Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 335821 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)
« Reply #3425 on: July 14, 2012, 03:06:40 pm »

I'm honestly surprised to see this reaction, but if people really want to bar non-Town players from being able to talk with anybody about the game for the rest of the entire game after they are killed, including people who knew their alignments from the beginning of that game, then I'll impose that rule going forward.

Voltgloss, the thing is that dead mafia who can still talk to mafia can offer strategic advice to their fellow mafia that impact the game. However, I don't have a problem with that.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: July 14, 2012, 03:08:25 pm »

I'm honestly surprised to see this reaction, but if people really want to bar non-Town players from being able to talk with anybody about the game for the rest of the entire game after they are killed, including people who knew their alignments from the beginning of that game, then I'll impose that rule going forward.

Voltgloss, the thing is that dead mafia who can still talk to mafia can offer strategic advice to their fellow mafia that impact the game. However, I don't have a problem with that.

I don't either, but it seems several people do.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: July 14, 2012, 03:08:41 pm »

Just got through the whole QT. You guys definitely had things figured out, so good job. You guys though had the advantage of several people making a lot of sense, and during the last two days, we did not. We had a huge uncertainty problem. Nobody trusted each other.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: July 14, 2012, 03:09:42 pm »

So will you all want to require that the remaining Mafia players receive a new quicktopic every time one of them is killed?  To prevent deceased Mafia players from reading the QT and then PM'ing their living teammates?

I don't feel strongly against it, i was just surprised - and that it wasn't made public to the other players.  I didn't expect him to be able to provide advice.  You don't need to give a new link - because if the dead mafia would cheat and PM - they would just do it anyway.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: July 14, 2012, 03:17:33 pm »

You don't need to give a new link - because if the dead mafia would cheat and PM - they would just do it anyway.

This.

But, I would prefer dead players to be banned from communicating with live allies (or that at least we are told that they will be doing so).

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: July 14, 2012, 04:23:06 pm »

Guys, I'm sorry but I don't think it was "superior scumhunting" that brought me down  ;). Robz's batshit crazy plot was, indeed, entirely wrong for everyone but me I 1) had a scumslip that ensured night actions would be directed at me and 2) was soooo sure that SFS was a full cop instead of one-shot, so I was like 85% confident i'd either be cop-outed or NKed. If I was going to die, I wanted to implicate as many people as possible and give Glooble a lot of townpoints. I tried to make Jo, Axxle, Captain Frisk and Pops scummiest, and I think I succeeded with CF and Axxle (Jo got himself lynched and Pops didn't really fall for it, so I got us to NK him. I'm a bit surprised he wasn't doctor but either way we want inexperienced players for the endgame.

I was also running through my head all the ways that a tie could form between Glooble/Captain Frisk, which is interesting but I think a bit bad for the game.

I think dead mafia should be allowed in either the discussion QT or mafia QT, barring them from all communication after death is quite harsh.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: July 14, 2012, 04:30:01 pm »

I haven't caught up on the thread.  But I'm still ticked at everyone for the Jo mislynch.  It was totally stupid.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: July 14, 2012, 05:25:47 pm »

I haven't caught up on the thread.  But I'm still ticked at everyone for the Jo mislynch.  It was totally stupid.

Based on strength of twin claim?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: July 14, 2012, 05:26:24 pm »

Based on strength of twin claim?

By a scum twin  ;D

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: July 14, 2012, 05:33:27 pm »

I expressed MANY times in thread that scumGlooble + townJoth was plausible.  Either joth was being called town because Glooble's pm said so, or because Glooble was accurately reading his twin, it worked either way.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3435 on: July 14, 2012, 05:49:19 pm »

1-1-1 is an obvious no-lynch situation for the real town Tables, thus presenting the SK with a POSSIBLE win.

Except we wouldn't have an obvious 1-1-1 situation, it'd be possibly 1-1-1 or 2-1.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: July 14, 2012, 05:53:01 pm »

Also after reading the quick topic, man, Galz, you need to work on your reads :(.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: July 14, 2012, 06:22:10 pm »

I actually think dead mafia should be allowed in spectator QT.  By courtesy the dead Mafia should not give any info that the town wouldn't already have.  I only think that people not (or no longer) part of the game - dead, spectating or moderating -- should not be able to communicate with people that are still in the game.

