Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31  All

Author Topic: MAFIA V: Emptying the Apothecary Pile GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 76987 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
Re: MAFIA V: Emptying the Apothecary Pile (Day 2)
« Reply #700 on: July 11, 2012, 07:48:04 am »

just gonna throw out there that this would not be happening if robz had just come up with a damn plan when we asked him to

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 11, 2012, 07:50:26 am »

If robz posts a plan other than "do crazy random" then we should do it.

Also, I now know we have mislynched, unless someone is bussing.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 11, 2012, 07:51:55 am »

frisk youre going to have to trust me here. btw everyone ignore this chaos and stick to original plan if robz flips mafia.

frisk-galz is an impossible pairing cause if it's frisk-galz then mafia target was TINAS so i in fact have a night kill and frisk-galz knows it. but frisk-galz agreed to a plan where i target one of them and that person is not doctored.

therefore one of yuma or o is mafia. yuma is innocent child apparently so i target O. I need yuma not to target O because yuma may have doctoring capabilities.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 11, 2012, 08:11:35 am »

important: if there are two mafia left tomorrow but the game is not over, that means we can force a tie with the vig or, better, jailkeep the killer, so do not vote in the situation that there are two mafia left tomorrow.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: MAFIA V: Emptying the Apothecary Pile (Day 2) PM MOD FOR DISCUSSION QT
« Reply #704 on: July 11, 2012, 09:01:02 am »

When Robz888 chased the yarn, ehunt, Galzria, and yuma all agreed he must be a Familiar. 
"Quick!" yelled ehunt as night fell, "Someone help us brew this poison Potion."
They looked over at O, who had been quietly knitting with the other ball of yarn. He held up a perfectly knit noose.
"Let's just do it the old fashioned way," he said.

Vote Count

Robz888[4] - yuma, Galzria, ehunt, O
Captain_Frisk[1] - Robz888

not voting - Captain_Frisk

Robz888, the Town Apothecary, is dead.
THREAD LOCKED. Day 3 begins in 48 hours or when all night actions have been submitted. If anyone chooses not to submit a night action, please send me a "No Action" PM.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: July 12, 2012, 02:38:12 pm »

The next morning the sun rose on the Vineyard. The Chancellor came bustling on to the scene.

“Good, news, good news!” he cried. “The Witch has decided to call off her … familiars...”

But here his voice trailed off at the incredible sight before his eyes. In the light of the sun there was one more dead apothecary – Captain Frisk.  But there were also two dead cats, black as pitch.

Galzria and ehunt wandered out of their makeshift hovels.

“Well then,” said the Chancellor. “Well done then. You're, uh, not very good doctors, are you?”

The Game is over. Town wins.

Galzria and ehunt, Town Apothecaries, survive.

O and yuma, Familiars, were malpracticed on Night 2.

Captain Frisk, Town Apothecary, was killed Night 2.

Here were the roles:

Robz888 – Apprentice
Galzria – Stoned Philosopher
TINAS – Possessor
ftl – True Apothecary
Captain_Frisk – Alchemist
zxcvbn2/ehunt – Golem
Insomniac – Herbalist
yuma – Familiar
O – Familiar

And the night actions:

N1
zxcvbn2 targets Insomniac – success: Insomniac dies
Robz888 targets Galzria – failed (Robz888 is possessed)
TINAS targets Robz888 – success: Robz888 is possessed and protected
Captain_Frisk targets TINAS – success: TINAS dies
Insomniac targets zxcvbn2 – success: zxcvbn2 is healed
Galzria targets TINAS – nothing happens
yuma targets Robz888 – failed (Robz888 is possessed)

N2
Galzria targets ehunt – nothing happens
ehunt targets O – success: O dies
Captain Frisk targets yuma – success: yuma dies
yuma targets Captain Frisk – success: Captain Frisk dies

I couldn't believe the town pulled this off. There was one way to win, and you guys landed on it. You killed your real doctor day 1, his replacement night 1, and his apprentice day 2. Somehow you still won. This game is wack.

But it was a pleasure modding for you. Congratulations on a game well played.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 12, 2012, 02:40:28 pm »

There's a reason town are like 6-1 in this setup on mafiascum..

