Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 164  All

Author Topic: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 316308 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- DAY 2
« Reply #1725 on: October 06, 2012, 01:36:19 pm »

I just did a reread of Young Nick for funsies.  I went with the argument that its easier to do a reread of someone who hasn't posted that often.  I can say this is pretty true and I got a pretty strong scum read on him.  He has posted very few things of content (lots of complaining that there is too much to read) but the posts that did have content were very interesting.  Namely post 1440 and his response in 1602.

yuma, how can you go on Grujah like that when there are so many people who are not adding too much to the game. Unless you think this is just unusual for Grujah. If you're supporting a lynch-all-lurkers meta, please, go for someone else like me, Glooble, or ibgtennis.

Hopefully significant analysis coming tonight. I know, I know.

Why go for one of the others over Grujah?  Serious question.

Sorry I missed this. What I was saying is that this seemed like too easy of an excuse to jump on the wagon. I was not aware of the posting patterns of Grujah (post after someone votes him) at the time. To me, it looked like you were just hedging and voting him because he was a lurker. Why any of the others? Because Grujah had provided some content over the course of the day. ibgtennis had not. I had provided minimal.

I can understand Grujah over Glooble (they were contributing equal amounts in my mind; it makes sense that you can see their butting heads as one being scum and the other not), but I still think it would have made more sense to lynch me or ibgtennis or O.

tl;dr: If you are going to lynch a lurker, then lynch one of the true lurkers. ibgtennis is the only one I see who is still posting way, way too infrequently.

Ex post facto it is interesting to see that one of his proposed lurker lynch targets was Glooble.  Yet in his defense to eHal he said he could understand voting Grujah over Glooble (contradiction) and then giving a list of lynches that he thinks make more sense (also including on that list a new individual, O who interestingly would have still gotten Glooble killed).  The fact that his contradiction regards someone who is known to flip town makes me rather suspicious.

This is a decent case.  Add it to the fact that he was one of the people who was commenting on the badness of a grujah lynch yesterday, and YoungNick is definitely worth a reread.

I really think this below is THE MAIN issue we should be thinking about right now; Grujah was a Mafia PR, and that by looking at people who voiced their dissent over this lynch, we are sure to find at least one scum among them.  These people could be off-wagon, maybe they were a late joiner when the wagon seemed inevitable.  But most certainly they would have said something softly right as the wagon was building up to try to redirect suspicion.  That seems like the most likely time for scumpartners to say something to try to defend Grujah, as yelling loudly when the lynch is close to certain is probably not going to change the outcome and will only serve to increase suspicion on them day 2.
I just realized that scum would probably be trying to actively stop a wagon on their PR.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: October 06, 2012, 01:49:51 pm »

Shraeye, why have you spent the entire game buddy-buddy with TheMunch? You two have defended each other at every turn. Deflecting with the use of your words and your votes. Want to explain in detail your read on him?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: October 06, 2012, 02:04:36 pm »

Sorry, we're buddy-buddy because we agree with eachother?  I know i've defended him because I don't get the same scumread that everybody else has gotten.  I certainly think that the overwhelming page-after-page suspicion of Munch is detracting from my ability to go about scumhunting, as many non-Munch cases by me and others tend to get buried.  My insistance that he's town is fading.  I'm more neutral on him right now than I was day 1.  But I'm really trying to focus on finding grujah's scumpartners, and I'm still 95% sure Munch isn't grujah's partner.  He could be opposing scum or SK, but not Mafia.  That's my current read on him.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XI: Find Yourself in the Courtyard Masquerade -- ROLES SENT
« Reply #1728 on: October 06, 2012, 02:41:01 pm »

Vote Count 2.4

ashersky (3) -- Cuzz, watno, shraeye
TheMunch (3) -- eHalcyon, ftl, Dsell
Dsell (3) -- Jotheonah, TheMunch, Morgrim7

Not Voting (12) -- sparky5856, Insomniac, Young Nick, Voltaire, Axxle, Cayvie, Yuma, theorel, Galzria, Captain_Frisk, ashersky, ehunt

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch. Deadline is Sunday, October 15, at 10:00 PM (EDT).
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: October 06, 2012, 02:41:19 pm »

I will prod Voltaire, who has yet to appear, I believe.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: October 06, 2012, 02:44:58 pm »

Reread on YoungNick.  He shows up late, and posts many many posts about not being able to catch up yet.  His 7th post is the first to even have a glimmer of content.
Daily check-in here. Still haven't started.

I am seriously considering just going from page 30 or so to save myself the RVS BS. Can someone point me towards the post from eevee about the Cultist thang?
Ok, so he's curious about cultists, that's an improvement from the nothing posts we'd been getting.

3 days in, hasn't reread at all.  He finally give his first read: he wants to lynch eevee (known town) for simply knowing about a recruiting faction.
I am curious about yuma's suggestion to lynch Axxle. It makes sense until you realize how different the dynamic is when there are (almost certainly) multiple scum teams. This would probably make it slightly less valuable. Still, I am not opposed to it. I haven't reread at all, but it seems like there is very little that we know and very few non-RVS reads. That or lynch Eevee for knowing about a Cult.
Still, in the very next post he votes Axxle.  Joth responds the best to this, immediately posting "Young Nick, those are pretty terrible suggestions. And a LOT has happened already."

Well, I am certainly not "blaming" other people for giving me their summaries. I just assumed that the information was relatively accurate, and that if it weren't, that someone would make a correction. Please don't think I am ungrateful for the summaries. It just sounds like there has been little of substance so far!

And a non-RVS read is one that is based off of legitimate discussion, which seems to have started after page 25ish or so. I guess I just don't value RVS, it's only purpose is to launch us into productive discussion which it has. And that's where worthwhile reads come from.
wait, didn't he just say that there wasn't any non-RVS info yet?  Maybe YoungNick's finally rereading.  Except, I guess not because in one of his future posts (what I consider the first real-substance post) he starts by saying he doesn't have time to read the 40 pages of D1:

Hi just checking in. I'm going to address a few thoughts up to that point real quick.

• First and foremost, I am definitely not going to have time to read the first 40 pages of this game. I will use the shraeye index, but that is obviously not as good as reading.

• Second off, I see that some people have called me out for lurking. Some think I am complaining about a lack of a summary (though I have one now, so hurray) and about how little time I have. I don't have much time. That's the reality of it. I signed up for a newbie-friendly game. I don't think a game that posts 7 pages in one day is newbie-friendly. See it as scummy if you will, but that's life.

It's not like I'm a soon-to-be father, but I am starting college. While in high school and during summer, my schedule is completely different. I have to go make new friends now. That takes time and effort. Time and effort that has to come from somewhere, aka Mafia.

I'm still staying in, though. I am doing my check-ins, trying to get caught up and getting into a routine where I can spend time on Mafia everyday. That schedule isn't set yet, but will hopefully be soon.

• Lastly, I do have a few reads. Mainly, I do think eHalc's "directing the cop" was a bit weird, even if he prefaced it. I understand that he supports investigating Morgrim in all games, but man, I would rather have my PR's keep their options more open. I do think he has said some fishy stuff, all of which he has been called out on. I do find that most reads I get are expressed by someone else hours before I even am at a computer. Like this whole vote-for-information type thing. It clearly is hedging. Hopefully today I can get caught up, and thus post up-to-date reads.
So YoungNick's finally getting reads, and all he has for us is "eHalc directing cop to investigate Morgrim is weird", "info-lynch looks like hedging", and "other people beat me to posting my reads, so I won't verify anything else at this point".

READ THIS
Now comes some suspicious stuff.  The Grujah wagon has hit 6 players and YoungNick posts this.
yuma, how can you go on Grujah like that when there are so many people who are not adding too much to the game. Unless you think this is just unusual for Grujah. If you're supporting a lynch-all-lurkers meta, please, go for someone else like me, Glooble, or ibgtennis.

Hopefully significant analysis coming tonight. I know, I know.
"Gosh, please don't lynch Grujah, you could even lynch me, I'd be ok with that.  Just not Grujah."  Also, YoungNick promises significant analysis.

READ THIS
Next post is in day2, no analysis came, his really stupid vote stayed safely on Axxle instead of switching to Grujah.  He say's votes on Joth were silly.  I agree, despite being one of those voters.  Then he asks us to back off of ashersky for bringing up No-lynch.
I understand where you guys are coming from, and it does look like he has been hedging, but when I read his NL push, I viewed it more as asking an open-ended question than pushing for NL.

We all flirt with the idea in our Mafia-infancy, so I don't see why he should be judged more harshly for this than anyone else is. I mean, in a 20+ game, most conventional wisdom has to be at least modified, and the always-lynch-d1 logic is no exception.

