Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 335890 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #2025 on: June 23, 2012, 02:48:07 am »

This is town robz. Town Robz has terrible reads and sticks to them, from what I remember.

Or he could be SK Robz. But probably town robz, and that's what makes me sad.

Don't know about terrible reads. Town Robz cleaned up MIII. I can quote from the MIII thread, but I did call Eevee and Volt on Day 1, before I died. If you'll remember, I was the one who first FOS Eevee. You voted that way, too, so you should remember.

In MI I didn't do too well, no. Though I did maintain theory was not mafia on Day 1, and I was right about that. I was wrong about tinas throughout.

In MII I was mafia.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: June 23, 2012, 02:50:58 am »

This is town robz. Town Robz has terrible reads and sticks to them, from what I remember.

Or he could be SK Robz. But probably town robz, and that's what makes me sad.

Don't know about terrible reads. Town Robz cleaned up MIII. I can quote from the MIII thread, but I did call Eevee and Volt on Day 1, before I died. If you'll remember, I was the one who first FOS Eevee. You voted that way, too, so you should remember.

In MI I didn't do too well, no. Though I did maintain theory was not mafia on Day 1, and I was right about that. I was wrong about tinas throughout.

In MII I was mafia.

You called out a trio and got 2/3. I'm pretty sure you also ended up voting on the D1 wagon but I need to check that again. I'm writing it down to a lucky guess during RVS as you didn't seriously pursue anyone you called in in your FOS's anyways.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: June 23, 2012, 02:52:20 am »

Anyway, I need some help from the people who are NOT indicted by my theory. So, I think the likely mafia are among O, Galzria, Jotheonah, and Captain Frisk. While not forgetting about Glooble and Pops, who I still think are less likely.

What I would like is for everyone who is NOT those people to tell me A) If they buy my theory, and B) which person of those listed above is the most likely mafia. Then we can vote for that person.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: June 23, 2012, 02:53:09 am »

You called out a trio and got 2/3. I'm pretty sure you also ended up voting on the D1 wagon but I need to check that again. I'm writing it down to a lucky guess during RVS as you didn't seriously pursue anyone you called in in your FOS's anyways.

Hm, your memory is awful. I emphatically did NOT join the Day 1 wagon. I voted for Eevee.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: June 23, 2012, 02:55:33 am »

I guess it is.

Still found this

Yeah, voting this random is going to be close to random. There's no need to make it EXACTLY random. In fact, we will face the same problems next round if our kill this round is made for purely random reasons. We need to question, accuse, harass. Although I guess these random voters are instructive in that they give us someone to accuse.

So, I insist that pure random voting is the worst thing you can do for the town. O and Morgrim have done it. I ask you both: Why? Do you disagree with my analysis? Will you admit to being the mafia?

So yea, you're now down to 2/5.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: June 23, 2012, 02:58:12 am »

I guess it is.

Still found this

Yeah, voting this random is going to be close to random. There's no need to make it EXACTLY random. In fact, we will face the same problems next round if our kill this round is made for purely random reasons. We need to question, accuse, harass. Although I guess these random voters are instructive in that they give us someone to accuse.

So, I insist that pure random voting is the worst thing you can do for the town. O and Morgrim have done it. I ask you both: Why? Do you disagree with my analysis? Will you admit to being the mafia?

So yea, you're now down to 2/5.

Because I said O and Morgrim, will you admit to being the mafia? Uh.... that was needling. Trying to evoke a response. Did not think you were mafia.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: June 23, 2012, 03:01:37 am »

Because I said O and Morgrim, will you admit to being the mafia? Uh.... that was needling. Trying to evoke a response. Did not think you were mafia.

...but the only person you did more to than needle was eevee, and even then you didn't argue altogether that much to try and get him lynched.

Anyways we're getting sidetracked here; mostly my fault. We should focus on your crackpot theory (Where you manage to accuse me, a townie, and someone I have a townread on), and how it's inane.
Mainly, pointing out trios/pairs at this point is inane. you go for singular scum, not trios.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: June 23, 2012, 03:06:43 am »

...but the only person you did more to than needle was eevee, and even then you didn't argue altogether that much to try and get him lynched.

