Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 58  All

Author Topic: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 128427 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #675 on: June 11, 2016, 09:05:27 am »

Vote: Haddock
Any reasons at all?  Can you contribute something more meaningful than this?

I get that you and I are the only wagons, but this is the opportunity to change that. 

I've made my stance quite clear, Jimmm is not my first choice lynch.  The dating thing seems to be distorting votes quite a bit, making possible alternate wagons look less possible than they actually are.  Several people have mentioned that they're open to an iguana lynch, which I could go for.   Let's actually have some movement here.  I am a terrible lynch.  Jimmm is better than me but not amazing.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 11, 2016, 09:07:07 am »

I will be catching up here tonight.
This never happened.  Can we get something from you, ADK?  I think you're towny here, so here's my request to you: move your vote.  The last thing I want is a last-minute swing to me, here.  When the deadline is controlling the lynch, there are more opportunities for last minute nonsense.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 11, 2016, 09:07:24 am »

I've made my stance quite clear, Jimmm is not my first choice lynch.  The dating thing seems to be distorting votes quite a bit, making possible alternate wagons look less possible than they actually are.  Several people have mentioned that they're open to an iguana lynch, which I could go for.   Let's actually have some movement here.  I am a terrible lynch.  Jimmm is better than me but not amazing.

I would prefer an Awaclus lynch, but you won't support that. That leaves me little choice but to vote for you. iguana is towny and I don't want him lynched.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 11, 2016, 09:08:36 am »

I would prefer an Awaclus lynch, but you won't support that. That leaves me little choice but to vote for you. iguana is towny and I don't want him lynched.
I CAN'T support that.  How is this not obvious?  He's my date.

There are also other options.  What do you think of ced?  gkrieg?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 11, 2016, 09:51:33 am »

I really want to know what kind of weird-ass scum narrative you came up with for these posts of mine that you found strange.

You made like four different posts so I'll condense my response into a reply to this one.

I think the scum narrative for both things is obvious:

-Self-meta posts are often moot points at best. Obviously a scum doing self-meta can just "re-interpret" their meta so that it fits their play this game. Hence, when you use "solvy" to describe both, I'm thinking that this is maybe what you're doing. That said, your defense that one was "solvy the entire game" and the other one was "solvy until I get emotional" does make sense in the context of your self-meta posts.

-The "silver and faust are 100% in agreement" thing is noncommittal. I'll throw out the 100% thing - I think it was hyperbolic, but you have evidence behind your words, so sure. The "interesting" conclusion was the main thing I didn't like. Saying an aspect of someone's play is "interesting" sort of implies you find it scummy but might not mean that at all. That's what scum like to do - say something ambiguous now so you can clarify it later. I would also argue that if it is something you will "keep in mind for sure down the road" and if you think that "the act of observing a behavior manipulates the behavior", then maybe you should have kept the "100% in agreement" thing to yourself for now, rather than posted it in thread.
There's a second noncommittal aspect, actually. Your original post said that it was both silver and faust agreeing with eachother. Yet your post evidence is only of silver's posting. Why did you say that "[they] are in agreement" rather than "silver is agreeing with faust" originally?

This post is actually a good idea.  It wouldn't hurt to say who we plan on requesting before the day is over.

Uh, that's not what I said.

Unvote Seprix

Alright, so by my watch it's ~6.5 hours til the deadline. I should be online until then.

Looking back on Seprix's defense of my case, I'm liking him a lot more. He did have a more believable townie motive than what I thought for one of his posts, and that's really a big point in his favour if that comes to him naturally.

Awaclus might be increasingly looking like a caricature, but I don't think I want to lynch him for that. I feel it might be easier to read him a day or two down the line.

Jimmmmm's a lurker lynch. Lurker lynches are usually pretty janky, but man, if he's gonna lurk like this the whole game then he's a good fallback lynch. That said, I think someone mentioned earlier something along the lines of Jimmm and day one being a nonbo, and if that's the case I'd like to wait on that too.

All considered, I'd really like to vote iguana, but at this stage it's pointless of course. Actually, it's looking increasingly likely that my vote is only going to count on Haddock. Hmm. I haven't really read his recent posts (in particular his game analysis post) in-depth yet. I'll go and do that.

You are now officially completely full of crap and either scum or stupid. Enjoy your day.

For one because I TOLD you in our QT that I would move my vote to any of your 4 scumreads that you posted earlier in the thread, and yet you are unvoting a few hours from the deadline so that we can accomplish NOTHING because of a dumbass scum read on me.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 11, 2016, 09:57:21 am »

Blah,

Hey guys, I am going to /out again. I'm really sorry. I keep having fights with my wife about how much time I am spending on the computer. She comes from a family where she was only allowed to spend 30 minutes a day on a computer and she think it's crazy that I could spend as much time as I do playing games on here.

She gets mad at me all the time now and the fun of mafia (which is often more frustrating than fun anyway) is not worth the domestic turmoil it's bringing into my life.

Sorry I've been so flaky.

I'm town BTW, don't kill my sub.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 11, 2016, 09:59:20 am »

I CAN'T support that.  How is this not obvious?  He's my date.