If anything, I think Watno's second-on-the-wagon is more suspicious than anything else. Not that ashersky did much to defend himself at the top of p. 62..

READ THIS
Post explaining/defending position on not voting Grujah
Why go for one of the others over Grujah?  Serious question.
Sorry I missed this. What I was saying is that this seemed like too easy of an excuse to jump on the wagon. I was not aware of the posting patterns of Grujah (post after someone votes him) at the time. To me, it looked like you were just hedging and voting him because he was a lurker. Why any of the others? Because Grujah had provided some content over the course of the day. ibgtennis had not. I had provided minimal.

I can understand Grujah over Glooble (they were contributing equal amounts in my mind; it makes sense that you can see their butting heads as one being scum and the other not), but I still think it would have made more sense to lynch me or ibgtennis or O. 
tl;dr: If you are going to lynch a lurker, then lynch one of the true lurkers. ibgtennis is the only one I see who is still posting way, way too infrequently.
Hey, YoungNick, remember when you posted this "I, despite my play-style, am for a Lynch-All-Lurkers meta. I am not saying that is where one always will find scum (though sometimes we do), but rather just a way to make the scum-lurk no longer feasible. "  In the above quote you said that "jumping on Grujah for lurking is too easy of an excuse for jumping on the wagon".  Imma give you a hint, when trying to Lynch-all-Lurkers, somebody will have to jump on the wagon, easy or not.  So why should people have not jumped on the Grujah wagon over lurking?  Because there were also other lurkers?  That's a terrible reason.  A better reason would be because he's your team's PR, but you can't go saying that outloud obviously.

two posts which are confusing when we realize they were posted 7 hours apart:
I disagree with those who say Munch doesn't look bad. Dude has been hedging like crazy, which is a newb-tell and a scum-tell. I understand we have other things to look at, but hedging deserves proper investigation.
Personally, I am with most of the others here. The re-read terrifies me and it's not like I am drowning in free time anyway. I express my opinions but still struggle to get consistent reads in a game this big.  I have said where I stand and until that changes or I have better reason, I feel I have little to contribute.

My feelings towards Munch are barely enough to warrant a vote. I still would like to hear more from ashersky. It's that simple.
Funny, last time I disagreed with people who said somebody looked not bad, then said that that bad-looker has been hedging like crazy, I thought that was plenty enough to warrent a vote.  So Munch, scummy or not scummy, vote or not?

On reread, I do not like.  I do not like at all.  And this is what I do when I think someone looks this bad.
vote: YoungNick

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: October 06, 2012, 02:46:27 pm »

Starting reread on ashersky.  Interesting fact, ashersky has posted even less than YoungNick.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: October 06, 2012, 03:23:49 pm »

Also, quick edit to my analysis on YoungNick.  Right after the first READ THIS that I put in, I said he defended grujah when the wagon was at 6;  I took another look at it while rereading asher, and I think that number was actually 8.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: October 06, 2012, 03:24:22 pm »

Unvote my massively outdated vote on O.

Sorry to not be posting as much, blitz 2 and packing up my entire house has kept me busy.

On topic, I agree with whomever said policy lynches (including lurker) don't provide as much info as convo-driven ones.  I would prefer it to no lynch, I think, except in a town this size, and with possible multiple NKs, there will probably be plenty to analyze just on night actions.

I haven't been able to read closely, so I don't have much in the way of reads on players, but Frisk seems a bit harsher than his usual self.
I found a piece from ashersky about no-lynch that happened before grujah was in hot water.  This makes me less suspicious of his no-lynch mention during crunch time.  But this is a convoluted sentence here.  "policy lynches aren't as good as regular ones, but I still prefer them to no-lynches"  but he does add "except in a town this size, we may have plenty enough to analyze just by night actions."  If there wasn't the "except" in there, this post would remove quite a lot of suspicion.  As it stands, though, only a bit of suspicion is removed.

If we do indeed decide to do this, here's my three votes. Probably gone this weekend, but I might have time to poke in. I don't have strong scum reads on anyone at the moment. This was tricky.

Primary Vote: ashersky (for lurking in plain sight while calling on others not to lurk, and for being on the terrible shraeye wagon)
Secondary Vote: jotheonah (He's squirmed a lot with only 1 vote on him, tried to drive ehunt wagon, thinks lynching lurkers is a bad idea...some of it seems like a difference in playstyles, some of it feels like a scum vibe)
Third Vote: Watno (I haven't gotten substance from him, his tunneling of Munch was bizarre, plus "gut feel" from earlier)

No vote on Frisk anymore as he's changed his behavior for the better. Doesn't make him town, but it takes him from scum to neutral in my eyes.

PPE: Ugh. Don't make me change my mind.

I will mention that my in plain sight lurking has been predicated on me moving my entire family/household overseas at the moment.  In a hotel now, even.  At least I'm still contributing content when I can, unlike some others who are here.  You even mention some.

You know me fairly well as compared to others I think.  Other than posting less, do I seem different?
I love it.  It's the classic "I wonder what other people think of me?"  I recall sparky in MIX (Major Arcana mafia) doing this a bit pre-scumslip.  Just saying things like, "I guess people naturally trust me." or "it's funny that i haven't caught suspicion yet"  "what do you think of me, *InsertNameHere*?"

Vote: Insom

Agree I haven't been memorable to date, but I have been following as well as I can.  I haven't had much too comment, but I am good with a soft deadline/plurality vote if we don't let it get manipulated into lynching with a weak minority of votes.

On Insom, the way he's been pushing on both eHs seems kind of scummy to me; neither eHs strike me as particularly scummy, but more just easy targets.  Insom on the other hand has had no pressure on him at all, for some reason.

Secondary and tertiary votes go to Glooble/Grujah, for oft-quoted reasons.

I get town reads from Shraeye, Yuma, and axxle.  The Shraeye wagon seems scummy, and am looking at ftl there.
Puts glooble/grujah at second votes, a classy place to put a potential scumpartner.  Not voting for him, but "oh look, I did suspect him; half credit!"

Here's the most damning post that ashersky made:
Can I ask a question of the group?

Is it possible that, in a game this size, with the unknown plethora of roles, that a no lynch may in fact be helpful?

Here's my thinking: we've all complained to some degree about the size of this thing, right?  Lynching only reduces the size by one, and the lynch will offer limited information.  On the flip side, it's possible the night will result in way more information to discuss, and could cull the herd by more than one.

I don't mean to sound like I don't want to lynch someone, or even that there aren't reasonable targets.  It's more that I'm wondering and would like to hear from others on the idea of taking this game into the night phase sooner rather than later, via a majority no lynch vote, since we can't seem to come to agreement on a lynch.

If the lynch for the sake of info argument can be made, I think a no lynch for the sake of night info can be made as well.
One factor that people may have missed that make it suspicious, is that it came immediately after YoungNick's call to lynch a different lurker than Grujah.  At this point grujah had 8 votes on him. (I miscounted in the analysis on YoungNick's post)  Two soft defenses of Grujah in a row.  Nothing that either person couldn't deny the next day, but together maybe just enough to stall out this wagon.  Sorry dudes, didn't work.

For the record, I think we should get a lynch today.  I was just tossing out an alternate idea, basically given the size of this town, the length of this day, etc.  I don't think a lynch affects what happens at night, but do think analyzing night stuff will probably add a lot more content than analyzing a policy/plurality lynch.
Before going to bed on the night before grujah-lynch, asher makes sure to get in the fact that he does support a lynch on D1.  Still doesn't vote grujah though.

Ashersky with his no lynch idea.

It wasn't like I was pushing the idea.  Just thinking it through with the group.  Clearly the lynch was preferred by me (and all).

Why does the assumption that Glooble was the kill target out of the so lovers seem to be favored?  Does no one think anyone would want to kill O?  I think a look back at O associations would be useful.
Let me clear this up.  asherky supported a lynch.  He did not support the Grujah-lynch.  I agree that he wasn't pushing the idea hard, but he did bring it up twice, and make some arguments for it.  So it reads as suspicious when he refuses to own that.

All asher has contributed today is to guess that there were two NKs, not knowing what to make of Coppersmith, defending self, and voting for joth when he quickly and strongly suggested that we should look off-wagon first. 

Overall, I'm getting a medium scumread here.  Less suspicious than YoungNick, but still pretty suspicious.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: October 06, 2012, 03:49:56 pm »

Alright, time to stop being lazy and keep chugging away:

Just to recap from where I left off (this may or may not be relevant, but it certainly stuck out to me), Dsell has cast his vote 5 times, Voltaire has cast his vote 6 times, and CF has cast his vote 3 times.

