Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 197466 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #525 on: April 28, 2020, 08:21:39 pm »

you do do a lot of demanding of answers for someone that is unwilling to answer inherently simple ones though. just saying.

shrug

What did you expect anyway, me casing everyone who says "I think joth can be scum"? I just think joth shouldn't be considered today. And I also think considering him is scummy.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: April 28, 2020, 08:24:31 pm »

you do do a lot of demanding of answers for someone that is unwilling to answer inherently simple ones though. just saying.

shrug

What did you expect anyway, me casing everyone who says "I think joth can be scum"? I just think joth shouldn't be considered today. And I also think considering him is scummy.

well no.. .I mean if you gave a list of like 1-2-x people and said if they voted for Joth it would be skummy then yeah, list would be the question.
But you are presenting a situation in which "anyone" that votes for Joth is skum. or skummy. or whatever.
So I assume you have a general reason behind that other than "you find joth townie" because you are adept enough to accept that there will be town players in this game that do not share your general read on Joth.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: April 28, 2020, 08:25:44 pm »

Swoon...

if this is supposed to be a Sean Connery thing I love you
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: April 28, 2020, 08:27:33 pm »

shrug

well no.. .I mean if you gave a list of like 1-2-x people and said if they voted for Joth it would be skummy then yeah, list would be the question.
But you are presenting a situation in which "anyone" that votes for Joth is skum. or skummy. or whatever.
So I assume you have a general reason behind that other than "you find joth townie" because you are adept enough to accept that there will be town players in this game that do not share your general read on Joth.

Good catch.

I'm trying to not do what scum!me would do, and it's hard, because I want to do it so badly. Scum!me would've said what I'm thinking about. Town!me is scared.

Swoon...

What if not hmmmmmmmmmmm Swan what if not.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: April 28, 2020, 08:27:44 pm »

this is weird.

Regarding skip vs. mail-mi, I'll wait until mail-mi chimes in.  I would be a bit worried in assuming that one of them has to be scum, but I can at least see the merit in lynching one of them today.

I want to think a bit more about the people in this game and reread some to figure out where my vote would be best, but I have classes right now.  I'll look closer tonight, will vote then, and will try to be around for deadline tomorrow if I have to.  I know that if I had to, I would prefer lynching skip or mail-mi over a no lynch, so I would vote for either if I have to.

I don't think I could get a wagon going, and don't even know if I want to... but that is like leaving as open of a door as literally possible. which means nothing without knowing some alignments, but I wanna tag it here.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 28, 2020, 08:29:09 pm »

Who, outside of the 1v1, is leaving their door closed? Can you give me examples of this?

Because that just feels like what Galzria's doing, and he's doing the town play.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 28, 2020, 08:35:05 pm »

shrug

Good catch.

I'm trying to not do what scum!me would do, and it's hard, because I want to do it so badly. Scum!me would've said what I'm thinking about. Town!me is scared.

Swoon...

What if not hmmmmmmmmmmm Swan what if not.

first off - fantastic

second off - fair enough. I am in a similar -ish/not really/kind of predicament.
you can get crazy sometimes (in a good way). can you paint me a narrative in which skum opts into a 1v1 like this on Day 1?

pp1
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 28, 2020, 08:35:11 pm »

*insert joke about you asking another question here*

had to do it sorry.

I do not disagree with you on Galz on any points.

I am an example. I have stated multiple times, and continue to state now, that I do not want to lynch either of the 1v1 players.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 28, 2020, 08:36:25 pm »

which is primarily why I was asking about joth - because I was looking for players that stood out other than the 1v1 players and Joth was the first on radar. So the bold statement you made, also then stood out.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 28, 2020, 08:38:22 pm »

*insert joke about you asking another question here*

had to do it sorry.

Hmmmmm you can instead joke about me posting again. I don't remember not being around to post for the entirety of today.

you can get crazy sometimes (in a good way). can you paint me a narrative in which skum opts into a 1v1 like this on Day 1?

Thanks for the compliment.

