Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Werewolves win!)  (Read 110030 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Cayvie, can we get clarification on the deadline? The opening post says 2 week deadlines, but the thread title says the 10th. What is the official deadline?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile

Cayvie, can we get clarification on the deadline? The opening post says 2 week deadlines, but the thread title says the 10th. What is the official deadline?
Theory: Killing Werewolf Moon makes the next day shorter.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Well, flavor-wise it does make sense (no Moon = no moonlight = no evenings, it goes straight to night). Better than my theory :D

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

Alright I'm here again. Currently reading back, I'll post general thoughts along the way. It's posts like these where I tend to accuse everyone in a disorganized fashion. Are you ready? Here it goes.

Because we don't know what the major arcana are, I do not want to massclaim.  Remember how much that would have overpowered death?  Not sure if the same mechanic will be used here.

Doesn't want to massclaim because he's scum? Volt was the same way. Something to think about.

Can I ask a theory/setup question?

I've never played a game with multiple bad guy factions before.  Looking at the card list, there's some listed "werewolf" which sounds cool, but is otherwise just a second mafia?  Also, if there are multiple factions, are they smaller than usual?

LOL if ash if WW

Just got to shraeye's breadcrumb, he didn't make any misspellings in the rest of the post. If shraeye and Grujah are masons, then they should have had strong reasons to believe that one of Eevee, Galz, and Robz was scum based on Insom's info (not really useful just an observation).

Galz, Robz, Voltgloss, Lekkit, ashersky all voted for me.

Voltgloss I have the hardest time believing that he would think my statement was a slip. Lekkit and ash look most like a wagon jumpers...

keeping this in the back of my mind for now.

WTH?

This is not anywhere near "0% of flipping town"

I am the only one who read that as -  "the other scum team than one in which eevee/galz/robz are"?
This is exactly how I read it too.
vote: Robz888
I think it's an honest mistake though and not worth a vote.

Wow, really trying hard not to be a wagon jumper. (Of course, he jumped on my wagon then soon retreated from that.)

Woah woah woah! Lots happened!

Uhh ok. So Eevee's the Bulletproof guy. He's now an IC now? Cool, so that narrows it down to Robz and Galzria.

There's the scumdayvig and the towndayvig. Robz tries to pass himself off as the towndayvig, but the way he used it seemed like he was in a rush, and would be worried that he wouldn't be able to use his dayvig. Towndayvig wouldn't have had to worry about that. Vigginig is often a negative utility, so it's not too big of a deal if they got lynched without using their dayvig.

Galzria is supposedly the Strongman (?) Vigilante, right? Well that really sucks. If he's scum, he's going to be shooting Eevee tonight. But I guess he couldn't for some WIFOM. Hmm.

I think I'm going to Vote: Robz. Galzria seems scarier as scum, but Robz's actions so far have been scummy, brash, and paranoid compared to Galz. And of course, if Robz flips town, we can always go after Galz.

If Galz then flips scum, then Insomniac has some explaining to do.

I could see this post as WW-ish. If there was an opportunity to treat Eevee as IC, this would have been he time to do so. He then knew that Robz and Galz were innocent. Notice the last sentence. He doesn't say Insom would be scum. Just that he had some explaining to do. Cause Insomniac could have still been town. If he was town (which he was), Eevee was scum and Archetype would not have wanted people thinking that. (This is a whole bunch of conspiracy theory lol)

Town: I suggest we lynch Robz, and I'll still NK Eevee. This cannot be stopped.
I say don't do it. We lynch Robz and see his flip. If he's scum, then I guess Eevee's not a confirmed Townie and then Galzria is in the clear.

If he's Town, Eevee is an IC, and it doesn't matter what we suggest. Scum!Galzria will do whatever he wants, and then we lynch him tommorow. If he really is scum, he'll NK Eevee, eliminating our IC, and there's nothing we can do about it.

Question: (for cayvie ir whoever can help me understand this) is there a scum 1-shot Strongman Vigilante? Or is it just a Town 1-shot Strongman Vigilante?

Interesting...

BTW - Grujah shooting questions and posts in a rapidly fashing, like right now - town Grujah.
Take a note for further games.

Noted. When you're scum in future games, you're going down.  ;)

Just got to my late night drunkish rave of posts. #614 is where I finally start using my brain in the whole game.

