Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 197429 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1325 on: May 08, 2020, 10:29:00 pm »

What's a gravedigger? Is it like a UB?

vote: mail-mi

usually it's the role that can get the items from dead people, I guess

in other news, I didn't trade, I gave my item away to one person of those who didn't claim what they needed whom I townread the most. I don't know if they need my item, but I couldn't trade with them I think.

If you're not gonna say who has it, is there any reason not to say what it is?

aight

It's a pocket knife.

Here:

I need something. Whomever has it will likely want to be sure before they give it to the right person. Whomever has it now probably can’t do anything with it.  It has two words.

I also have something that I cannot use, but is valuable to whomever can.

I was sure Didds needed exactly it.

I don't know what it does. Flavor text says paraphrasingly that you can use it to save yourself from trouble.

LaLight, it was this post that I thought you said you gave it to Didds.

I tried to give it to her N1, I claimed that yesterday
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: May 09, 2020, 12:32:41 am »

MiX, are you saying you need the owl?  You might have already said so and I forgot that you did, so sorry if that's the case.  I didn't understand a lot of the item stuff at the time they were half-claimed so a lot of it went over my head.

No, otherwise I would've just called Joseph scum lol.

I need something Joseph stole that he doesn't need but didn't share either. I think that makes him scum, because survivor doesn't...care...and it can't hurt him to claim to give it to me.

He can just give you the item when he's done.  He probably thought you had an owl piece.

What's a gravedigger? Is it like a UB?

vote: mail-mi

usually it's the role that can get the items from dead people, I guess

in other news, I didn't trade, I gave my item away to one person of those who didn't claim what they needed whom I townread the most. I don't know if they need my item, but I couldn't trade with them I think.

If you're not gonna say who has it, is there any reason not to say what it is?

aight

It's a pocket knife.

Here:

I need something. Whomever has it will likely want to be sure before they give it to the right person. Whomever has it now probably can’t do anything with it.  It has two words.

I also have something that I cannot use, but is valuable to whomever can.

I was sure Didds needed exactly it.

I don't know what it does. Flavor text says paraphrasingly that you can use it to save yourself from trouble.

LaLight, it was this post that I thought you said you gave it to Didds.

I tried to give it to her N1, I claimed that yesterday

Sorry, like I said, all of the claims have just been confusing me like crazy.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: May 09, 2020, 03:50:56 am »

what did you steal from didds?
Random, but she was the most anti me D1

Why didn't you give it to me?
Didn't have a choice, stole it and only found out what is was at the end of N1

How about N2?
I stole from joth instead, because it's better for me

I can't steal and trade on same night, it's 1 and only 1 of {steal, grave Rob, trade} every night. And so when I know joth had something I want, steal is better

Incidentally, do you have the copper owl? If so, we can trade and I'll give you WCD's item

How about giving the item? Can you do that?
Can't give and steal on same night
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 09, 2020, 03:51:47 am »

Ok you can't answer that question, got it.

Vote: Joseph

Tired of lynching town anyway.
I was asleep
And I'm not really in the mood for mislynching more town right now. They've been helping me well

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: May 09, 2020, 04:06:45 am »

MiX, are you saying you need the owl?  You might have already said so and I forgot that you did, so sorry if that's the case.  I didn't understand a lot of the item stuff at the time they were half-claimed so a lot of it went over my head.

No, otherwise I would've just called Joseph scum lol.

I need something Joseph stole that he doesn't need but didn't share either. I think that makes him scum, because survivor doesn't...care...and it can't hurt him to claim to give it to me.

He can just give you the item when he's done.  He probably thought you had an owl piece.

I stole from Didds, was random with a 3/14 chance of getting what I wanted
And I was planning to give the item away N2, but then joth told me they had an owl piece. Surely everyone can see how someone with a win condition of "get all 3 owl pieces" is incentivised to get another owl piece rather than help others?

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: May 09, 2020, 04:24:47 am »

Well I suppose this now would clearly be a lie:
Everyone may pass 1 item to another player at night in addition to any other night actions.

at least I assume the game is not that bastard.

You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 09, 2020, 04:30:16 am »

Everyone may pass 1 item to another player at night in addition to any other night actions.

It's not in my role

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: May 09, 2020, 04:31:17 am »

As in the role I have, which has a very lengthy description of possible abilities, doesn't say that I can also pass an item

If I can, then I apologise

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: May 09, 2020, 04:32:30 am »

Mod: can you confirm that this is true for all players? And does it say it in all player's roles?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: May 09, 2020, 07:52:32 am »

Mod: can you confirm that this is true for all players? And does it say it in all player's roles?

Great. You didn't even think about helping town. Good job.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1335 on: May 09, 2020, 08:12:47 am »

It is true for all players. It is not included in everyone’s role pm because I put it in the setup post.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: May 09, 2020, 08:17:57 am »

It is true for all players. It is not included in everyone’s role pm because I put it in the setup post.

Well, regardless of anything that is happening in this game, I think possible actions that a role can do should be in the PM, so that the QT holds everything that a person can do.

