Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 335775 times)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1500 on: June 13, 2012, 11:07:46 pm »

Someone say something brilliant.

I'm going to bed.

This seems like a brilliant enough suggestion that I'm going to follow it.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: June 13, 2012, 11:09:09 pm »

I, too, am feeling fairly lost. I liked my theory about Glooble and Jo, but them being twin brothers sort of explains it away. I still find them separately to be the most suspicious people, so I hesitantly support lynching one or the other, although I'm not sure which one.

As for Galzria. Galzria, Galzria, Galzria. I can't read him at all. He makes mostly good arguments, some very bad arguments, and his votes are everywhere.

Tables, I think SFS is obvtown because of his roleclaim. I don't think he's smart enough to lie about it. I'm not suggesting he's stupid--I mean that in the context of mafia, he seems too new-ish, and too poor an arguer right now to pull this off. It strikes me as naivety, not mafia strategy.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: June 13, 2012, 11:11:04 pm »

Also if SFS hadn't claimed I would be trying to policy lynch him for bringing politics into mafia, and I'm a radical liberal.
I warned everyone in an early post on Day 1 that I would be using humor.  (That post itself drew all sorts of scrutiny.)  I did not promise that everyone would find it funny.  (Nor did I promise I would be a good player.)
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: June 13, 2012, 11:23:57 pm »

...Hell, I'll go ahead and say it: We all know SFS is lying. The question is only in which direction (Its very very likely town). (OMG HE GAVE ADVICE AN IDIOT MAFIA WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DECIPHER WITHOUT HIS HELP HE MUST BE MAFIA): No, if we had an idiot mafia our choices would be a lot easier atm.
Emphasis mine.
I actually laughed out loud, so thanks for that, and for making the game (suddenly) a lot more enjoyable.

That being said, I like Robz's case against Glooble, and you clearly don't.  You also clearly cannot tell whose lying and who isn't. The intersection of those two sets worries me.  So does your disclaimer early in the quoted post (which I unfortunately deleted for the sake of brevity), where you say "Now, more out of boredom/desire debate then real disagreement (I haven't settled on your case yet), I'll ask you some questions" yet the post itself is pretty strong evidence that you DO disagree AND YOU ASKED NO QUESTIONS! (Yes, I know the last point ended in a question mark, but the words failed to pose a question.)

VOTE: 0 (aka .)

....I stopped after Pops said rolehunting was a terrible idea, but if you really are going to vote for me I'll explicity explain myself, which is nearly certainly not good for town.

Well, I want to be fair, and not affect the outcome of the game any more than I already have (I guess now I'm glad I voted for the discussion thread, cause I'm probably enormously entertaining there) so:

@All other than O - Can someone give me an example (or a hypothetical) of a situation where a player responding to thoughts such as mine in the quoted post be bad for the town?  For extra credit, confirm (or make me doubt) my thinking that offering but deferring a response because it 'would not be good for the town' is just as likely a mafia thing to say as a town thing to say.

@O - This is not to prompt a response (yet) from you, as I will respect your desire not to follow in my bad-town-play footsteps, but you can certainly consider my vote as evidence that I really did intend to vote for you. In case it wasn't, you know, obvious. I have not, and will not, be voting for someone I don't intend to. Sigh.
Posting begets posting.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: June 13, 2012, 11:38:25 pm »

also am i the only player under 30 on iso :(

Are you talking about age, level or mean skill?  I think SFS is below 30 on 2 of those, but based on his recognition of Alice's Restaurant, I predict that he is over 30 on age.

Aww, I'm starting to think you guys like me.  For those supposedly paying attention, I believe I've already posted my specific age here in this thread.  I certainly have elsewhere on the forum.  Yes I'm over 30 (well over). And I likely wont see 30 as a description of the other two variables as applicable to me.

There is nothing wrong with being on either side of 30 on all of those metrics, I was just trying to clarify what the hell he was asking, and because I had actually looked you up, I knew about your iso rating.  I just commented on the age to get another Alice's Restaraunt reference in, because if the other people reading this aren't listening to that song RIGHT NOW, they are doing it wrong.

