Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49  All

Author Topic: M134: Conference Call Mafia V 2.0 - Game Over - Skum Wins!  (Read 118252 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: M134: Conference Call Mafia V 2.0 - Day 5!
« Reply #1050 on: March 29, 2021, 07:56:24 pm »

Space, your previous post arriving at Dylan was something I read, but I really was trying to do a reread from scratch. I tried not to let any interactions besides my own alignment color my view.

Although I lean heavily toward EFHW/Dylan, I don’t think we can completely discount Joth/Dylan.

I’d be interested in hearing what Joth and EFHW have to say about Dylan. For all the talk we’ve been doing today, there has been very little in the way of casing building from either of them.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 29, 2021, 07:58:10 pm »

Unfortunately I think we have to conclude that our traitor did not signal or did not signal well, else why would scum have wasted a nightkill to recruit them? I am operating under the assumption that recruiting was an accident.

Joth, can you help me? How else would a traitor be recruited?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: March 29, 2021, 08:00:06 pm »

I hadn’t realized how scummy Dylan’s claim that he and I had the same voting record was until Space laid it out.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 29, 2021, 10:01:18 pm »

I hadn’t realized how scummy Dylan’s claim that he and I had the same voting record was until Space laid it out.

I didn't mean we had exactly the same voting history. I was pretty clearly looking at final wagon positions through the entirety of that post, which is what you had been talking about too.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: March 29, 2021, 10:02:09 pm »

So the goalpost moving here is definitely scummy.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: March 29, 2021, 10:14:56 pm »

Space is scummy for pointing it out, or I am scummy for seeing her point?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: March 30, 2021, 12:44:01 am »

Vote Count 5.2:

Not Voting (5): WestCoastDidds, EFHW, SpaceAnenome, Joth, Dylan32

With 5 alive it takes 3 to Exile.
Day 5 starts now and ends Friday, April 2nd at 5:53pm Forum Time.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: March 30, 2021, 02:42:19 am »

Space is scummy for pointing it out, or I am scummy for seeing her point?

Absolutely you. Space didn't say it was scummy, just that they disagreed with the point. Yes, they kind of added more to what I was saying than what I actually said, but that disagreement is not the part they seem to find scummy.

Also, Space, to your post, there are two big things I believe you are forgetting in your analysis that I think is why you are thinking I'm so likely to be scum. One is that I had a fairly long VLA through the middle of the game. Like a good chunk of D3 (I think it was D3, but time is weird).  The second is that even before that VLA, during D2, I had roughly a week where I had that big work thing that pretty heavily restricted my activity. I didn't throw votes around like I have in past games because I just wasn't around enough to do that.

I absolutely think Didds caught on to your post yesterday, and that's why ash was the target instead of you. If Didds could get you to vote me as your common denominator in your likely pairings, EFHW would be set up to hammer pretty easily without having to actually push very hard in any direction at all in case things turned against either of them. I mean look, up until the very end of yesterday, Didds was so dead set on EFHW being their strongest (only) scumread, but they never pushed in a way that actually moved any real momentum towards exiling EFHW.  And yet one of their accusations of me being scum was that I've said a lot without exerting any influence, but that's exactly what they've done regarding their whole game scumread, who now conveniently, isn't their highest priority.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: March 30, 2021, 07:56:31 am »

Dylan, I’m not quite getting how attacking me is exonerating yourself.

Your argument is that you’ve been busy so you can’t be scum?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: March 30, 2021, 09:31:48 am »

Unfortunately I think we have to conclude that our traitor did not signal or did not signal well, else why would scum have wasted a nightkill to recruit them? I am operating under the assumption that recruiting was an accident.

Joth, can you help me? How else would a traitor be recruited?

If Mafia figured out who the traitor was, they wouldn't have to recruit them at all.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: March 30, 2021, 09:38:01 am »

I'm really sorry I haven't been able to give this game the attention it deserves this game day. It's just been a busy week and I don't have it in me to spend my free time re-reading and meticulously case-making. Even though I know that I need to do that now.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: March 30, 2021, 02:56:41 pm »

Some posts relevant to Dylan

His reasons for voting for mathdude
... What was scummy about it?

Pretty hedgy, keeps option open to exile literally everyone in his first sentence. Over-aware about town PRs and subtly trying to direct their mindset on what to do with their actions. More than 2 calendar days before the deadline and advancing the idea of a lurker policy lynch. Votes for Space seemingly solely because lurker status when in his own words, “there is definitely TONS of useful interactions happening.”