Maybe I don't know, call it backseat modding or something.

What matters is that Joseph is not mafia. And he also can't win without mafia, because they stole one piece of the owl. So now we're at an impasse.

The impasse is lynch Joseph while people claim stuff about themselves. Or lynch mafia and hope I actually get to use Joseph's item. But if we mislynch we most likely lose, chances are this was a 4 mafia setup (probably traitor) and we're at 6/4/1.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: May 09, 2020, 09:39:37 am »

Sorry for dropping a bomb and running guys. Joseph’s claim is a lot of info to process. Post soon.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: May 09, 2020, 09:48:32 am »

I think Joseph is probably telling the truth. The notebook I decided, which Another town player will be able to verify once I send them the codebook, says that whoever collects all three pieces of the bird will win the game— as an individual, not a team. Also, and I think this is flavor-relevant, it’s the journal of an archaeologist who came to this town to retrieve the final piece and assemble the owl. I think Joseph is probably that guy.

At first I thought Joseph’s claim wasn’t probably false, since it would be weird for him to have one less win con then everyone else. But the fact is, even if he’s scum, it’s ok to give him the bird, because an individual victory will remove him from the game, which would be very much like a scum kill for the arithmetic of the game. So not only should we not lynch Joseph, I think we should maybe lynch elsewhere and — if we hit scum— whoever has the final piece should give it to him. I think a shared win is totally acceptable for town at this point over a loss. Although maybe that’s bad for math of Joseph really is third party. Someone else math this.

Anyway, unvote for now.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: May 09, 2020, 10:20:43 am »

Scum stole the last piece of the owl, which means we need to...lynch the scum thief. And I guess Joseph can steal or grave rob.

Vote: faust

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: May 09, 2020, 10:22:13 am »

Nvm faust must be town since he was robbed.

Vote: LaLight, 1v1 lol.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: May 09, 2020, 10:29:33 am »

so,you believe him, right? he is putting a shade on you by "MiXwas the only one who knew I had it" and all that
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: May 09, 2020, 10:32:20 am »

so,you believe him, right? he is putting a shade on you by "MiXwas the only one who knew I had it" and all that

Yeah and it's weak and I don't OMGUS.

I don't understand your argument.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: May 09, 2020, 11:03:51 am »

I think Joseph is probably telling the truth. The notebook I decided, which Another town player will be able to verify once I send them the codebook, says that whoever collects all three pieces of the bird will win the game— as an individual, not a team. Also, and I think this is flavor-relevant, it’s the journal of an archaeologist who came to this town to retrieve the final piece and assemble the owl. I think Joseph is probably that guy.

At first I thought Joseph’s claim wasn’t probably false, since it would be weird for him to have one less win con then everyone else. But the fact is, even if he’s scum, it’s ok to give him the bird, because an individual victory will remove him from the game, which would be very much like a scum kill for the arithmetic of the game. So not only should we not lynch Joseph, I think we should maybe lynch elsewhere and — if we hit scum— whoever has the final piece should give it to him. I think a shared win is totally acceptable for town at this point over a loss. Although maybe that’s bad for math of Joseph really is third party. Someone else math this.

Anyway, unvote for now.

Wait, does it imply that the person who gets the bird wins and everyone else loses? That might be the case with Joseph, in which case maybe we should lynch him
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: May 09, 2020, 11:25:51 am »

Anyway, unvote for now.

Wait, does it imply that the person who gets the bird wins and everyone else loses? That might be the case with Joseph, in which case maybe we should lynch him

No, he said that he will win and then the game keeps going.

Not right now, but I will soon reread the whole thread and take a look at all of the claims and try to make sense of what is going on.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: May 09, 2020, 01:14:47 pm »

Joth, can you say everything you know about the codebook? Everything, every detail, if I have to ask follow up questions you're scum.

This is important for me to know your alignment.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: May 09, 2020, 01:20:17 pm »

Joth, can you say everything you know about the codebook? Everything, every detail, if I have to ask follow up questions you're scum.

This is important for me to know your alignment.

This comes with a follow up question regardless of what you say so I guess I withdraw my ultimatum.

Regardless we need to talk.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: May 09, 2020, 01:38:42 pm »

Anyway, unvote for now.

Not right now, but I will soon reread the whole thread and take a look at all of the claims and try to make sense of what is going on.

Okay he said that but he could be lying
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: May 09, 2020, 01:39:49 pm »

Anyway, unvote for now.

Okay he said that but he could be lying

A role that wins by themselves and makes everyone else lose, now that would be true BM. There's no reason to do that. Besides, that would make joth's information a bit...lackluster.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: May 09, 2020, 01:42:13 pm »

Well, regardless of anything that is happening in this game, I think possible actions that a role can do should be in the PM, so that the QT holds everything that a person can do.

Maybe I don't know, call it backseat modding or something.
Agreed but too late know for me, sorry. My role explanation was long enough for me to read, so I assumed it had all the information I needed for the game
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 16 queries.