TheMunch:

He has cast his vote 11 times so far this game, on (in order): Ashersky (#310), eHunt (#325), Glooble (#487), Yuma (#523), O (#582), O (#801 - twice in same post), Yuma (#842), eHalcyon (#909), Watno (#1002), eHalcyon (#1282), Jotheonah (#1523).
Unlike the first three people I examined, TheMunch is the first person to cast multiple votes on known town (Glooble, #487; O, #482 & #801). Also notable to me is that despite his plethora of votes all throughout D1, when it came time to get down and dirty (Yuma's 3rd vote on Grujah (which I consider to be the take-off point) was at #1374, and the lynch occurred at #1505), his vote was nowhere to be found. However, don't allow that to fool you into thinking he just wasn't active. He posted at #1377, #1402, #1442, #1450 and #1458.

Into the actual content: I'll start off once more by saying that I did indeed find TheMunch to be on the townie side throughout D1. Part of that feel was that he stood along side me in my desire to heavily scrutinize lurkers over people who write their own gravestone (and are so often town). The other part of that feel was that I understood what he meant when he wanted an 'informational' lynch. Because of those two gut reads however, I think you'll come to understand why I've taken such a turn on my overall stance regarding TheMunch D2:

In TheMunch's second post of the game, #310, he starts out by condemning RVS... and ends by, near as I can tell, RVS's Ashersky:
So maybe I am just incredibly naive but I just dont understand the RVS as a concept.  If the goal during the day is for town people to make good decisions and scum to make "bad" ones then having a RVS stage should, in my mind, only be backed by two kinds of people: lazy town and overeager scum.  Both of these kinds of players are ones I wouldn't want to see around.

Imma interrupt the meta-reads everyone is giving.  How is any of this useful at all?

Talking is good.

I agree with Cayvie here.  For the people that are giving meta information, I could care less how players played in previous games.  Anyone can change their playstyle at any minute and does not come with any value.  But for the people that are giving such meta information, it can give insight into potentially what they care about from other players in other games, giving some kind of insight into their scum/protown leaning.  Not sure; dont have anything conclusive yet but talking is better than RSV.

Vote: ashersky

It's not like the two quotes that he contained had anything to do with Ashersky, so I really don't understand how this vote is anything other than RVS. What was the point? -- I'm not saying RVS is bad (it is), but it's part of the game. I understand that. What I don't understand is how someone can condemn it and participate in it... in the very same post!

In his very next post, #325, he changes that Ashersky vote to eHunt:
Vote: ehunt

I have to say I was initially on board with ehunts idea; with such a large number of players I was smitten with the idea of less clutter more content.  But as people actually started to refute this as being a bad idea it made me reevaluate my initial thoughts.  Maybe its good in theory, bad in practice?  Id rather encourage people to give themselves plenty of opportunities (through posting often) to produce inconsistent ideas which can be evaluated by the group.  There might be more "junk" to sift through but all in all talking is good.

Now, I can understand voting for eHunt if you think that what he suggested was scummy - but I really don't get that interpretation from what TheMunch said here. What I get is "I thought it was a good idea, until others pointed out that maybe it isn't. I still think it's good in theory, but I'm going to vote eHunt for... ?? ??" Why? Because others thought that what he suggested wasn't a good idea? That isn't a reason to vote for someone.

I'm also going to point out something that's really been standing out to me as we go along. Here is the latest vote-count prior to his vote on eHunt:
Vote Count 1.4

Dsell (3) -- ehunt, Axxle
igbtennis (2) -- ftl, Insomniac
TheMunch (1) -- Jotheonah
Galzria (1) -- ashersky
ashersky (1) -- TheMunch

Not Voting (18) -- Voltgloss, Eevee, Grujah, Glooble, Young Nick, Voltaire, O, Shraeye, Cuzz, Yuma, igbtennis, Morgrim7, eHalcyon, Watno, Captain_Frisk, Galzria, Dsell, Cayvie

With 25 alive it takes 13 to lynch.

This was at post #312 (keep track now): In #316, Cayvie votes for Shraeye. In #318, Eevee votes for Shraeye. In #322, Jotheonah votes eHunt. In #324, Glooble votes Shraeye. In #325, TheMunch votes eHunt. - This stands out to me because as the day goes along I see a LOT of deflection (subtle or not) between TheMunch and Shraeye. Enough so that Shraeye is going to be my next read. In this case, we have TheMunch's very much unexplained vote on eHunt.

In both posts #338, and #394, TheMunch continues to try and push suspicion away from Shraeye:
As a new player I have no clue what actilurking is and if not for people adamantly telling me its a thing I wouldn't have thought it was a thing.  Instead of talking about scumslips can we just define the term and move forward?

I'm with whoever said the prolonged discussion of acti-lurking is, in fact, acti-lurking.

100 times this.  Shraeye has had content in a lot of his posts and I think its about time people both notice that and comment on it (I'm looking at you Cayvie in posts 335 and 364; you bold the least content filled part of the posts and start this whole tangent.  There very well might be others that are guilty for this but it deserves to be noted that people are guilty of this; see: watno.)  I'm not trying to tie myself irreparably to Shraeye as I dont really have a good read on him one way or the other, but that doesn't mean there are other things of validity to discuss.

For example, Hey Gooble (in 324) and Watno (in 373), you both mention that you are suspicious of Shraeye.  You are both most notable for being suspicious for reasons NOT involving the ridiculous "scumslip".  Care to elaborate?

And not that I want to continue silliness involving semantics of "acti-lurking" but this all started with the post by Ashersky.  If I understand correctly, Active Lurking (already mentioned but worth reiterating) is the act of making you look active while contributing nothing to the conversation, usually used to avoid topics while avoiding looking like you are avoiding topics.  If that is the case, then why is Ashersky actually worried at all about being accused of active lurking.  To active lurk there would need to be topics that he would want to avoid, but there weren't any at the time of the post.  It just seems silly to me to be worried about being accused of something scummy when that act is physically impossible.

That all being said, my vote is on ehunt and will remain there for the time being.  People have pretty much fleshed out why it is worthy to be suspicious of ehunt.

The "scumslip" that he's referring to are Shraeye's post #333 - which you can argue it's validity until the cows come home. At the time, I thought it was an iffy case at best - and I thought nothing of TheMunch defending Shraeye. The problem I'm running into is that rereading, you see these two paired at every single turn. It's not just a one time thing. Still, two people being buddy-buddy isn't in itself scummy. So I'm going to continue on, pointing out the pair, but trying to stay focused on information we know (Town players, scum player). For now, I'll just notate but not quote when a post comes up that pairs the two.

Like in #422, where TheMunch is responding to eHalcyon noticing this very thing (props to you eHal for picking up on this so early).

In post #479, a confirmed town {Glooble}, casts his vote on a now confirmed scum {Grujah}, and in #481, TheMunch responds with:
Ok, I'm back. I will unvote because shraeye doesn't look scummy to me anymore.

Vote: Grujah for showing up, voting on me, and disappearing. Given my history I'm a really easily justified target, probably an excellent candidate for a scum-led day one lynch. Call this OMGUS if you want, but it stood out to me, and not in a good way.

ehunt, just a question of clarification - when you say "once a day", did you mean game day or real life day? Because I think that confusion might be why some people are jumping on you.

What changed? I noticed you said he was suspicious for reasons not the scumslip. I called you out on it and [wanted] to know your reasons. Then without addressing me you changed your vote off shraeye. What changed?

Interestingly, Glooble (prior to that) had been voting for Shraeye for reasons "other than the scumslip" - as TheMunch noted. When provided with those reasons (Post #483), TheMunch followed up in #487 by voting Glooble:
I think "wanted" was autocorrected to "farted". I can't wait to get a smart phone so I can made hilarious errors!

Yup, phone typo.  Thanks for responding.  I still would have liked to hear all of this much sooner.  I think if, when you had voted Shraeye the first time, if you had included this information, maybe we would have been talking about Shraeye's intentions instead of talking about acti-lurking for pages on pages.  As such I still think its very suspicious to have changed your vote around as you did with little to no information.  On top of that I hold you personally responsible for the last 5 pages of junk, whether or not you read them.  :P

Vote: Glooble

I'll give ehunt a pass for now.  I still dont like how much hes trying to control the game.  I still care about the small slip I called him on before, but that is less suspicious than what I feel about Glooble.

