Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 197435 times)

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #1850 on: May 20, 2020, 01:55:10 am »

Also, I'm not exactly sure of the current vote count, but please nobody hammer? I've got more to say today.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: May 20, 2020, 01:59:55 am »

@faust, also once you believe eevee is scum, it's but a small step to say the Scumteam is joth/eevee/Joseph and they're making up the whole rope thing to line up two mislynches for the win.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: May 20, 2020, 02:17:55 am »

@faust, best guess, who are the bad guys?

As of now, having reread only D1, I'm thinking Eevee>scola>ADK.

I've also realized something I really should have thought of before though - skip is definitely town. I mean the whole affair with him giving the codebook to joth doesn't make sense if they are both scum.

So Vote: mail-mi is the best thing for today I think.
Eevee is a very central character in a lot of the actions and claims that have happened over the course of the game. It's been hard for me to come up with a scenario where he's scum, and complicated for me to consider the implications of all the claims and stuff. Could you walk me through your process?

Like for example, did he really start out with the rope? What's the point of my power if he did?
Yeah this was mostly coming from my D1 reread, I didn't consider the rope issue. Makes Eevee more likely town. There could be a Traitor to make scum-scum trading more relevant, but if there is then I think we're dealing with 4 scum and that will be bad.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: May 20, 2020, 02:19:11 am »

@faust, also once you believe eevee is scum, it's but a small step to say the Scumteam is joth/eevee/Joseph and they're making up the whole rope thing to line up two mislynches for the win.
Meh, that is not the sort of scumteam that I would expect such crazy schemes from.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: May 20, 2020, 02:20:09 am »

I think I aslo need to look in more detail at the scenario where skip/mail-mi are both scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: May 20, 2020, 02:21:09 am »

But then again, the codebook thing does not make sense there, so I guess not. It's somehow really hard for my brain to keep all this item information in.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: May 20, 2020, 02:28:16 am »

Knowing for sure that mail-mi is scum would go a long way towards helping us get to the last scum. Like the D1 skip v mail-mi wagons are already ripe for analysis.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: May 20, 2020, 02:34:35 am »

Meh, that is not the sort of scumteam that I would expect such crazy schemes from.
If eevee is scum, he made up the getting roped N3. If he made up the rope thing N3, then Joseph made it up N4. I don't see another way.

Also of note, glooble has confirmed to me that the rope is loud.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: May 20, 2020, 03:20:18 am »

If eevee is scum, he made up the getting roped N3. If he made up the rope thing N3, then Joseph made it up N4. I don't see another way.

Also of note, glooble has confirmed to me that the rope is loud.
I don't think that is a necessary implication. Scum could have the Rope, have chosen to not use it N3 so that Eevee could fake, and have chosen to use it N4.

Of course that still presupposes that Eevee actually started out with the Rope, which seems weird.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: May 20, 2020, 03:44:37 am »

So you're pretty sure there's not a third rope man?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1860 on: May 20, 2020, 05:01:48 am »

Skip, why are you town and yams is scum?
I will say one thing, though. If I'm scum, then scum started with both the codebook and notebook, which would make vey little sense to begin with. Then, on top of that, instead of keeping this to themselves, and waiting to see what the codebook/notebook did, scum publicly outed that info to the whole thread in an extremely strange and impromptu moment during twilight of D1. So there's no way I'm scum.
This is compelling to me. I also think skip has been playing townier than mailmi in the recent days.

I reread both skip and mailmi N1 to decide who to give the rope to.. thought both were town, mailmi townier.. hasn't been my brightest game.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: May 20, 2020, 05:02:54 am »

@faust, best guess, who are the bad guys?

As of now, having reread only D1, I'm thinking Eevee>scola>ADK.

I've also realized something I really should have thought of before though - skip is definitely town. I mean the whole affair with him giving the codebook to joth doesn't make sense if they are both scum.

So Vote: mail-mi is the best thing for today I think.
What's the narrative for me being scum?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: May 20, 2020, 06:20:04 am »

This question is really for all of you, actually.

The question being, how likely is it that scum!mail-mi outed himself by using the rope on eevee without even knowing if eevee had a power worth blocking? And are there any plausible alternatives to that narrative? I'm basically stumped. 

