Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 209821 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #1125 on: March 26, 2020, 09:35:47 pm »

How do we know they had daychat?

Also, and people already probably noticed that Mail-mi is the one who "hammered" Raptor. Would partners do that on D1? (i.e. does this mean they were different factions?)

They were in the same neighbor. And yes partners would do that for towncred and/or pressure from faust to hammer.

Oh, right, duh.

I'll have to go back and look but didn't the pressure from faust come *after* Mail-mi said he was going to hammer?

Yeah, it was probably a mistake to go after raptor and not me. Definitely backfired, so in hindsight of course it was, but there's not much you can do as mail-mi there, either push me or bus, and if I flip town both of them look bad.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 26, 2020, 09:39:17 pm »

I am a Motion Detector, but I can see who targeted and whom targeted my target. Just a bunch of names, I don't really know whether my target targeted or they were.

What's your item?

My understanding of a Motion Detector is that you just get a binary result. According to the wiki: "The Motion Detector learns if any actions were performed by or on a player, but not what they were, or who else was involved."

Have we seen this role used differently to this before?

that's actually what i thought. Then i got the names and i was wtf, i reread and it turned out my role is what i just said.

I am, unsurprisingly, Foxears. With Fox Ears. I actually was sure that we get the names after items so this is a bit confusing

your name is Foxears? that's odd. there's a character, nicknamed Foxface, who wears her hair in 2 braids that are described as "fox ears" so i assumed that was her.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 26, 2020, 09:40:18 pm »

I am a Motion Detector, but I can see who targeted and whom targeted my target. Just a bunch of names, I don't really know whether my target targeted or they were.

What's your item?

My understanding of a Motion Detector is that you just get a binary result. According to the wiki: "The Motion Detector learns if any actions were performed by or on a player, but not what they were, or who else was involved."

Have we seen this role used differently to this before?

that's actually what i thought. Then i got the names and i was wtf, i reread and it turned out my role is what i just said.

I am, unsurprisingly, Foxears. With Fox Ears. I actually was sure that we get the names after items so this is a bit confusing

your name is Foxears? that's odd. there's a character, nicknamed Foxface, who wears her hair in 2 braids that are described as "fox ears" so i assumed that was her.

I don't know the flavor

my name if Foxears, yeah
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 26, 2020, 09:45:22 pm »

Revised Intra-district reads summary

District 1
shraeye thinks scola is scummy
scola thinks shraeye is scummy

District 2
faust's thoughts are his own
glooble thinks faust is towny

District 3
jimmmmm thinks e is towny
e thinks jimmmmm is towny

District 4
LaLight thinks Ash is towny
Ash thinks LaLight is towny

District 5
WCD thinks ADK is towny
ADK thinks WCD is towny

District 6
Lekkit thinks MiX is towny
MiX thinks Lekkit is towny

District 7
raptor has not expressed an opinion on mail-mi
mail-mi thinks raptor is scummy

District 8
cayvie thinks EFHW is towny
EFHW thinks cayvie is towny

premise A: on average, a townperson's view on their neighbor is more informed and therefore more accurate than their view on another player.
premise B1: a scumster is more likely to express mistrust of their neighbor if they think their neighbor suspects them
premise B2: a scumster is more likely to express mistrust of their neighbor if they think their neighbor will be an easy lynch

with these premises in mind, i'd like to lynch someone in one of the neighborhoods where there's some friction. (also i got a pretty hard townread on MiX when he and I appeared to come to the same conclusion about draft order claiming at the same time. that felt genuine, even if i'm no longer so sure massclaiming draft order is necessary at this time.)

vote: mail-mi

so uh this theory is not lookin' too bad right now.

vote: shraeye

i wanna know why you could promise that #1 in the draft order (apparently WCD) wouldn't be the nightkill target.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 26, 2020, 09:51:28 pm »

i wanna know why you could promise that #1 in the draft order (apparently WCD) wouldn't be the nightkill target.

To be clear, are you voting for shraeye because there was friction in his district and another district with friction had scum? Or because he's made unexplained statements?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 26, 2020, 09:52:04 pm »

I don't get it. You think scum's all doing the same thing?

PPE: Yeah that question's great.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 26, 2020, 09:52:31 pm »

I presume someone was protected, and I presume E got the luckiest shot in the world. But let's see how this goes, we should just win now, yes.

Who scumreads Lekkit?

Do you?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 26, 2020, 09:53:18 pm »

I presume someone was protected, and I presume E got the luckiest shot in the world. But let's see how this goes, we should just win now, yes.

Who scumreads Lekkit?

Do you?

