Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 329459 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #3025 on: December 26, 2015, 06:43:05 pm »

vote:Hydrad

et's try that ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: December 26, 2015, 06:43:16 pm »

vote: Hydrad
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: December 26, 2015, 06:44:26 pm »

Well, I guess now Hydrad has an excuse to hammer me, not great.

vote: EgorK

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: December 26, 2015, 06:45:06 pm »

At least you'll have my results. You should probably lynch faust tomorrow, the only reason I'm not pushing for it now is because I think there's tremendous value in having him alive on the off chance he is town.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: December 26, 2015, 06:53:02 pm »

Also from yours VP I should be town now if Teproc is town ;)
Huh?

I mean, at this point scum gladly hammer cop

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: December 26, 2015, 06:56:14 pm »

Could do it for towncred though.

You know what, we could lynch faust. Obviously you guys don't like the idea of keeping potential PRs alive, so let's lynch the one who's probably scum, kthxbye.

Also he's aready voting for me, so at least I'm not committing suicide.

|b]vote: faust[/b]

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: December 26, 2015, 06:56:26 pm »

vote: faust

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: December 26, 2015, 06:58:50 pm »

Could do it for towncred though.

You know what, we could lynch faust. Obviously you guys don't like the idea of keeping potential PRs alive, so let's lynch the one who's probably scum, kthxbye.

Also he's aready voting for me, so at least I'm not committing suicide.

|b]vote: faust[/b]

I am more ok with faust then with you, still would prefer Hydrad. Also he already knows you are ok lynching him, so if he is inclined to hammer in this case, he would

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: December 26, 2015, 07:02:10 pm »

If I make i Hydrad v me, town!Hydrad should lynch me. Even if he believes my claim, I'm an unknown quantity. I'm not sure what to make of your not hammering because of this, but I'm not complaining. Still not going to try my luck with Hydrad though.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: December 26, 2015, 07:11:02 pm »

If I make i Hydrad v me, town!Hydrad should lynch me. Even if he believes my claim, I'm an unknown quantity.
This logic doesn't make sense to me. If town!Hydrad is convinced you're town, then he should let himself be lynched since he's a VT.  That assumes he's right, but you have to work on the assumption that you are correct pretty often in mafia.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: December 26, 2015, 07:13:58 pm »

If I make i Hydrad v me, town!Hydrad should lynch me. Even if he believes my claim, I'm an unknown quantity.
This logic doesn't make sense to me. If town!Hydrad is convinced you're town, then he should let himself be lynched since he's a VT.  That assumes he's right, but you have to work on the assumption that you are correct pretty often in mafia.

What's the highest percent of certainy you cna have that someone is town ? Without night actions ?

I'd put it somewhere around 75%. I don't care what you're claiming to be, I'd rather lynch an unknown quantity than have it be me. At this point, you put anyone at L-1 and I'll hammer. Well, ok, probably not e and Ampharos, unless it's like 1 minute to deadline because Godfather/something similar could exist.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: December 26, 2015, 07:15:07 pm »

I can't get over WW voting for me. He's usually good at reading me, it's baffling.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: December 26, 2015, 10:08:04 pm »

I can't get over WW voting for me. He's usually good at reading me, it's baffling.

Because this, and your previous post, don't feel sincere.  Along with a number of others.

Could be confirmation bias.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: December 26, 2015, 10:16:33 pm »

Me being baffled doesn't sound sincere ?

I gues baffled is a strong word. More like unpleasantly surprised.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: December 27, 2015, 12:41:24 am »

What's the highest percent of certainy you cna have that someone is town ? Without night actions ?

I'd put it somewhere around 75%. I don't care what you're claiming to be, I'd rather lynch an unknown quantity than have it be me. At this point, you put anyone at L-1 and I'll hammer. Well, ok, probably not e and Ampharos, unless it's like 1 minute to deadline because Godfather/something similar could exist.

well if we assume 3 scum right now 70% of the people here are town.

But ya I agree with your idea. Unless the cop has been almost confirmed kinda thing I'd usually lynch them over me. If I'm a VT though I'm a bit more likely to let myself be lynched though.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: December 27, 2015, 06:57:14 am »

Who else is voting for me ?

Ampharos... well he's going back to his gut read, fine I guess.

WW is wrong and he's been right too much to back down, annoying.

faust might be scum, otherwise... why am I scum again ? Ah yes, my claim. I guess so. I don't know what I can do about that... I claimed when I did because I thought I had caught scum. I hadn't, but I think I would have been forced to claim by a massclaim anyway (though I'd have opposed it). I don't know what more I can say... I think you'll find if you reread me that my play is that of a townie who doesn't want to be NKed and ended up going a bit too far into the other direction.

iguana I can work with, because this feels like OMGUS more than anything else. I guess I didn't answer on the vagueness thing : I understand there's a town!narrative for that, but the way it ended up put you in a very comfortable position if you're scum, because you got to react to stuff. Not muchyou can doabout that, sure, but there it is. As for Vanillaiser, I can eeasily see a scenario where a scum Vanillaiser exists and you claim that because he's only targeted VTs... actually I can't easily see that, why wouldn't you vanillaise faust ?