PPE 1

Yeah, that was the scummiest post of the game so far... I hate breaking my personal new-guy D1 pass, but, it sounds like you’ve played enough elsewhere to not truly be a newbie, so yeah, this is fine.

Vote: mathdude

I just stumbled upon this post: hmm, Dylan was already voting for math...

I would be very much surprised if there isn't scum in faust/ash/Dylan, they all jumped on the math wagon very quickly, and right as the mcmc wagon was growing.

Vote: Dylan, I also find his play overall scummy, and it's a good SoD2 vote regardless.

Vote: Dylan32

Although I am also quite tempted to vote ash.

This sequence of posts looks pretty bad for Dylan:

Ok, that claim leads me to believe it was an indirect claim of a specific role. If I'm right, I don't think I want to unvote because it's the best of the options for scum to fakeclaim. If I'm actually wrong, I would move. So I think at this point, like Space said, you should probably just be specific.
Intent to hammer

ppe mix how does robz tie into your team theory?
I'm not saying he's right, but those last 3 messages are exactly what my meta memory has stored for town!mix, if only he hadn't brought attention to being self-aware about it with his very last line... That tempers the feeling a little bit.

ppe 2

Dylan requests more information from mathdude so he can make up his mind, then mcmc posts intent to hammer and Dylan does not unvote -  why? If Dylan truly was waiting for info then he should have made sure that mathdude could provide it.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: March 30, 2021, 02:58:52 pm »

Some posts relevant to EFHW

Vote: EFHW, although I disagree that EFHW is scum, I had the exact same thought about her. I don't think it applies to EFHW though, but it might, so we can follow through this.

So this is the same as an RVS vote? Go ahead, though, I like attention.

Unvote from RVS.

@mathdude, did you in fact find ashersky scummy? He's the only one so far who has pinged any scum bells for me.

Vote: ashersky.

PPE: Yeah, saw that coming...

Ash has not pinged scum bells for me at all. Why do you?

Wow. I am incapable of being that crafty.

Absolutely wrong.  You are very good as misdirection in mafia games.

Not that I see any merit whatsoever in MiX's explanation.  But still, you can be crafty when you want/need.

Her reasons for voting for mathdude
I see what people are saying about mathdude's post. It is unusually directive and it seems early to feel "torn" between a lurker exile and a mild suspicion exile.

Also, what does it mean that he votes Space to prompt greater participation when I had just done that? Are two prompting votes needed?

I know he's new, but that could be why he didn't realize his post would out scum!him. If people feel strongly, I'm ok with waiting for Day 2. Right now I'll ...

vote: Mathdude

By the way, math's at L-2 and the biggest wagon is EFHW's. Just so you know.

So EFHW is E-1?

vote: EFHW

vote: mathdude

"biggest wagon is EFHW's" I think was referring to EFHW creating the most concerning part of the wagon... not that there was a large wagon on them.
No, MiX puts a lot of pressure on me Day 1 because he thinks that's the easiest day to get me exiled. One way he does it is to make comments like this, planting the seed that I am scummy and everyone thinks so. He would do this as town or scum, unfortunately, so it's pretty NAI.

I did an EFHW re-read, and I thought my d1 impression of her was that she was at least thinking for herself and not coming over as too scummy. She does flip-flop a bit on how much sympathy she shows for our newbie's predicament, though (#188/#237/#317), which let her put her vote in a convenient place on the mathdude wagon.

Possibly more interesting is the really early game, because she followed mcmc onto Robz before Robz had even joined the game. On its own that's nothing, but then she was also right behind mcmc on Joth from #273, which is the pivot in the middle of her flip-flop on mathdude, which maybe looks a little bit more like something.

Of course, the next thing in this like of thinking is to check who else followed mcmc that much, and how common it was across the rest of d1 for two players to land up next to each other on wagons like that by chance (or design?) anyway.

No. I don't parse everything he says, because he tends to leave a lot of steps out. I'll try, but if it's too obscure I might just move on. I just know his method works for him, when he's not tunneling me, anyway, so I don't read it as scummy.

Okay.

Hey EFHW, who do you scumread currently? Who do you townread currently? Who would you vote for if you had to? What are you currently rereading? What are you doing in this Day? Cause if you have nothing to do I suggest you reread me and actually try to understand what I'm saying, it's not just rambling even if it looks like it.

