Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 58  All

Author Topic: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 128420 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #275 on: June 05, 2016, 11:59:47 pm »

Ugh, that is a pretty big townslip. I have seen scum fake townslips, and I don't think faust is incapable of it, but unvote for now.

Lame.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 06, 2016, 12:00:28 am »

vote: Haddock

Why not, let's get the first real vote.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2016, 12:18:13 am »

Ugh, that is a pretty big townslip. I have seen scum fake townslips, and I don't think faust is incapable of it, but unvote for now.

Lame.

What's the Townslip?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #278 on: June 06, 2016, 04:53:32 am »

And yes we play to win, but I want to play to win and in the "best" way possible.

If you think there is a "best" way to win, you are not playing for the win, you are a scrub.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 06, 2016, 05:06:14 am »

Not a bad case. Haddock, what is your response to this?
I don't know exactly which point you're referring to, so let me deal with the ones I remember, 1 by 1.

First, faust is saying that town reading him is the safe option. Well that's just not true this game. Faust was being scum read by several people. I wanted to head that off. Going against the grain like that is rarely the safe play.

Second, my reads on iguana and ced. Well, I'm phone posting so I haven't been able to explain them much. I'll try to put something more concrete together this evening.

Finally, apparently my "this is weak" talk is scummy? Yeah, no. Not at all. Anyone who has played with d1!me should know better than to think that.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 06, 2016, 05:07:22 am »

In other news, I am being found scummy on d1. And all is right with the world again. 
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

ced

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 06, 2016, 05:27:05 am »

I'm here! I think faust is town.  Especially with silvers backing. I mean maybe they're both scum, but eh.

Just caught up and read everything.  I may have missed bits and pieces (on phone) but my main takeaway here is a scummy vibe I'm getting from iguana. His posts just don't seem like him somehow. I'm aware this is super weak. But it's what I got. vote: iguana

Im null-scum on ced. But would like to leave that for a while, see some more of ced's play. (Pronoun, ced? )

I'm a guy.
This is... low on analysis and high on feels. I must admit I was informed you were usually quite analytical.
EWP: I suppose I'll await your concrete.

The whole daychat thing makes my mod outguessing game a whole lot worse though... it still has validity, but much less than I thought.

That's uh, pretty on-the-nose. Honestly, this is like one time that I'd really really like to know details of faust's meta, but these 3 posts would be strikingly town for most people that I've played with.

Unvote faust

Re: the QTs in spec chat thing. You make the assumption that the mod would keep the spec chat spoiler-free. Is that a thing here? It's not something I'm familiar with.

Something to note (I don't think anyone else has mentioned this): in the case that there are no scum pairs, scum has veto power over 3 of the 6 votes. Which would mean we can't lynch correctly before deadline without a bus.

That's something I considered in the pregame. People partnered with someone from the opposite alignment may not have a vote when it matters. Hence, due to the deadline lynch rules, what is significant is the majority of the people partnered with the same alignment as them. However I don't think it matters, since we should always be lynching by majority decision and anyone who gets in the way of that is scummy.

Woh, nice slip there ^^

Welp, now that I know Faust is town, I feel comfortable with a symbolic Vote: ced

I encourage the other dating pairs to kill my scum buddying partner.

Anything to add to this? I thought your buddying accusation was a bit rich, considering what you've posted in our chat.

So I say something about scum set-ups, everyone gets mad. But Jimmmmm can say something and nobody gets pissed.

What did you say about scum setups?

No, not really. I was addressing ADK's point, which I thought was incorrect. However, your overreaction to some votes on you spurred my vote, but then the whole 'townslip' thing happened, and I don't think it's as terribly relevant as SS thinks it is, but whatever.

How does this bolded bit jive with your post #166?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 06, 2016, 05:47:10 am »

And yes we play to win, but I want to play to win and in the "best" way possible.

If you think there is a "best" way to win, you are not playing for the win, you are a scrub.

You are free to take this discussion and name-calling somewhere else. We're trying to play a game here, you know. And to win.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #283 on: June 06, 2016, 05:55:55 am »

You are free to take this discussion and name-calling somewhere else. We're trying to play a game here, you know. And to win.

It's not name-calling, that's just the definition of the word in the context of playing to win. Having this discussion is crucial to winning this game, and unfortunately I'm not free to take it somewhere else because the rules of the game prohibit talking about it elsewhere.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 06, 2016, 06:03:19 am »

It's not name-calling, that's just the definition of the word in the context of playing to win. Having this discussion is crucial to winning this game, and unfortunately I'm not free to take it somewhere else because the rules of the game prohibit talking about it elsewhere.

The mere fact that someone else used the same term to discredit his opponents before doesn't make it a definition.

What's crucial to winning the game is meaningful interaction. Which you fail to give. If anything, you are not the one playing to win, you're just playing to prove a point. And not even that goes very well.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #285 on: June 06, 2016, 06:08:24 am »

The mere fact that someone else used the same term to discredit his opponents before doesn't make it a definition.

The fact that the term has that meaning practically every time it is used in the context of playing to win, which happens pretty often and by a lot of different people, does make it a definition.

What's crucial to winning the game is meaningful interaction. Which you fail to give. If anything, you are not the one playing to win, you're just playing to prove a point. And not even that goes very well.

What's crucial to winning the game is that town doesn't make any mistakes, which I'm contributing towards.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 06, 2016, 11:29:07 am »

Lame.

Wait, you think townslips are lame? vote: ADK
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 06, 2016, 11:32:00 am »

What's crucial to winning the game is that town doesn't make any mistakes, which I'm contributing towards.

You can't make mistakes if you're not interacting with others.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 06, 2016, 11:55:48 am »

I think Faust set that slip up, but whatever.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 06, 2016, 11:55:54 am »

Lame.

What's the Townslip?

The "oh scum has daychat" thing.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 06, 2016, 11:56:14 am »

It doesn't read that way to me.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 06, 2016, 11:56:42 am »

Also, if you think that, why aren't you voting for him?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 06, 2016, 12:07:20 pm »

Lame.

Why is ADK ignoring this?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 06, 2016, 12:14:11 pm »

Lame.

Why is ADK ignoring this?

Why wouldn't he? I didn't think that was serious.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 06, 2016, 12:16:17 pm »

It 100% was.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 06, 2016, 12:18:01 pm »

It 100% was.
Then what does it mean?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 06, 2016, 12:29:45 pm »

It 100% was.
Then what does it mean?

Scumslip. ADK was careless and wrote 'lame'. If he was town, he would be happy that there's one less person to consider.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 06, 2016, 12:43:09 pm »

It 100% was.
Then what does it mean?

Scumslip. ADK was careless and wrote 'lame'. If he was town, he would be happy that there's one less person to consider.

Oh please. ADK was obviously annoyed that his read on me was wrong.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 06, 2016, 12:50:21 pm »

It 100% was.
Then what does it mean?

Oh please. ADK was obviously annoyed that his read on me was wrong.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 06, 2016, 01:14:30 pm »

You hate Faust so much that you'd rather lynch him as town than win?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.