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: MAFIA V: Emptying the Apothecary Pile GAME OVER
« Reply #707 on: July 12, 2012, 02:41:41 pm »

God damn. Wow. Just, wow.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 12, 2012, 02:42:24 pm »

And the QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/sXbhHDBhAHxn

Mafia played an amazing game, and if life were fair would have triumphed.

He/him

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 12, 2012, 02:44:05 pm »

I'll post my thoughts. Frisk is BRILLIANT for targeting yuma.

pairings in rough order of intuitive likelihood.

O/galz --> case a: Mafia kill was insomniac. So I am probably not a vig, unless lucky coincidence. But CF is vig b/c TINAS died, so CF plan results
      in CF killing galz (we are lucky that timestamp was even!) I should target O although presumably nothing will happen.

case b: Mafia kill was TINAS. I am a vig. In the frisk plan I kill frisk, which results in a town loss. So I should target O and cross my fingers
      that yuma doesn't jailkeep or heal him, as per my request.

O/frisk --> case a: Mafia kill was insomniac, so I'm probably not vig. Moreover, Galz is a vig. He is targetting me per CF plan,
         which is very, very bad. CF proposed plan at random, so that was risky for him to do, but he's laughing his way to the bank now.
         In this case we lose no matter what I do, because mafia can kill yuma tonight with impunity.
       case b: Mafia kill was TINAS. I am a vig. I should target one of O or Frisk. If yuma has healing or jailkeeping abilities (likely)
       then a Frisk target is better than an O target, because yuma's most likely target is O. OTOH yuma is not dumb and has got to notice
       that O's hammer is scummy. I also left yuma specific instructions not to target O! And this scenario involves suicidal Frisk.

O/yuma --> case a: Mafia kill was insomniac. One of Galz and Frisk is a vig; moreover, the other is useless. If Frisk plan goes down,
      mafia targets Frisk (whom I'm supposed to be targeting, but they know I'm the one of the three who can't kill), killing him and winning the game
      no matter what I do.I may as well target O and hope we are very lucky.

case b: Mafia kill was TINAS. I am a vig. I target O. This is actually the case which I hope is true, because it will mean Yuma can't block my O kill. Unfortunately
   it will be hard to distinguish this from O/Galz case b tomorrow, if everything goes right.

yuma/galz --> case a: Mafia kill was insomniac. I'm probably not a vig. Good news is that CF is targeting Galz. If I target O, it probably does nothing,
   but could be bad if I happen to be a vig (who deduced that I was a vig for the wrong reason). However, same if I target Frisk.

case b: Mafia kill was TINAS. I'm a vig. Frisk hit (per CF plan) is suicide. Unfortunately, O hit is also suicide.

galz/frisk --> There is no case a, else TINAS would not have died night one. So i'm vig and moreover g/f know that i am vig.
To believe this is happening, you have to believe that frisk proposed, and galz seconded, a plan that guarantees the death of one of them. With no communication,
this is crazy.
Thus this case is highly unlikely.The WIFOM here is that CF could have been double jedi-mind-tricking me, proposing a suicide plan to look town
so that I would do his O kill for him.This is the only case in which it makes sense
for me to target Frisk and not O.

yuma/frisk --> we're doomed. case a: Mafia kill was insomniac. I'm probably not a vig, Galz certainly is. Galz is targeting me, so town loses.
case b: Mafia kill was TINAS. I'm a vig. I should hit Frisk as per plan and not O, similar to the O/frisk case. However, if I do this, town will not be able to distinguish
this from the O/Frisk case scenario b tomorrow and will mislynch. Again also requires a suicidal Frisk.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 12, 2012, 02:44:39 pm »

I'm going to chalk this up to incredibly bad luck (no offense). Yuma was innocent child for much of the game and I was never in any lynch danger because Galz really wasn't going to lynch me. I knew ehunt was golem/vig and knew I was dead night 2, but assumed that CF/Galz would either 1) listen to ehunt and follow the pairings because they believed him or 2) both target ehunt because he was looking quite scummy at the end there.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 12, 2012, 02:46:34 pm »

Nice work eHunt.