I'm trying to play the game and if you just won't read my posts then why the hell do I even bother.

MiX, the reason I'm asking that of EFHW is that she's defending you and even she gives up on reading you because too much of what you say just doesn't seem to make sense.

I'm really miffed that you accused me of being "low effort" when I was asking you to clarify what you'd meant, because I think I'm one of very few people who even tried. The fact I honestly made an attempt to parse what you were saying, spent/wasted time on it (depending on whether you're scum or town here) and still came up blank should tell you that other players are not able to make sense of posts like that mathdude-joth "case".

What I think from trying to put it together following all your references is that you were accusing mathdude of being the traitor because he sheeped joth at one point early in the game, which happened at some point before the mathdude post you'd actually quoted, and you thought that the obvious conclusion from that was that mathdude was a traitor purposefully sheeping mafia!joth. You never said anything of the sort, and I'd be curious whether anyone else in-game realised that that's what you were saying (if indeed it even was?!) when you raised it at the end of do. Do you see how much clearer it could have been had you actually said what you meant?

Of course, I think there's a strong chance that either you're scum sewing this level of confusion and time-wasting on purpose, or your fixation on the traitor was your way of signalling to mcmc and his buddy that you're it. If you're scum being allowed to hide behind this scummy level of meta, though, I still think we should be calling it out as bad play so you can't hide the same way next time.

I'm townie on MiX, Space, and ash in that order.

Leaning scummy on faust, joth, and EFHW. I think EFHW is the scummiest of the three. Still waiting to see how the faust/Space faceoff goes.

Haven't heard much from Didds, although I like what I have seen her post.

Null on Dylan.

Not super strong reads though.
vote: EFHW

Rereading Day 2.

- we have the early MiX wagon where the first 3 votes are Space, Dylan, gkrieg. Not a ton to analyse; it happened quickly, and once it got to 3 votes scum wouldn't just join.
- it is notable that when MiX is at 3 votes and gkrieg at 2, Didds decides to open another wagon (on EFHW) rather than join the existing ones. This is at least consistent with scum!Didds who would be content with having 2 town wagons and saw no need to incriminate herself.
- ash throws his weight behind the MiX wagon. This is... not strictly necessary if he's scum, same reasoning as with Didds above makes ash look somewhat townier. This is also true of joth but to a lesser extent; he is more guarded about his MiX read. Anyways it feels like scum wouldn't rush into that exile, among the people who were willing to exile MiX is probably only 1 scum (though it might be that the Traitor was there and joined by the other scum). So who's not there? me, EFHW, Didds. Worth keeping in mind.
- after the MiX wagon fizzles out, gkrieg throws his support behind EFHW, who is now at 2 conf!town votes.
- then we get a ton of derailment via ash's "counterclaim" unfortunately
- after the dust settles we have votes on me, ash, gkrieg. It's interesting that despite EFHW having been talked about a good amount there is no more real pressure on her

Hmpf. EFHW comes away from this a good deal scummier than I remembered. That's my main takeaway. I still like Dylan but he just hasn't done a lot D2, so there's not much new data.

Rereading Day 2. ...
Hmpf. EFHW comes away from this a good deal scummier than I remembered. That's my main takeaway. I still like Dylan but he just hasn't done a lot D2, so there's not much new data.

I'm scummy, or the VC implies that I might be scummy? And Dylan's lack of activity is exonerating? I actually liked your point about his not unvoting. I was trying to think of how that might happen for town!Dylan, and my one thought was that he might see mcmc as a leader and therefore conform to his example. Then I remembered mcmc was scum, and that seemed even more possible.

I'm not super active (see swamped comment earlier), but I have taken positions.

vote: Dylan.

Open to Didds as well. Towny on faust, joth and Space. Annoyed on ash = undecided.

Re-reading EFHW (Print Page style).

Day 1: Votes multiple players, doesn't stick to reads, calls out a few odd plays by others, no long posts at all.
Day 2: More active in the giving reads and opinions department, didn't really hone in on anyone but me and gkrieg.  More interaction with joth than I recalled. 
Day 3: Starts on Dylan.  Wishy-washy on me.  Then WCD.  Let the faust wagon go, asked for support/clarity/etc. from Space.