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: May 20, 2020, 06:22:16 am »

@Joseph, you may as well tell us what the thing was that you stole from didds.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: May 20, 2020, 06:28:45 am »

@Joseph, you may as well tell us what the thing was that you stole from didds.
It was a bullet
No idea why MiX wanted it
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1865 on: May 20, 2020, 08:29:08 am »

The streets seem quiet. So many people are gone. So many more scared to leave their homes. But I have no home- can’t go back to the motel where Natalia’s goons could find me, can’t go back to the gravediggers house in case I get asked to do more work. I have to get out of here. But not without my owl.

Vote Count 5.2

Skip wooznum (1): mail-mi
Joseph2302 (1): A Drowned Kernel
faust (1): Joseph2302
mail-mi (2): Eevee, faust
Not voting (2): skip wooznum, scolapasta

With 7 alive, it take 4 to lynch.

Day 5 will end at 12 pm ET on Saturday, May 23rd.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: May 20, 2020, 11:15:58 am »

Also, everyone has posted and no one else has joined me on skip. This might be lylo (or Mylo) so that makes me feel just a little bit more confident in my vote there.
Well if this were the kind of LyLo where scum can quickhammer with one vote then we'd already have lost, so that shouldn't be something that informs your decisions.
I hadn't remembered that other people had voted when I made this post, so it is no longer something that informs my decisions.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: May 20, 2020, 11:16:57 am »

can everyone share their reads? feels very relevant to scumhunting.

I want to do a reread today of you, faust, ADK, and scola. Hopefully I'll have time to do all 4. Right now, I think I'd order it (scum) ADK>scola>you=faust.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: May 20, 2020, 11:18:01 am »

Why do we think scum killed sudgy last night?

Probably because he was pretty townie after the joth lynch.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: May 20, 2020, 11:21:35 am »

I will say one thing, though. If I'm scum, then scum started with both the codebook and notebook, which would make vey little sense to begin with. Then, on top of that, instead of keeping this to themselves, and waiting to see what the codebook/notebook did, scum publicly outed that info to the whole thread in an extremely strange and impromptu moment during twilight of D1. So there's no way I'm scum.

That...is a good point. Gah. unvote.

I mean, there has to be a scum sailor, because someone tied up Eevee and Joseph. I know I'm town, and the codebook/notebook issue doesn't make much sense if skip is scum, so I guess there's a third Sailor?

@Eevee and Joseph, just want to confirm, the flavor said you were "Tied up with a rope" or something similar when you were blocked, right?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: May 20, 2020, 11:39:57 am »

Will probably have some short posts today during work hours with some questions, some answers to asked questions.

Hoping still for a longe reread tonight.

My current order is faust > ADK > eevee. Though some aspects change each time I think about it.

@eevee can you give some more description of how your role is described? does it just say when the treasure hunter dies? Is there more to it than that?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: May 20, 2020, 11:49:20 am »

This question is really for all of you, actually.

The question being, how likely is it that scum!mail-mi outed himself by using the rope on eevee without even knowing if eevee had a power worth blocking? And are there any plausible alternatives to that narrative? I'm basically stumped.
Well if there is a third Sailor, then it would have to be scola, correct? We can exclude all other options.

scola is incidentally pretty high on my scum radar, so that might be a good lynch regardless. Is it better than mail-mi? Good question.

unvote for now.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: May 20, 2020, 03:31:45 pm »

That...is a good point. Gah. unvote.

I mean, there has to be a scum sailor, because someone tied up Eevee and Joseph. I know I'm town, and the codebook/notebook issue doesn't make much sense if skip is scum, so I guess there's a third Sailor?

@Eevee and Joseph, just want to confirm, the flavor said you were "Tied up with a rope" or something similar when you were blocked, right?
yes

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: May 20, 2020, 03:32:19 pm »

Will probably have some short posts today during work hours with some questions, some answers to asked questions.

Hoping still for a longe reread tonight.

My current order is faust > ADK > eevee. Though some aspects change each time I think about it.

@eevee can you give some more description of how your role is described? does it just say when the treasure hunter dies? Is there more to it than that?
thats all

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: May 20, 2020, 03:33:06 pm »

there’s been two of many other roles, fos at anyone speculating about a third sailor
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 17 queries.