no way in hell I'm ever going to acquiesce.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: April 05, 2019, 12:11:07 pm »

You (and raerae) can't be stubborn for the sake of stubborn forever...

Firetrucking watch me, bro.

Well, this game will inevitably end, so...I'll watch. Probably from my grave...

Why are you scumreading me and Space? Okay, scratch that, why are you scumreading Space?

I don't like how one of her reasons for scumreading me is that I have a townread.  I don't like that faust's townread on you is now law but I don't remember her supporting any other dead townie's reads that strongly.  I know it doesn't make sense but I don't like your (MiX+Space) interactions basically all game long.  I could go on but I'm shoveling waffles in my face right now so this is what you get.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: April 05, 2019, 12:18:48 pm »

Ash: town
Mix: scum
Space: scum

You should specify MQ and SK reads, but I guess when you townread ash you run out of people to scumread, making PoE stronger. I can't really see a universe where you and ash are town...

Can't stress this enough, the bolded above is why I'm being the worst town right now.  I can't see past your demands and ain't nobody tell raerae what to do, just ask shraeye, it never works out well.  Please, please, please be more aware of the words your using to get people to (hopefully) do what you want.  A please goes a long way or even just phrasing your request as a question.  But when you TELL me to do something, there's absolutely no way in hell I'm ever going to acquiesce.

"Please, for town, could you specify your scumreads? Mainly, who you think is MQ and who is SK?" There. I don't think I was too bossy before, but I guess I was?

You (and raerae) can't be stubborn for the sake of stubborn forever...

Firetrucking watch me, bro.

Well, this game will inevitably end, so...I'll watch. Probably from my grave...

Why are you scumreading me and Space? Okay, scratch that, why are you scumreading Space?

I don't like how one of her reasons for scumreading me is that I have a townread.  I don't like that faust's townread on you is now law but I don't remember her supporting any other dead townie's reads that strongly.  I know it doesn't make sense but I don't like your (MiX+Space) interactions basically all game long.  I could go on but I'm shoveling waffles in my face right now so this is what you get.

Do you think we're MQ?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: April 05, 2019, 12:25:06 pm »

I don't think it benefits town to know what I think you are.  I think scum benefits quite a bit actually.  So I'll just keep that secret for now.

And it's been all game that you've been making those sorts of demands so just take my advice and consider it moving forward. 

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: April 05, 2019, 12:30:06 pm »

I don't think it benefits town to know what I think you are.  I think scum benefits quite a bit actually.  So I'll just keep that secret for now.

And it's been all game that you've been making those sorts of demands so just take my advice and consider it moving forward. 

It's obvious that you think I'm MQ, given that you're voting for me, and Space can't be MQ, so you must read them as SK. Not fishing for any information that I don't know...but I think you would know that. So, why didn't you answer it?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: April 05, 2019, 02:42:11 pm »

It's in my head so I have to get it out...

We're all sitting here looking for "traditional" partner interactions and coming up blank.  Maybe ADK will have better luck since he hasn't been in the mire the whole time but it doesn't seem like it's helping the rest of us.  I don't have a question, or even a conclusion with this, it's just an observation and it's kind of eating at me right now.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: April 05, 2019, 03:36:29 pm »

So this is a very different game than the blitz games I've been playing lately, but I find myself in the oddly familiar position of trying to sort a small number of town players from a larger group of scum.

1. MiX-

MiX seems to have a very confrontational playstyle, and seems to tunnel quite strongly, which I think are towny traits, but fakeable by talented scum. Based on the interactions he's had throughout the game, and the way that he's played today, I certainly don't see the possibility that he's anyone's partner on a scumteam.

2. Ash-

If there's one thing that I know about ash, it's that cranky, disengaged ash is town!ash, and that him not wanting to divulge information about his role is very much in character for him. I also know that he would know to do the same thing as scum. I would believe an ash/didds team, but I don't think there's any other ash team that's plausible.

3. Space-

Confirmed not Marquis (barring bus driving shenanigans that aren't actually plausible), so not someone we should consider lynching today, if I undestand all the math correctly.

4. WCD-

WCD is always difficult for me to read, but I do know that she is adept at emulating her town meta as scum. My scumread of her is largely PoE, but I do find the claim here suspect- the way I see it, there's actually a lot of utility for scum to claim here, because it diverts the lynch away from you, and a mislynch here puts the marquis in a strong position. Of all the possible partner combinations, her and raerae and her and ash make the most sense to me.

5. raerae-

Her tunneling of MiX all game, up through today, reads as somewhat fake to me. MiX has been a controversial player who nonetheless has had enough people defending him that his lynch was never really viable; I think that continuing to push it is a good cover story for scum, as it lets them look active without having to get their hands dirty in mislynches, and then at LyLo they can come out with "I've been pushing this all game, lets's make it happen". I'm not sure if this is within raerae's scum meta, but it smells fishy to me.

The problem with the scum!didds scenario is that with her power (I'm assuming she's telling the truth about that) we have to decide between wasting a lynch on her or trying to hit her partner. I have thoughts about who might be the SK but I think it's best not to voice them.

tl;dr: MiX is a bad lynch today, I would vote didds or ash or raerae.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: April 05, 2019, 03:49:42 pm »

So do you feel comfortable moving forward with no deadline extension or would you like one? No pressure, I just have to go to work soon and am curious if I need to check in before I get off tonight.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: April 05, 2019, 03:58:09 pm »

That is a really good readslist, and it's definitely what I expected from a player in snow's position that doesn't scumread me. Unfortunately, I don't think Didds is scum. Her PR also means that we should try to go for her partner today...for reasons I'm not disclosing. Good points about raerae, however, unlike ADK, I think my lynch was very much on the table D2 and maybe D3, so raerae's actions were not without risk. Not a lot about ash, sadly, he's definitely an intriguing player to read, one thing that confused me was...why is ash/didds the only ash team? What about ash/raerae? Overall...ADK seems either town or scumbuddies with ash...not sure, too early. I think I'll stick with my scumread for now, his ash point was...somewhat null...