Day 3 was EFHW's worst, by far.  Worth a re-read if you are looking to feel worse about her alignment.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: March 30, 2021, 03:00:50 pm »

I don't have as much for Joth

His reason for voting Robz

Ok, Robz has basically done nothing so far but townread people and ask naive questions and it's starting to feel off to me. I usually expect a little more robust mafia playing from one of the founding members of this playgroup. Maybe he's doing something different or just rusty from the time off, but I think he's trying to lay low and skate through day 1 and not making any particular effort to scumhunt.

Vote: Robz

I don't hate the mathdude wagon but it just seems too easy and I don't trust it.

All of this:

I don't think Joth has really done anything scummy.

Do you think he is just doing joth things or do you think the things hes done are towny?

Do you?

I do, joths initial votes for Dylan, gkrieg, and robz all struck me as fishing for wagons, all for generic reasons that he quickly backed off of as soon as the wagons didn’t take off. His lack of acknowledgement to the initial votes on him and then frustration/impressedness at your vote for him (which is a vote that makes him significantly more likely to be exhiled) is good scum tactic.

So I'm fishing for wagons, but when the best and most plausible wagon in the game cropped up (mathdude) I decided to ignore it? And I also passed up an opportunity to hop on the EFHW wagon after being explicitly invited to join it?

Are they both my partners? Or am I just really bad at fishing for wagons? :P

I’m not voting anywhere until I have time to sit down tomorrow and re-read, but the MiX wagon crowd is making some sense to me.

I highly doubt scum!Space pushes town!MiX this hard at the start of D2, so I’m inclined to agree Space is town (which doesn’t mean MiX is scum, but does mean I’m comfortable taking Space’s posts at face value). Potential WIFOM notwithstanding.

Mid-day, Day 2 fixates on Ash as scum. And expresses authentic frustration that no one is up for exiling Ash

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: March 30, 2021, 03:01:45 pm »

Dylan, I’m not quite getting how attacking me is exonerating yourself.

Your argument is that you’ve been busy so you can’t be scum?

I'm rapidly becoming convinced you are scum. I am not scum. The premise of this game is to find scum and exile scum. Of course you being scum doesn't inherently mean that I'm not, which is why I'm not trying to make that argument. My argument is that your push on me after I had been pretty strongly townread by I believe most people through the game once Space made that comment yesterday, combined with scum killing Ash instead of obv!town Space is a very strong narrative for scum!you.

Nope.

--snip--

And it is probable that this method of looking at things overcounts how likely Dylan is to be scum just because there's so little useful wagon interaction that you can't look at a particular vote history and say "oh, that seems a bit improbable if those two are scum together", which is basically how I think EFHW-Joth isn't a possibility.

My point is that Space's intuition there is correct. The fact I have fewer voting interactions DOES falsely point to a scum narrative for me, because it wasn't an intentional play like the paragraph before suggests it might have been. It was simply that I was busy, which should be NAI for anyone.

I hope everyone here will trust me on this statement, regardless of what you believe my alignment to be right now. I have never and will never blame in-game inactivity on IRL busyness as a cover for intentional game choices. If I say I'm busy or unavailable, it is my word as a person, not as a game player. If I give a game related reason for inactivity, believe it or doubt it as you wish just like any other claim, but I would not lie about irl things to advance my goals in a game like this. I don't know if everyone has that same standard or mindset, but to me, that goes a step beyond what I consider fair play, because we do this for fun, and I don't want to hold the real world against people.

ppe 3

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: March 30, 2021, 03:25:23 pm »

There's some low hanging fruit we haven't picked yet. For instance, who was ash most suspecting? Obvious as it is, that's very much something scum is considering with a kill this late in the game. My memory is that he was somewhat focused on EFHW, though I don't think he was the biggest fan of me either.
Were you going somewhere with this? Do you think I am scummy? I don't think you are suggesting yourself.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 30, 2021, 03:27:02 pm »

Dylan continues to have logical, townie posts.

@Dylan, what's your scum narrative for Didds?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 30, 2021, 04:36:24 pm »

There's some low hanging fruit we haven't picked yet. For instance, who was ash most suspecting? Obvious as it is, that's very much something scum is considering with a kill this late in the game. My memory is that he was somewhat focused on EFHW, though I don't think he was the biggest fan of me either.
Were you going somewhere with this? Do you think I am scummy? I don't think you are suggesting yourself.

I don't want to make a hard accusation until I re-read and check my memory.