Let me reread to get the timeline correctly. Wall in a bit because why wall now when you can wall 1 post later.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 28, 2020, 08:46:04 pm »

oh cmon you walked into that one
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 28, 2020, 09:10:36 pm »

IDK what exactly you were wanting from "closed door" but this is what I see from a quick read:

On Mail Mi: WCD, ADK, LaLight

On Skip: Scola, Joseph, Awaclus, MiX

Could go both ways: Sudgy, Joth, faust

Not for either: Swan

And then Galz. who "has their mind made up" but realistically for this should be under "could go both ways".
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 28, 2020, 09:16:26 pm »

IDK what exactly you were wanting from "closed door" but this is what I see from a quick read:

And then Galz. who "has their mind made up" but realistically for this should be under "could go both ways".

Well I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm able to lynch someone else, and I'm sure more people are. Can't see how faust's position is different.

So you're scumreading the "could go both ways" group?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 28, 2020, 09:20:32 pm »

Well I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm able to lynch someone else, and I'm sure more people are. Can't see how faust's position is different.

Anyone else in particular, or just "someone else"?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 28, 2020, 09:21:42 pm »

Anyone else in particular, or just "someone else"?

Not really, I prefer skip to flip. Also whatever joth ends up voting for.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: April 28, 2020, 10:18:19 pm »

I’m not going to get to a big post tonight. I did start a reread. I’ll vote tomorrow morning.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 28, 2020, 10:21:07 pm »

Alright, I'm back, I will reread and post my thoughts soon.

I’m not going to get to a big post tonight. I did start a reread. I’ll vote tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow morning is a bit scary...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 28, 2020, 10:21:53 pm »

Ok here's why scum has to enter the 1v1 or they're outed.

Ok, if there are people who need specific items, and we want to try and get them to them, then how about this for a plan: everyone posts a list of five items. If you need an item, you include in your list, alongside four things that you just make up. You don't need an item you just make up five things. If you see an item you have on someone's list, you can make a somewhat informed decision about whether or not to give it to them. Gives people some guidance on giving items while giving scum very little actual information.

Thoughts?

Plan made by ADK.

Ok so I was in a huge rush when I posted the plan, and I'm just logging on again now.

Obviously it was not fully thought through. People don't need to post what they have. Overtly posting what you need is also bad. But I think the part about trying to hide the item you need into your post has merit. Except maybe the person who needs the item I have, probably you shouldn't put the word in your post anymore, because people will catch it. That's my bad for describing the word. Sorry. I was roped into this game without warning right before a 24 hour period when I knew I would not be able to post. I had a brief amount of time to read my role and the thread, and I thought of the plan. My choices were to post it immediately or wait until after the 24 hour dark period, and considering that we're dealing with a short game-day I chose the former. So, as I said, it wasn't fully thought through.

Catching up now.

Crumb before the plan came into fruition. It depends on who has the rope, but I'm scanning the thread for crumbs of the item I have, so if you do this intentionally there's a chance you can't come back. I guess it's easier to defend against "you said rope and you didn't need it" than "you entered a 1v1 and the other flipped town", eh.

I like ADK's plan. I'll start. We're listing items we need right?

Blueberries
Rope
Camera
Glasses
Hat

There's an argument for "well mail-mi could've seen the crumb" but...it's mail-mi. Besides crumbs are usually caught over night. Anyway, mail-mi puts "Rope" here because he needs it, regardless of alignment. After all, how else would he know there's a Rope?

Random post to say that he didn't immediately say he was conflicting mail-mi. Why wait? What are you waiting for?

Ok, I've been sitting on some information and I should probably start divulging it.

The item I need has appeared in another player's list of 5.

The way I see it, there are 3 possibilities:
A)The player in question really needs a different item on their list, and totally by chance happened to put the item I need on their list.
B)The player needs the same item I need, and is town.
C)The player needs the same item I need, and is scum.

I have personal opinions on the relative likelihood of these possibilities, but I'd first like to hear from others, especially the people who have provided lists.

Claims that there's a "counterclaim", asks to "hear from others". He could've not done this, but if he wants to claim he needed rope, he has to defend against not doing this, so it's not exactly optional. And if he doesn't claim to want rope, then his softclaim might catch him in a lie.

Interesting. But I don't think I could answer A without knowing what the item name is (which isn't me asking you to claim it)
To be honest, this is a pretty strange situation and I'm unsure where to go from here. Should I claim more? Should I wait for the other list posters to say more? The thing is, I want the person who posted my item to say more stuff before he's sure he's the one who posted my item. On the other hand it's probably bad for the other list posters to start saying things, because they're not really involved and should not be forced to claim anything further. So I'm more or less at a loss and have been for some time.

