Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 75  All

Author Topic: Mafia XV - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 161135 times)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XV - Day 3 - Spec QT available w/mini game
« Reply #1275 on: November 29, 2012, 10:35:06 pm »

Remember:  from scum's perspective, if one of them gets lynched today, they lose the game.  With Follow-the-Cop, they are doomed.
Then why in the world would QVist counterclaim?

Because you both expected that I had investigated Qvist and learned he was scum.  From your perspective, it would explain why I switched from mainly suspecting Axxle to mainly suspecting Qvist.

So Qvist figured counterclaiming was his only hope.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: November 29, 2012, 10:47:46 pm »

I don't think Volt would have pushed your wagon so hard if he were scumbuddies with you, so if he flips scum you're cleared in my mind.  Therefore asher would have to be scum.

So your theory is that I, joth, and ash voted 1-2-3 in immediate and quick succession on yuma on Day 2, all three of us being scum?

With me having replaced in after Day 2 started, and thus having no "opportunity" to converse with my supposed "scumbuddies?"

I didn't really take that into account but I think you guys got cocky since you thought just one more mislynch + some WIFOM the next day would get you the win.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: November 29, 2012, 10:49:20 pm »

I don't think Volt would have pushed your wagon so hard if he were scumbuddies with you, so if he flips scum you're cleared in my mind.  Therefore asher would have to be scum.

So your theory is that I, joth, and ash voted 1-2-3 in immediate and quick succession on yuma on Day 2, all three of us being scum?

With me having replaced in after Day 2 started, and thus having no "opportunity" to converse with my supposed "scumbuddies?"

I didn't really take that into account but I think you guys got cocky since you thought just one more mislynch + some WIFOM the next day would get you the win.

not sure who "you guys" is referring to but i am anything but cocky right now....

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: November 29, 2012, 10:53:24 pm »

Volt joth ash
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: November 29, 2012, 10:53:27 pm »

In the history of f.ds, when has the counter claimer been wrong?

In the very first game.  M-I.

He was fingered as scum.  Doesn't work.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: November 29, 2012, 10:55:53 pm »

I counter claimed in hydras and was mislynched.  Is that what you are asking?  I counter claimed you in MX (different role) and was not lying (again) and we won.

In the games I've been in, I think all fake claims have been the first claim.  Not saying that's what's happening here, but it is my experience.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: November 29, 2012, 11:01:22 pm »

I counter claimed in hydras and was mislynched.  Is that what you are asking?  I counter claimed you in MX (different role) and was not lying (again) and we won.

In the games I've been in, I think all fake claims have been the first claim.  Not saying that's what's happening here, but it is my experience.

Thats my feeling as well.  I don't think we've ever seen a counter claim other than M-1 and in that case it was the caught scum false claiming.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: November 29, 2012, 11:03:25 pm »

Notice how 100% rock-solid sure Axxle is that I am scum and Qvist is town.

Now notice how all the rest of you are unsure as to which of us (me or Qvist) is town and which is scum.

Your unsurety is how town SHOULD feel, and act, in this situation.  You don't know which of us is the liar, and you're trying to figure it out.

Why is Axxle so 100% rock-solid sure? 
There is only one explanation:  he knows which of us is town.  (Me.)  And he knows because he is scum.  (With Qvist.)

Remember:  from scum's perspective, if one of them gets lynched today, they lose the game.  With Follow-the-Cop, they are doomed.

So Axxle's only, ONLY, chance, is to convince you all that I am scum, get me lynched, and hope that you don't all lynch him on the final day after lynching Qvist tomorrow.

That's why he is trying so very hard.  It's his (and Qvist's) only hope.

Would you be willing to lynch Axxle first?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: November 29, 2012, 11:07:27 pm »

Notice how 100% rock-solid sure Axxle is that I am scum and Qvist is town.

Now notice how all the rest of you are unsure as to which of us (me or Qvist) is town and which is scum.

Your unsurety is how town SHOULD feel, and act, in this situation.  You don't know which of us is the liar, and you're trying to figure it out.

Why is Axxle so 100% rock-solid sure? 
There is only one explanation:  he knows which of us is town.  (Me.)  And he knows because he is scum.  (With Qvist.)

So Axxle's only, ONLY, chance, is to convince you all that I am scum, get me lynched, and hope that you don't all lynch him on the final day after lynching Qvist tomorrow.

That's why he is trying so very hard.  It's his (and Qvist's) only hope.

Frisk, this was my line of thinking as well when I asked if we should lynch someone other than one of the cops.  I mean, I suppose they could then investigate each other, but we know where that would go, if they both lived.  The doctor has a 50% chance of protecting the real cop.  I don't know, I think it's worth figuring out the pros and cons.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: November 29, 2012, 11:09:19 pm »

Frisk, this was my line of thinking as well when I asked if we should lynch someone other than one of the cops.  I mean, I suppose they could then investigate each other, but we know where that would go, if they both lived.  The doctor has a 50% chance of protecting the real cop.  I don't know, I think it's worth figuring out the pros and cons.

Why on earth would the cops investigate eachother?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: November 29, 2012, 11:10:37 pm »

Not lynching a cop claim is a bad idea, you're just postponing it till tomorrow.

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: November 29, 2012, 11:12:46 pm »

So we gotta figure out if we lynch one of qvist/volt and figure out which is scum, who the scumbuddy is, right?  But we might be wrong with who we lynch, meaning we would lose the investigation results.  Do we gain enough from lynching axxle to know which of the two cops is telling the truth?  I'm actually liking lynching axxle.  Only problem is if he is actually not scum...

