Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 126546 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1050 on: July 08, 2015, 06:05:31 pm »

also in my eyes I think I`m ok with a massclaim also at this point.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 08, 2015, 06:07:44 pm »

TBH the value of IC is that:

1) we know your perspective comes from Town

2) all Town members can remove you from their lynch pool automatically.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 08, 2015, 06:08:50 pm »

sorry I`m doing a very poor job of an IC. I guess I`m just more afraid of being wrong in this situation then if I was normal town since I theoretically should have more influence with people. I`ll try to do better.

If anything, you have an excuse for having worse reads than a random townie, since you have less information than them.

@pacovf : Right, didn't think that through.

PPE : The bad massclaim scenario I was thinking of is actually wrong I just realised, so I'm fine with it as well. Just need mail-mi in here for that to happen though. When did he say his V/LA was again ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 08, 2015, 06:10:21 pm »

pacovf
skip wooznum
chairs
mail-mi
Teproc
Hydrad

In no particular order, the remaining players.

Hydrad is IC.
I know I'm Town.

That leaves pacovf, skip, mail-mi, and Teproc.

out of that group... vote: mail-mi.

I'm in favor of a massclaim, I think.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 08, 2015, 06:50:54 pm »

I still have to reread, but mail-mi does seem like the most likely scum, just from simple PoE. Nobody else really fits a scum narrative all that well, aside from maybe skip.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 08, 2015, 10:06:18 pm »

vote: teproc, can someone remind me why he's confirmed town? He was like, 5th on wagon with awaclus. With seprix I don't remember him pushing seprix too much pre-claim. And then post-claim he started pushing him really hard. And then pac pointed out the utter ridiculousness of his claim. But its possible that teproc realized this right away and knew he was getting lynched and wanted towncred by pushing the lynch before it inevitably became obvious to everyone else that seprix was scum.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 08, 2015, 10:23:23 pm »

Oh and the adk lynch was clearly happening no matter what, and it fits for scum!teproc to come out as against it, at least so early in the day, as it was happening without his help.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 08, 2015, 10:29:46 pm »

As for the NK, I think WW/hockey was very close to IC, and Hydrad is just completely absent, so he was the person I saw as most likely to die tonight, with Hydrad a close second. We don't know if scum has a full strongman either, could be an indication they don't, maybe ?

If there is an extra doctor, scum has a full strongman, per number of letters rolled. If there is no extra doctor, then it doesn't matter whether the strongman was 1-shot or not. So scum could have shot Hydrad if he wanted to, no problem.
I assume scum is a full strongman, and therefore knows there is at least one more pr, potentially some kind of cop, which could hurt him a lot, and scum wants to shoot someone who potentially is the pr, ergo not the IC. Note that scum did not shoot teproc, which is weird if teproc is town, although I get the sense that in practice this isnt a great argument.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 09, 2015, 12:21:14 am »

vote: teproc, can someone remind me why he's confirmed town? He was like, 5th on wagon with awaclus. With seprix I don't remember him pushing seprix too much pre-claim. And then post-claim he started pushing him really hard. And then pac pointed out the utter ridiculousness of his claim. But its possible that teproc realized this right away and knew he was getting lynched and wanted towncred by pushing the lynch before it inevitably became obvious to everyone else that seprix was scum.

While Teproc took some time to vote for Awaclus, he was putting pressure on him fairly early. With Seprix, he made a case on him, voted for him relatively early, and didn't budge from there (save brief hesitation post-claim). I really don't see Teproc being scum here. Admittedly I still have to reread.

I assume scum is a full strongman, and therefore knows there is at least one more pr, potentially some kind of cop, which could hurt him a lot, and scum wants to shoot someone who potentially is the pr, ergo not the IC.

Seems plausible.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 09, 2015, 12:42:47 am »

While Teproc took some time to vote for Awaclus, he was putting pressure on him fairly early. With Seprix, he made a case on him, voted for him relatively early, and didn't budge from there (save brief hesitation post-claim). I really don't see Teproc being scum here. Admittedly I still have to reread.

