Dominion > Rules Questions

summon + death cart vs. summon + nomad camp

<< < (2/12) > >>

werothegreat:

--- Quote from: infangthief on June 26, 2018, 05:00:38 am ---If you trash/top-deck each ruin using Watchtower or Royal Seal, then Death Cart is sitting there on top of your discard pile when Summon tries to set it aside.
But Summon has still lost-track of Death Cart, right?

I suppose you just have to keep track of which cards/events have lost-track of which other cards...

--- End quote ---

For WT/RS, you still need to gain the Ruins first, into your discard pile, thus you still lose track.  You would need to prevent the gain of the Ruins in the first place.

However, Nomad Camp can be Summoned, as it is not lost track of - it just has a different gain destination.

GendoIkari:
If I understand it right, the difference between Death Cart and Nomad Camp in this particular case isn't that Nomad Camp has a different gain destination, but that Death Cart has cards that come with it that cover it up. It's the Ruins that are causing you to lose track; I don't see why Nomad Camp would potentially have a similar issue.

markusin:

--- Quote from: GendoIkari on June 26, 2018, 10:21:26 am ---If I understand it right, the difference between Death Cart and Nomad Camp in this particular case isn't that Nomad Camp has a different gain destination, but that Death Cart has cards that come with it that cover it up. It's the Ruins that are causing you to lose track; I don't see why Nomad Camp would potentially have a similar issue.

--- End quote ---

It wouldn't fail for the same reason, but this makes me think about how there seems to be an implicit assumption that Summon looks for the gained card at the card's default gain location (whether that default location is the discard, top of deck, or the hand if there were any night-action cards that were gained to hand). Is Summon meant to work with Nomad Camp?

Chris is me:

--- Quote from: markusin on June 26, 2018, 10:57:16 am ---
--- Quote from: GendoIkari on June 26, 2018, 10:21:26 am ---If I understand it right, the difference between Death Cart and Nomad Camp in this particular case isn't that Nomad Camp has a different gain destination, but that Death Cart has cards that come with it that cover it up. It's the Ruins that are causing you to lose track; I don't see why Nomad Camp would potentially have a similar issue.

--- End quote ---

It wouldn't fail for the same reason, but this makes me think about how there seems to be an implicit assumption that Summon looks for the gained card at the card's default gain location (whether that default location is the discard, top of deck, or the hand if there were any night-action cards that were gained to hand). Is Summon meant to work with Nomad Camp?

--- End quote ---

I can’t answer “meant to”, but it sure does work - the card is where Summon expects it to be.

GendoIkari:

--- Quote from: Chris is me on June 26, 2018, 11:17:09 am ---
--- Quote from: markusin on June 26, 2018, 10:57:16 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I can’t answer “meant to”, but it sure does work - the card is where Summon expects it to be.

--- End quote ---

Right, I believe the rule for lose track always deals with when a card has been moved or covered up. When Summon looks for the card that was just gained; Summon doesn't "know" that cards are gained to the discard pile as a general rule. It's going off of wherever the card was gained to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version