Holy shit I was nervous about not following the plan.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 12, 2012, 02:46:50 pm »

To be fair, I did suspect O, but really couldn't have fingered Yuma. So props. I thought O/CF for sure going into night.

Props to CF on the Yuma kill. I followed orders hoping to be a jailed protective role, and protect eHunt, who I then trusted.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 12, 2012, 02:48:34 pm »

To be fair, I did suspect O, but really couldn't have fingered Yuma. So props. I thought O/CF for sure going into night.

Props to CF on the Yuma kill. I followed orders hoping to be a jailed protective role, and protect eHunt, who I then trusted.

I mean yea, once I hammered Robz I was obvscum. I was hoping some misinterpretation about roles would save me or that there would be 3 deaths. There WERE three deaths...

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 12, 2012, 02:50:21 pm »

I'm going to chalk this up to incredibly bad luck (no offense). Yuma was innocent child for much of the game and I was never in any lynch danger because Galz really wasn't going to lynch me. I knew ehunt was golem/vig and knew I was dead night 2, but assumed that CF/Galz would either 1) listen to ehunt and follow the pairings because they believed him or 2) both target ehunt because he was looking quite scummy at the end there.

O - I wouldn't have targeted Yuma if you had let me cast the final vote.  You doing it basically cemented it for me.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 12, 2012, 02:50:58 pm »

Anyone else want to comment on the hilarious efficiency with which you all dispatched your real doctors. Just one by one... I was giggling.

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 12, 2012, 02:52:24 pm »

O - I wouldn't have targeted Yuma if you had let me cast the final vote.  You doing it basically cemented it for me.

I honestly didn't remember about the deadline change and would have certainly held off if I knew there was more time. I would have actually probably continued to push for an Ehunt lynch, who I was pretty sure was a killing role.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 12, 2012, 02:53:19 pm »

Real doctor and real herbalist here, YOU GUYS...I was still sure at the end that ehunt/zxc was mafia i didn't see any other reason I should have died. So props on figuring it out
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 12, 2012, 02:59:06 pm »

So for me - O's hammer confirmed him as mafia - eHunt identifying the need to switch confirmed it.  That left O + Galz or O + yuma.  If it was O + galz - then i was probably useless.  If it was O + yuma - which then makes sense for agreeing to the plan - then there was a chance that I might be dangerous -> hence the switch to yuma. 

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 12, 2012, 03:05:10 pm »

@frisk i agree o is obvscum, can you explain how you figured out i couldn't be scum?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: July 12, 2012, 03:24:19 pm »

@frisk i agree o is obvscum, can you explain how you figured out i couldn't be scum?

Well - if you were scum, then you were doing all this stuff as crazy times - and you still had a potential kill coming your way - when you could have just killed Galz or I. 

All you were asking was that Yuma not target O.  If you were mafia , you'd only ask for this if you thought that Yuma might be dangerous, and frankly you'd probably be more concerned with diverting me or Galz from targeting you.  Well Galz was already targeting you (allegedly), and if Yuma was dangerous - then there's a very good chance that I'd be dead already. 

Then the realization that Galz was wrong - that O and Yuma could be a mafia pairing - and that O's hammer without conflict to the plan meant that he felt his town could make it through the night without casualty.

I figured the worst case was that you killed O, and I falsely killed Yuma - but at least 2 of us would be alive the next day and its 2 on 1.

Why did you guys pick me as the night kill?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 12, 2012, 03:24:51 pm »

Oh - can we all yell @ RobZ for not putting together a plan?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 12, 2012, 03:26:00 pm »

Oh - and while I am mafia undefeated - this was much more satisfying than being night killed by the serial killer on night 1.  Even if I still died.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 12, 2012, 03:26:34 pm »

Wow, just got done working... We win???????

My thoughts:
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 12, 2012, 03:28:10 pm »

Oh - can we all yell @ RobZ for not putting together a plan?

No apologies!! I don't know anything to tell you! I was even mostly wrong in my suspicions. And we systematically exterminated all the real doctors. This is an unbelievable win.

And I am also undefeated in Forum mafia :)
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 16 queries.