Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Werewolves win!)  (Read 110041 times)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile

I wanna hear more from Galz here before we lynch someone.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Back.

So correct me if wrong, but the last WW must be between Axxle, Lekkit and Ashersky - and if Cuzz is to be believed between Axxle and Lekkit?

And the both admit now to lying?

Someone explain to me why we just lynched Sparky? I obviously need to read back.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile

Oh shit we did just lynch someone didn't we.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile

I guess it's ok because we lynched scum, but I would have liked a little more discussion of which of the three is the best lynch today so as to be sure to remove a nightkill.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

I don't know what Sparky is, but Axxle is the SK. If Ashersky is telling the truth about being a Seer anyway. Someone block him.

That makes Lekkit the WW.

We'll find out I suppose about Sparky.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

If Sparky flips SK, block Lekkit.

Mafia Record:

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

I announced L-1 like two pages ago.  Asher and Lekkit's votes were pretty scummy in light of that.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I announced L-1 like two pages ago.  Asher and Lekkit's votes were pretty scummy in light of that.
Maybe one page for you guys since I use 10-post pages.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Oh, one last thought/question: how sure are we about the mason claims?  Unconfirmable, obviously, but believable, I think...just looking to hear how sure others are.  I think I am comfortable with it.
I fully believe it.  They are very likely to be flipped tomorrow since we have 2 or 3 scum factions left, and if either flips scum the other is superdead.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile

I don't know what Sparky is, but Axxle is the SK. If Ashersky is telling the truth about being a Seer anyway. Someone block him.

That makes Lekkit the WW.

We'll find out I suppose about Sparky.

If Sparky flips SK, block Lekkit.

Agree with these two statements.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

You announced it, someone unvoted.  I voted hours later to return to L-1 since i was going to be away.  Lekkit hammered.

Back.

So correct me if wrong, but the last WW must be between Axxle, Lekkit and Ashersky - and if Cuzz is to be believed between Axxle and Lekkit?

And the both admit now to lying?

Someone explain to me why we just lynched Sparky? I obviously need to read back.

I think sparky was the town consensus lynch, and his deciding not to change to a new fake claim made his flip the easiest to confirm Cuzz's claim.  If he still flips VT, we know Cuzz was lying.  The other two changing claims took that option away.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile

I still am very sure that cuzz is telling the truth.

Also that Lekkit's new information came out in the more suspicious way between his reveal and Axxle's reveal.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

I still am very sure that cuzz is telling the truth.

Also that Lekkit's new information came out in the more suspicious way between his reveal and Axxle's reveal.

I think we've basically won, as I think we have two masons + Galz conftown, Cuzz very likely telling the truth, and I know I am telling the truth.  So POE gets us to the win.  Sparky, Axxle, and Lekkit.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

You announced it, someone unvoted.  I voted hours later to return to L-1 since i was going to be away.  Lekkit hammered.

You should have reannounced it.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile

Is there anyone who disagrees with a spark lynch?

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile

Because I didnt really hear any complaints. And between Axxle and sparky, I think he was the scummiest. And I have no reason not to believe cuzz.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

I’m sorry, but I have to openly protest this game. There was no way to anticipate that the vanilla townies had extra information regarding the game setup. In the first MA game, the VT’s had no such info, so as scum we thought it was naturally safe to assume the same for this game. But that was not the case; it’s as if each of the vanilla townies had a one-shot use of a Major Arcana’s power to find out some information about the game setup as Insomniac did. This makes the game incredibly unbalanced towards the town, as scum are forced to claim not knowing what the VT’s know. We killed Jo Night 1 because of his claim that he had extra information about the number of swords in the setup, so we thought he was a MA, or lying scum. Since he flipped VT, I naturally assumed he was just pulling a gambit. But now it feels like town got 3 Major Arcanas on their side, and that’s just too powerful. This game wasn’t a normal fun game of mafia, it was just “everyone massclaim immediately, it’s very easy to determine who’s lying”. This game was said to not be bastard, and it was. Scum was doomed from the start. Lekkit is the last WW, Axxle is the WW-immune SK, I am the last mafia. (For the record, I killed yuma.) There, game solved, game over.  GG town, even though you didn’t earn it.

I think in future games I would suggest not to disclose ANY setup-information, because then massclaims are discouraged, and it feels more like traditional-mafia. A game that could be solvable from a D1 massclaim doesn’t feel fun at all. I suspect I’m not gonna be listened to, so I think I’m going to resign from mafia, it just isn’t fun anymore, it’s too broken. So, good bye everyone, not that you all would care anyway.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

I feel that with cayvie and dsell away and with everything thats currently happening I have to step in here and say.

THREAD LOCKED
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

I’m sorry, but I have to openly protest this game. There was no way to anticipate that the vanilla townies had extra information regarding the game setup. In the first MA game, the VT’s had no such info, so as scum we thought it was naturally safe to assume the same for this game. But that was not the case; it’s as if each of the vanilla townies had a one-shot use of a Major Arcana’s power to find out some information about the game setup as Insomniac did. This makes the game incredibly unbalanced towards the town, as scum are forced to claim not knowing what the VT’s know. We killed Jo Night 1 because of his claim that he had extra information about the number of swords in the setup, so we thought he was a MA, or lying scum. Since he flipped VT, I naturally assumed he was just pulling a gambit. But now it feels like town got 3 Major Arcanas on their side, and that’s just too powerful. This game wasn’t a normal fun game of mafia, it was just “everyone massclaim immediately, it’s very easy to determine who’s lying”. This game was said to not be bastard, and it was. Scum was doomed from the start. Lekkit is the last WW, Axxle is the WW-immune SK, I am the last mafia. (For the record, I killed yuma.) There, game solved, game over.  GG town, even though you didn’t earn it.

I think in future games I would suggest not to disclose ANY setup-information, because then massclaims are discouraged, and it feels more like traditional-mafia. A game that could be solvable from a D1 massclaim doesn’t feel fun at all. I suspect I’m not gonna be listened to, so I think I’m going to resign from mafia, it just isn’t fun anymore, it’s too broken. So, good bye everyone, not that you all would care anyway.

FWIW, I would have pushed you nontheless.  :P

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Whoops, sorry, Ins.  :-[

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

I am here and catching up.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

Sparky5856 has been lynched.

He was the King of Cups, Mafia Watcher.

Vote Count

Sparky (5):  Grujah, Shraeye, Archetype, Ashersky, Lekkit
Cuzz (1): Sparky

Not Voting: Axxle, Cuzz, Galzria

Deadline for night 3 actions is Wednesday, January 9, at 3 PM forum time. Send night actions to both mods (Cayvie and Dsell).

I cannot and will not comment on Sparky's final post in-game. I will not confirm or deny anything whatsoever about the setup. Cayvie may choose to comment later on. I will, however, be reaching out to Sparky personally.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile

Oh look, a dead body! You'd think people would be more surprised.

It's Galzria. Upon inspection, you discover that he was the Five of Pentacles, One-Shot Strongman Vig (Town).

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 4 Start!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

I have a result.  I'd like Archetype to confirm who he roleblocked, Axxle to confirm who he doctored, and Lekkit to confirm who he investigated.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I docced you.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.