Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 259  All

Author Topic: Homage to the Best Card  (Read 2312764 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10774
    • View Profile
Re: Homage to the Best Card
« Reply #2375 on: July 19, 2013, 09:13:53 am »
+1

Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

yed

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: yed
  • Respect: +571
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: July 19, 2013, 09:34:47 am »
+5

Easy puzzle: What other key card is in the Kingdom? Solution is in this game with RTT. Afterwards we made this meme.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 09:37:40 am by yed »

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2115
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: July 19, 2013, 09:37:47 am »

My pick: Masterpiece

Looks like it was actually my second guess...

🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3350
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: July 19, 2013, 11:36:45 am »

Edit: Although I can't see how Fortress really counters Governor. It only does something against the remodel effect, as best I can tell, and that's the least used option on Governor. I guess the idea is if they start turbo remodelling at endgame you're getting maybe an extra Duchy out of it, maybe two? Ehh.

It also greatly discourages them from using the Governor to remodel their Silvers or Estates. This is not as uncommon as you claim it to be. If your opponent doesn't end on a megaturn (which also isn't that uncommon), you don't lose the Fortress while also gaining a Duchy or another $5 card.

If you build an engine using Fortress as a source of +action and your opponent just goes for the Governor deck, being able to share every one of his remodels seems like a pretty potent counter to me.

I've rarely seen the remodel get used during the early/midgame. Then again, I have a lot less experience with Governor than most non-Guilds cards. Letting your opponent turn their Estates into Silvers/other $3's is often not much less useful than you turning Estates into $4's, although I guess certain key cards make it more common. And if your opponent does have a lot of Fortressess... don't use the remodel option? If you were banking on remodeling for something, then yeah I guess it counters it, but it seems pretty rare to me.

The KEY use of Governor early/midgame IMO is to remodel Silver --> Gov and buy a Gov to win the Gov split.  Yes the opponent free trashing copper is "bad" but it's no game breaker compared to a 6-4 or 7-3 Gov split.

Huh, really? I don't think I've ever either done that or had it done against me. Interesting... although such a scenario requires you to have $7 in hand. Not unreasonable if you have a few Governors I guess.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9416
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: July 19, 2013, 12:09:41 pm »

Edit: Although I can't see how Fortress really counters Governor. It only does something against the remodel effect, as best I can tell, and that's the least used option on Governor. I guess the idea is if they start turbo remodelling at endgame you're getting maybe an extra Duchy out of it, maybe two? Ehh.

It also greatly discourages them from using the Governor to remodel their Silvers or Estates. This is not as uncommon as you claim it to be. If your opponent doesn't end on a megaturn (which also isn't that uncommon), you don't lose the Fortress while also gaining a Duchy or another $5 card.

If you build an engine using Fortress as a source of +action and your opponent just goes for the Governor deck, being able to share every one of his remodels seems like a pretty potent counter to me.

I've rarely seen the remodel get used during the early/midgame. Then again, I have a lot less experience with Governor than most non-Guilds cards. Letting your opponent turn their Estates into Silvers/other $3's is often not much less useful than you turning Estates into $4's, although I guess certain key cards make it more common. And if your opponent does have a lot of Fortressess... don't use the remodel option? If you were banking on remodeling for something, then yeah I guess it counters it, but it seems pretty rare to me.

The KEY use of Governor early/midgame IMO is to remodel Silver --> Gov and buy a Gov to win the Gov split.  Yes the opponent free trashing copper is "bad" but it's no game breaker compared to a 6-4 or 7-3 Gov split.

Huh, really? I don't think I've ever either done that or had it done against me. Interesting... although such a scenario requires you to have $7 in hand. Not unreasonable if you have a few Governors I guess.

Powerman destroyed me last night doing this.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: July 19, 2013, 02:24:39 pm »
+12

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: July 19, 2013, 04:23:55 pm »
+5

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: July 19, 2013, 04:26:36 pm »
+17

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: July 19, 2013, 04:52:39 pm »
+1

I'm in the meming mood!

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: July 19, 2013, 05:05:48 pm »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12876
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Mr Anderson

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: July 19, 2013, 06:47:10 pm »
+3

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130719/log.505cc11ea2e6483e027bc556.1374253624194.txt

For some reason, I cannot manage to display the meme properly, so here is the link:

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3v8kqo/
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:54:01 pm by Mr Anderson »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: July 19, 2013, 07:01:17 pm »
+2

http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130719/log.505cc11ea2e6483e027bc556.1374253624194.txt

For some reason, I cannot manage to display the meme properly, so here is the link:

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3v8kqo/

Meme'd it AND Fixed it for you.

Mr Anderson

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: July 19, 2013, 07:20:53 pm »

Thank you. How did you display the image? For me, the
Code: [Select]
[img]url[/img] did not work.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12876
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2389 on: July 19, 2013, 07:54:39 pm »
+3

Thank you. How did you display the image? For me, the
Code: [Select]
[img]url[/img] did not work.
Because that is the URL of a page, not the URL of a picture. http://i.qkme.me/3v8kqo.jpg is the URL for the picture.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

JacquesTheBard

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +249
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: July 19, 2013, 10:54:19 pm »
+15

What can I say. BLB is universally usable.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:22:22 pm by JacquesTheBard »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: July 19, 2013, 10:56:20 pm »
+5

What can I say. BLB is universally usable.

(you need to put the .jpg in the url)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:57:33 pm by Witherweaver »

JacquesTheBard

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: July 19, 2013, 10:57:08 pm »

They were good, too.
How do I do this?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7868
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: July 19, 2013, 10:59:01 pm »
+2

The complete url has the jpg extension:

[ img]http://i.qkme.me/3v8n1m.jpg[/img]

(remove the space before img)

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: July 19, 2013, 11:07:55 pm »

It was better build up with them broken.  The Scumbag Steve one left me confused because of the BLB comment you made.  But then I looked at the third image, and it all came together.
Well you *do* need a signature...

JacquesTheBard

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: July 20, 2013, 12:47:09 am »
+2

It's fun to use Scumbag Steve in a context that isn't simply "Good at Dominion Steve."

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9191
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: July 20, 2013, 03:30:49 am »
+7

(and in case it isn't clear, he makes you reveal and put back the same curse over and over again)

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5349
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: July 20, 2013, 08:59:20 am »
+4

GiB

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: July 20, 2013, 08:17:00 pm »
+1

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10774
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: July 20, 2013, 08:21:49 pm »
+9

Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 259  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 18 queries.