Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43  All

Author Topic: RMM41: Gravity Falls Mafia (Game over! Scum won!)  (Read 107727 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: RMM41: Gravity Falls Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #300 on: April 07, 2017, 02:00:02 pm »

How about no lynch?  We always talk but don't do it for even number RMMs.

PPS would back me.
Well I never tak about it.

Also the fact that we have an IC makes no lynch even worse.

An IC who has worse reads than everyone (by default) and isn't interested in the game does not make no lynch worse.  I think it'd be the best scenario where we have day start with the IC gone and a night's worth of results.

I'm definitely interested in this game.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 07, 2017, 02:15:15 pm »

I guess I'm only making these points to express frustration, and to express that I don't think it's very justifiable to scumread people who've decided to use RR's weird behaviour as a reason to vote.
You are frustrated with RR? Or with me?

Not you, certainly. Mainly just with the fact that people say silly/"humorous" things and then don't answer direct questions with unambiguous answers in a way that could clear up the uncertainty. This may be a frustration that extends beyond mafia, too ;-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 07, 2017, 02:31:36 pm »

Yeah I think i'll pass on the no lynch idea.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 07, 2017, 02:36:41 pm »

Sorry I haven't been engaged. Last weekend consisted of me backing out of all my prior commitments to work on homework and still ending up staying up til 5:30 am Tuesday morning before the work was due.  Plus, whatever scraps of free time I've had to do domimion/f.ds related stuff this week has almost entirely been dedicated to finishing up several league matches here during the last week of the season (or the week after it, whichever the case may be).  That season is done, the worst part of my schedule (as far as I can tell so far) is over, and I'm back.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 07, 2017, 04:20:10 pm »

I disagree that commenting on the RR non-situation shouldn't count as contributing. People have opinions on it, some people had different opinions, and therefore it was useful to have people talk about it.

I don't know whether LL would randomize or pick item assignments, but I think either way Eevee is townie for sharing what he has.  I don't think scum would probably even think about sharing that info since they might assume having anti-town items is a given for scum.  Plus, with Eevee saying that he would be a good target for a cop, I don't think scum would volunteer for that.  Although I guess if they have like a ninja role or some ability that screws with cop results, they might see that as a way to become a pseudo-IC.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 07, 2017, 04:27:24 pm »

I disagree that commenting on the RR non-situation shouldn't count as contributing.
You definitely exceeded the permitted quota of negations per character there.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 07, 2017, 04:30:26 pm »

If you call the RR stuff a non-situation, then why are you voting for him? Seems very much like a situation to me.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 07, 2017, 04:34:47 pm »

Plus, with Eevee saying that he would be a good target for a cop, I don't think scum would volunteer for that.
I think you should reread what Eevee's claim means. His claim means he's the second-worst Cop target in the game.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 07, 2017, 10:56:45 pm »

If you call the RR stuff a non-situation, then why are you voting for him? Seems very much like a situation to me.

I think he copy pasted or word for word retyped a phrase I used earlier without quoting it. I was the one who called it a non-situation.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 08, 2017, 04:29:09 am »

So what do people think about Dylan coming in and commenting on every discussion we had, but completely ignoring the fact the he's the leading wagon?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 08, 2017, 04:30:13 am »

I think he copy pasted or word for word retyped a phrase I used earlier without quoting it. I was the one who called it a non-situation.
Yeah, but why would he reuse that word if he does not think it's a non-situation? I know I wouldn't call it that.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 08, 2017, 06:48:09 am »

So what do people think about Dylan coming in and commenting on every discussion we had, but completely ignoring the fact the he's the leading wagon?
For me, as scum I make a conscious effor to be nonchalant about such things, whereas no filter town me is more likely to express frustration over it.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #312 on: April 08, 2017, 12:42:31 pm »

Yeah, I think Dylan is slightly scummy for totally ignoring the wagon.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 08, 2017, 01:36:44 pm »

Ok here is my IC reread:

RR does a ton of stupid jokey stuff.  Once again, I think it is anti-town, and he should probably stop because it gets people way off-track, and it doesn't look like he is doing to see people's reactions but just to do it.  But I think he does it as town more often.  Although he does play like this as scum sometimes.  Still, townie on RR.

iguana also seems like his care-free town self.

Space looking into the RR thing of exactly three scum seems pretty townie from them. 

Awaclus also seems townie from his Awaclusness.

Jake voting for RR also seems townie from him.

Oh ya, Eevee also seems townie from the item thing and from the posts in general.  '

faust just seems fausty. Still null from him.

J Reggie seems null so far.   His posts about voting and such are pretty much just informational.

Dylan is surprisingly absent from the entire game.

@faust, why do you feel ash is townie?  I am just about to put together a case on him.

silver also seems to be in the could-be-scum bucket for right now.