That said, it appears that you've been cleared (tables being an exception)  Is there any reason for the rapid fire posting responding to messages from many pages back?  Many of these really just don't seem like they warrant their own post.  What is your goal here?
CF, I'm just getting caught up after 48 hours of no reading.  My goal in this game is to have some idea (by the end of the game) as to how to play.  Apparently, I will achieve that by knowing how not to play.  Some of tonite's posts were to respond to things I thought needed responding to, and others were to point things out or ask for responses from others.  There is an excellent chance that some of those in the former category result from a combination of a) my feeling somewhat bruised and b) my unwillingness to stop being myself even when playing a game.
Posting begets posting.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1505 on: June 14, 2012, 12:03:01 am »

Is this a tell?  In setting up this paragraph, you asked us to imagine you are scum - ok, we await the hypothetical. Blah blah, then the magic words "I would be immediately lynched the next day".  That would be true only if I flipped town, but you didn't establish that in the setup of the hypothetical, and I'm not sure it is assumed, especially in light of your feelings - you aren't convinced I'm town. So did you slip up?  'Cause the only people that know FOR SURE that I am town are me, the mafia, and Voltgloss.

If we assume that I am scum, I would know that you are not scum. Well, barring one of us being the witch. The Mafia know who their partners are.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: June 14, 2012, 08:30:07 am »

Vote: Galzria

Ah, the first (maybe second) townie vote on me.

Ok, so the votes on you at this time are: Pops, Axxle, and Me.  If you're accusing Pops / Axxle of being mafia, then why are you still voting for your very specific claim of RobZ == Serial Killah
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: June 14, 2012, 08:44:21 am »

Ok, so the votes on you at this time are: Pops, Axxle, and Me.  If you're accusing Pops / Axxle of being mafia, then why are you still voting for your very specific claim of RobZ == Serial Killah

Think about it. Look at the votes, the history, and think about it. If it helps, look at post #1391, and consider it.

Also, I'm leaning towards Dsell and O being Town.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: June 14, 2012, 08:52:38 am »

Think about it. Look at the votes, the history, and think about it. If it helps, look at post #1391, and consider it.

That explains why you'd rather lynch SK over letting Mafia NK them, an argument I"m not sure I agree with... but it doesn't address why you have claimed to have a Mafia read on Pops and or Axxle (since you comment when I vote that I'm the first (maybe 2nd) town)... yet are not actually voting to lynch mafia.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: June 14, 2012, 08:58:46 am »

That explains why you'd rather lynch SK over letting Mafia NK them, an argument I"m not sure I agree with... but it doesn't address why you have claimed to have a Mafia read on Pops and or Axxle (since you comment when I vote that I'm the first (maybe 2nd) town)... yet are not actually voting to lynch mafia.

On whom I have my strongest reads, switching my vote at this time would accomplish nothing. My case against Robz, I still believe is as likely as his counter-argument (though again: it would be harmful for him to elaborate at this time). Furthermore, lynching SK instead of Mafia at this time is not a concern of mine - by which I mean my potential SK read is not in danger of dying.

And there is more to be gained from post #1391 than you got from it.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: June 14, 2012, 09:55:14 am »

Vote Count 2-8

Captain_Frisk (1): O
popsofctown (2): Tables, Dsell
Robz888 (1): Galzria
Galzria (3): popsofctown, Captain_Frisk, jotheonah
O (1): SwitchedFromStarcraft

Not voting {4}: Glooble, Grujah, Robz888, Axxle

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: June 14, 2012, 10:21:10 am »

Captain Frisk is a bawss.  I feel better about my Galz vote now.

For those who missed the obvious, "I'd just shoot the SK" rings entirely hollow if the SK is kill immune.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: June 14, 2012, 10:32:14 am »

...Yea no, we want to lynch both SK and mafia scum. Can't really try and rely on one scum to take out the other.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: June 14, 2012, 10:49:00 am »

...Yea no, we want to lynch both SK and mafia scum. Can't really try and rely on one scum to take out the other.

Of course we do.  All I'm saying is that:I believe that Town should prefer:

Mafia Lynch > Serial Killer Lynch > Town Lynch

Mafia should prefer:
Serial Killer Lynch > Town Lynch > Mafia Lynch

Serial Killer (based on current game state) should prefer:
Mafia Lynch > Town Lynch > SK Lynch

Mafia night kill should prefer:
Serial Killer > Town

Vig night kill should prefer:
Mafia > Serial Killer > Town

SK night kill should prefer:
Mafia > Town > (Only Morgrim would self kill as SK)

If RobZ is a serial killer (which is a very specific accusation), I would want to lynch him after the game state has shifted back to a scenario where the SK would want to kill town again.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: June 14, 2012, 10:54:30 am »

But if we can't be sure of lynching mafia, and we had a guaranteed SK lynch (we don't by any means), its inanely stupid to wander blindly into town lynch, 2x town kill again. We'd lynch the SK immediately first, since they're guaranteed to not be townie.