There are also other options.  What do you think of ced?  gkrieg?

True. I wasn't aware of teams. Still; you defended Awaclus earlier, and not because he's your date.

ced could well be scum, but I think his slacking off during the mid-game is more likely towny . Scum's more eager to make a good impression.

gkrieg read towny to me. He may be wrong, but I think he's genuinely wrong.

Basically my other other candidates are ADK and silver. Well silver's my date, so that is not a great place for my vote to be at. And I tried to get an ADK wagon earlier; it didn't work. Plus, silver already stated he wouldn't vote for him, so I won't be able to make an effective vote happen there.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 11, 2016, 10:00:28 am »

Blah,

Hey guys, I am going to /out again. I'm really sorry. I keep having fights with my wife about how much time I am spending on the computer. She comes from a family where she was only allowed to spend 30 minutes a day on a computer and she think it's crazy that I could spend as much time as I do playing games on here.

She gets mad at me all the time now and the fun of mafia (which is often more frustrating than fun anyway) is not worth the domestic turmoil it's bringing into my life.

Sorry I've been so flaky.

I'm town BTW, don't kill my sub.

I've been there.

But you really shouldn't /out in the thread. This kind of thing is best dealt with via PMs.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 11, 2016, 10:00:50 am »

mhhh

ced

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 11, 2016, 10:09:06 am »

So FTR I think that faust's 587 presents a good case on Haddock.

As for Haddock's more recent posting:
There's an obvious self-survival motive at work here (e.g. voting Jimmmmm), but I think that's a given regardless of alignment. There's something else driving Haddock's posts here, though: he's trying to solve the game. 675 is insightful in this regard. The voting restrictions are making a mess of the deadline situation, for example me not being able to productively vote iguana. He's not just saying that though - he is also actively trying to scumhunt outside of just going for Jimmmmm.

Jimmmmm and Awaclus meanwhile are mainly preoccupied with self-survival votes. In Jimmm's case, this goes back further. I did note his previous posts were complaining about Lynch all Lurkers when he got the first two votes from RR/Joseph.

Vote Jimmmmm

Lurker lynches suck but I really don't like the alternatives.

EWP: Man. If you're gonna flame me iguana, then I don't think I want to play.

EWP2: Oh.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 11, 2016, 10:10:43 am »

If it's between Haddock and Jimmmm, I'd lynch Jimmmm.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 11, 2016, 10:11:04 am »

Vote Jimmmmm

Won't count without a colon.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 11, 2016, 10:13:42 am »

vote: Jimmmm

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 11, 2016, 10:14:21 am »

it's not bad. The same thing that makes an Awaclus lynch good here also applies for Jimmmmm.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 11, 2016, 10:17:22 am »

it's not bad. The same thing that makes an Awaclus lynch good here also applies for Jimmmmm.

Except that a bunch of scummy people are voting for Jimmmmm.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: June 11, 2016, 10:20:40 am »

Not with you there. towny, semi-IC, towny, neutral, scummy, IC (me).

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 11, 2016, 10:20:49 am »

Request that the lynching rules are added to the OP.

I know they're in the thread somewhere, but looking for them is tiresome.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 11, 2016, 10:23:11 am »

Awaclus and I are the only people on Jimm's wagon for whom you have expressed a scumread.  That's not really a bunch.  And I have repeatedly indicated that I would rather lynch someone else.

PPE silver - the "scummy" in that list.  Is that ced?  (He still hasn't officially voted)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 11, 2016, 10:24:18 am »

Awaclus and I are the only people on Jimm's wagon for whom you have expressed a scumread.  That's not really a bunch.  And I have repeatedly indicated that I would rather lynch someone else.

PPE silver - the "scummy" in that list.  Is that ced?  (He still hasn't officially voted)

I've said that RR is scummy before. That's three scummy guys in a game where I have townreads on most people, and thus a bunch.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 11, 2016, 10:25:05 am »

If noone on the Jimmmmm wagon moves off, then it is guaranteed to succeed. So I think it's time for a claim.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 11, 2016, 10:26:20 am »

And, people on the Jimmmmm wagon: Who would you switch to?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 11, 2016, 10:30:26 am »

no, that was neutral. The scummy was awaclus.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 11, 2016, 10:31:00 am »

And, people on the Jimmmmm wagon: Who would you switch to?
gkrieg, ced, Iguana.  In that order of preference.  Iguana's outing looks towny, but doing it in thread could be an AtE attempt to protect whoever replaces him.  Maybe.  Still, his response pulls him townier in my book.  In fact, no.  I think iguana's recent stuff brings him below Jimmm in my lynch preferences.

Maaaaayyyybbbbeeeee Seprix.

PPE. Silver.  Ok.  Sorry, I just couldn't figure out what order you were using.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 11, 2016, 10:32:42 am »

Vote Jimmmmm

Won't count without a colon.

Wrong; EFHW counted a vote like that before.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 11, 2016, 10:35:17 am »

Since Haddock is apparently not a viable option, vote: ADK
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 20 queries.