His last sentence is interesting because he claims to have called eHunt on a "slip" - but if you recall (or read above here), his vote on eHunt was substanceless. More important than that is the twofold importance of this quote: First, that it's a vote on a confirmed townie (arguably Chain-Saw Defense, seeing as said confirmed townie had just cast his vote on Grujah), and second that he's once again defending Shraeye with the use of his vote - This time voting for someone who had his vote on Shraeye for reasons TheMunch didn't like, and then moved his vote to confirmed scum for reasons TheMunch didn't like. It's a subtle defense of both Grujah and Shraeye.

His very next post is post #523, which, while nothing stands out as scummy to me, did contain a change in vote - again - this time onto Yuma. Now, Yuma certainly isn't confirmed town, but he's much townier in my eyes overall for his efforts D1 in proposing a system that led to a scum lynch. Obviously such efforts at this time had not yet been put forth, but it's worth noting in my book that this vote is here.

#582 contains his next vote, this time on a confirmed town once more:
I have nothing to defend myself against...

Shraeye called you out for not giving your opinion on a list of topics that have come and gone while you were too lonely on your pedestal to participate in conversations that "weren't interesting enough for you."  You have plenty to answer for and if you dont see it, I'm on board the Vote: O train too.

And who does he use as a reason to push this vote? Shraeye of course. Again, it's important to remember that through much of this I found these actions to be townie, because he was in essence, supporting many of the same things that I was, even if he went after different people. It's looking back with the knowledge we have now where everything started to really stand out.

What follows from TheMunch is a whole lot of snark, culminating in post #801 (where he votes for O twice and goes a little off the deep-end over O (And trust me TheMunch, I've been there too)), which I wasn't going quote, except AGAIN, the last paragraph of the post stood out to me because he AGAIN references Shraeye and his reads - so here it is (please ignore the snark):

So, hey guys.  I dont know if you know this but there are people in this game (me) who haven't participated in other games (still me) and for those people (me again) it can be very difficult to see why those old games affect this one.  One main reason: I give zero shits how people played in other games.  People can change the way they play.  If I had played in previous games, I would exploit all of you by just playing in the way that you guys think I do as town, since apparently thats all I need to do to convince you people that I are town.  Seriously guys, you can be better than this.  There is plenty to talk about.  So lets do that.

To get the ball rolling, I did an entire reread.  Surprise surprise, I still find eHunt and Yuma pretty scummy.  Vote: O  "But wait!" you say, "O is neither eHunt or Yuma."  You would all be correct.  O is in fact not ehunt and Yuma but I really find him to be a terrible player.  I have called him out on it before but I am tired of his holier-than-thou attitude.  If you are above contributing to this game, dont play it, and I'll help you with that regard.  Vote: O (Protip: we're not friends).

But on subject: ehunt and Yuma.  They were the 2 transgressors of what I believe to be my biggest pet peeve: posting something that too strongly tries to implicate yourself as town.  eHunt did it first and Yuma second.  I commented on both of them when it happened and no one really seemed to care:
If I just blindly type things and one of them gets misperceived as a scumslip, that's really bad for town.
I dont like that you use the word "misperceived."  Feels like you are trying too hard to plant that you are town so that when you make a scumslip it would be a mistake to act on it.  Subtle, but I dont like it.
But that isn't the point, if that is correct, then I made a mistake in reading her post and now town is going to pay the consequences of it if I get lynched. Sorry.

Yuma was trying to defend a million accusations and let this bad boy slip.  I am fresher than a baby's bottom and even I was not impressed by this line.  I feel like its way over the top to try to get everyone invested with you not being lynched.  You said "hey this is a huge mistake to kill me day 1... you'll be sorry," on the day where more likely than not we are going to kill town anyway and I honestly dont feel you'd be a huge loss.  I dont like being told the defense of "i'm too important to town to kill" and I've already called out, I believe, ehunt for doing the same thing.  It seems like a drastic overraction and quite quite scummy.  You get my Vote: Yuma.
This coupled with what I find to be just sloppy play from both of them, namely very hollow arguments and not-so-subtle topic changes (I dont have direct evidence of these, just the impression I got), makes me really want to keep an eye on them.

Secondly, there has been a lot thats said that has gotten no attention because of Eevee's bombdrop of the cult knowledge.  Thats all well and good but Shraeye makes a solid post on watno (who I would agree did not give me the towniest of reads on my reread).  Its content-filled post like these that need to be addressed and I am super suspicious of everyone that is participating but not actually addressing content posts and the individuals who those posts call into question (I'm still not letting lurkers off the hook).  I'll say it again: I do not consider old games to ever be relevent, throwing around M followed by some roman numeral doesn't make you cool; It makes you narrow minded in the sense that you cant see a world where any one is ever capable of changing the way they act and think.  You are embarrassing yourselves and you can do better.

As I noted, the votes on O aside (which is a big aside, seeing as they're on a confirmed town), he is pushing the reads of Shraeye. At this point, I'm *really* beginning to wonder what to make of this connection. This is more than just your average noise. This is a set of two players in TWENTY-FIVE that are constantly showing up relating to one another.

Taking the vote on O into consideration, TheMunch has at this point voted for two townies {O, Glooble}, both of which fell under the "lurker" meta. Suspicious? Not at the time, no. But the fact that he never voted for Grujah (and as I'll get to - even defended him) under the same pretenses does stand out.

In post #842, he once again says the Shraeye wagon shouldn't have been a thing. He then revotes Yuma, but places (of all people!) Grujah in a list of "possible scummy people to look at":
Well this game took a dramatic turn to the not as fun. I will not be posting today (busy day for me ahead) and I will be considering whether or not to continue playing this game. Mafia is supposed to be fun. And this game is becoming increasingly less fun and subsequentially less interesting.
I sincerely apologize if I am the cause of the decrease in fun for you.  And for other people.  This is not my intention at all.  I'm thoroughly enjoying this game, and have meant all my posts in earnest, or in good fun, or a mix of both.  No actual anger has driven any of these posts.  I hope we can continue to enjoy this game together.

I feel like one thing ZM2 did accomplish (besides MAKING HISTORY) was that I think I understand shraeye a lot better and how he plays. It has made him read townier to me this game.

Why DID the ehunt wagon die? He really did start out the game much edgier and more hostile than I'm used to from him and then eased off it when criticized/voted on. And as much as I approve of using wagons to police good behavior, the fact that he straightened up when the heat hit him doesn't really give him town cred at all. It's what smart scum would do.

I did bring this up, although it almost definitely got lost in all the mess.  I had reread, that wasn't a lie, and the people that had given me scummy reads were ehunt, yuma, and watno (at least they were the most egregious offenders).  But after reading Galzria's post (really loved it, quite informative), I would really love to hone in on who so far has provided us with the most information that can be used once they flipped.  There has been a ton thats gone down day 1 and I would love to circle in on something of value.

So I've seen 4 wagons (of note): Shraeye, ehunt, yuma, O.

Shraeye's wagon shouldn't have been a thing.  However there were a few sketchy folks on it that had voted for Shraeye for reasons not his scumslip "I cant believe I got caught."  I believe these were Watno, Glooble and Grujah, but I could be mistaken.

The ehunt wagon, I forget who started it (Cayvie?) but I dont like it.  I was on it cause I thought ehunt was acting just as scummy as the next.  But after the misunderstanding of his one-post-a-day proposal blew over (I'm still not 100% convinced it was a misunderstanding but it really isn't that huge of an issue) everything seemed to die down.  I dont know how much information can be gained for ehunt dying but maybe someone else has more insight than me.

The yuma wagon was a mess.  Mistakes happen, thats cool.  The reason that I got on it was because of how Yuma was defending himself, which was much different than the others that jumped on him for "rolefishing."  This didn't get much attention but Yuma got, in my opinion, way too defensive way too fast.  People also jumped on him very quickly.  Maybe there is still something to be gained from that wagon.

The O wagon, I'll admit doesn't really have a whole lot of basis.  O might be O but the reason I've been voting for him and have continued to vote for him (facetiously, its not a post restriction, its just emphasis, maybe a little bit of copycatting of shraeye... I thought he was being amusing, maybe I was the only one) is more to do with the way hes been playing than whether or not I think hes scum.  I think this might be very similar from the people that are on the wagon.  While I still probably would like to see him dead, I dont think his death is the most valuable (yeah thats how lurking works, you dont say much, not much is said about you so you get away for being an invaluable first day kill, blah blah blah).  Unvote

So those wagons aside theres still a few people in the works.  Whether or not their deaths bring around lots of juicy morsals for the rest of us D2 is another story, but I'm looking at watno (Shraeye outlines his case numerous times), Axxle (where are you buddy), Glooble, and Grujah (who have both been seen getting scummy reads from a pile of people).

