Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 51  All

Author Topic: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Town wins!)  (Read 126810 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #325 on: June 19, 2015, 05:06:57 pm »

Hydrad: How RVSy was this vote really?  Can you elaborate on your thoughts at the time you made it?

Vote: WW

because I want to see him lynched day 1 once.

And what do you think of Teproc's response to it?

At the time it was pretty RVSy but its kinda turned into a real vote (now I'm scum because I said that right)

Then for teprocs response I guess I agreed with it. We were pretty much out of RVS and with my WW vote there I could have turned the game back into RVS and just hurt us so I think his point was valid.

Cool.  Any particular reason you wanted to move off Seprix at that time?

That was even more RVSy then WW. the seprix vote was pretty much just pick a random person to vote kinda vote. WW is I'm actually curious what happens if he gets pressure day 1 kinda vote.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 19, 2015, 05:24:57 pm »

One more thing, Hydrad.  Do you have any thoughts either way about Mail-mi's unvoting you?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
Re: M64: Pony-Mafia Mafia (Day 1 start!)
« Reply #327 on: June 19, 2015, 05:32:20 pm »

@Skip: If you had to, gun to your head, vote for one of me, Seprix, and Mail-mi right now, who would you vote for and why?
can you explain the point of this question? It stood out upon reread. Like trying to give the appearance of scumhunting/asking serious questions.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 19, 2015, 05:39:21 pm »

@Skip: If you had to, gun to your head, vote for one of me, Seprix, and Mail-mi right now, who would you vote for and why?
can you explain the point of this question? It stood out upon reread. Like trying to give the appearance of scumhunting/asking serious questions.

I wanted to ask something specific of someone I didn't have any read on, picked you because you were online and talking with me and Seprix.  Seprix and I were both voting for each other and had had an exchange that seemed like it could generate some reads, and you'd voted for chairs like 1 minute after he voted for Mail-mi.

It was kind of a random question, but it got something out of you, which was the purpose.

Why does that question stand out to you specifically?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 19, 2015, 05:44:12 pm »

One more thing, Hydrad.  Do you have any thoughts either way about Mail-mi's unvoting you?

Hmm usually when people say something like that it means they think I'm scummy but might not vote me since I seem to have made a meta of being scummy even when I'm town. So I guess thats what I took that unvote as.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 19, 2015, 05:44:19 pm »

I wanted to ask something specific of someone I didn't have any read on, picked you because you were online and talking with me and Seprix.  Seprix and I were both voting for each other and had had an exchange that seemed like it could generate some reads, and you'd voted for chairs like 1 minute after he voted for Mail-mi.

It was kind of a random question, but it got something out of you, which was the purpose.

I dont see how it would help you determine much of anything from whatever my answer might be. It's asking a question for the sake of not wanting to look like you're not asking questions. What did it get out of me?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 19, 2015, 05:49:21 pm »

I dont see how it would help you determine much of anything from whatever my answer might be. It's asking a question for the sake of not wanting to look like you're not asking questions. What did it get out of me?

Well some of it's for later, the reason I included Mail-mi in there is a combo of liking 3 options in a list and the off chance that if one of you flipped scum and we got to analyzing interactions with the other, having some extra response might help paint a picture.  (Or be meaningless, but hey, it's a good enough reason for the 3rd options in a random question.)

I wanted to know if you made a read on me or Seprix (I took it that you thought we were both towny) and I also wanted to know how much attention your were paying or seeing what sort of things you were looking for to see if I could get some idea about your mindset.

Your answer was pretty non-committal, but I didn't know if that would be the case when I asked it.  It wasn't a question meant as part of building a case on you or anything.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 19, 2015, 05:50:45 pm »

It's asking a question for the sake of not wanting to look like you're not asking questions. What did it get out of me?

Do you think I looked like I wasn't participating at that point in the game?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 19, 2015, 05:56:11 pm »

It's asking a question for the sake of not wanting to look like you're not asking questions. What did it get out of me?