I assume scum is a full strongman, and therefore knows there is at least one more pr, potentially some kind of cop, which could hurt him a lot, and scum wants to shoot someone who potentially is the pr, ergo not the IC.

Seems plausible.
I wouldn't say he was putting too much pressure. At least most of it was still early enough for awaclus to get out of the lynch. After re-read it really seems plausible for teproc to be scum. I still need to read day 2

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1060 on: July 09, 2015, 01:02:19 am »

Ok, so I think today's lynch should be between Seprix and pacovf. I'm pretty confident at least one of them is scum.

vote: Seprix
this is where he votes seprix. He could totally be planning to switch later on to pacovf

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 09, 2015, 06:57:08 am »

skip, are you in favor of a massclaim ? Because if you are, I'll be waiting for that before doing rereads, provided mail-mi's around.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 09, 2015, 09:17:40 am »

mail-mi has already claimed VT, so no need to wait for him. I am definitely not going to reread yet if there is a massclaim coming.

I think skip and chairs should claim their PRs before Teproc and I.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 09, 2015, 09:20:28 am »

Oh right, that happened. My order would be pacovf/skip/chairs/me... let's just say I do not put an immense amount of weight into the Seprix wagon.

Certainly I think chairs should claim after you and skip.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 09, 2015, 09:24:11 am »

Really? Why do you have such a strong town read on chairs?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: July 09, 2015, 09:26:25 am »

Actually, your townreads there are just a consequence of you ignoring Seprix's wagon, so my question is, why do you ignore Seprix's wagon?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 09, 2015, 09:31:34 am »

I'm not sure actually, I remember rereading him on day 1 and coming out of it feeling like it was town chairs. Or maybe it was his day 2 play ? This is why I need to reread. I guess I'd be fine with skip claiming after chairs, his case on me really reads like paranoid own.

I don't completely ignore the Seprix wagon, I just don't think it's even half as relevant as the Awaclus wagon. Seprix had too damning interactions with Awaclus to live long, so I'm assuming the last scum would be fine with bussing him.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 09, 2015, 10:06:52 am »

skip, are you in favor of a massclaim ? Because if you are, I'll be waiting for that before doing rereads, provided mail-mi's around.
I don't know if we should massclaim, I've barely ever played. That's why I asked.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 09, 2015, 10:09:21 am »

Ok, well in this setup massclaim won't solve anything. It will, however, help clarify things. It makes it slightly harder for scum to fakeclaim (slightly), especially because it prevents them from doing so at lylo (which sounds far away but a mislynch here brings us to mylo already). On the town side, there's really no downside to it at this point.

Basically we're going to do it at some point, and we might as well get it out of the way now.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 09, 2015, 10:16:16 am »

Ok, well in this setup massclaim won't solve anything. It will, however, help clarify things. It makes it slightly harder for scum to fakeclaim (slightly), especially because it prevents them from doing so at lylo (which sounds far away but a mislynch here brings us to mylo already). On the town side, there's really no downside to it at this point.

Basically we're going to do it at some point, and we might as well get it out of the way now.
why is there no downside, they now know if we have any cops and who those cops are?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 09, 2015, 10:18:31 am »

why is there no downside, they now know if we have any cops and who those cops are?

I'm not too worried about that.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 09, 2015, 10:25:27 am »

I'm not too worried about that.
why not?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 09, 2015, 10:27:09 am »

I'm sure you can figure it out. There might not be a point in me not responding here, but you never know, I don't want to give scum a guide to what I expect from this massclaim.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 09, 2015, 12:49:06 pm »

So huh it seems we all agree that we should do a massclaim?

I guess Hydrad should give a claim order.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 09, 2015, 05:05:27 pm »

I can make an order.

One thing i'm thinking of is having skip be one of the later claims though. originally i was going to have him near the top but as it seems hes not familiar with claims would it be a good idea for me to put him near the back as with scum he might not be able to take much advantage from it?
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.