ADK, if you had to pick between ash and raerae, who would you pick? Also, why is ash/raerae not a plausible team?

So do you feel comfortable moving forward with no deadline extension or would you like one? No pressure, I just have to go to work soon and am curious if I need to check in before I get off tonight.

We already got a deadline extention...but still a good question.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: April 05, 2019, 04:09:32 pm »

That is a really good readslist, and it's definitely what I expected from a player in snow's position that doesn't scumread me. Unfortunately, I don't think Didds is scum. Her PR also means that we should try to go for her partner today...for reasons I'm not disclosing. Good points about raerae, however, unlike ADK, I think my lynch was very much on the table D2 and maybe D3, so raerae's actions were not without risk. Not a lot about ash, sadly, he's definitely an intriguing player to read, one thing that confused me was...why is ash/didds the only ash team? What about ash/raerae? Overall...ADK seems either town or scumbuddies with ash...not sure, too early. I think I'll stick with my scumread for now, his ash point was...somewhat null...

ADK, if you had to pick between ash and raerae, who would you pick? Also, why is ash/raerae not a plausible team?

We already got a deadline extention...but still a good question.

I considered ash/raerae but raerae's confusion over the Garak role earlier pretty much kills that. The two of them have also been expressing relatively strong townreads on one another for awhile now, which I think at this point is more likely to mean one of them is scum buddying the other than two scumpartners.

I'm kind of sick of reading mafia stuff for today, so I appreciate a deadline extension, I will try and sort raerae and ash, right now I think leaning raerae?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: April 05, 2019, 06:19:39 pm »

@Everybody who isn't ADK (and I guess MiX since he beat me to the punch), how do you feel about ADK's reads?  Does it change your view of Snow/ADK?  Why?

Sorry about the deadline question, I missed joth's note on that. 

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: April 05, 2019, 06:58:29 pm »

I don’t really see him saying much. There’s a mess of words, but the content is hedgy.

I’m also super suspicious of him letting MiX off the hook and his reads of me (and me and Ash, what?!?) I know are wrong.

At the end of the day, I think I’m finding ADK as scummy as Snow was. I need to dwell a bit longer, but it wasn’t the fresh eyes read I was hoping for. Le sigh...

I’m on a plane now and for the next few hours so I’m out until tomorrow.

Happy birthday weekend, Space!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: April 05, 2019, 08:10:45 pm »

I’m on a plane now and for the next few hours so I’m out until tomorrow.

Happy birthday weekend, Space!

Thank you! Safe flying :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: April 05, 2019, 08:19:38 pm »

I guess ADK's reads don't change much. They're reminded me a bit that WCD as SK makes more sense than I want to think about, given how bad that could be for town.

I think that the remaining Maquis pair is most likely to be ADK-Ash. Looking back over the wagons, raerae-Ash isn't looking plausible enough for too many very small reasons. I do agree with ADK that MiX isn't looking like he's paired with anyone.

I have a preference for Ash being the lunch over ADK, because ADK has a claimed PR that's not harmful to town, while Ash is still technically a mystery and therefore potentially a bigger threat.
Vote: Ash
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: April 05, 2019, 08:26:19 pm »

If it's between Ash and ADK then ADK is my preference.

Vote: ADK

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: April 06, 2019, 09:31:06 am »

Man, so happy to have an ADK in the game. Been awhile man.

Also, DAMA.

MiX+Dodd’s scum team and SA SK do sho by dubs.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: April 06, 2019, 09:33:32 am »

Also, poopy on Fausto reads. Never right when he lives too long. Only flaw in that dude’s game.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: April 06, 2019, 10:07:19 am »

Also, DAMA.

I'm glad to be back.

Ash what is your opinion on raerae? Why are you townreading her?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: April 06, 2019, 10:17:28 am »

I’m worried about my availability today/tomorrow so I’ll put this here, just in case:

Vote: Ashersky

I’m also willing to vote ADK

DAMA is my favorite! Ashers typos are charming, but finding me scummy is definitely the drunk talking

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: April 06, 2019, 10:25:50 am »

Also, DAMA.

I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT DAMA MEANT AND I'M SO EXCITED!

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: April 06, 2019, 10:26:30 am »

Ash, when did your scumread on me change to a townread? What are you drinking?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: April 06, 2019, 10:29:07 am »

I’m worried about my availability today/tomorrow so I’ll put this here, just in case:

Vote: Ashersky

I’m also willing to vote ADK

DAMA is my favorite! Ashers typos are charming, but finding me scummy is definitely the drunk talking

Is that L-1?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: April 06, 2019, 10:37:38 am »

Is it? I thought it was L-2. Apologies if not. I’m at a college visit and not fully engaged.

Vote count please

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: April 06, 2019, 10:40:04 am »

It was L-1.

WCD count:
Ash (3) MIX, Spacee, WCD
ADK (1) raerae

Not voting: Ash, ADK

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: April 06, 2019, 10:40:44 am »

But someone should check my work because that was on the fly.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 123  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.