That said, I'd be fine with dead Mafia talking with teammates if it was made clear at the start.  Being dead doesn't preclude winning, after all.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: July 14, 2012, 08:38:21 pm »

Also after reading the quick topic, man, Galz, you need to work on your reads :(.

Why? I was the first person to peg CF for SK, and the only to really believe you had to be the Doctor. Yeah, I came off my death with bad reads, but I was rather influenced by preceding events.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: July 14, 2012, 09:06:40 pm »

@timchen - moving this discussion to where it belongs:

There was no point in which I was really spouting out things that were total BS.  I mean - yes - I knew I was the serial killer, but as you can see from the QT, and even the mafia discussions, nobody knew it was me until Gloob's lucky roleblocked me.  Everyone is plausible as the serial killer - except for maybe SFS... although if I had known there were no rolecops, I would have claimed 1 shot cop at the start.  Next time!

I just needed to double check before posting that I wasn't releasing the limited information that I did have (who I killed).  I wasn't even really sure of the mafia kills on day 1 and 2 because there was a possibility of a vig.

Jonah - did you feel the same way - or were you just totally overwhelmed because of the early bandwagon on you?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #3440 on: July 14, 2012, 09:13:20 pm »

Funny story - I roleblocked you because I thought you were the doctor. I was convinced Robz was SK.

I can't believe you guys didn't lynch me. I was so freaking nervous the whole time.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: July 14, 2012, 09:21:55 pm »

So to continue the question I raised to frisk:

you know axxle is not SK. So the reason you shoot him can only be that you think he is mafia. But dsell is shooting him. So you are playing for the mafia roleblocking dsell, in the case that dsell is really a town vig.

I was wondering why you didn't shoot Dsell. The worst thing can happen (barring that you are blocked) is that axxle survived and dsell flipped town. But if that is the case axxle is probably going to be lynched immediately and confirmed mafia. When you shoot axxle, if he flipped town you then lose a shot, unless you expect dsell shoots elsewhere. But I don't really see a reason for that: either way there will be one kill missing and in the case when mafia dsell shoot axxle he can always claim that the mafia just stop killing to make him suspicious. (Indeed, if he's a vig mafia can do this to buy an extra dsell lynch, not dissimilar to the actual axxle lynch.)

Preedit: I was specifically talking about the analysis you put out when you had a list at some point where you listed different people as probable SKs. Yes it serves very well as a camouflage, but I just can't quite imagine an SK will do so, because he knew already that all this analysis are futile. It's a bit unlike the mafia play where there is a direction they are trying to lead to.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: July 14, 2012, 11:11:46 pm »

@CF I don't understand the question
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: July 14, 2012, 11:19:33 pm »

@CF I don't understand the question

Did you find playing sk to be different than town, at least at first?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: July 14, 2012, 11:27:35 pm »

Yes. And that was my undoing- Galz sensed it immediately. There's something about being a one-man team, knowing that if you get lynched, that's it, that makes you way too cautious.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: July 14, 2012, 11:32:32 pm »

Yes. And that was my undoing- Galz sensed it immediately. There's something about being a one-man team, knowing that if you get lynched, that's it, that makes you way too cautious.

You would have gotten away with it if Axxle had been Cop as he was supposed to be, instead of Rolecop.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: July 14, 2012, 11:38:31 pm »

Doesn't change the fact that Galz pegged me.

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: July 14, 2012, 11:45:20 pm »

I'm super sad that everyone in the QT knew that I had to be mafia from my roleclaim. :(

But I'm super happy that everyone still in the game bought it for just long enough. ;D
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: July 14, 2012, 11:46:01 pm »

Doesn't change the fact that Galz pegged me.

Yeah, but I don't think it was your undoing.  If you had been cleared, we would almost certainly have left you alone.  And given that you claimed 1-shot, Mafia probably would have left you as well.  I may have started jailing you to protect you (because Mafia also want to kill confirmed townies?), which would be fine for you as long as you want to claim 1-shot.  Suddenly saying "I'm actually full vig!" would have been somewhat sketchy but still plausible, and then you are manipulating end game, where I think you'd have had a real shot at winning.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: July 14, 2012, 11:50:16 pm »

I wouldn't have re-claimed "actually-full-vig" except as an act of desperation.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139  All

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 16 queries.