Do you think I looked like I wasn't participating at that point in the game?
I think you're possibly the type of person who may feel like you're not participating enough if you know you're really scum.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 19, 2015, 05:58:28 pm »

So to boil down your explanation: you wanted to see what I thought of you and seprix?

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 19, 2015, 06:02:11 pm »

So to boil down your explanation: you wanted to see what I thought of you and seprix?

Not really.  I mean that's what I was really asking but I asked because I wanted to get a read on you and see what your thought process was like, and me and Seprix had had the most solid interaction at that point.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 19, 2015, 06:11:32 pm »

Not really.  I mean that's what I was really asking but I asked because I wanted to get a read on you and see what your thought process was like, and me and Seprix had had the most solid interaction at that point.
alright, I guess. Sounds weak, though

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 19, 2015, 06:33:01 pm »

Well I promised a serious vote. vote: UoS. I still don't like the rvs justification, I don't like this question. It doesn't seem genuine. They're not the kinds of things I remember from your other games (although they were quite a while ago, and were heavy in theory talk). I think this is worth some exploration.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 19, 2015, 06:33:16 pm »

skip / UoS scumteam, calling it now.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 19, 2015, 06:40:56 pm »

The funny thing about Chairs is that he lurks so much, he's only posted 8 times. :)
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 19, 2015, 06:42:20 pm »

Is it just me or does this ww/teproc fight seem a tad scum vs. scum?

The only way to know for sure is to lynch one of them.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 19, 2015, 06:46:09 pm »

I did know it was L-1.

I appreciate all the reactions.

vote: Teproc.  Sorry to worry you, WW, I just wanted to see what Teproc would do to an unannounced L-1 :)

Town read on chairs.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 19, 2015, 06:47:34 pm »

Is it just me or does this ww/teproc fight seem a tad scum vs. scum?

The only way to know for sure is to lynch one of them.
how do you know we'll know for sure after lynching only one of them?  Do you know neither is scum?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 19, 2015, 06:48:03 pm »

I don't think the mail-mi/Teproc scumteam line of reasoning makes much sense either (not only for the obvious reasons), but I doubt WW meant much by it. As a reminder : thinking about scumteams on day 1 is almost always counterproductive.

It's something Jimmmm pointed out once: a lot of the time, when scum has a  scumpartners in a big argument, etc., they make comments like "town v. town" or "same alignment" or something to that effect.

I buy this, actually. Teproc and mail-mi are probably either both town or both scum.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 19, 2015, 06:48:56 pm »

Mmm I think I could go back to vote: skip
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 19, 2015, 06:56:02 pm »

I don't think the mail-mi/Teproc scumteam line of reasoning makes much sense either (not only for the obvious reasons), but I doubt WW meant much by it. As a reminder : thinking about scumteams on day 1 is almost always counterproductive.

It's something Jimmmm pointed out once: a lot of the time, when scum has a  scumpartners in a big argument, etc., they make comments like "town v. town" or "same alignment" or something to that effect.

I buy this, actually. Teproc and mail-mi are probably either both town or both scum.

Or one could be town and one could be scum. There is no real information to be gleaned here.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 19, 2015, 07:02:29 pm »

Or one could be town and one could be scum. There is no real information to be gleaned here.

Why not?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 19, 2015, 07:24:06 pm »

Why not?

Your argument is total WIFOM, not to mention false. Sure, two scum could be arguing. Two town could be arguing. One town and one scum could be arguing. There's nothing to be gleaned here.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 19, 2015, 07:28:20 pm »

I'm not talking about two people arguing, I'm talking about mail-mi commenting on Teproc and WW and how there's a decent argument that that post is more likely to come from scum. And why are you so certain that there's no information to be gained from Teproc and WW's argument?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 19, 2015, 07:28:49 pm »

Could someone just use <b> on a vote or something so we can jump on the scumslip, please?

Also, semi-v/la for the weekend starting in ~30 minutes from this post.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.