Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 338472 times)

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2100 on: September 24, 2014, 12:08:43 pm »

Sorry, I didn't get that update on math where 2/11 became more than 1 - 8/10

My stupid number aside, my point is that IG is town. Are you debating that actual point?

Sorry, this is just stupid pet peeve of mine of math used incorrectly. I'll try to contain myself in the future

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: September 24, 2014, 12:10:47 pm »

My stupid number aside, my point is that IG is town. Are you debating that actual point?

Sorry, this is just stupid pet peeve of mine of math used incorrectly. I'll try to contain myself in the future
If you're still alive. . .
*Evil VT laughter

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: September 24, 2014, 12:11:20 pm »

Staying on the topic - I do not remember forming any specific read on him before recently. Him breaking stalemate is towny though

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: September 24, 2014, 12:11:57 pm »

If you're still alive. . .
*Evil VT laughter

Now now. Isn't it actually evil goon laughter? ;)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: September 24, 2014, 12:12:01 pm »

Staying on the topic - I do not remember forming any specific read on him before recently. Him breaking stalemate is towny though

Have you re-read after PPS's flip, EgorK? IG re-created the PPS wagon.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: September 24, 2014, 12:14:20 pm »

Have you re-read after PPS's flip, EgorK? IG re-created the PPS wagon.

I am not feeling that masochistic/having enough time to do it yet. Plus I feel very strong about silver so I do not think I need other candidates for today. I think if I would need a reread that would be Hydrad reread

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: September 24, 2014, 12:17:28 pm »

Egork, why do you think I'm such a good case? Any reason besides the claim?

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: September 24, 2014, 12:20:28 pm »

The claim (even before slip) just do not fit in

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2108 on: September 24, 2014, 12:21:55 pm »

This is not a strong enough case. I know you don't want to, because I don't either, but you need to reread and see if you still think silver is scum after that.

I haven't reread yet and while I do think one of these claims has to be false, it's not enough to justify a lynch.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #2109 on: September 24, 2014, 12:22:48 pm »

Don't have time to re-read? You need to at least re-read these posts by PPS:

That said, I agree that WW is ICish via the mod mistake. Teproc distilled the WW ICishness so town points to him.

I am not at all following the pacovf angle and think ash is off the rails with this one. Typical ash, null here for now.

Voltaire seems opportunistically voting in search of traction.

Null on everyone else.

Ash and I have a lot in common with regards to our approach to the game. This level of anti town is not scum ash anymore than it would be scum PPS. Leveraging it against him will be  a scum tell for the rest of the game. Unpacked and catching up.

Do you <pacovf> think ash is scum? I don't and I don't because scum ash would not do this today (maybe next game). In fact, I think ash has positioned himself well as town. You seem to think otherwise but refuse to vote towards it because you are using logic that says scum does confusing and anti town things. Or, you are scum and you don't want to be seen as the the one who pushed a wagon on a town flip especially when that town called you out early. You see, by this inference I doubt much that you are scum either. Would you like to argue with that conclusion as well?

Look, I am on vacation with my family with a baby for the first time. That's no excuse but it does explain the difference in my usual play where I am pretty much present all day long.

My perception of how this went is that I pointed out Voltaire seemed the scummiest early game.  Voltaire eventually voted me for it. I was just about to solidify my case with a vote on him when I saw this. I decided that me flipping town showed him to be the scum he is so I joined his wagon on me and then so did teproc. Form that point on I kept seeing everyone favorably lean towards my lynch because no other obvious lynch has surfaced. Pretty sure teproc is town. Realize self voting is generally bad town punishable by lynch and leads to a worthless wagon. Believe in LALL.

Vote: egork

I still think Voltaire is possibly scum but a lot of his play yesterday does look quite towny.

Well, I am not in favor of lynching me. I agree egork is a coin flip and LALL is equally defensible by both alignments thus fairly useless although I feel this particular coin flip is actually 50/50 as opposed to 10:3 or whatever our ratio is this game.

I am not lurking, I am vacationing, there is a big difference, actually. Also, as I understand it the case on me is PPS is crazy town and he started acting crazy so he might be scum trying to look like crazy town which is just talking mush mouth circles.

I am willing to move my vote but not to myself nor to XP. I don't buy the case on XP. I would look in the XP wagon and guess who I find there, yeah I like my vote where it is.

PPS only ever voted for Voltaire, (himself), EgorK, and XP.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: September 24, 2014, 12:24:11 pm »

I think Silver was a pretty strong D1 candidate for scum.

PPS voting for EgorK could have been bussing if he saw himself going down.. he probably had a hunch he might have ended up getting lynched at that point.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: September 24, 2014, 12:25:04 pm »

ash, what's your read on me?

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: September 24, 2014, 12:26:20 pm »

I think Silver was a pretty strong D1 candidate for scum.

PPS voting for EgorK could have been bussing if he saw himself going down.. he probably had a hunch he might have ended up getting lynched at that point.
I agree very much so with the last point. I pointed out something similar in my qt when doing a PPS reread.