Anyways we're getting sidetracked here; mostly my fault. We should focus on your crackpot theory (Where you manage to accuse me, a townie, and someone I have a townread on), and how it's inane.
Mainly, pointing out trios/pairs at this point is inane. you go for singular scum, not trios.

Okay, yes. We are getting sidetracked. Because you sidetracked us, saying more things that weren't accurate. My bad.

Now for my crackpot theory, that looks for mafia groups. This is actually the only way to really find mafia, is to start saying, "Well, if he is mafia, then not he..." etc. Too bad we have, like, way way way way too much has happened today to actualyl look at patterns like that. So I took the easiest pattern I could--lynch votes on day 1--and compared them to a possible lynch of Grujah. If you think I've misidentified you, fine. Do you honestly not see any merit in my theory?

Look, I know you all want to trust your "reads" which I think are whatever and usually wrong and were certainly wrong yesterday (not yours specifically, O--see how I manage to get your voting history correct? it's not that hard). But, look, somebody is fooling us, and doing it in groups. And this is an interesting groups. And on top of that, I think O and Galzria are trying to poke holes in the theory that make them come off looking much worse. Whereas someone like Glooble pre-emptively unvoted and has had the good sense to stay there.

Okay, I'm going to bed. Real-life Dominion tournament in the morning. Tables, Axxle, Dsell, SFS... would love your thoughts.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: June 23, 2012, 03:08:31 am »

I love how Robz basically stated "no, I'm not sure" about any of them, and then proceeded to explain why each is likely town.

Furthermore, he scrambles to derail a wagon, and then comes out with "well, if I'm wrong and he flips Mafia everybody go back to what they were doing and forget I ever defended him" - Yes Robz,, that's a paraphrase, but was the gist of you're post.

Honestly, while I had a very specific post of Robz's that read absolutely town, almost everything he's said these past two IRL days have been really controlling and unreasonably CONFIDENT. In a way that makes him sounds like M-II Robz.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: June 23, 2012, 03:12:27 am »

I love how Robz basically stated "no, I'm not sure" about any of them, and then proceeded to explain why each is likely town.

Furthermore, he scrambles to derail a wagon, and then comes out with "well, if I'm wrong and he flips Mafia everybody go back to what they were doing and forget I ever defended him" - Yes Robz,, that's a paraphrase, but was the gist of you're post.

Honestly, while I had a very specific post of Robz's that read absolutely town, almost everything he's said these past two IRL days have been really controlling and unreasonably CONFIDENT. In a way that makes him sounds like M-II Robz.

Yes, because I think they are likely town, for obvious reasons. I'm not positive, but I've drawn those conclusions. That's the game.

If I'm wrong, and Grujah is mafia, here is what happens, obviously--I become a main lynch target next day. That was a given. I'm town, so I don't want to encourage thinking that way, but yes I'm prepared for that.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: June 23, 2012, 03:13:37 am »

Okay, yes. We are getting sidetracked. Because you sidetracked us, saying more things that weren't accurate. My bad.
Wow? I blamed myself. No need to be pissy and rude about it.

Now for my crackpot theory, that looks for mafia groups. This is actually the only way to really find mafia, is to start saying, "Well, if he is mafia, then not he..." etc.

Lol no, it's not. It is a bit in IRL mafia but certainly not here. We didn't look for trios at lylo in MIII, we looked for whoever was singularly most scummy, volt. And we were right.

Too bad we have, like, way way way way too much has happened today to actualyl look at patterns like that. So I took the easiest pattern I could--lynch votes on day 1--and compared them to a possible lynch of Grujah. If you think I've misidentified you, fine. Do you honestly not see any merit in my theory?

Look, I know you all want to trust your "reads" which I think are whatever and usually wrong and were certainly wrong yesterday (not yours specifically, O--see how I manage to get your voting history correct? it's not that hard).
More smartassery. I was enjoying our debate and keeping it mostly civil (at least more civil than you are). Why do you feel the need to add cheeky insults to this?