I more just meant "Why ash instead of space?" is a good question to be asking. And "because ash was suspecting the mafia" is a possible answer. (as is "because they wanted us to think ash was suspecting the mafia", so y'know, WIFOM reigns supreme.)

He/him

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 30, 2021, 05:30:42 pm »

Also, Space, to your post, there are two big things I believe you are forgetting in your analysis that I think is why you are thinking I'm so likely to be scum. One is that I had a fairly long VLA through the middle of the game. Like a good chunk of D3 (I think it was D3, but time is weird).  The second is that even before that VLA, during D2, I had roughly a week where I had that big work thing that pretty heavily restricted my activity. I didn't throw votes around like I have in past games because I just wasn't around enough to do that.

My comment was that you could believably be scum with multiple people because of your low levels of interaction. I was not forgetting that you reported a genuine reason for being away. I'm not saying you're more scummy-looking because you barely voted, I'm saying that you've left town with fewer chances to see anything not-scummy-looking in your voting history because there's so little voting history to look at.

I absolutely think Didds caught on to your post yesterday, and that's why ash was the target instead of you. If Didds could get you to vote me as your common denominator in your likely pairings, EFHW would be set up to hammer pretty easily without having to actually push very hard in any direction at all in case things turned against either of them. I mean look, up until the very end of yesterday, Didds was so dead set on EFHW being their strongest (only) scumread, but they never pushed in a way that actually moved any real momentum towards exiling EFHW.

Didds has been pushing EFHW hard all game. Can you show me any previous games in which scum!Didds does that sort of a tunnel on a scum-buddy? Or are you not saying here that you think the most likely pairing is Didds-EFHW?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 30, 2021, 06:22:03 pm »

Following up this comment from Dylan to Didds:

My argument is that your push on me after I had been pretty strongly townread by I believe most people through the game once Space made that comment yesterday, combined with scum killing Ash instead of obv!town Space is a very strong narrative for scum!you.

Pretty sure I started my "I think Dylan is scummy" re-read more than a game day ago.. I can see that you make logical and agreeable posts, but there's nothing that screams town. I have a feeling you were something like third behind faust and MiX in my early-D2 scumreads, because of your support for the knee-jerk mathdude quixile. So "pretty strongly townread" is probably not accurate, at least from my corner of the game.

My point is that Space's intuition there is correct. The fact I have fewer voting interactions DOES falsely point to a scum narrative for me, because it wasn't an intentional play like the paragraph before suggests it might have been. It was simply that I was busy, which should be NAI for anyone.

Ah, I disagree with that. There's no false painting of a scum narrative, there's a strong lack of painting of a non-scum narrative between you and any possible scum-partner, and I'm having to compare that with pairs for which there is evidence against them as a scum pairing, then work out which single person I think is most likely to be scum. The only thing I'm cautioning myself against is assuming that the lack of evidence against you-Didds is independent of the lack of evidence for you-Joth and/or you-EFHW. That's definitely not the case, because the lack of evidence stems from your absence in all three cases.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 30, 2021, 06:24:14 pm »

I'm really sorry I haven't been able to give this game the attention it deserves this game day. It's just been a busy week and I don't have it in me to spend my free time re-reading and meticulously case-making. Even though I know that I need to do that now.

Are you saying here that you're going to get round to finding that attention, or that you're feeling like it's a struggle? (Or both!?). I'm finding that the things you're throwing out there are usefully different from what others are saying, so I definitely feel like we'd benefit from more joth-thoughts if you can find the time :-)

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 30, 2021, 08:00:00 pm »

I don't want to make a hard accusation until I re-read and check my memory.

I more just meant "Why ash instead of space?" is a good question to be asking. And "because ash was suspecting the mafia" is a possible answer. (as is "because they wanted us to think ash was suspecting the mafia", so y'know, WIFOM reigns supreme.)
Yeah, I know. But you raise the question without exploring the answer, which seems odd.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 30, 2021, 10:01:19 pm »

I'm rapidly becoming convinced you are scum. I am not scum. The premise of this game is to find scum and exile scum. Of course you being scum doesn't inherently mean that I'm not, which is why I'm not trying to make that argument. My argument is that your push on me after I had been pretty strongly townread by I believe most people through the game once Space made that comment yesterday, combined with scum killing Ash instead of obv!town Space is a very strong narrative for scum!you.

