Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 338330 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2014, 06:10:57 pm »

Okay.. assuming just a mod error then.

Unvote

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2014, 06:12:28 pm »

So... is WW an IC ?

I generally don't like to go too fast with these, but he just figured out who he was from his flavor text. Would scum even have flavor text for their fakeclaims ?

Presumably WW could have faked that , but why even start it in the first place ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2014, 06:13:31 pm »

I think it was just a mod screw up, and he realized it. I don't think you should give any towncred/scumpoints for it.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2014, 06:13:41 pm »

So... is WW an IC ?

I generally don't like to go too fast with these, but he just figured out who he was from his flavor text. Would scum even have flavor text for their fakeclaims ?

Presumably WW could have faked that , but why even start it in the first place ?

That would be very elaborate.  But, flavor and alignment are independent, so scum presumably has the same type of flavor information that I do.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2014, 06:15:53 pm »

I think it was just a mod screw up, and he realized it. I don't think you should give any towncred/scumpoints for it.

Think about the scenario where WW is scum and tell me if it makes sense for this to happen.

Is Voltaire in this game ? I think he is right ? He'll agree with me on this I think. WHich is bad in a way because we're getting an unfair advantage but... I mean I'm not just going to ignore it.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 11, 2014, 06:18:32 pm »

I'm guessing flavor doesn't really matter for alignment? I would say I get a towny vibe but not far enough to say a IC.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 11, 2014, 06:21:49 pm »

I see what you mean. If he is scum and notices a town player has the same claimed flavour, he's got no reason to think that he is lying, so if he manages to push his lynch he will flip the correct flavour, and he will be lynched next. That's what you are thinking, right? And since it makes zero sense for scum, he must be town.

(The only other possibility would be a flavour changing PR (faceless) for scum, but since we are in a normal game, that's not possible)

Yeah, I guess it kinda makes an IC out of WW.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 11, 2014, 06:25:05 pm »

I see what you mean. If he is scum and notices a town player has the same claimed flavour, he's got no reason to think that he is lying, so if he manages to push his lynch he will flip the correct flavour, and he will be lynched next. That's what you are thinking, right? And since it makes zero sense for scum, he must be town.

Pretty much. If I were scum and saw my fake flavor being claimed, I would just send a PM to a mod and complain that I don't actually have a safe flavor claim which is really unfair. I might even assume it's a mod mistake. I certainly wouldn't say anything.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2014, 06:26:22 pm »

Sweet, IC.  Take that Robz.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2014, 06:26:44 pm »

And even without that, this assumes that scum actually got a flavor paragraph wit heir fakeclaim, which would be unusual. Or that WW just pretended to have a flavour paragraph giving him Barristan, which is actually not possible since he can't take the risk of someone actually having Barristan.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2014, 06:29:51 pm »

I think you are misunderstanding how the flavour works, though. Characters and alignment are unrelated to each other. Whether he was scum or town, he would still be Barristan, he wouldn't be, say, Victarion Greyjoy with a Barristan fakeclaim. Maybe the introduction paragraph isn't, but that's about it.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2014, 06:33:04 pm »

unless. This actually just a super weird play that WW came up with to gain IC!

I don't really think that this happened though.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2014, 06:33:19 pm »

Oh right. So... let's think if it sill works.

I'm a little less sure, but it's still a pretty good reason to never want to lynch WW.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2014, 06:34:32 pm »

I guess the other possibility is both WW and Teproc being scumpartners and planning this in the scum quicktopic, but it seems craaaaazy elaborate, especially since neither actually shared their flavour when they revealed their houses. I can't see only WW being scum, not the way Teproc has given him crazy towncred right off the bat.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2014, 06:37:24 pm »

Well I'm actually a tad suspicious of Teproc, because it's clear from how my PM is that the same format could easily be used for the scum PM, with flavor name and paragraph.  But if Teproc is scum, he may be nervous about making the same assumption because he's worried about accidentally revealing something... scum tends to be extra careful about making assumptions. 

Not enough to vote, just noting suspicion. 

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2014, 06:40:37 pm »

Well I'm actually a tad suspicious of Teproc, because it's clear from how my PM is that the same format could easily be used for the scum PM, with flavor name and paragraph.  But if Teproc is scum, he may be nervous about making the same assumption because he's worried about accidentally revealing something... scum tends to be extra careful about making assumptions. 

Not enough to vote, just noting suspicion. 

My assumption was that scum would have scummy flavour and then a fakeclaim with very few details.

Which is obviously wrong for a number of reasons that should have occured to me, but that's where my mind went.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2014, 06:42:56 pm »

ash, I would suggest you read the House QT from the beginning.

It's like 20 something posts.  I've every single post multiple times.  Unless you believe there are invisible posts in the negative numbers?

I strongly believe Teproc is town and pacovf is scum.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2014, 06:44:42 pm »

ash, I would suggest you read the House QT from the beginning.

It's like 20 something posts.  I've every single post multiple times.  Unless you believe there are invisible posts in the negative numbers?

I strongly believe Teproc is town and pacovf is scum.

I mean the very first post, made by faust. That invalidates your first point against pacovf (the one about him specifically taling about House Lannister).

You find him scummy for going silent right after you posted. I did the exact same thing, yet you didn't find me scummy for it. Why ?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2014, 06:57:45 pm »

pacovf made a series of posts in the QT that made it clear from the start that he was new scum.  He had some assumptions that only scum would make right off the bat.  He continued those into the thread.

You starts off with an argument that we should not actively empower our house because House Lannister also has a power.  Why House Lannister?  How would we know the Lannisters were in the game?  Why Lannister's power and not Baratheon or some other big name?  Specifically, Lannister.  Clearly, there is also scum in Lannister.

What assumptions did he continue into the thread?

I don't understand not actively empowering house because House Lannister also has a power.  Why would those two be related?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2014, 06:58:50 pm »

PPE 1

While we wait for Ash to come to his senses (or refresh his case on me), here are the current claims:

Stark:
pacovf (Brynden Tully)
Teproc (Brienne of Tarth)
Ashersky

Lannister:
pingponsam

Baratheon:
Hydrad

Targaryen:
Robz888 (Jorah Mormont)
Witherweaver (Barristan Selmy)

House-free:
Ichimaru Gin

We are missing:

Voltaire
Azadin
silverspawn
EgorK
XerxesPraelor

I guess once we know where (nearly) everybody is, we can discuss whether we should share the House powers (I think we should), and discuss which house Ichimaru should join (assuming he is the only House-free player), so that the respective power gets unblockable and unredirectable.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2014, 06:59:45 pm »

I don't understand not actively empowering house because House Lannister also has a power.  Why would those two be related?

Apparently Ashersky doesn't either.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 11, 2014, 06:59:51 pm »

pacovf made a series of posts in the QT that made it clear from the start that he was new scum.  He had some assumptions that only scum would make right off the bat.  He continued those into the thread.

You starts off with an argument that we should not actively empower our house because House Lannister also has a power.  Why House Lannister?  How would we know the Lannisters were in the game?  Why Lannister's power and not Baratheon or some other big name?  Specifically, Lannister.  Clearly, there is also scum in Lannister.

What assumptions did he continue into the thread?

Just trust me when I say it's completely justified by what's in faust's opening post. We haven't decided to claim that stuff yet, so I'm hesitant to say more.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2014, 07:04:45 pm »

Oh, and I am officially not the coolest revealed character anymore  :-[

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 11, 2014, 07:07:49 pm »

Mod mistakes were made.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2014, 07:08:57 pm »

That clears WW 100%, in my opinion. Or else he deserves MVP at the end of the game.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 120  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.