Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 329453 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #3075 on: December 28, 2015, 11:16:40 pm »

well that is enough encouragement....

So I am a Random Vig aka The Hulk. I have no control over my power except whether or not to instigate it at night. If I do... someone other than me dies, but I can't choose who.

Because of this up until we are at 50/50 with non-town aligned roles this is going to be a negative utility as more often than not this is going to hit town and even at the end game is just as likely to hit town as mafia. (5 alive, 2 scum, 2 town that aren't me, 1 town that is me).

I don't know if claiming is the right course here, but this isn't really a role that I feel super strongly about keeping super secret from mafia.

Honestly my main purpose is to get people to think that I am townie because this just isn't a role that makes any sense to fake claim regardless of alignment (and certainly doesn't make any sense as a scum role) and maybe... just maybe there is a way to get this power to be more effective via co-ordination somehow. I don't know... maybe there is some sort of role that can non-randomize me?? (if you exist obviously don't claim) That sounds really RMM, but who knows what ash comes up with in these crazy setups of his...

Okay so here's a thought.  Yuma flipped town.  This is a kind of post that you read as scum and feel you have to say something about, but you're probably sure Yuma is town. (SK wouldn't be likely.)  So, you have to say something, and you have to make it sound like how you think you'd react if you're town. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: December 28, 2015, 11:23:48 pm »

Teproc immediate reaction:

It absolutely makes sense as a scum role, not as mafia but as SK.

You claiming was definitely the right thing to do, and probably what ash intended. It puts us in a very interesting situation. I don't think we should lynch you day 1, I'll say that.

@yuma : I thought it was compulsive for some reason, in which case lynching you day 1 was a very relevant option. That changes thing, makes your purpose less clear to me... seems the right play if you're telling the truth would be to never use your power, and that's not very ash-like...

Thinking about it, I'm inclined to believe you. The flavor obviously fits great, and as you say, it'd put you in a rather precarious position if you're SK, though it could make sense for a bulletproof SK still (that'd be a little strong though).

It's not exactly negative utility before we're at 50/50, because the death of a town has benefit in the information it gives.  Hard to quantify, but it's there.

Still negative utiity overall. Dead town is still bad for town.

Well hard to say from here.  Interesting he notes in the first response that Yuma could be SK, but the tone does not really consider it to be a possibility. (The content of the second statement makes it sound like Teproc considers Yuma town.)

Third response sounds a little constructed.  The last one I quoted is scummy insomuch as scum likes to take (vocally) pro-town positions.

Overall it's a meh, doesn't make me feel any townier on Teproc, but I wasn't really expecting to. 

Let's see who else reacted.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: December 28, 2015, 11:28:44 pm »

Roadrunner seems to ignore it:

Oooohhhh, Teproc quoted a moderator...

But chimes in a bit later:

If nothing better comes up, we have to kill Yuma, right?

Haddock too:

Hi all.
OK, people I've not played with yet...
vote: Ampharos
vote: e - I think?
vote: EgorK
vote: Teproc

Sorry, Teproc, the alphabet doesn't lie...

Until prompted:

@Haddock : that's fine and all, but there's actual relevant staff to talk about. Thoughts on yuma's claim ?
Forgive me for enjoying myself. :P

Seriously though, you're right, sorry.  Well I'm inclined to believe it for now, if that's what you mean.  I have no idea at all what we should do about it...

RR reaction is townier I think; Haddock maybe scummy.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: December 28, 2015, 11:30:37 pm »

Faust:

So RVS is over, huh? Thanks, yuma!

The role is interesting... it's crazy swingy, but I think part of that is balanced out by the fact that it's not compulsive.

Note that it is very very convenient as a scum fakeclaim. If you get caught targetting some obvtown player with a killing action, you can always say "I didn't know it would hit him!" That said, it's unusual and dangerous to claim for that exact reason... so I think I want to keep yuma alive tonight. I would advise some precaution though, something like yuma announces whether or not he shoots prior to each night.

I dunno.  Does scum!Faust make (or lay the groundwork for) this kind of argument?  I'm not sure, maybe slightly town here. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: December 28, 2015, 11:31:16 pm »

Iguana doesn't really pay much attention to it:

Well my vote officially sucks!