Now I just have to keep my games straight.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: September 24, 2014, 12:27:06 pm »

This is not a strong enough case. I know you don't want to, because I don't either, but you need to reread and see if you still think silver is scum after that.

I haven't reread yet and while I do think one of these claims has to be false, it's not enough to justify a lynch.

I would have time to reread on weekend. It is just what I think out of top of my head

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: September 24, 2014, 12:38:56 pm »

I think I can answer this now, though: given all the claimed investigative roles around (more on that when I finish my reread), a jailkeeper has two chances to "roleblock" an investigation: if it targets the investigator, and if it targets the investigated. And there is no way to tell which of the two happened, right?

That's a variant of the Jailkeeper, most jailkeepers, at least on f.ds, don't do that.

Correct. When I used that kind of jailkeeper in one of my games, I called it an Alien Jailkeeper (just 'cause that's what the wiki says) and made it clear it was different in the PM.

I see. It seems like there is not much advantage in having a jailkeeper over a roleblocker, then. Well, I guess it lets scum ignite people from Baratheon without knowing everybody who was primed beforehand? Or... it lets two scum (jailkeeper + factional kill) target the same person without actually killing it, just so that they can confuse the tracker? Meh.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: September 24, 2014, 12:48:02 pm »

Jailkeeper to "doctor" one of their own when they ignite Baratheon seems to make sense.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: September 24, 2014, 05:11:55 pm »

You've been playing a strongly pro-town game.  You are not in my lynch pool.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: September 24, 2014, 05:31:27 pm »

And how do you feel about the fact that the setup seems to give town both a Tracker and a Cop? Worrisome, or no cause to be suspicious (of my claim)?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: September 24, 2014, 05:38:39 pm »

And how do you feel about the fact that the setup seems to give town both a Tracker and a Cop? Worrisome, or no cause to be suspicious (of my claim)?

I think you haven't claimed everything there is to know about your role, but no, I'm not worried about it.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: September 24, 2014, 05:44:42 pm »

Guys, I'm officially calling it: I'm ignoring "ash is mafia" theories for the rest of today.

I'd like to lynch one of EgorK/silver/Hydrad, in that order, I think. But I'm not ready to vote yet.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: September 24, 2014, 06:09:58 pm »

how does what ash is saying now make him any less scummy?

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: September 24, 2014, 06:21:42 pm »

Why do you think ash is scummy? His claim, his play, both?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: September 24, 2014, 06:32:11 pm »

I think there was a post by egork saying I should post my reads here. I've already posted these in the QT but thought I would let you guys know also.

1. silverspawn - nullish (I've had him as a town read for a while. The recent "scumslip" has made me a bit less sure)
2. pacovf - towny
3. ashersky -  - Think hes more town now. (I originally thought he was scummy when the day started but around the time claims started happening but before he claimed I thought he was town)
4. Hydrad - town
5. Witherweaver - still think IC ish. but if lives to last 3 think he might of played all of us
6. Teproc - pretty towny. If scum had control of that power I think they would of killed you or WW but the azadin kill looked like one scum is in stark and knew that killing you or WW would be dangerous. so I have a towny read on him
7. XerxesPraelor - Thought he was scummy until the claims happened. Now think hes pretty towny
8. EgorK - through POE looks kinda scummy. Probably one of my highest lynch wants right now.
9. Robz888 - town read but no reason why. (said this before claims)
10. Ichimaru Gin - As I've said have constantly been changing my opinions on him. So I guess null right now as I can't add it up.
11. pingpongsam - scum!
12. azadin - town D:
13. Voltaire - really towny as I've said before.

I tried to make it so you would understand when I said things if that helps at all. I probably should of just posted these reads in the thread in the first place though.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: September 24, 2014, 06:46:35 pm »

I don't. I'm still null on him. But I don't see how these comments make him towny, and you suspected him before.

I don't like being the only lynch candidate.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: September 24, 2014, 07:02:18 pm »

I don't. I'm still null on him. But I don't see how these comments make him towny, and you suspected him before.

I don't like being the only lynch candidate.

I like your question to Voltaire (please Voltaire answer), but you are not the only lynch candidate. Hydrad actually has more votes than you. Let's fix that.

Vote: silverspawn

I finished rereading D2 (28 pages!), haven't reread D1 yet. But I remember that my first thought after I saw PPS flip was that it made silverspawn look scummy (I'll make a full case when I've done the D1 reread). And the whole way his claim went down just doesn't look good.

I'm still game for lynching Hydrad though, he was my top lynch candidate yesterday, and Ichi's case on him solidified it. A small argument Ichi didn't make:

I honestly forget if I'm voting PPS or not. vote: PPS just to make sure.

huh thats interesting. I didn't realize you thought PPS was scum...

That was sarcasm. Have you seen Hydrad getting annoyed at anybody else voting?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 120  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 17 queries.