Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43  All

Author Topic: RMM41: Gravity Falls Mafia (Game over! Scum won!)  (Read 107727 times)

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
Re: RMM41: Gravity Falls Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #375 on: April 09, 2017, 07:14:49 pm »

A more honest ash case would be LAL.
LAL?

I think in this case it would be lynch all lurkers.  Which seems like a bad reason to vote for ash by itself. 

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #376 on: April 09, 2017, 07:15:09 pm »

The fact that your post has a PPE implies that you worked on it almost half an hour. That's a lot of effort.

I mean, it's a long post. I have spent more than 30 minutes on many of my oneliners.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 09, 2017, 07:15:50 pm »

Very sorry for not posting today :-( I'm afraid I've rather lost track of this game for the moment... really sorry! I'll try to get my head back in gear tomorrow if there's time.

PPE: yeah, JR's right about me not being here enough.. sorry again!!

More PPEs: I just want to post this now!
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 09, 2017, 07:47:22 pm »

The fact that your post has a PPE implies that you worked on it almost half an hour. That's a lot of effort.

Yeah, it took a while, but a couple kids came up to the door selling candy to raise money for a cancer foundation in the middle of working, so there was that too :P
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 10, 2017, 03:18:20 am »

This did not go exactly as planned.

I kind of hoped that, with one conf!town and the most townread player in the game, maybe we could bait scum into joining the ash wagon. I thought that if I joined, people would feel more comfortable sheeping.

That did not happen, and I suppose that in itself is interesting enough (though for some players I guess there just wasn't enough time between me voting ash and the claim). I did think ash's follow-up post to my vote was a bit scummy, but you know, now we should definitely not lynch him. Tracker seems like a bad fakeclaim for scum for a number of reasons.

And then there is Dylan, who is still reasonably scummy. However the wagon so far makes me a bit uncomfortable as these are all people that have not give me any town vibes. If ash is town and Dylan scum, I have a hard time seeing Dylan's partners going for the bus here.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 10, 2017, 03:23:27 am »

I've put more work, finished and unfinished, into the mafia games community than any other player to date -- Robz, Eevee, et al quit for awhile; I asked for gkrieg and Faust to take on bigger roles -- and yet it's clear to me that only a minority of players want me around, either as a player or a mod.
I don't think that is true by the way. I certainly want you around, and I know a lot of people here enjoy your games, and I don't really know how many people enjoy playing with you, but I certainly do. Plus, it would be rude for you to leave before we had the chance to be scum together at least once.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 10, 2017, 03:25:18 am »

I am sorry if my little experiment caused frustration for you. I did think that having more pressure on you would also lead to insightful reactions from your side; my vote certainly had nothing to do with disliking anything about your playstyle.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 10, 2017, 06:24:24 am »

I do honestly appreciate the explanation, faust.  Sorry it didn't work -- matter of timing almost, since had I not been around at that time, you might have had the time for reactions to build.  Regardless, I do think there are some conclusions to be drawn.

I think Eevee's vote is the scummiest of the group.  RR does seem to hedge, although it's RR-ish.  Igu never appeared ready or willing to vote for me.  I'm sure there's more to be found on re-read of the few pages that came about.

On a separate note: Dylan came back and responded to stuff.  Appears to be a fair effort at catching up and looking towny.  Am going to take a closer look.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 10, 2017, 06:25:28 am »

How have we never been scum together, anyway?  Maybe it'd be unfair.

When gkrieg and I were scum together, we pulled off fake masons for the entire game.  I wonder what we'd get up to.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 10, 2017, 06:32:18 am »

Quote is there for the link to the Post.  This is Dylan's long return post.

Reread it, have come to the conclusion that it is textbook IIOA.  He makes a lot of observations but very little in the way of opinions or drawing of conclusions.  It proves he re-read and caught up, but not much else.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 10, 2017, 07:14:10 am »

I think Eevee is officially too scummy to be scum™. I don't think scum!Eevee would play like this; he's usually pretty hard to find as scum.

Also there's the item thingy. I want to look at people that we haven't discussed a lot (like silver or J Reggie).

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 10, 2017, 07:30:38 am »

I think Eevee is officially too scummy to be scum™. I don't think scum!Eevee would play like this; he's usually pretty hard to find as scum.

Also there's the item thingy. I want to look at people that we haven't discussed a lot (like silver or J Reggie).
When I got townread by so many people, I must admit I consciously tried to change my play style to create more interactions and information, not being my usual rather passive self.

Suffice to say I don't seem to be very good at that. Unvote[/b, tracker seems like a very risky fakeclaim in a RMM day 1, it has potential to really help us with verifying or (falsifying) future claims.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 10, 2017, 07:30:49 am »

Unvote

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 10, 2017, 08:20:56 am »

Looking at J Reggie. 15 posts, should be quick. The first notable thing:

Is it possible that LL would include mimes?  Otherwise I think there's a pretty good case on RR already.
I asked how this post makes sense and never got an answer. Because it really does not make a lot of sense. Plus, third party awareness is generally a bit more of a scum thing.

Votes ash for not explaining votes, which is whatever. Some back and forth with RR.

I don't think Eevee's claim makes him any more towny during the day. RR playing up his scumslip as a joke makes him more scummy. Jake is less crazy than I remember :(. And I don't see what's so scummy about Dylan's post.
First, what does "towny during the day" even mean...? Are people less or more towny at night or what? Why does Eevee's claim not make him more towny?