<b> unvote </b> for now...

Where to go next? <b> Vote: Roadrunner </b> seems okay fir now.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: December 28, 2015, 11:34:33 pm »

Hydrad:

woo I'm here!

Vote: e

anyways Its a good thing yuma got that role instead of me... I'd totally just roll the dice every night if I got it and hope for the best. I think it would be super fun.

As for believing the claim and stuff. I believe it for now. currently I can't think of as many good reasons why scum!yuma would claim it. but then maybe scum!yuma knew i would think that! noooo.

but ya I believe the claim for now.

Scummy, as is par for Hydrad.  First statement assumes that Yuma is telling the truth (and doesn't have any content), and then he proceeds to discuss whether or not he believes Yuma, even though he clearly must.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #3081 on: December 28, 2015, 11:36:26 pm »

Egor ignores it and goes off on whether or not Iguana was as scumslip.  I don't particularly like the reaction, but I don't think it's scummy. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: December 28, 2015, 11:38:06 pm »

Note: e is totally the kind of guy that would fake an argument with his scum partner.  (Someone brought up that Teproc and e couldn't be scum together from their row yesterday.) 

(Yes I'm thinking about teams.)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: December 28, 2015, 11:41:39 pm »

e when he gets back:

I will claim with Yuma.

er, don't. claiming early is only a good idea if you have a specific reason for i.t
I claim Iron Man

I don't like this.  You see Yuma wanting to claim, then just go and claim (flavor) and never provide additional reasons. 

well that is enough encouragement....

So I am a Random Vig aka The Hulk. I have no control over my power except whether or not to instigate it at night. If I do... someone other than me dies, but I can't choose who.

Honestly my main purpose is to get people to think that I am townie because this just isn't a role that makes any sense to fake claim regardless of alignment

I agree.  I see Yuma as town with this claim.

(not using the PR during the night)

Are you telling us that you for sure are not using your power?  Or will you.  (Or maybe I haven't read that far down the thread yet).  Because I don't want you to come back tomorrow after 5 people die overnight (obvious exaggeration) and just come out and say you decided to just use your role when you say you aren't going to.

I would advise some precaution though, something like yuma announces whether or not he shoots prior to each night.

This guy knows what he is talking about here.

I have already stated that I don't plan on using it until the end game anyone seeing me targeting someone until the end game can go ahead and just straight up lynch me as I don't think using it in the early or midgame is a good idea.

ok

Then there was a bunch of scumslip stuff, which is meh, then we have

this game is weird

vote: faust for not getting things moving

I don't like this post.  Basically, trying to move us past a discussion that is being had by discrediting the ongoing discussion as pointless and not moving the game forward.  While I agree that the conversation about scumslips is annoying, I think this effort at "getting things moving" without actually doing anything is scummy.

but now the day has actually become productive! so that's great.

town reads on Hydrad, igu, and Awaclus. no scum reads though. that means PoE. PoE means that scum is Ampharos. vote: Ampharos. who even is this guy?

This is after a fun long Iguana/silverspawn back and forth.  I think silverspawn comes out better, then switches randomly to Amphoras after that.

And that is where I am stopping my reread for the night.  I will pick back up again tomorrow.  Probably at night because I have a feeling work is going to be terrible.  And long.

At first I thought it was scummy (maybe from the instant agreement that Yuma is town), but eh, not so much.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: December 28, 2015, 11:44:33 pm »

And Amph:

Okay, just read over everything for the 1st time. 

Yuma: seems legit for now.  Could be the boldest of bold fakeclaims, but usually that seems to come from players who've just had an exceptionally bad or frustrating game and want to shake things up with bold play.  Yuma just finished modding.  Who knows... maybe taking out mod frustration on us all?  Nah...  :P

Vote: Teproc   I am at least 50% confident Teproc is scum, purely on feel.  (I acknowledge I've never played with them before, and could be misreading style.)

I don't think Amph sounds scummy, and the Teproc vote looks townier.  (Scum usually don't vote/justify like that, though it could be Amph's style.)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: December 28, 2015, 11:47:03 pm »

What did I say?