Slightly, although their claim is towny.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: March 26, 2020, 09:54:01 pm »

Revised Intra-district reads summary

District 1
shraeye thinks scola is scummy
scola thinks shraeye is scummy

District 2
faust's thoughts are his own
glooble thinks faust is towny

District 3
jimmmmm thinks e is towny
e thinks jimmmmm is towny

District 4
LaLight thinks Ash is towny
Ash thinks LaLight is towny

District 5
WCD thinks ADK is towny
ADK thinks WCD is towny

District 6
Lekkit thinks MiX is towny
MiX thinks Lekkit is towny

District 7
raptor has not expressed an opinion on mail-mi
mail-mi thinks raptor is scummy

District 8
cayvie thinks EFHW is towny
EFHW thinks cayvie is towny

premise A: on average, a townperson's view on their neighbor is more informed and therefore more accurate than their view on another player.
premise B1: a scumster is more likely to express mistrust of their neighbor if they think their neighbor suspects them
premise B2: a scumster is more likely to express mistrust of their neighbor if they think their neighbor will be an easy lynch

with these premises in mind, i'd like to lynch someone in one of the neighborhoods where there's some friction. (also i got a pretty hard townread on MiX when he and I appeared to come to the same conclusion about draft order claiming at the same time. that felt genuine, even if i'm no longer so sure massclaiming draft order is necessary at this time.)

vote: mail-mi

I feel this.

I wasn't around much at the end of D1 due to RL busyness but I will try to do some catch up in the coming days. But I'm feeling good about where things stand right now
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: March 26, 2020, 09:54:09 pm »

To be clear, are you voting for shraeye because there was friction in his district and another district with friction had scum? Or because he's made unexplained statements?

both reasons!

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 26, 2020, 10:14:37 pm »

oh, also, flavor-wise, Thresh is an odd character to have the Nightlock and be a Poisoner; he's a big strong dude who just beats people to death with rocks and such. I don't recall him having anything to do with nightlock berries in the books? (peeta, katniss, rue, foxface, snow, seneca, even cato probably had more to do with nightlock)

so this is an indication to me that I should take any flavor deductions i've made with a grain of salt.

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 26, 2020, 10:23:38 pm »

also holy crap, we could have been so screwed if we hadn't lynched right and gotten that nightkill right.

mafia with a 1-shot poisoner and a 3-shot reloader? brutal. (assuming they could use the poison kills in addition to the regular mafia nightkill)

actually, if they couldn't use both kills, that could explain why there's not a townie dead tonight; someone might be poisoned.

she/her

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: March 26, 2020, 10:27:05 pm »

Can a poisoner succeed if killed at night? (let me know when questions get annoying. I can always look up online, but sometimes it's more fun to ask on here / might help get a read depending on how it's answered)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 26, 2020, 10:28:17 pm »

Can a poisoner succeed if killed at night? (let me know when questions get annoying. I can always look up online, but sometimes it's more fun to ask on here / might help get a read depending on how it's answered)

almost certainly, yes. nightkills almost always resolve after other roles.

she/her

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 26, 2020, 10:41:06 pm »

Wow! Wow! Wow!

How exciting! Good work, team.

And yeah, my question for Shraeye for yesterday is even more present.....why was he convinced #1 wouldn’t be killed??
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: March 26, 2020, 10:44:44 pm »

Hi, checking in. Will try to type in votes for play by play tomorrow. I'm making masks in my free time.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: March 26, 2020, 10:57:32 pm »

almost certainly, yes. nightkills almost always resolve after other roles.

More specifically, a player dying generally doesn't stop their action from taking effect
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: March 26, 2020, 11:13:05 pm »

Cayvie, what does being poisoned mean? Delayed dying?

EFHW, that’s awesome. (You know, awesome because it’s helpful, but actually awful that we need to make masks). I have never before wanted or needed a sewing machine, but I sure wish I had one now.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: March 26, 2020, 11:26:30 pm »

EFHW, that’s awesome. (You know, awesome because it’s helpful, but actually awful that we need to make masks). I have never before wanted or needed a sewing machine, but I sure wish I had one now.

yeah, that's usually what poisoners do. in my experience sometimes the victim knows they've been poisoned and sometimes they don't.

she/her

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: March 26, 2020, 11:37:13 pm »

yeah, that's usually what poisoners do. in my experience sometimes the victim knows they've been poisoned and sometimes they don't.

So one of is is likely poisoned, may or may not know it, and will die in the night?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: March 27, 2020, 12:11:23 am »

So one of is is likely poisoned, may or may not know it, and will die in the night?

those are my conclusions.

she/her

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 27, 2020, 12:18:02 am »

Oh wow, that was an extremely successful D1/N1.

I agree with cayvie that a townie is likely poisoned.

anyway, I was just up for a bit with the baby, headed back to sleep, more when I officially wake up
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: March 27, 2020, 02:35:33 am »

There is so much to look at with two scum flips where both were primary D1 wagons

- I think MiX is town as the third serious D1 wagon.
- I think faust is town the way he landed on his vote. I almost responded to MiX's reply #1054 calling faust scum with a "let's wait and see the flip"

Those are the two things that immediately popped in my mind after both flips.

Kind of want to iso every player's D1 and just see the mail-mi/raptor interactions. Maybe I will. I mean, what else to do in quarantine
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 27, 2020, 02:53:42 am »

actually, if they couldn't use both kills, that could explain why there's not a townie dead tonight; someone might be poisoned.
I'd strongly doubt that they would use it instead of their NK, that would be more of a debuff rather than a power role.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: March 27, 2020, 02:55:43 am »

Oh wow, that was an extremely successful D1/N1.
Do you want to confirm or deny that the mail-mi kill was your doing?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 16 queries.