Yeah, why wouldn't you vanillaise faust if there's a vanillaiser out there ? Like, how does that make any sense at all. I think this must mean one of {iguana, faust} is scum at least right ?

Because either
a) they're both scum, great, let's lynch one of them
b) iguana is town and there is a Vanillaiser, in which case faust is scum because there's no way he doesn't get Vanillaised. Not getting killed makes sense (yuma was never getting lynched, faust might), but Vanillaising some random unclaimed townie instead ?
c) iguana is making the Vanillaiser up and faust is town. Maybe. Pretty creative, but maybe. Goes against my scum narrative for iguana's claim too.
d) They're both town. That doesn't work, because faust should have been vanillaised.

WHy aren't we lynching faust ?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: December 27, 2015, 06:59:11 am »

WW not heing vanillaised is also a oint against iguana (because taht's two claimed PRs scum would have had to ignore in favor of an unclaimed townie) but WW's power is pretty meh, so I could see that if sucm thinks there's a lot of power left in town... which as it turns out, there was. Which makes even more sense if faust's claim is fake.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: December 27, 2015, 07:00:19 am »

Maaaaybe they don't vanillaise faust because they want to kill him later and they're scared of a Watcher ? Meh. They don't know we don't have a Doctor either, that could mess them up. Also if they Vanillaise him and he has to claim that, it'd be so convenient for him he might be lynched, so they'd definitely do it.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: December 27, 2015, 07:09:26 am »

faust might be scum, otherwise... why am I scum again ? Ah yes, my claim. I guess so. I don't know what I can do about that... I claimed when I did because I thought I had caught scum. I hadn't, but I think I would have been forced to claim by a massclaim anyway (though I'd have opposed it). I don't know what more I can say... I think you'll find if you reread me that my play is that of a townie who doesn't want to be NKed and ended up going a bit too far into the other direction.

iguana I can work with, because this feels like OMGUS more than anything else. I guess I didn't answer on the vagueness thing : I understand there's a town!narrative for that, but the way it ended up put you in a very comfortable position if you're scum, because you got to react to stuff. Not muchyou can doabout that, sure, but there it is. As for Vanillaiser, I can eeasily see a scenario where a scum Vanillaiser exists and you claim that because he's only targeted VTs... actually I can't easily see that, why wouldn't you vanillaise faust ?

Yeah, why wouldn't you vanillaise faust if there's a vanillaiser out there ? Like, how does that make any sense at all. I think this must mean one of {iguana, faust} is scum at least right ?

Because either
b) iguana is town and there is a Vanillaiser, in which case faust is scum because there's no way he doesn't get Vanillaised. Not getting killed makes sense (yuma was never getting lynched, faust might), but Vanillaising some random unclaimed townie instead ?
c) iguana is making the Vanillaiser up and faust is town. Maybe. Pretty creative, but maybe. Goes against my scum narrative for iguana's claim too.
d) They're both town. That doesn't work, because faust should have been vanillaised.

My assumption is that if a  vanilla over exists it is delayed somehow. The timing of igu being informed about vanillaising makes me think that it's an action that was performed at the end of n1 which igu was told about beginning of n2. Someone could have been vanillaised n2 and we wouldn't know about it yet.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: December 27, 2015, 07:10:13 am »

Because either

My assumption is that if a  vanilla over exists it is delayed somehow. The timing of igu being informed about vanillaising makes me think that it's an action that was performed at the end of n1 which igu was told about beginning of n2. Someone could have been vanillaised n2 and we wouldn't know about it yet.
*vanillaiser, not vanilla over

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: December 27, 2015, 07:11:51 am »

Ah. I see. That seems weak for scum, but that is a scenario where Vanillaiser exists and faust is town, yes.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: December 27, 2015, 07:12:58 am »

Don't think it's all that likely though, delayed roles aren't typical in a normal game. It's possible, yes, but not likely.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: December 27, 2015, 07:13:50 am »

Haddock, thoughts on EgorK declining to hammer ?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: December 27, 2015, 07:27:37 am »

Haddock, thoughts on EgorK declining to hammer ?
Well. You could both be scum. Or he could be doing it for town cred. If I were scum in his position (and assuming you're town) I think I would hold the hammer until near deadline so I looked like town forced into hammering to get a lynch through.

Right now I see the two of you as being equally scummy outside of your claim, so I'd rather lynch the one who hasn't claimed cop. 

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: December 27, 2015, 07:52:46 am »

Hi.

Not a lot to say and not a lot of time. Both wagons are good. I think Teproc is scummier, but then I dislike the casual approach everyone is taking towards lynching a PR. I am VLA and don't have time, but you guys should really reread.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 17 queries.