Yeah, I didn't really think anything about it the first time, but bringing it up again is at best anti-town and at worst completely scummy. vote: RR

Interesting that this quote shows that Dylan has at least been following along in the game, but just not posting.  This isn't super scummy from him, because he usually follows along and posts as scum.

Space asking for how other people read RR is kind of strange. 

Yeah, I didn't really think anything about it the first time, but bringing it up again is at best anti-town and at worst completely scummy. vote: RR

Is this what people are scumreading?

I do feel like RR has been a bit odd. He opened with a vote on our IC, and seems to be drawing out this "exactly three scums" thing in a very odd manner. Either he has no setup information and is making a really bad joke, or he has extra information as town (in which case why not just imply it's something his role knows, instead of pretending it's some kind of joke?), or he's scum and knows how many partners he has.

Are the people who read RR better than I do really sure he's being townie?

I'm not really sure how to read it.

I'm gonna Unvote on RR and here's why. I think scum RR would most definitely not  play this way. also (hot take here) RR may have actually claimed at the start before realizing he made a mistake doing it and is now trying to cover it up as a joke. To make the joke more believable he's playing with a "carefree" attitude  to make the joke more believable. <-- (probably crazy untrue conspiracy theory but MaYbE???)

I like this from Jake.

I feel like there is not a lot of content given the number of posts posted.  Including from me.

Might be normal, but just a feeling.  Like, nothing really to garner reactions or responses.

If we had an IC, they could really step up and lead here.  Oh well.

This just seems weird from ash.  Why would you goad the IC?  This is part of what gives me my scum read on ash.  This is something he does as scum more than town.

Jake, Dylan, Space, J Reggie, Ash, Awaclus are all lurky.

Awaclus lurking and joke posting is normal.
Early game Ash lurking is not unusual. I want to see more content from the others.

Commenting on the Roadrunner non-situation shouldn't count as ccontributing- that is how scum can easily hide with meaningless contributions.

Those are my only thoughts.  Nothing else to go off of yet from my perspective at least.

Edit: space just posted something.

This is townie from iguana.  Iguana likes to look like he isn't trying that hard, but actually does try to get good reads.

Space is mildly towny.

I guess I'm only making these points to express frustration, and to express that I don't think it's very justifiable to scumread people who've decided to use RR's weird behaviour as a reason to vote.
You are frustrated with RR? Or with me?

I think it's possible to get information on alignment form the way people reacted to the RR thing, and it confuses me that you disagree.

What has made Space mildly townie?  It seems like they are just going along with what other people are saying, instead of actually doing the work themselves.

I'm also surprised that ash brings up a no-lynch with an IC.  It just seems like a terrible idea.

I disagree that commenting on the RR non-situation shouldn't count as contributing. People have opinions on it, some people had different opinions, and therefore it was useful to have people talk about it.

I don't know whether LL would randomize or pick item assignments, but I think either way Eevee is townie for sharing what he has.  I don't think scum would probably even think about sharing that info since they might assume having anti-town items is a given for scum.  Plus, with Eevee saying that he would be a good target for a cop, I don't think scum would volunteer for that.  Although I guess if they have like a ninja role or some ability that screws with cop results, they might see that as a way to become a pseudo-IC.

Sort of scummy that Dylan knows exactly what is going on in the game but doesn't comment more than this.  I mean if I had to pick out the main points from the game so far, these would be the two.  Shows he has been following but not commenting.

So that is my reread of the game.  I'll put together a case on ash next.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 08, 2017, 01:44:34 pm »

Ash only has 9 posts this whole game:

vote: faust

vote: silverspawn

unvote

I should be more available now.  Was indisposed for the past few days, am recovering. 

I believe Eevee's item claim as existing.  Not sure if it is alignment-indicative, but it was protown to claim.

I know the flavor a bit.  Funny cartoon.

vote: dylan

I feel like there is not a lot of content given the number of posts posted.  Including from me.

Might be normal, but just a feeling.  Like, nothing really to garner reactions or responses.

PPS would back me.

I dislike the idea of a no lynch since it's a big game. What reasons would there be to do one?

The usual arguments for are that RMMs are about nights, so having a night before the game "starts" is generally more beneficial.

Even numbers means we can "afford" a day without a lynch without affecting LYLO.

Having an IC can change this if we think he's just the NK tonight.

PPS would back me.

An IC who has worse reads than everyone (by default) and isn't interested in the game does not make no lynch worse.  I think it'd be the best scenario where we have day start with the IC gone and a night's worth of results.

So all ash has done this game is voted for 3 people, while giving out one town read, then talking about this no lynch stuff.  Ash does like crazy setup stuff, but I feel like he at least has a little more interaction with people and actual reads by this point. 