But, look, somebody is fooling us, and doing it in groups.
It's not clear that A) anyone was fooling us until you came along or B) there is any group fooling us instead of single people

And this is an interesting groups. And on top of that, I think O and Galzria are trying to poke holes in the theory that make them come off looking much worse.
No crap. Except we do this whether we're town or mafia. Survivalisttell is not scumtell. Derp derp derp derp/

Whereas someone like Glooble pre-emptively unvoted and has had the good sense to stay there.

This could also be framed as scummy hedging. Really this is just you framing things to get people to vote your way, whether you're right or not.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: June 23, 2012, 03:15:03 am »

missed this one

Too bad we have, like, way way way way too much has happened today to actualyl look at patterns like that. So I took the easiest pattern I could--lynch votes on day 1--and compared them to a possible lynch of Grujah. If you think I've misidentified you, fine. Do you honestly not see any merit in my theory?

Honestly? I find your theory about as likely as the theory that SFS and Tables are actually fakeclaiming scum. Which no, I don't believe.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: June 23, 2012, 03:16:39 am »

CONFIDENT? Says the guy who throws around votes and "100% certainties" all the time. To be clear: I am NOT confident or certain or sure of anything.

What I am is highly suspicious that the bandwagon against Grujah came together--quickly and instantly--when other bandwagons failed. And that it includes all (plus O) of the people from the previous day. This is not interesting to you? Come on, Galz. I mean, don't, because I think you're mafia. I'm not sure of it! You could very well not be. No confidence. Just my thoughts.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: June 23, 2012, 03:17:29 am »

O, sorry for being rude. I mean that sincerely.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: June 23, 2012, 03:18:00 am »

8 viewers of thread, 3 mafia players on I believe.

Yea we better we damn entertaining.

Robz, its ok <3. Just needed to check you there.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: June 23, 2012, 03:19:17 am »

8 viewers of thread, 3 mafia players on I believe.

Yea we better we damn entertaining.

Robz, its ok <3. Just needed to check you there.

:) You know Tables, SFS, and Dsell are chilling at their mafia HQ, watching us destroy everything...

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: June 23, 2012, 03:19:47 am »

Ugh, I did an emoticon. Now you should lynch me for sure.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: June 23, 2012, 03:22:07 am »

CONFIDENT? Says the guy who throws around votes and "100% certainties" all the time. To be clear: I am NOT confident or certain or sure of anything.

What I am is highly suspicious that the bandwagon against Grujah came together--quickly and instantly--when other bandwagons failed. And that it includes all (plus O) of the people from the previous day. This is not interesting to you? Come on, Galz. I mean, don't, because I think you're mafia. I'm not sure of it! You could very well not be. No confidence. Just my thoughts.

Please point me to a post in this thread where I listed percentages. No?

Let's try M-III. Oh, found one did you? Was out the one on Jo (where I was right), or the one on you (where I was right)? Maybe the one I listed Volt as highly likely? Wait, I was right there too?

You know, for someone who is SO sure his reads are better than everybodies in the game, can you point to one Mafia lynch vote you've been on since the final Axxle lynch in M-I?

I'm hardly perfect with my reads, but I don't have the arrogance to tell everybody how much better my reads are than theirs.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: June 23, 2012, 03:25:29 am »

I mean, we all know the only people with superior reads here and myself and popsofctown. That's just given.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: June 23, 2012, 03:26:46 am »

Please point me to a post in this thread where I listed percentages. No?

Let's try M-III. Oh, found one did you? Was out the one on Jo (where I was right), or the one on you (where I was right)? Maybe the one I listed Volt as highly likely? Wait, I was right there too?

You know, for someone who is SO sure his reads are better than everybodies in the game, can you point to one Mafia lynch vote you've been on since the final Axxle lynch in M-I?

I'm hardly perfect with my reads, but I don't have the arrogance to tell everybody how much better my reads are than theirs.

