Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 209760 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Arena Opening Today!!
« Reply #350 on: March 19, 2020, 12:38:21 pm »

So, I've been trying to think of why shraeye would accuse me and not provide any reasoning, and I now have a hypothesis: as I'm new here, it has been an effective way to get me to post more and maybe reveal more about my style of play (since I was especially terse on the QT).

Mission accomplished, shraeye?

If so, then I'd actually lean towards shraeye being town, as that would reconcile with cayvie's "the reason to trust the source is that it's a bold move that would put a lot of heat on shraeye if you flip town. and in general, 1-1 Trades aren't in scum's favor early. so the very fact that he made a confident statement against you is a point in shraeye's favor."
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 19, 2020, 12:42:36 pm »

I was pretty high up top the draft order, so you might want not to lynch me here, guys

And we care why? Because you were guaranteed to get that flashlight?

Vote: LaLight
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 19, 2020, 12:44:49 pm »

I was pretty high up top the draft order, so you might want not to lynch me here, guys

Oh, it's a spotlight, not flashlight. But the point remains. Just because you are high doesn't mean you have this magical PR that makes you super special.

You guessed at what the items did just like the rest of us. You probably put more thought into it than most of us, true. But still
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 19, 2020, 12:51:45 pm »

why do you think I'm scum?
Why do you want to know?

Is this part of the "reading" people. The more I talk...

Anyway, this one seems fairly obvious. shraeye and you are the ones who voted for me (and LaLight, though at least they hedged with an "I guess"). If you have good reason, sure, let us know, and others can vote for me too. Without good reason? Why should anyone follow your lead, then?
Are you suggesting that if I give you a good enough reason, you will vote for yourself? Or do you want me to convince others to vote for you?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 19, 2020, 12:52:34 pm »

Just because you are high doesn't mean you have this magical
I beg to differ.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 19, 2020, 01:11:09 pm »

can i interest anyone in a vote: mail-mi?

his content consists so far of idle setup chatter and then this post

I feel like shraeye is being shraeye, which is loud, mysterious, and overconfident. I'd like a little more substantial case from him before I vote for the newbie day 1.

In other words, vote: Faust

which is kind of baffling to me. i know he clarified "words" to "news", that's not the issue. i just don't see what mail-mi hoped to accomplish by dropping a non sequitur vote on faust and then not backing it up with anything.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 19, 2020, 01:17:17 pm »

can i interest anyone in a vote: mail-mi?

his content consists so far of idle setup chatter and then this post

I feel like shraeye is being shraeye, which is loud, mysterious, and overconfident. I'd like a little more substantial case from him before I vote for the newbie day 1.

In other words, vote: Faust

which is kind of baffling to me. i know he clarified "words" to "news", that's not the issue. i just don't see what mail-mi hoped to accomplish by dropping a non sequitur vote on faust and then not backing it up with anything.

hi, I'm here. Also working right now and doing homework.

I don't like him jumping on shraeye's vote and continuing to insist scola is scum. Scola just seems newbie to me, not alignment indicative yet.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 19, 2020, 01:19:28 pm »

I think I find myself agreeing with e most here. Also I don't see the harm in round claiming, which is why I did it. There is a sort of benefit in dividing town into two groups, which can help with PoE.

I think draft order is a little too much info that's helpful to scum, not town.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 19, 2020, 01:25:00 pm »

I don't like him jumping on shraeye's vote and continuing to insist scola is scum. Scola just seems newbie to me, not alignment indicative yet.

hi! why'd you vote faust?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 19, 2020, 01:33:03 pm »

I think I find myself agreeing with e most here. Also I don't see the harm in round claiming, which is why I did it. There is a sort of benefit in dividing town into two groups, which can help with PoE.
How does it help with PoE?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: March 19, 2020, 01:33:14 pm »

Did you not read my explanation that's in the very post you quoted?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 19, 2020, 01:34:18 pm »

In narrowing down lunch choices by deciding to lunch out of round 1 or round 2 claimants.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 19, 2020, 01:35:18 pm »

Did you not read my explanation that's in the very post you quoted?

oh sorry i misunderstood it

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 19, 2020, 01:37:20 pm »

In narrowing down lunch choices by deciding to lunch out of round 1 or round 2 claimants.

This just gives scum confort if there's on the living side of the split. No reason to scumhunt based on it, it's based on draft order, and that's based on nothing.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 19, 2020, 01:40:37 pm »

How does dividing town into two essentially arbitrary groups help us?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 19, 2020, 01:44:01 pm »

I guess that kind of got answered, but also not really

I'm feeling vote: mail-mi
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 19, 2020, 01:48:46 pm »

If you are scum, now we want to lynch you even more.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 19, 2020, 01:49:23 pm »

why do we need to know this? how does this help the town?
It's much more helpful than hoping that all scum were somehow in r1, AND hoping that scum not knowing which items exist will somehow prevent their masterful planning

that wasn't the only thing i was hedging against with discouraging roundclaims, you know. cat's pretty much out of the bag on that front, however.

as i've mentioned, roundclaims also divide people into "those who selected from these X items" and "those who selected from these Y items (four of which do not exist)". and that also can help scum target PRs.

and most importantly, i see little to no town benefit to roundclaim (beyond Ash's hinted-at information)

so, a minor detriment vs an even smaller benefit means don't do it, in my book.
But wait, why did you round claim?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 19, 2020, 01:56:48 pm »

I'm not seeing the point to the round claiming. It definitely narrows down who has what items, at least for those who were in round 2. Why does town need that info? Is it really worth scum having the same info in addition to their pooled knowledge?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 19, 2020, 01:58:20 pm »

it was a clearly miscalculated gambit

i hoped that round claiming would lend weight to the idea that i knew what i was talking about when i said that round claiming in general was a bad idea. but uh that clearly was no match for ashersky going "no actually let's round claim"

she/her

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 19, 2020, 02:00:24 pm »

(Note neither of my two main accusers (shraeye, faust) have round claimed yet either.)
I did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 19, 2020, 02:00:53 pm »

it was a clearly miscalculated gambit

i hoped that round claiming would lend weight to the idea that i knew what i was talking about when i said that round claiming in general was a bad idea. but uh that clearly was no match for ashersky going "no actually let's round claim"

Round claiming sounds like a good idea in general to be honest. We just have to complete it, otherwise it's pointless.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 19, 2020, 02:02:49 pm »

(Note neither of my two main accusers (shraeye, faust) have round claimed yet either.)
I did

Did you? I didn't see it on the summary someone had put up of all round claims.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 19, 2020, 02:07:05 pm »

Oh, it's a spotlight, not flashlight. But the point remains. Just because you are high doesn't mean you have this magical PR that makes you super special.

You guessed at what the items did just like the rest of us. You probably put more thought into it than most of us, true. But still
How are more people not understanding this?? 

I keep seeing peopel be nervous of round claiming putting us into categories.  Uhhhh, categories are not scary.  Is there ANY reason to believe that scum is concerned with who is in what category?  No.

I keep seeing nervousness over draft order telling scum who drafted better PRs.  No no no.  People are not thinking clearly. 

PUBLIC POLL:
Which is more powerful "Mockingjay pin" or "Trident"?   Which one would go earlier in the draft order? Does your answer change now that we know LaLight is high up? Which one is scum most scared of?  If you can answer ANY of these questions then congrats, you're clairvoyant and it probably isn't fair for you to play this game in the first place.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 19, 2020, 02:08:01 pm »

How does dividing town into two essentially arbitrary groups help us?

Honestly, I'm not sure. However, it is information, and more information is almost always better, and I don't see how it can help scum.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 17 queries.