I would love to pick one case, see how much we can extract, then get a lynch.  Vote: Yuma

PPE:  So Eevee is back on the ehunt.  I'm not saying its a bad thing but why ehunt?  I got scum reads too but what evidence do you have from the wagon that you would like to see used and/or addressed?

The problem I'm having is that he never, not once, looked at Grujah as scummy, and certainly was as far from casting his vote on Grujah when it mattered as possible!

Post #874 is, I think, perhaps the most hilarious thing I've seen:
Another point on wagon hunting, I propose the following reasoning.  Lets say we kill a wagon and that person flips either town or scum.  Obviously there are more intricacies with the players power role, but lets keep it simple.  So if they flip town, we'd want to re-examine the wagon and look at the people who jumped on very quickly after the wagon formed.  If they flip scum, we would be looking for people that defended him. 

Open question: what wagons do people feel have both elements to them (people who jumped on quickly after the wagon formed, and a strong defense for them by a small number of people) so that regardless of whether or not they flip town, we can deduce good information?

I'll bold for emphasis...
Got that? Hey! Guess what?? Grujah flipped scum! We should be looking to see who defended him, right?
^^^ I'll reference the above later.

In #909, TheMunch votes for eHal, but I feel like he was getting into OMGUS by that point. He and eHal had been going back and forth, and I understand the frustrations that come with trying to say stuff and having to defend every word you've said. eHal tunneled me in M-VI (that scum!) and it was really quite frustrating. One thing that really taught me was to take the blinders off (even though he really WAS scum!) - so when I see things like this from new players I have a tendency to dismiss it for what it usually is. A hairpulling frustration vote.

The odd thing is... that he turns around and does the exact same thing to Watno in #1002. It's like Insomniac 2.0! Vote for or disagree with TheMunch and be prepared to be voted for! Really though, I can't consider either of those votes as scummy or not as I know nothing about either of the two people he voted for. But ragevoting is dangerous as town at best, terrible for town at worst, and easily manipulatable as scum.

What DOES stand out about the above two exchanges is that TheMunch sounds like he thinks eHal was town tunneling, whereas Watno was scum tunneling. Here's post #1005:
On this Watno thing... I'm confused about it.  I was grilling Munchy pretty hard, but Watno seems way more aggressive.  I don't know, I can't really be objective about myself.

Yeah I would say that is the difference between you and him in the last few posts and the reason why I voted for watno.  You were grilling me and had reasons to be doing so and hence why I was trying really hard to be clear with you.  But watno just seemed like he wanted to catch me make a slip so he could pull the trigger.  I dont like that.

It's almost like he forgot he ever voted on eHal over the exact same reasons. I don't know. It just really struck me as strange. If eHal was valid in his grilling while Watno was scummy, what was the vote on eHal all about?

In #1282 he replaces his vote on eHal for what I really think was one of the serious mischaracterizations that TheMunch is guilty of:
I'll Unvote for now, but I still get a vibe off eHalc.

I'll vote: Galzria.

I'll take over for you joth, Vote: eHalc. I'm still getting a vibe from watno, who has been quiet for a while now.  I dont want to just jump on eHalc just cause hes being the most active but every time he posts something I get a little more suspicious of his intentions.  I have started feeling this way ever since he was against (and is still against, he just reiterated it) the idea of gaining information from lynches.  I dont like people that are against gaining information that is helpful to town.

eHal was NEVER against gaining information with the lynch. He was against lynching somebody for the sole reason of "It'll give us information". This vote is the last vote TheMunch makes D1, and is where his vote ends the day. What follows in his next 5 posts before the Thread Locked is notable then for TheMunch NOT voting Grujah, and in some instances defending him:

Post #1402:
I dont want to move my vote for no reason, but I would like to see a lynch happen, if only for personal reasons (I cant be the ONLY person here excited about RTR this weekend and doesn't want to be worried about the lynch votes going through in the final second).  I'm going to go back and reread some stuff from Grujah as I didn't necessarily have a read on him; although, I do side with Yuma and Shraeye, if the last few IRL days weren't any evidence, there is no way anyone is getting lynched with our very scattered opinions.

"I don't want to move my vote for no reason" - This alone strikes me as odd considering the number of times that his vote moved throughout D1. He claims that he's willing to move his vote however if it's needed to avoid no-lynch and the he'll go back and "reread" Grujah, who he hasn't had a read on up until this point (even though Grujah was on that early wagon against Shraeye that TheMunch railed against, calling everybody who was on it as being scummy). Once again we find him in agreement with Shraeye.

#1442:
Having looked through I have 2 things to say about Grujah.  First, he doesn't really come off to me as scummy in the way hes been talking.  That being said, there hasn't been much information about grujah from earlier, aka, this is exactly what ehalc feared when we were discussing lynching for information; everyone is jumping on grujah to get a lynch but there will be nothing gained from it, as some seem to have little reason (see: he is the scummiest of the people that have the most votes that I'd be willing to get on).  My vote will stay where it is.

PS I find it interesting that ehalc mentioned that if people just vote for someone to get them to die, we gain no information because everyone has an excuse.  Yet ehalc is voting for grujah.  I know he voiced different reasons for doing so but I just find it interesting.

PPE: @ashersky I'm gonna claim newbie on this one but, holy cow 25 people is a lot to keep track of and just from a "one less person to keep in my brain" standpoint I dont think I could go today with no lynch.  I know people are going to die in the night but my brain cant take it.  This shit is hard.

He rereads Grujah, but finds nothing scummy - He notes that Grujah hasn't said much at all (something he was very much in favor of lynching for earlier in the day when it related to O and Glooble) - and claims that lynching him would provide no information since Grujah hasn't taken any stances on anything - which quite simply isn't the case. He then goes on to criticize those who are voting for Grujah for having no justifiable reason and being ok with a wagon that will provide no information. - Which in itself is information, even if Grujah had flipped town -

#1458, his last post of D1:
Ok, that Grujah lynch is really picking up speed. L-4.

The part of me that wants the longest day ever to be over with is fighting with the part of me that thinks Grujah is town and therefore a bad lynch.

I agree with this.  Although my read on Grujah isnt town, its nothing.

What was he agree'ing with? That Grujah "is town and therefore a bad lynch"? That he "wants the longest day ever to be over"? He claims not to have a town read on Grujah, but a null read. Yet in #1442 he explicitly said that he didn't find Grujah scummy. So what's his read on Grujah? Changing as the likelihood of lynch draws near? The last handful of posts are defense 101. He doesn't come out swinging in defense of Grujah, but he does go out of his way to try and derail the train. In a town of 25 with 13 needed to lynch, it's surprising he didn't succeed - especially considering we weren't dealing with a real, actual deadline, but a self-imposed one.

Much like Dsell, this just really, really doesn't look good. Certainly he'll argue that he was simply a "misguided townie" and not a "redirecting scum"... And hell, maybe I'd be inclined to believe him except he hasn't. He's come into D2 attacking the people ON the wagon. He's come out with "whoop-de-doo, we lynched scum". He honestly comes out sounding DISAPPOINTED about the results of D1! And that's where red flags really started to go up for me. Because all through D1 I DID have a town read on him.

Remember this quote (#874)?:
Another point on wagon hunting, I propose the following reasoning.  Lets say we kill a wagon and that person flips either town or scum.  Obviously there are more intricacies with the players power role, but lets keep it simple.  So if they flip town, we'd want to re-examine the wagon and look at the people who jumped on very quickly after the wagon formed.  If they flip scum, we would be looking for people that defended him. 

Open question: what wagons do people feel have both elements to them (people who jumped on quickly after the wagon formed, and a strong defense for them by a small number of people) so that regardless of whether or not they flip town, we can deduce good information?

I told you I'd come back to it. Let's move on into D2. First post from TheMunch, #1523:
I'm inclined to think there was not a whole lot of bussing in that lynch. Obviously not all 13 Grujah voters are clear, but the smart money is probably to start hunting off-wagon.

If there is you and ftl would be at the top of my list... but that needs to be further analyzed.

Joth and ftl were already near the top of my list; i'm not sure about bussing or not, but eevee's role seems to me (and cayvie i guess) to mean that there are multiple scum teams.  It absurd for joth to jump out and say "hey guys, definitely no scum on grujah's wagon because that didn't feel like bussing, let's look off-wagon".  Yes indeed, look off wagon and completely forget that there could be a whole heap of non-mafia scum on grujah's wagon.