Galz, I was responding to O, who said I had "terrible" town reads:

It's hard for me to point to correct lynches that I have been on the correct side of, when I spent all of MII as mafia, and all of MIII dead after the first round. In my only living round during MIII, my vote was for a mafia. In MI, yeah I made some mistakes.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: June 23, 2012, 03:31:58 am »

I mean, we all know the only people with superior reads here and myself and popsofctown. That's just given.

Like I said, I can point to a single post where he tells pro-town this game. I just don't like how he's swooped in with a "stop right there! I'm better than you all and you're wrong!" Attitude.

I also find anybody that can "clear" 8 of 12 people (with at least 3 Mafia) to be seriously misguided about his game, and thus he losses any credibility he might've had.

He thinks that 6 of 12 voting together quickly sends up red flags, but finding the entire Mafia team (down to + or - 1 player) doesn't bother him.

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 1 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #2046 on: June 23, 2012, 03:36:51 am »

One thing I wanted to mention is that if one or the other of Jo and Axxle is mafia, or neither is mafia... well, there is a good chance some of the mafia are sitting out the voting right now, waiting to see which bandwagon gets closest to hammer. Or maybe they aren't even going to vote, because why would they? They might not need to.

Right now, the people who haven't voted for anybody are Tables, Grujah, and Glooble. Insomniac, O, and Theorel have all voted for someone other than Jo and Axxle.

Insomniac and O have votes on Pops, which is something I understand, so I'm going to discount them here a bit. That leaves Tables, Glooble, Grujah, and Theorel. Other than Tables, I have gotten some funny vibes from all of these people. When we go hunting for 2nd and 3rd mafia (or possibly 1st mafia), this is a group I will be keeping my eye on.

Just food for thought. I'm starting to get anxious for this round to end. I don't plan to switch my vote, though.

SwitchedFromStarcraft, Tables, and Grujah searched the deceased Lord's Throne Room, hoping for the key, or clues, or both.

When that didn't work, they did it again. 

Vote Count 1-13

popsofctown (2) - Insomniac, O
jotheonah (4) - Green Opal, Robz888, Dsell, Axxle
Dsell (1) - theorel
Axxle (5) - Galzria, jotheonah, Captain_Frisk, SwitchedFromStarcraft, popsofctown

Not Voting {3} - Tables, Grujah, Glooble

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Monday, June 25, 9:59 a.m. EDT

Just found this post... interesting for reference.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: June 23, 2012, 03:45:42 am »

Robz, you quoted me, so you'll understand when I thought you were responding to me.

Look, go back... 2 pages? now, and I made it pretty clear I don't trust this wagon. It got rolling too quickly (although that same argument was made for Jo's D1 wagon, remember?). I wasn't going to vote until Axxle came, lurked, and didn't respond. If they're partners that was a very scumread tell. No being forced to bus or defend.

So I voted to force the issue. Am I wary? Yeah, sure. But in this game you're always one of 3 things until killed and flip town:

You're Mafia busing
You're Mafia bandwagoning
You're Mafia defending

The last is the LEAST likely path for Mafia to take. You know this. The second is viable, and you present your theory around it. The first is harder to catch.

But let's look at your theory. You have "cleared" for all intents everyone but 4 people. 3 of which were on both Bandwagons, and O. Do you really, truly believe the 3 Mafia would all play together like that? It's WIFOM, but it's really not because the whole Mafia team would be OMGUS. So that means it's much more likely that AT LEAST one of your "town" reads is wrong.

I mean, I just can't see YOU of all people buying your own theory here. It's just beyond ridiculous.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: June 23, 2012, 03:50:14 am »

It doesn't seem that ridiculous to me, actually.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: June 23, 2012, 03:52:38 am »

Vote Count 2-21A

jotheonah (3): Dsell, SwitchedFromStarcraft, Tables
O (1): Grujah
Grujah (5): Captain_Frisk, popsofctown, jotheonah, Galzria, O

Not voting {3}: Axxle, Glooble, Robz888

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Lynch Deadline:  Monday, June 25, 9:59 a.m. EDT
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:24:03 pm by Voltgloss »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.