Also his points that the IC has worse reads that everyone isn't really true.  It means that an average IC will have slightly worse reads (I mean at this point it is like super slightly worse) than average town (meaning they are just getting reads at random).  But at this point, having an IC is definitely better than not having an IC, and not having any day information from wagons and such.

So even if he has been caught up in stuff IRL, he still just doesn't have any interactions with people.  Not explaining votes is fine when you are being somewhat active, but when that is almost half of what you post, and then don't post about anything that is going on in the game, it starts to be pretty scummy.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 08, 2017, 01:57:56 pm »

Also Happy Birthday Space!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 08, 2017, 02:45:59 pm »

Vote: ash

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 08, 2017, 03:17:09 pm »

Yeah I was using your wording. I like taking what people say and using it in an ironic/tongue-in-cheek type of way, so I do agree that a "non-situation" is not the right way to describe this, and the contradiction between my description of it and the use of "non-situation"--which you so astutely picked up on, faust--proves my point that it was actually more important than what iguana tried to say. So my word choice did exactly what I meant for it to do.

I'm sorry I'm not getting bent out of shape about being the leading early game wagon.  I've been mislynched so much recently (and correctly lynched once) that I'm just sort of used to being under suspicion.  If this were close to the deadling or intent to lynch or something more, I would be seriously fighting right now, because it would not be good for town to lynch me.  But I haven't seen anyone give a really good reason for being on me yet, so I didn't think it was a big deal.  I'm going to go through and reread how it formed to get a better idea of who might be scum on wagon, because there's probably at least one, but I've got a bunch of people coming over in a couple minutes, so I won't have time for a while today.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 08, 2017, 03:30:20 pm »

Re: gkrieg's big reread post comments about me (not quoting for space)

Yes I have had time to follow along. I haven't had a ton of time to put together thoughts that I thought were worth posting besides what I have said. My scum games have easily been my most active games early in D1, with the exception of the squid girl where I ended up accidentally driving a mislynch after misreading basically everybody except you. So yeah I didn't mean to be as absent as I've been, but I didn't want to repeat my performance in squid girl...

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 08, 2017, 08:35:04 pm »

Also Happy Birthday Space!

Thank you! :-) Sorry that birthday has translated to not-really-doing-forum day as well.

Confusing moment of my super-awesome day: my friend got us tickets to a superb London Philharmonic concert this evening, and there's a bit near the end of Mahler 8 where they start singing about Faust. I'm now so used to faust being a mafia player that other meanings are very much secondary :-P
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 08, 2017, 08:43:50 pm »

Ash only has 9 posts this whole game:

vote: faust

vote: silverspawn

unvote

I should be more available now.  Was indisposed for the past few days, am recovering. 

I believe Eevee's item claim as existing.  Not sure if it is alignment-indicative, but it was protown to claim.

I know the flavor a bit.  Funny cartoon.

vote: dylan

PPS would back me.

I dislike the idea of a no lynch since it's a big game. What reasons would there be to do one?

The usual arguments for are that RMMs are about nights, so having a night before the game "starts" is generally more beneficial.

Even numbers means we can "afford" a day without a lynch without affecting LYLO.

Having an IC can change this if we think he's just the NK tonight.

PPS would back me.

So all ash has done this game is voted for 3 people, while giving out one town read, then talking about this no lynch stuff.  Ash does like crazy setup stuff, but I feel like he at least has a little more interaction with people and actual reads by this point. 

Also his points that the IC has worse reads that everyone isn't really true.  It means that an average IC will have slightly worse reads (I mean at this point it is like super slightly worse) than average town (meaning they are just getting reads at random).  But at this point, having an IC is definitely better than not having an IC, and not having any day information from wagons and such.

So even if he has been caught up in stuff IRL, he still just doesn't have any interactions with people.  Not explaining votes is fine when you are being somewhat active, but when that is almost half of what you post, and then don't post about anything that is going on in the game, it starts to be pretty scummy.
Vote: Ash
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 08, 2017, 11:00:27 pm »

Not convinced to vote Ash at all.  More to say tomorrow maybe.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 08, 2017, 11:36:38 pm »

Not convinced to vote Ash at all.  More to say tomorrow maybe.
I'm here as well. I recently became of the opinion that Ash is possibly the best town player on this forum because of the way he plays. From what I remember, this just looks like slightlybusy!Ash, not town!Ash or scum!Ash
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 09, 2017, 12:56:19 am »

ash case is super weak.

What's the deal with dylan? The words "beep beep beep" where mentioned (by me) as I just read his posts. I conclude (because I said them) that it was meant to symbolize my scum radar going off.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 09, 2017, 04:17:34 am »

Yes. That is what he does as town usually. That is what he would try to emulate as scum. The fact that he does not is townie if anything (though busy!scum is of course an option as well).

Okay, whatever, but how does this have anything to do with ash's alignment?

Why?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 15 queries.