I called Vig!

For the record I 100% believed Yuma when he claimed.  Because of the last two times he did it. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: December 28, 2015, 11:58:22 pm »

I proceed to discuss it a bit after that.  Notably, once we get to this point:

I'm going to

Vote: that Yuma uses his power if we lynch Town today

is when I decide that I wanted Yuma to shoot so that I could use my ability on him.

Of course I later considered that the chance of him getting targeted by someone else was pretty high. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: December 29, 2015, 12:15:06 am »

Oh wait, I guess Teproc can't be scum, he told us he doesn't fake claim as scum:

I don' t think scum!Yuma deliberately does that.

Why not ? Policy lynches basically never happen and he has his claim protecting him. I'd expect his likeliness of being lynched for this as pretty low (unfortunately).

Are you confident enough of this as scum to do something begging a policy lynch?

I'm not, but I'm the guy who doesn't even like fakeclaiming as scum, so...

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: December 29, 2015, 12:19:47 am »

Man this game is way too long.  Day 1 was longer than most games.

Early Teproc asked a lot of questions.  Lots of... surface interactions, if that makes sense.  I can see it coming from a need to be active and do what he thinks he would do as town.  Main thing early was a case on Iguana.  Later, Teproc goes after Yuma (relating to Yuma's absence), I believe after Faust kind of paves the way.  I found it kind of scummy from both of them.  I have a hard time believing anyone actually found Yuma scummier for going off as he did. 

I'll try to read more tomorrow.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: December 29, 2015, 01:54:02 am »

There is a lot to re-read on Teproc. But there isn't anything that shows me he is a bad vote. In contrast, I reread EgorK yesterday and found that while his D1 play looked bad, his D2 play looked like town. D3 for Egor is similar. I do not like changing my vote to Egor.

So you reread, but don't bother to share any of your thoughts except some contentless post? That's just great.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: December 29, 2015, 01:55:33 am »

Man this game is way too long.  Day 1 was longer than most games.

Early Teproc asked a lot of questions.  Lots of... surface interactions, if that makes sense.  I can see it coming from a need to be active and do what he thinks he would do as town.  Main thing early was a case on Iguana.  Later, Teproc goes after Yuma (relating to Yuma's absence), I believe after Faust kind of paves the way.  I found it kind of scummy from both of them.  I have a hard time believing anyone actually found Yuma scummier for going off as he did. 

I'll try to read more tomorrow.

Tomorrow is past deadline, right...?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: December 29, 2015, 01:58:27 am »

Eh. At this point, the Teproc wagon just isn't good enough. Ampharos and iguana are both doing nothing, and I don't trust WW.

Vote: Egor

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: December 29, 2015, 03:16:25 am »

Well, 3 lylos are bad, but who knows. Or you can vote Hydrad and then we'll have much more chances (if Hydrad is scum, that is)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: December 29, 2015, 05:37:06 am »

Well, 3 lylos are bad, but who knows. Or you can vote Hydrad and then we'll have much more chances (if Hydrad is scum, that is)

Ya 3 lylos would be bad. But I don't think lynching me will help that out. Sorry. I like it better how it is now.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: December 29, 2015, 06:11:38 am »

Wasn't that the hammer?
I think EgorK is saying that he's town. Which is a problem.
Here's to the reverse sweep, guys!
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: December 29, 2015, 06:15:03 am »

Was it ? Yeah I think it was. Nice.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: December 29, 2015, 07:37:43 am »

Ah yes, that was town. Need that 3 lylos now then. Problem is, now there is no pressure on Teproc if he is indeed scum. But well, this game is so depressing I am more or less glad to be lynched

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: December 29, 2015, 07:38:03 am »

Ah yes, that was town. Need that 3 lylos now then. Problem is, now there is no pressure on Teproc if he is indeed scum. But well, this game is so depressing I am more or less glad to be lynched

*that was hammer

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: December 29, 2015, 08:06:01 am »

Seriously?  That was scummy as hell.

Team is Faust, Hydrad, Teproc.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: December 29, 2015, 08:06:27 am »

And tomorrow is now.  We still had hours, right?
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 15 queries.