Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 335898 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 5 START!)
« Reply #3075 on: July 09, 2012, 01:08:59 pm »

Again, I think a possible explanation is just 1 mafia left alongside the SK, and he keeps using the roleblock power instead of the kill. Although how this game is balanced with just 3 scum in 15 people is hard to understand. Although Dsell is lying, so there aren't 2 one-shot vigs, and under this scenario we don't need a doctor or roleblocker or anything to explain the lack of kills. So perhaps we aren't looking for 2 mafia after all?

In your scenario (1 remaining mafia roleblocker - who blocked DSell for fun on Night 3)... what did he do last night?  Roleblock someone else?  Why?  Everyone else is harmless!  Such bad logic!

@Tables - do you agree with the assessment that a mass roleclaim is a bad idea?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: July 09, 2012, 01:44:24 pm »

At this point, a massclaim would be a very bad idea. I think we can be pretty certain the remaining roles are: 1 Doctor, 2-3 townies, 0-1 Mafia goons, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 SK (there's other plausible cases, but I'm about 90% certain of this). So what would happen? Either everyone claims townie because the doctor doesn't want to out himself, or 1-3 people claim doctor. The SK probably won't as it's too dangerous, so 1-2 people claim doctor. If 2 do, well, good, we've got one pair with one scum. If 1 person does, yay, we just told the mafia who the doctor is.

Still rereading day 5 (I made like no notes on it because it seemed obvious what was going to happen from the start). So no further thoughts yet.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: July 09, 2012, 02:25:35 pm »

Again, I think a possible explanation is just 1 mafia left alongside the SK, and he keeps using the roleblock power instead of the kill. Although how this game is balanced with just 3 scum in 15 people is hard to understand. Although Dsell is lying, so there aren't 2 one-shot vigs, and under this scenario we don't need a doctor or roleblocker or anything to explain the lack of kills. So perhaps we aren't looking for 2 mafia after all?

In your scenario (1 remaining mafia roleblocker - who blocked DSell for fun on Night 3)... what did he do last night?  Roleblock someone else?  Why?  Everyone else is harmless!  Such bad logic!

I don't think it's necessarily bad logic. He keeps blocking the SK so the SK doesn't kill him, but he doesn't want to kill the SK, as we continue to mass lynch the town.

Okay, it's not the most likely option, perhaps, and it doesn't change anything. Dsell has got to be the SK. So we look at Glooble, Frisk, and SFS a little bit.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: July 09, 2012, 02:32:55 pm »

I don't think it's necessarily bad logic. He keeps blocking the SK so the SK doesn't kill him, but he doesn't want to kill the SK, as we continue to mass lynch the town.

Okay, it's not the most likely option, perhaps, and it doesn't change anything. Dsell has got to be the SK. So we look at Glooble, Frisk, and SFS a little bit.

Hold on - if he keeps blocking the SK - then who killed pops?

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: July 09, 2012, 02:33:42 pm »

Another explanation is that last night they didn't block Dsell, they killed him, using up one of his shot protections. And he shot Pops.

It's also possible that two nights ago, they both blocked and shot Dsell. So there were no deaths.
Except that the SK only gets bulletproof-ness once.  See page 1, under Witch. If someone shot Dsell 2 nights in a row, he'd be dead now, cause we don't have a jailkeeper.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: July 09, 2012, 02:36:19 pm »

* I don't think the doctor would have protected Dsell, just like it's hard to believe that a doctor protected Axxle2 when Dsell supposedly shot him.
Posting begets posting.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: July 09, 2012, 02:37:55 pm »

Hold on - if he keeps blocking the SK - then who killed pops?

Uh, grr, yes. True. Okay, yes, that's true.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: July 09, 2012, 02:38:28 pm »

* I don't think the doctor would have protected Dsell, just like it's hard to believe that a doctor protected Axxle2 when Dsell supposedly shot him.

The latter thing is impossible--no way a Doctor aligned with the town would do that to us.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: July 09, 2012, 02:43:58 pm »

VOLTGLOSS - In the opening post under my role PM (which I won't quote), there are three possible results I would have gotten back from an investigation. (I've already discussed this in the game thread, so no surprises here).  The question I want to ask is too broad (i.e., under what circumstances would I get the 'non-answer' answer) in that there may be too many possible examples to cover, or providing any would affect the outcome of the game.  So I'll narrow the question:

If I had investigated the serial killer, would I have gotten the 'non-answer' reply?
Posting begets posting.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: July 09, 2012, 02:47:27 pm »

VOLT - A better way to phrase it might be "under what circumstances is the 'non-answer' returned to the player?
Posting begets posting.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: July 09, 2012, 02:48:33 pm »

Volt - disregard 3084, it present the same problem as my original version.
Posting begets posting.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: July 09, 2012, 02:52:21 pm »

SFS, I suggest you review the Witch/SK role PM given in the intro of the thread.  I think that will answer the question you're trying to ask.