PPE: Cool, and you just gave us our first lead into which off-wagon voters to check, thanks director.  Funny that one of the Morgrim-pushers happens to think you're scum. (Protip: that's me)

For another nearly antagonizing post, this actually makes a lot of sense.  Seems very sketchy to immediately have everyone not look in depth at the wagon.  I dont know if I necessarily think there is something awesome to be pulled from it either, however, that doesn't mean you should immediately tell everyone to "not look at the man behind the curtain" while giving no evidence to why.  Vote: Jotheonah

He comes out jumping on the Jotheonah wagon over... Jotheonah suggesting we start by looking at the people off the wagon - and people who would've interacted with a confirmed scum. Something TheMunch said way back when we should do. All I can think and feel is that all of a sudden TheMunch realizes that his D1 play is going to look *really* bad in retrospect, and he wants to start derailing anybody who might dare go back and look through to see this. Not only is this one of the very worst votes I've seen all game, but the reasoning that TheMunch follows with in this post and his next few are simply terrible:

#1540:
I think I was pretty clear why Joth gave me a bad vibe.  Its not exactly that he wanted to look off wagon; like I said, I might want to as well.  However, to that quickly go out and say it without any supporting evidence is a little scummy to me.  Granted it has been a long night, he could have been developing these ideas in his brain for a while and it just gets vomited out because he thinks its obvious after all the time spent thinking about it.  I dont know, but if he were to have just at least given a little more of a reason why before directing everyone I'd be cool.

"I might want to as well. However, to that quickly go out and say it without any supporting evidence"...

You want supporting evidence that we should start by focusing off the wagon? GRUJAH WAS SCUM

Done.

#1590:
Having looked through I have 2 things to say about Grujah.  First, he doesn't really come off to me as scummy in the way hes been talking.  That being said, there hasn't been much information about grujah from earlier, aka, this is exactly what ehalc feared when we were discussing lynching for information; everyone is jumping on grujah to get a lynch but there will be nothing gained from it, as some seem to have little reason (see: he is the scummiest of the people that have the most votes that I'd be willing to get on).  My vote will stay where it is.

PS I find it interesting that ehalc mentioned that if people just vote for someone to get them to die, we gain no information because everyone has an excuse.  Yet ehalc is voting for grujah.  I know he voiced different reasons for doing so but I just find it interesting.

PPE: @ashersky I'm gonna claim newbie on this one but, holy cow 25 people is a lot to keep track of and just from a "one less person to keep in my brain" standpoint I dont think I could go today with no lynch.  I know people are going to die in the night but my brain cant take it.  This shit is hard.

So, this is the post that Ehalcyon was referencing and I can say I was TOTALLY defending grujah... /sarcasm.  Wait, thats not what I was doing at all.  I was expressing that I didn't have the scummiest of reads on grujah and I didn't really like any of the reasons people were jumping on him.  In fact in my next post, 1458:
Ok, that Grujah lynch is really picking up speed. L-4.

The part of me that wants the longest day ever to be over with is fighting with the part of me that thinks Grujah is town and therefore a bad lynch.

I agree with this.  Although my read on Grujah isnt town, its nothing.
I explain that I didn't really have a protown read on Grujah either.
The closest thing to an argument I had to get on the Grujah wagon was the argument that he kept only coming back to defend himself very shortly after he got votes (I forget who said it).  However, he was dead before I could check whether or not this is the case (so I never did; I should do that).  The thing I'd be looking for is whether or not he actually came to defend himself every time he accumulated some number of votes.  The fact that he came back after votes sometime isn't nearly as strong an argument as coming back after votes every time.

But great, we killed scum day 1 and I'm happy for that, but I really dont think there is much to go on (or at least past me did; I intend to reread to get more specific evidence about which I am talking) because as the wagon developed I really didn't feel that people had any strong cases against him and he was jumped on for being "today's lynch".  I also had pointed out earlier that one of the first people that grew the wagon did it because "there were a bunch of people at 2 votes and Grujah felt the scummiest".  Thats not really good information to pull from and I dont like it.

He categorically states that he was NOT defending Grujah, although I think it's pretty clear that's exactly what he was doing. Furthermore, he claims that he didn't have time to go back and check the case on Grujah (laid out by yours truly, btw Munch) that kept coming back just to defend himself. However, allow me to remind you all:

Yuma's vote #3 on the Grujah came in post #1374 (September 25th, at 11:40 am).
In post #1402 (September 25th, at 4:09 pm), he says he's going to go back and reread Grujah, and in post #1442 (September 25th, 7:59 pm), he says he's done so and seen nothing scummy.
Sure, I didn't lay out the case that Grujah only came back to defend himself until post #1476 (September 26th, 2:10 am) - but TheMunch had JUST REREAD Grujah - yet didn't see this himself?
The Thread Locked, btw, in post #1505 (September 26th, at 9:40 am).

My point is, it's not like there wasn't time, as claimed. The entire wagon took 24 hours to form and lynch, and TheMunch WAS active during that time, and supposedly DID reread Grujah.

Let's put that aside though, and look forward. TheMunch says that maybe he does see value in looking off the wagon, so let's see where he focuses next:

And we have post #1596 where he turns RIGHT BACK to trying to direct attention onto the wagon:
So I wanted to at least compile all of the voting reasons for the Grujah votes.  Because ehunt voted so long about on Grujah, I have him listed that he didn't give a reason but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it was explained earlier, I just didn't bother hunting for it.  I didn't quote people, I just copy pasted their responses and put them in quotes below.  This was less work for me.  Ok here it is:

Glooble Votes Grujah in 479 for "showing up, voting on me, and disappearing."
ehunt Votes Grujah in 1295 without giving a reason.

WAGON START:
1375: (Yuma) "I will change my vote to someone with 2 votes on them to see if we can start getting a consensus, but everyone that has 2 votes I have a town read on except Grujah"
1386: (Galzria) "I agree. He was in one of my top 3, and we really should start looking to consolidate. Since my #1 choice (eHal) seems to be met with equal parts adamant opposition and slight consideration, it really doesn't seem to be a productive choice. So I'll vote where there we might get something going - the fact that it's not on a town-read makes it all the better for me."
1404: (eHal) "I think he has lurked hard, which is really unusual for him.  He returns just when it starts to heat up for him, and his posts read scummy.  This wagon has a decent chance of lift-off, and I have decent reads on most on the wagon so far (not sure of the vote count though).  Chance of lynch success does play a factor here, but Gruj's lurkiness is the major reason.  It's not like he has been V/LA -- his post history shows that he has been active in Cosmic Encounter, at least.  Why not drop in with some remarks during all of yesterday's drama?  Maybe because he is scum and thought it would be safer to let townies argue themselves to a mislynch."
1433: (Eevee) "Grujah's defence doesn't read genuine to me"
1445: (Morgrim) "because he is the most likely person to be lynched"
1479: (ftl) "I didn't realize that about the timing of his posts, that's pretty bad."
1484: (joth) "Galz (argument about post timing) has got me convinced too"
1495: (Axxle) "Yaaaay!" (he really wanted to hammer)

So that is a collection of all the voting reasons for Grujah and it seems really flaky.  Yuma starts the wagon because he felt he was the least town of the people with the most votes.  Galz abandoned his first choice for a "more likely" target, and this was only when he had 3 votes.  At least he said he didn't have a town read.  Ehal is the first to actually bring up some points but really is only beating on him for lurkiness.  Eevee gets a scum read from Grujah's defense.  Morgrim votes because Grujah is likely.  Ftl and joth sheeps posting pattern argument. Then axxle hammers.

I'm sorry for not being ecstatic that we lynched scum day 1 with a wagon like this.

Not only that, he simply referenced the actual posts that contain the votes, and NOT the growing case. It's an EXTREMELY flimsy argument/case to use as a basis for anything, and in some instances is just downright wrong. His whole effort here seems to be to A) redirect from off-wagon, and B) paint each person who voted for scum D1 in as weak a light as possible.

Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT saying there can't be, or are not scum on that wagon. But the hyper-focus in which TheMunch has come out firing at the wagon, ignoring his very own post D1 that states we should be looking for those who interacted with Grujah is just completely, completely scummy. He doesn't want to own up to his own position relating to Grujah, he wants to start by discrediting anybody who was involved in getting him lynched, and I just absolutely cannot shake the feeling that he's playing like scum trying not to be cornered.

Dsell was scummy as hell coming off D1. But D2 he's either played a very smooth scum, or as I've read him, town that actually knows he's fucked up. TheMunch, on review, has also played scummy as hell D1. And yet D2 he's come out trying to bash anybody who did actual productive work D1 - and on top of it, he's completely ignored - or in some cases changed tunes - regarding stances he took D1. He was fine lynching lurkers when the lurkers were town {O, Glooble}, but not when the lurker was scum {Grujah}. He was fine pushing for lynches for "informational purposes", but refuses to look at the lynch we got for information (and lynching scum is quite arguably the single most informational lynch we COULD have gotten).