Okay, do what the narrative. It seems like you’re saying that I’m scumming because I think you’re scummy. Who is my partner? EFHW is my most enduring scum read. Am I working with her because I keep voting for her but not convincing enough other people to follow? Or is it Joth? Who I could have followed to Ash at any time? Or Space?  I don’t see how you are putting me in a pairing that makes sense abc that alone should give you pause.

Unless you’re scum looking for the easiest misexile in which case, you’re doing great. And that is why I suspect you.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 31, 2021, 04:56:39 am »

Dylan continues to have logical, townie posts.

@Dylan, what's your scum narrative for Didds?

My comment was that you could believably be scum with multiple people because of your low levels of interaction. I was not forgetting that you reported a genuine reason for being away. I'm not saying you're more scummy-looking because you barely voted, I'm saying that you've left town with fewer chances to see anything not-scummy-looking in your voting history because there's so little voting history to look at.

I absolutely think Didds caught on to your post yesterday, and that's why ash was the target instead of you. If Didds could get you to vote me as your common denominator in your likely pairings, EFHW would be set up to hammer pretty easily without having to actually push very hard in any direction at all in case things turned against either of them. I mean look, up until the very end of yesterday, Didds was so dead set on EFHW being their strongest (only) scumread, but they never pushed in a way that actually moved any real momentum towards exiling EFHW.

Didds has been pushing EFHW hard all game. Can you show me any previous games in which scum!Didds does that sort of a tunnel on a scum-buddy? Or are you not saying here that you think the most likely pairing is Didds-EFHW?

Okay, do what the narrative. It seems like you’re saying that I’m scumming because I think you’re scummy. Who is my partner? EFHW is my most enduring scum read. Am I working with her because I keep voting for her but not convincing enough other people to follow? Or is it Joth? Who I could have followed to Ash at any time? Or Space?  I don’t see how you are putting me in a pairing that makes sense abc that alone should give you pause.

Unless you’re scum looking for the easiest misexile in which case, you’re doing great. And that is why I suspect you.

Let me try to lay out the narrative for scum!Didds that I'm seeing right now, hopefully as concisely as possible. This doesn't quote evidence, but is just a summary of what I think has happened.

Didds has listed EFHW as her biggest scumread all game, but there has been no meaningful momentum towards that exile, despite quite a few people (including now dead townies) expressing either willingness to vote or suspicion of EFHW for most of the game.  I need to go back and read to confirm the next bit, but I suspect the moments Didds mentioned the EFHW scumread were either moments where something else was hogging the thread's attention or they were done in such a way that didn't continue to apply pressure at any given moment (i.e. "my biggest scumread is EFHW, but since there's no interest in a wagon, I'll vote XYZ instead").  That kind of read, while it clearly is taking a stand on the person, does little for actually moving town to vote for your scumread.  For comparison, she and I have been pretty constantly putting pressure on each other today.  I don't remember Didds doing at any point in the game towards EFHW.  Yes, every day (or nearly so) she included them as the top scum in their reads and at times voted, but she didn't put the same effort into securing that exile that they seem to be putting in to exiling me today.  That would be very strong partner play.  You go into the end game as distanced as possible because of the "consistent" opposition, and in ELo when only a single misexile needs to go through, continue to say your partner is scum, but specify that the other person (the unfortunate townie) is the common denominator and should be exiled first.  If you succeed in exiling the townie, you win. If you don't, you successfully exiled "your biggest scumread" and are almost assured of winning the 3 person ending on that towncred.

Because of this narrative, I do pretty strongly think the team is Didds-EFHW.  I don't have a strong read on EFHW's play, so I'll go back and read to see if this makes sense at all from their perspective.

Actually, the same narrative kind of holds for Didds' play regardless of EFHW's partner status. Tunnel a townie all game, but then push a different townie as the common denominator at ELo, and give yourself two misexile options that you can push without looking bad.  Meh, now that I typed it out the not-partner version isn't nearly as compelling, because that's just scum faking scum reads, and at that point you might as well just keep pushing your tunnel. For example, if Joth is scum and ash was still alive, that's exactly what people have described as what he would have probably done there. So if EFHW is not Didds' partner, scum!Didds makes less sense overall. So that either really raises the partner likelihood there, or it really drops it and makes EFHW-joth much more likely.  I guess I really do need to go back and read EFHW next.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 31, 2021, 07:52:03 am »

Ha! I forgot you would give a scum narrative for me,  too. But if you're willing to vote her, that's good enough for me.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 20 queries.