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: November 29, 2012, 11:13:18 pm »

Not lynching a cop claim is a bad idea, you're just postponing it till tomorrow.

I'm talking to Volt.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: November 29, 2012, 11:20:19 pm »

I would prefer to lynch Qvist, because I know 100% sure he is scum.
I have 95% certainty that Axxle is scum.

Lynching Qvist is better because then I can then investigate Axxle and confirm my 95% read to 100% certainty.  Or, if it's the 5% possibility of him just playing really really really badly as town, then we figure that out without a mislynch.

I think Qvist-or-me should be resolved today, while the town has a mislynch to spare. 

So at this point - no.  The town should lynch Qvist, who is 100% guaranteed scum.  I don't see a reason to settle for less.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: November 29, 2012, 11:26:07 pm »

Thats my feeling as well.  I don't think we've ever seen a counter claim other than M-1 and in that case it was the caught scum false claiming.

That IS what happened here.  Qvist counterclaimed because he expected me to say "I investigated Qvist and he is scum, which is why I've been focused on him all Day 3."

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: November 29, 2012, 11:32:05 pm »

That IS what happened here.  Qvist counterclaimed because he expected me to say "I investigated Qvist and he is scum, which is why I've been focused on him all Day 3."

Go back and reread qvist and the number of times he calls out axxle for lurking.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: November 29, 2012, 11:33:03 pm »

Go back and reread qvist and the number of times he calls out axxle for lurking.

"Calls out," or "asks for advice?"

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: November 29, 2012, 11:36:12 pm »

I'm going to bed.  I don't want to talk too much without qvist online as well.

Qvist - tell us when I'll be available for some heart to heart.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: November 29, 2012, 11:37:05 pm »

Hydra counterclaim is an inapplicable example.  It was Lylo there; scum had less on the line.  If they won the him-or-me, they won the game.  If they lost the him-or-me, they could still win on the following day.  Therefore, it made sense for scum to affirmatively force a him-or-me by fakeclaiming out of the gate.

Here, we have a mislynch to spare.  If I were scum going out of my way to force a him-or-me, I am guaranteeing that scum loses if I lose the him-or-me; but even if I win, scum has NOT won (because I'd be lynched the following day and then we'd still have to win at Lylo).

To sum up:
- In Hydra, scum WON if they won the him-or-me, and STILL COULD WIN even if they lost it.  So it made sense for them to force the him-or-me by fakeclaiming.
- Here, scum LOSES if they lose the him-or-me, and STILL COULD LOSE even if they win it.  So it makes no sense for scum to force the him-or-me.  They were forced into it instead.  By me, as town.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: November 29, 2012, 11:46:52 pm »

Hydra counterclaim is an inapplicable example.  It was Lylo there; scum had less on the line.  If they won the him-or-me, they won the game.  If they lost the him-or-me, they could still win on the following day.  Therefore, it made sense for scum to affirmatively force a him-or-me by fakeclaiming out of the gate.

Here, we have a mislynch to spare.  If I were scum going out of my way to force a him-or-me, I am guaranteeing that scum loses if I lose the him-or-me; but even if I win, scum has NOT won (because I'd be lynched the following day and then we'd still have to win at Lylo).

To sum up:
- In Hydra, scum WON if they won the him-or-me, and STILL COULD WIN even if they lost it.  So it made sense for them to force the him-or-me by fakeclaiming.
- Here, scum LOSES if they lose the him-or-me, and STILL COULD LOSE even if they win it.  So it makes no sense for scum to force the him-or-me.  They were forced into it instead.  By me, as town.

Am I crazy for getting scummy feelings from these types of posts from VG?  They're like pre-planned arguments for why his scummy-seeming claim isn't actually scummy.  Lots of evidence and reasoning.  But then again, they are good arguments.  Bah, this sucks.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: November 29, 2012, 11:49:57 pm »

You are not crazy.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: November 30, 2012, 07:59:28 am »

Hey guys, just because I'm conf town and I can lurk whenever I feel like it doesn't give the rest of you an excuse!  We still need to find Qvist / Volt's partner.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: November 30, 2012, 08:02:34 am »

Frisk, what are your thoughts on my #1267?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: November 30, 2012, 08:41:35 am »

Oh, I have lots of thoughts on it, but I'm very interested in the non ICs. 

Why do you think QVist chose me to "fake" investigate?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: November 30, 2012, 09:17:54 am »

Why do you think QVist chose me to "fake" investigate?

One or both of the following reasons:

1.  As a new scum player, trying to answer the question "if I were Cop, who would I have investigated," Qvist reasoned that the correct answer is "whoever I claimed most often to be scum - I'd want to try to confirm my biggest scumread."  When in fact the better use of a Cop's power is on someone who is a null read to the Cop.

2.  My suspicions as voiced during Day 3 had two significant changes from Day 2:  (1) I suspected Qvist more than anyone else, even Axxle; and (2) I was convinced you (Frisk) were town.  Qvist, as scum knowing that they let the Cop get away with an investigation last night, would reasonably assume I had investigated either him or you.  By claiming to have investigated you - my own most likely Town investigatory target - Qvist could sow confusion by making it appear I was "copying" his investigation result.

#1 is the simpler explanation and thus probably more likely.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 16 queries.