That being said I haven't seen a case against robz and we have nothing close to a guaranteed SK

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: June 14, 2012, 10:57:19 am »

That being said I haven't seen a case against robz and we have nothing close to a guaranteed SK

+1. 

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: June 14, 2012, 01:14:47 pm »

Bump.

2 hours and no posting?  I know crazy O is flying around, but surely other folks are around.  Anyone else want to suspect people?  Galz is quiet, which is way out of character, and given that he just died in that brain burner of a game Bastard Mafia I, he shouldn't have any distractions.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: June 14, 2012, 01:18:55 pm »

Yeah, I am totally just sitting around hoping mafia stuff happens.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: June 14, 2012, 01:22:45 pm »

Bump.

2 hours and no posting?  I know crazy O is flying around, but surely other folks are around.  Anyone else want to suspect people?  Galz is quiet, which is way out of character, and given that he just died in that brain burner of a game Bastard Mafia I, he shouldn't have any distractions.

I will put things together in a mammoth, rip your eyes out, post late tonight. I need to be at a PC to do so. But I'm only doing it for you, k?

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: June 14, 2012, 01:24:34 pm »

As soon as you do, Galz, I am going to accuse you of being the Serial Killer.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: June 14, 2012, 01:45:38 pm »

Ok, who else do we have here (in random order after copy paste of most recent vote count)

Captain_Frisk: Hi

popsofctown: Playing the too much of a pain in the ass to suspect more or less than anyone else game.
O: See Pops

J: Should be lynched on policy, but too dangerous to do today.  I can promise my next game will open with a vote on J.
Glooble: Should be lynched in accordance with same policy.

Robz888:  Actively posting.  Is apparently the serial killer.  I don't agree with his beliefs, but information in this game is not symmetric.
Galzria: Making what I perceive to be bad arguments... which seems way out of character.

SwitchedFromStarcraft: I think I got enough of his posting last night.
Grujah: Where are you man?
Axxle:   Most recent post: 7pm last night.  Plenty of activity elsewhere between now and then.  Any thoughts other than not liking my vote?
Tables:  His continued discussion of SFS feels strange to me.  If we were on day 1, a policy lynch on SFS would be fine by me, but today it seems that we have more suspicious characters than dreaming up a conspiracy theory in which SFS was told "Please act bananas"
Dsell:     No meaningful posts here in a while.  I know that other game is more exciting, but this could be lurking?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: June 14, 2012, 05:27:05 pm »

Is it time to start voting happily ever after?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: June 14, 2012, 05:29:20 pm »

@C_F, sorry, yes I've been lurking some, between MIII being at a crucial juncture and leaving for vacation tomorrow I've been really busy. Unfortunately I don't have a ton of substance to add at this point.

I suppose I understand what Tables is getting at by saying he's not convinced that SFS is obvtown. What really sealed the deal for me was his reveal of his nighttime action. I just don't see him doing that as mafia, even at the suggestion of scum buddies. There've been lots of other things but mainly...he looks just like a noob! Which is what he claims he is, so I see no real reason for concern. Tables, are you suspicious of SFS or just concerned that people are seeing him as 100% town?

I don't think I buy a lot of the SK talk, not because they're not sound arguments but because they are based on SO MANY ASSUMPTIONS. There is just really no way to know who is what with a town this size. So if things persist as they are and there is still a SK out there in a few days, we may really need to come back and look closely at these arguments. But for now there are just too many variables for me to really buy in.

There's been a lot of butting of heads going on recently and I don't know exactly what to make of it. I hope there is mafia in there somewhere but I can't be sure, so it may all be a wild goose chase anyway.

I am still pretty suspicious of jo.

I'm actually pretty tempted to vote for Grujah because I really do suspect this guy...lurking, looking opportunistic with his votes, with fairly short and forgettable posts.

For now I think I'll revert back to jo and if any of these feuds get off the ground, I may pick a side before I leave.

Vote: jotheonah
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: June 14, 2012, 05:33:49 pm »

Vote: Galz

I'm not as wary of CF's weird vote anymore.  I may rescind it again after Galz's mega post he claims to have.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: June 14, 2012, 05:34:09 pm »

For now I think I'll revert back to jo and if any of these feuds get off the ground, I may pick a side before I leave.

Vote: jotheonah

Too lazy to find it - what is your schedule?
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 17 queries.