To harp on (because TheMunch leaves such ample opportunity to), here's post #1603:
@The Munch:

Galz's argument about the posting pattern, that ftl and I sheeped, actually WAS really good. It's the kind of scumhunting we should be doing, and it laid Grujah's MO really bare. At the time I voted, I really was pretty convinced we were hitting scum, despite my town read on Grujah earlier in the day.

I can't really defend myself beyond that; I do think that I myself look pretty bad in terms of the Morg-Grujah wagons, so it seems hypocritical to accuse others of doing on purpose as scum what I stumbled into by accident as town (I guess this is what I get for being a contrarian.) That said, I do think it's a productive avenue to go down.

I agree the posting argument is the best argument that I've seen thusfar.  In fact, I mentioned it earlier as a reason that I had almost jumped on the grujah wagon for myself.   I think itd be enough for me to at least give some town-cred to whoever commented on his posting pattern or matter of defending.  If not town-cred than at least not-on-the-same-scumteam-as-grujah-cred if there are more scumteams. 

But I dont really know what you are being defensive about.  Also what do you think is a productive avenue to go down?

Allow me to answer your last question:

I stopped reading at #1609 for TheMunch, although if you continue you'll once more see him and Shraeye coming back together to make cases and arguments for one another (See the case on Young_Nick, or Shraeye defending TheMunch, or...)

In the end here, while I find Dsell very, very scummy, I find TheMunch equally so coming out of D1 (in light of Alignment flips), and I find him a LOT more scummy D2. On the traditional scale of 0 to 100, he's sitting at 85 for me right now. Just way, way off the charts. So I'm going to Vote: TheMunch as my primary scum read. His play has been erratic, inconsistent, and scummy. The connection that he has with Grujah is scummy enough, and the connection he has with Shraeye (who as I said, will now be my next read) is fascinating to say the least. There is definitely something off about his play, and with O/Glooble dead as a couple (and Shraeye now clarifying for me that his read on TheMunch is not concrete) I no longer have to consider that as a reasonable explanation. I'm very interested in hearing others thoughts on this, but I'm quite comfortable with this being the direction I want my vote to go today. It's on somebody off the wagon. It's on somebody who's defended Grujah. It's on somebody who's voted to lynch town multiple times. It's on somebody I genuinely find to be scummy with his play today, and yesterday, in light of what we now know to be the case.

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: October 06, 2012, 03:59:18 pm »

Gah! I am trying to find a way to copy and paste this thread into something so that I can access it during downtime at work (and I have a lot of it lately)--my workplace blocks the site--but this thread is so large that it isn't impossible to put it into a word or google document... I have crashed both Word and google docs twice now and my gmail truncates the thread when I try that route.

Any one have any ideas?

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: October 06, 2012, 04:16:22 pm »

Several word documents?

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: October 06, 2012, 04:18:11 pm »

Have skimmed, will respond to larger posts, especially shraeye's, later.

Quick note: my Lynch-all-Lurkers encourages lynching the worst lurkers first. I thought Grujah was lurking less than others, which is why I would have been more inclined to vote for others before him. I was never trying to derail a lynch, just prodding yuma a bit to expand on his thoughts. It worked. I laid off. And everyone was better for it.

Will post later.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: October 06, 2012, 04:31:03 pm »

Gah! I am trying to find a way to copy and paste this thread into something so that I can access it during downtime at work (and I have a lot of it lately)--my workplace blocks the site--but this thread is so large that it isn't impossible to put it into a word or google document... I have crashed both Word and google docs twice now and my gmail truncates the thread when I try that route.

Any one have any ideas?

Used to be you could get through workplace blocks by running a site through Babelfish or some other online translator, English to English. But I'm sure most blocking software has improved sonce I was in high school.

Galz's super-long TheMunch case.

I agree that TheMunch looks, to use Dominion terminology, strictly worse than Dsell right now.  So I'm comfortable sheeping Galz (for what I guess is the third time this game). Vote: TheMunch.

This is very impressive, solid scumhunting coming from both Galz and shraeye. Galz, I'll be interested to see you shraeye case.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: October 06, 2012, 04:55:09 pm »

The only thing about Galz' case on me that I would argue is that the post where I say "I'm warming up to a grujah lynch" was after Galz posted about Grujah coming and defending himself after people voted for him. So it was not that I saw the writing on the wall and tried to make myself look better (I would have just voted for him if that were the case), it was just that evidence came up that I had not seen before.

But other than that, I do realize that my position is not good at all. I'll look back over day 1 and day 2 looking especially at the off-wagon people and do some analysis from my perspective too.

Well, and like I said, my general feeling is that despite the case, I believe you were more likely to be "misguided townie" and not "redirecting scumbuddy". At least, I think it's at least 50/50 on that alone. Still, I'm trying to present each case in it's entirety, regardless of how I feel.

My #1 scumread will have to wait until tomorrow though. I just don't have the energy to do another one of those posts tonight. Hint: It'll be on Munch (although his latest post read more town again to me, but... Eh, I'll still post up to what I had and then readjust from there if necessary).

I read your whole post Galz, and I want to respond to it.  However some of your points that I disagree with I feel like I addressed in my clarification post.  I'm just curious what the influence my recent posting has had on your opinion of me.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: October 06, 2012, 04:56:27 pm »

Shraeye, I wish I could have said something before Galz posted his huge case, but I urge you to reread TheMunch and do an analysis similar to the ones you did for Young Nick and Ashersky and tell us how scummy he reads to you in light of everything we know.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: October 06, 2012, 05:11:13 pm »

@Galz, this is an impressive case on Munch.

I think "wanted" was autocorrected to "farted". I can't wait to get a smart phone so I can made hilarious errors!

Yup, phone typo.  Thanks for responding.  I still would have liked to hear all of this much sooner.  I think if, when you had voted Shraeye the first time, if you had included this information, maybe we would have been talking about Shraeye's intentions instead of talking about acti-lurking for pages on pages.  As such I still think its very suspicious to have changed your vote around as you did with little to no information.  On top of that I hold you personally responsible for the last 5 pages of junk, whether or not you read them.  :P

Vote: Glooble

I'll give ehunt a pass for now.  I still dont like how much hes trying to control the game.  I still care about the small slip I called him on before, but that is less suspicious than what I feel about Glooble.
I missed this completely the first time around, that his vote over ehunt's weirdness was later called a slip.  One thing that usually stands out to me is when people change the reasons they were voting for somebody, this always feels suspicious.

In #909, TheMunch votes for eHal, but I feel like he was getting into OMGUS by that point. He and eHal had been going back and forth, and I understand the frustrations that come with trying to say stuff and having to defend every word you've said. eHal tunneled me in M-VI (that scum!) and it was really quite frustrating. One thing that really taught me was to take the blinders off (even though he really WAS scum!) - so when I see things like this from new players I have a tendency to dismiss it for what it usually is. A hairpulling frustration vote.

The odd thing is... that he turns around and does the exact same thing to Watno in #1002. It's like Insomniac 2.0! Vote for or disagree with TheMunch and be prepared to be voted for! Really though, I can't consider either of those votes as scummy or not as I know nothing about either of the two people he voted for. But ragevoting is dangerous as town at best, terrible for town at worst, and easily manipulatable as scum.

What DOES stand out about the above two exchanges is that TheMunch sounds like he thinks eHal was town tunneling, whereas Watno was scum tunneling. Here's post #1005:
On this Watno thing... I'm confused about it.  I was grilling Munchy pretty hard, but Watno seems way more aggressive.  I don't know, I can't really be objective about myself.

Yeah I would say that is the difference between you and him in the last few posts and the reason why I voted for watno.  You were grilling me and had reasons to be doing so and hence why I was trying really hard to be clear with you.  But watno just seemed like he wanted to catch me make a slip so he could pull the trigger.  I dont like that.

It's almost like he forgot he ever voted on eHal over the exact same reasons. I don't know. It just really struck me as strange. If eHal was valid in his grilling while Watno was scummy, what was the vote on eHal all about?
I also pushed the OMGUS he was feeling for eHalc and watno out of my mind initially as a normal reaction by a new player.  But he's really really been consistent in defending hardcore even a modicum of suspicion against him.  It's really starting to feel like sparky's "I just don't want to die because of some silly mistake." from MIX.  This is contributing more and more to my suspicions of Munch.

Post #1402:
I dont want to move my vote for no reason, but I would like to see a lynch happen, if only for personal reasons (I cant be the ONLY person here excited about RTR this weekend and doesn't want to be worried about the lynch votes going through in the final second).  I'm going to go back and reread some stuff from Grujah as I didn't necessarily have a read on him; although, I do side with Yuma and Shraeye, if the last few IRL days weren't any evidence, there is no way anyone is getting lynched with our very scattered opinions.