#622 Archetype kinda gives up on his "Eevee = IC" idea. Now that it was kinda obvious at that point that Eevee was scum. They might have discussed that in their QT.

Well wait a second, if Eevee is self aligned, then would he have a QT?

Unvote.

HAHHAHAHA. Well, he intended to vote again shortly after. That didn't last long.

On the theory on ash being SK based on his hedging after Eevee's fake fullclaim, the possibility of strong, but it's not a 100% conviction. It is screwy how he hadn't realized by that point that Galz was conf-town. What's more noticeable is Archetype from a WW standpoint. I still think Axxle is a SK possibility.

Archetype claimed Roleblocker. He blocked Galz. It was a nice attempt at trying to prevent Galz from shooting Eevee just in case he did that, if Arche is WW. Reading back, this scenario seems entirely plausible, except... what WW roleblocks in this setup? The Alpha? It's a mystery. He could just be making all of it up, as he himself described. I noticed that Archetype has been giving plenty of hypothetical situations in which he is scum, and I'm finding that to be fishy. Also, if he is scum, he would have HAD to make up that hypothetical situation to see if the claim would be believable in the first place.

So,those are my thoughts after another long absence.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

Seems weird that the DAY would be shorter, this sounds like something that would happen if the holder of The Sun was killed. I guess a deadline clarification would answer things. I mean, the host has made a mistake with the deadline in D2.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

There are no WW Roleblockers, only a Mafia one. That's why I was happy when Voltgloss was killed, preventing people from thinking I was the Mafia Roleblocker instead of the Town one.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

... long post..

Reads as classic sparks scumpost from Major Arcana I.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Wait, I'll even find which one.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Basically whole D1, but mostly post 747, here it is:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=3907.msg94202#msg94202

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

I always make posts like that when reading back. I've done that as town too (I did it a couple times in Robz's megagame where I was town). And this is the first time I've made a post like that this game (most of my posts have been short this game, they've been like that as of late), and I get pegged for it. There's nothing scummy about reading back.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

Don't care anymore, Galz, who should I lynch.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile

Two of swords. Sorry to take so much time to respond. Tea, saxophone and clarinet with my girlfriend and grandmother coming up. Dont know if Ill be available until tonight.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Two of swords. Sorry to take so much time to respond. Tea, saxophone and clarinet with my girlfriend and grandmother coming up. Dont know if Ill be available until tonight.

;D

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Sparky next, then Cuzz.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile

listed deadline is correct.
it's open to extension on request.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile

SPARKY CLAIM I'VE GOT STUFF TO SAY.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

listed deadline is correct.
it's open to extension on request.

Thank you kindly.

Mafia Record:

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

SPARKY CLAIM I'VE GOT STUFF TO SAY.

OKAY.

I've been busy watching football today, that's why I haven't been here. My Ravens did good today, for the most part.

But anyway, Six of Cups, VT. Still not many VT's so far, how many were there in the last MA game? I think it was four iirc, I'll have to crunch this later, more football now lol.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile

So, if I am correct, sparky, Axxle, and Lekkit have claimed VT, Galz has claimed strongman vig, ash Seer, Arch roleblocker, shraeye and Grujah masons, and that's it?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

yup. Your turn.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile

Arite, scum chose unfortunate fakeclaims here. Sorry guys.

I am the Two of Pentacles, Vanilla Town.

In my role PM, I also received modfirmation that there were exactly 2 VTs in this game. Those two VTs are me and dead VT joth. Hence Lekkit, Axxle and sparky are all lying, and thus all scum.

Massclaims can be a fine and useful tool for town.  ;D

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

Well cool, this game is solved.

…As long as Cuzz isn't scum himself.

I say Axxle is the best lynch today so we eliminate a NK. Well as long as you guys dont think I'm lying.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

Vote: Axxle

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

In my role PM, I also received modfirmation that there were exactly 2 VTs in this game. Those two VTs are me and dead VT joth. Hence Lekkit, Axxle and sparky are all lying, and thus all scum.

Uhhhhhh I'm not lying... how did you get this information? You shouldn't have it if you're a VT.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile

Uhhhhhh I'm not lying... how did you get this information? You shouldn't have it if you're a VT.

I am, and I do, scum.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 20 queries.