The second part is no less baffling. If you think RR's thing was a scumslip, then uh he's scum and what he plays it up as does not really matter. Otherwise it's not a scumslip, which means it was a joke, and cannot be "played up as a joke". Especially weird considering Reggie has previously stated that he thought RR was doing the same thing he did in that one game.

Yeah, I think Dylan is slightly scummy for totally ignoring the wagon.
This is more of sheeping popular opinions. I liked him better when he did not understand why Dylan is scummy.

I'm only voting for you because I think you're most likely to be scum.
The original vote was only because ash did not explain his votes, which he since did. So can you please explain why you think he is the most scummy?

Vote: J Reggie As good a place as any to park my vote for now.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 10, 2017, 08:46:52 am »

J Reggie is a vote I can believe in.

Vote: J Reggie

Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 10, 2017, 08:51:49 am »

Vote: J Reggie

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 10, 2017, 08:52:48 am »

Lal the Faust sheeping is real this game.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM41: Gravity Falls Mafia (PMs are out! N0!)
« Reply #392 on: April 10, 2017, 08:56:23 am »

Vote Count 1.6

iguanaiguana (1): SpaceAnemone
J Reggie (4): Awaclus, faust, iguanaiguana, Eevee
ashersky (2) J Reggie, gkrieg13
Dylan32 (3): Roadrunner7671, ashersky, silverspawn
Eevee (1): Dylan32

Not Voting (1): JaketheBaseballGod22

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 ends Tuesday, 11th Apr at 3pm FT.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 10, 2017, 10:00:59 am »

Ah, look, we only have a bit over a day left.

We will need some serious contributions form Space, J Reggie and RR very soon.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 10, 2017, 10:01:48 am »

I won't be around for the deadline I'm afraid. Will be semi-VLA tomorrow.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #395 on: April 10, 2017, 10:09:37 am »

Is it possible that LL would include mimes?  Otherwise I think there's a pretty good case on RR already.
I asked how this post makes sense and never got an answer. Because it really does not make a lot of sense. Plus, third party awareness is generally a bit more of a scum thing.

I felt like RR was being intentionally scummy in a way that made the most sense if he was trying to get quicklynched. It's probably a crazy idea but whatever.

I don't think Eevee's claim makes him any more towny during the day. RR playing up his scumslip as a joke makes him more scummy. Jake is less crazy than I remember :(. And I don't see what's so scummy about Dylan's post.
First, what does "towny during the day" even mean...? Are people less or more towny at night or what? Why does Eevee's claim not make him more towny?

The second part is no less baffling. If you think RR's thing was a scumslip, then uh he's scum and what he plays it up as does not really matter. Otherwise it's not a scumslip, which means it was a joke, and cannot be "played up as a joke". Especially weird considering Reggie has previously stated that he thought RR was doing the same thing he did in that one game.

I was hoping someone would ask me about this. I assumed you all either understood or didn't care. What I meant was I don't think "Eevee it's town because he made this claim", but I do think if a tracker sees him targeting the nk or whatever, they shouldn't immediately think he's scum.

And I felt like RR had made that scumslip, regretted it, and then once people started to think it was a joke, he kept repeating us to convince us of that. But seeing his further posts I'm not so sure of that.

This is more of sheeping popular opinions. I liked him better when he did not understand why Dylan is scummy.

As I explained before, this post was kind of bait. I was hoping Dylan would come back on, see people saying this, and freak out. But that didn't happen so I'm not sure what to think.

I'm only voting for you because I think you're most likely to be scum.
The original vote was only because ash did not explain his votes, which he since did. So can you please explain why you think he is the most scummy?.

I guess I must have seen other people saying things but not said them myself. I think I'm guilty of that a lot so far this game. I really don't like how ash is so confrontational, especially of the IC. There's no reason to do that. And I feel like he's less solvy than he is as town.

PPE uh oh

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #396 on: April 10, 2017, 10:11:03 am »

I'd like to know why space is voting for ii.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 10, 2017, 10:13:03 am »

1. SpaceAnemone-Pretty null here, I don't really remember too much about SA
3. Dylan32-I still don't like that vote he put on ashersky, and I don't really like the reaction to his wagon. That being said, his wagon picked up fairly quickly, so that's in his favor slightly I guess.
4. IDon'tPlayThisGame-Don't really remember much from them either.
5. J Reggie-Seems scummy, which means J Reggie hasn't bee hacked by someone else and replaced. don't really want to vote here though.
6. Jake-I don't know. A little hedgy, but that's not really alignment inductive. Don't want to vote here.
8. faust-Taking a leadership role, I actually think this is sort of scummy. Why would you be trying to lead instead of encouraging the IC to do so?
9. silverspawn-Null.
10. iguanaiguana-Pretty null as well. Not a fan of his rapid changing of votes, but it's D1 and it's iguanaiguana.
11. Awaclus-Pretty null.
12. ashersky-Very ashersky like. I'm not actually towny on him, but I definitely don't want to lynch him because he's not scummy, and a tracker is an asset. ashersky as a player is an asset too.
PPE 2
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 10, 2017, 10:23:04 am »

I felt like RR was being intentionally scummy in a way that made the most sense if he was trying to get quicklynched. It's probably a crazy idea but whatever.
Sure, but how did you reach the conclusion that scum!RR would be intentionally scummy?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 10, 2017, 10:25:14 am »

As I explained before, this post was kind of bait. I was hoping Dylan would come back on, see people saying this, and freak out. But that didn't happen so I'm not sure what to think.
How would that have been a desirable outcome?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.