"I don't want to move my vote for no reason" - This alone strikes me as odd considering the number of times that his vote moved throughout D1. He claims that he's willing to move his vote however if it's needed to avoid no-lynch and the he'll go back and "reread" Grujah, who he hasn't had a read on up until this point (even though Grujah was on that early wagon against Shraeye that TheMunch railed against, calling everybody who was on it as being scummy).
This too stands out to me.  Munch has certainly moved his vote around very loosely, but when it came down to trying to lynch someone, Munch suddenly became concerned with being on the actual lynching wagon and chose this time to not want to move his vote around for no reason.  I really still disagree with people's reads that he was defending Grujah.  When I say "this guy doesn't read as scummy" that's exactly what I mean, I'm commenting not at all on his towniness.  So I don't see this in contradiction to his post about "Grujah is a null read."  Regardless, this hesitation to put himself in a voting position where people may look at him is what is adding to my growing read that Munch is a new player on some opposing scumteam.  He is very very worried about how much suspicion he collects.

Yuma's vote #3 on the Grujah came in post #1374 (September 25th, at 11:40 am).
In post #1402 (September 25th, at 4:09 pm), he says he's going to go back and reread Grujah, and in post #1442 (September 25th, 7:59 pm), he says he's done so and seen nothing scummy.
Sure, I didn't lay out the case that Grujah only came back to defend himself until post #1476 (September 26th, 2:10 am) - but TheMunch had JUST REREAD Grujah - yet didn't see this himself?
The Thread Locked, btw, in post #1505 (September 26th, at 9:40 am).

My point is, it's not like there wasn't time, as claimed. The entire wagon took 24 hours to form and lynch, and TheMunch WAS active during that time, and supposedly DID reread Grujah.
Here again, I'm skeptical of people's assumption that Munch is defending Grujah.  Maybe he reread and didn't find anything, maybe he reread but not in time for the pretty quick lynch that happened, and maybe he never even reread.  Regardless, I don't fault anyone for not noticing Grujah's habit of coming back within 2-3 posts of votes on him to defend.  That would have easily slipped by me because it's very subtle and timestamps are out of the realm of things I normally look at in rereads; you have some serious scumhunting kungfu, Galz.

In my mind it just keeps coming back to "I don't want to lose for a small mistake or misdirected suspicion when I'm trying really hard not to make any of this."

I'm still much hotter on YoungNick's case due to my recent analysis and almost sure feeling that he's Grujah's partner, but I am becoming convinced that Munch is scum from some opposing faction.  I'm not sure where he ranks against ashersky in my mind in terms of scumminess; that's a hard ranking for me to do right now because Munch is moving quick from town to scum, and asher is moving from serious scum to slight scum.

PPE: I was considering to do that as I was reading Galz's stuff, and saw your post while I was doing this.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: October 06, 2012, 06:03:11 pm »

There's an inaccuracy in one of the details on the case on the munch - Munch's reference to a claim that I "slipped" was distinct from the original reason he was voting for me. He's referencing some other point on day one where he said something I said seemed sort of phony. I will dig up the post numbers as soon as my isotropic game finishes.

I think the rest of the case is pretty damning.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: October 06, 2012, 06:25:40 pm »

ok, the relevant post numbers are

410, 424, 429, 446

it's sort of hard to summarize; it's probably worth just reading that dialogue.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: October 06, 2012, 08:28:28 pm »

I still haven't done my homework on Insomniac, sorry. vote: TheMunch per Galzria.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: October 06, 2012, 08:50:00 pm »

<snip>

Man, think outside the box and catch lots of flak.  I will say I am decidedly unapologetic for suggesting the hint of a discussion of the thought of possibly looking at the option of maybe not lynching someone if there's no consensus on D1.  As Shraeye even mentioned, the idea started before the Grujah wagon. The idea was unrelated.

Also, I did not know Grujah was mafia.  A lot of folks in town seem to be working under the assumption that all the lynchers did, and they are all heroes deserving of accolades and medals.  Guess what, if they knew Grujah was mafia for sure before the flip, they were also mafia.

@Galz and others:  The hard, hard push by some people to keep the focus off wagon?  If you were scum on the wagon to gain towncred (which we seem to hand out in buckets after being on a successful lynch), wouldn't you trade on that cred you've falsely earned by pushing cases on people off the wagon (the people who all must be scum because they didn't vote)?  Remember, mafia can vote for mafia to seem town.

Again, voting for mafia does not clear you as town.  Really, it doesn't.  And not having voted for mafia on a D1 lynch does not make you mafia forever.

In fact, Galzria's HUGE, BOLDED statement that Grujah flipping scum clears the wagon here:

You want supporting evidence that we should start by focusing off the wagon? GRUJAH WAS SCUM

Done.

is incredibly haughty, trying to press and keep the town focused off-wagon only, and smacks of so much knowledge that we regular townies don't have.  Terribly anti-town to me, and scummy.  Vote: Galzria.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: October 06, 2012, 08:56:35 pm »

So... Galzria is scum? Seriously?

Galzria's post about Grujah's posting pattern (posting only when he was called out for lurking) was no bus vote, ash. He presented new evidence that convinced two more people to join the wagon who had been on the fence. At the time he did it the Grujah lynch was far from a certainty. Also, Galzria started gunning for Grujah quite early in the day.

They could be scum on different teams I guess, but I think it's pretty preposterous to suggest they were teammates.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: October 06, 2012, 09:07:09 pm »

@ashersky, I certainly don't think that everyone on the wagon is obvtown and I don't think that Galz would automatically say that either. However, I think that off-the-wagon is by far the best place to search for scum today. Then, if we find scum, we can analyze that wagon and the grujah one and we'll just be in a good position at that point. If we aren't successful in lynching scum today, we will have that information plus the grujah wagon to look at and again, we'll have more information. There will come a point when we will have to analyze the people on the grujah wagon, but I just don't think that time is today.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: October 06, 2012, 09:25:31 pm »

<snip>

Man, think outside the box and catch lots of flak.  I will say I am decidedly unapologetic for suggesting the hint of a discussion of the thought of possibly looking at the option of maybe not lynching someone if there's no consensus on D1.  As Shraeye even mentioned, the idea started before the Grujah wagon. The idea was unrelated.

Also, I did not know Grujah was mafia.  A lot of folks in town seem to be working under the assumption that all the lynchers did, and they are all heroes deserving of accolades and medals.  Guess what, if they knew Grujah was mafia for sure before the flip, they were also mafia.

@Galz and others:  The hard, hard push by some people to keep the focus off wagon?  If you were scum on the wagon to gain towncred (which we seem to hand out in buckets after being on a successful lynch), wouldn't you trade on that cred you've falsely earned by pushing cases on people off the wagon (the people who all must be scum because they didn't vote)?  Remember, mafia can vote for mafia to seem town.

Again, voting for mafia does not clear you as town.  Really, it doesn't.  And not having voted for mafia on a D1 lynch does not make you mafia forever.

In fact, Galzria's HUGE, BOLDED statement that Grujah flipping scum clears the wagon here:

Done.

is incredibly haughty, trying to press and keep the town focused off-wagon only, and smacks of so much knowledge that we regular townies don't have.  Terribly anti-town to me, and scummy.  Vote: Galzria.

Thanks ashersky for taking some heat off of me by being crazier than I ever could be.  I get a huge town read from Galz.  The scum hunting he is doing is gods work; really inspired.  Hell, even though I know I'm not scum, Galzria almost had me convinced that I was.  While I might agree with you that not everyone on the wagon deserves immediate town cred, that does not necessarily make someone the scummiest of scum for being a proponent of only looking off wagon.  Couple that with the fact that I think Galz is super town, damn nature (read: ashersky) you scary.  Vote: Ashersky

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: October 06, 2012, 09:55:32 pm »

@joth -- yes, Galz is scum (and anti-town) with that line of thought.  As mentioned by others all over f.ds, scum =\= mafia, of course, and I have zero worries I will somehow start a wagon and mislynch possible town, unlike all of you on my wagon.

@dsell -- much better way of making your point than Galz-bold-look how stupid anyone who doesn't get it is style.  I disagree though, as seeking X scum out of a large pool (off wagon) is harder odds-wise than seeking X mafia out of a small pool (wagon).

@themunch -- way to make yourself look even worse by saying "thanks for seeming worse than I've already established and taking heat off me" and kurplunking a vote with it.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 164  All

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 20 queries.