Also:  if a Spy/Adventurer tries to investigate but is roleblocked, he would get a "no answer" result.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:54:33 pm by Voltgloss »

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: July 09, 2012, 03:37:28 pm »

Thanks, it was that last part of your answer that I couldn't figure out how to ask.
Posting begets posting.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #3088 on: July 09, 2012, 04:17:12 pm »

Ok, I realize this is dangerous, but I think it would be worse at this point to hold back information that would help the town.

I am a Town Bureaucrat (roleblocker). I blocked Captain_Frisk last night.

I didn't claim yesterday because I had blocked Axxle. The fact that there was no kill led me to believe he was scum, and we were going to lynch him anyway, so I didn't feel the need to expose myself.

Frisk is almost definitely either mafia or the SK. There is, of course, the possibility that he is town and the SK was roleblocked by the mafia. Personally, I find this unlikely.

I apologize if claiming at this point was the wrong decision, but I didn't want us to spend a lot of time trying to piece together last night without a crucial piece of information.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: July 09, 2012, 04:19:40 pm »

VOTE: FRISK
Posting begets posting.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: July 09, 2012, 04:20:19 pm »

Going out for an hour or so. Will leave my vote where it is.
Posting begets posting.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: July 09, 2012, 04:21:24 pm »

I've already stated why the idea of me being SK is ridiculous, I won't rehash it here. I'm not sure what to think about the mafia, Tables and Robz have really strong alibis for why they can't be, but I don't know that I can still trust those. Definitely more likely that they are Serial Killers though. Glooble I have not been able to figure out this whole game although he has the twinclaim and the vote on O on his side. Again I'm not sure that I can trust that. He could be serial killer too, but I don't see this as super likely. So that leaves C_F, who seems most likely to be mafia. He didn't hammer O, but I've never really agreed that this puts him in the clear. Putting a vote on anyone is dangerous, though, so I guess I'll go back and reread for now.

I don't know, I'm pretty confused, I was sure that there was scum between jo/Axxle, and if not one of them, then pops looked fairly scummy.

Prepost edit: woaaah Glooble claimed. Ok I will have to reexamine to see what I think of this.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: July 09, 2012, 04:26:05 pm »

Ok, I realize this is dangerous, but I think it would be worse at this point to hold back information that would help the town.

I am a Town Bureaucrat (roleblocker). I blocked Captain_Frisk last night.

I didn't claim yesterday because I had blocked Axxle. The fact that there was no kill led me to believe he was scum, and we were going to lynch him anyway, so I didn't feel the need to expose myself.

Frisk is almost definitely either mafia or the SK. There is, of course, the possibility that he is town and the SK was roleblocked by the mafia. Personally, I find this unlikely.

I apologize if claiming at this point was the wrong decision, but I didn't want us to spend a lot of time trying to piece together last night without a crucial piece of information.

Glooble, that was a huge mistake. You shouldn't have done that unless we were going to kill you. And I think, after long deliberation, we would have killed Frisk rather than you.

The reason is, this tells the mafia/SK who to kill: you. And you can't block them both (indeed, you may block neither), so you'll probably die.

Since you can't claim, though, you must immediately give a full accounting of your actions Nights 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: July 09, 2012, 04:27:24 pm »

If Glooble is correct, Frisk is mafia, Dsell is SK, and other mafia is... who?

Or Frisk is mafia, Dsell is mafia, and SK is... Tables (Tables says me)?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: July 09, 2012, 04:28:35 pm »

Oh, by the way, there's no way we have multiple Roleblockers, or a Roleblocker and a Doctor. So if anybody other than Glooble has these roles, come forward immediately.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: July 09, 2012, 04:29:04 pm »

If you don't come forward now, we will NOT believe you later.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #3096 on: July 09, 2012, 04:35:29 pm »

Since you can't claim, though, you must immediately give a full accounting of your actions Nights 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Certainly.

Night one I blocked Grujah. He looked the scummiest to me coming out of day one.

Night two I blocked pops. His response to Galz's SK hunt looked scummy to me, and I still hadn't been won over to his general playstyle. He seemed as good a candidate to me as any.

Night three I blocked Axxle, and last night I blocked Frisk.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: July 09, 2012, 04:36:47 pm »

You blocked Grujah Night 1? So he might have used his Vig power, and been prevented by you. Interesting.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: July 09, 2012, 04:38:21 pm »

I am not going to participate in mass roleclaiming per Robz's comment and table's comment regarding roleclaiming being a bad idea.  Glooble may be telling the truth, but he hasn't blocked me from killing anyone.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: July 09, 2012, 04:39:59 pm »

Okay, Night 3 we had zero kills, when we expected 3: Vig Dsell's kill of Axxle, the mafia kill, and the SK kill.

You blocked Axxle, who we know has no power. Meaning we had no townie ability to prevent a kill.

Let's say the mafia blocked Vig Dsell's kill of Axxle. There is actually no way that 2 more kills could have been blocked, no matter who is who. Because the SK can't prevent any kills, and the mafia prevented Dsell's kill. There is... no way to explain the lack of death.

Basically, Glooble is lying, or Dsell is lying.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 16 queries.