Doesn't know what to do with the information. Which is fair, I certainly wouldn't if I was in his position.

Anyway, mail-mi has come back to thread and posted and ignored my revelation so I guess there's no point waiting around any longer.

The item I need appears in mail-mi's list.

Vote: mail-mi

Probably not leaving there for the rest of the day.

Except here he clearly knows what he was setting up for, so that's one contradiction. This reeks of planned and not at all organic from his information.

Now, why does he do this plan? Very simple: to get the rope and a mislynch. Isn't that what's happening if he wins it? Maybe he really wants it, I wouldn't know what it does.

I'm tired so that's all you'll get. It's elementary to say why mail-mi entered the conflict if he's the scum in it, he had no choice, and he can't just name a random item in the list because if it doesn't exist he's dead.

Good night. Will be here for deadline.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 28, 2020, 10:43:07 pm »

My brain is fried. Students are hard! And virtual students are even harder because all the faces are close up and intense.

Swan, all the the reindeer games with Mixalot....any conclusions?

Mixy, ride or die with Joth? I think he’s town, too, but this seems over the top.

Galzy, whatcha thinking? Also, high five on the day drinking.

ADK....can you make heads or tails of any of this? I feel like we’re all talking in circles, but your position seems close to my own.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 28, 2020, 10:43:29 pm »

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 28, 2020, 10:46:35 pm »

Also, the Scola/Skip discernment struggle is real, which is funny because I chat frequently with Scola and don’t know Skip at all (yet!) but it’s happening regardless.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 28, 2020, 11:03:15 pm »

I was wondering, it's too late now, but what if more people claimed what they need so we can see if mail-mi vs skip is more common than we thought?  This might not be a good idea and it's probably too late, but we might want to think about it.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 28, 2020, 11:14:56 pm »

My brain is fried. Students are hard! And virtual students are even harder because all the faces are close up and intense.

Swan, all the the reindeer games with Mixalot....any conclusions?

Mixy, ride or die with Joth? I think he’s town, too, but this seems over the top.

Galzy, whatcha thinking? Also, high five on the day drinking.

ADK....can you make heads or tails of any of this? I feel like we’re all talking in circles, but your position seems close to my own.

Which position is that?

Honestly, I was a bit taken aback by people being so quick to follow my plan, but my gut reaction is that getting this kind of thing out there is at least useful in getting the game going

If there is scum in mix and skip: scum is probably in the sidelines, because in that case lynching in the 1v1 is bad for them regardless of which one flips. As someone who was scum in the gladiator game being in position where you're forced into that dichotomy is very uncomfortable, and I think they would want to shift away from that

If it's town vs town... then scum's wherever.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 28, 2020, 11:16:01 pm »

That should be mail-mi and skip, not mix
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 28, 2020, 11:56:56 pm »

So, I generally like to reread by person and say what I think of each person.

MiX: Holy cow, MiX posts a lot.  Anyway, I can see why he is always lynched.  The way he plays just seems scummy.  I understand that that's his meta and won't hold it against him.  I forgot that he had that whole weird claiming things with Didds at first.  It is weird that he went after Joth hard at first but then later started ultra-buddying him and then started saying he was so much town that anybody who wanted to lynch him was scum.  MiX never provides a reason for any of these changes.  In the end, MiX posted an insane amount, but didn't commit to much in all of it.  I feel like I just can't really read him right now, so null for now.

mail-mi: I already said what I thought earlier, and still think the same after rereading him.  He hasn't posted that much, dragged RVS longer than it needed to, and the only posts of substance he's made are related to skip vs mail-mi, and then one post going after Eevee.  I actually lean a bit scum here just because of how unhelpful he's been.

Galzria: He has mainly just been arguing against other people's conclusions, which is interesting.  His biggest thing is coming out hard against it being a 1v1.  I would say null, but with maybe a tiny scum lean because he hasn't said much other than arguing against the 1v1.

skip: Wow, this reread changed my opinion on him.  Everything has been mostly about his plan and such, but it all came across to me as genuine.  I now townread skip.

Didds: Very friendly (reminds me of Eevee in that way).  However, there is actually not much of substance besides that.  She does seem pretty busy so I'll give her a pass, so null for now.

scolapasta: Not too many posts, but tries to contribute with most posts.  However, there is not much to go off of, so null, but leaning town slightly.

LaLight: Holy cow, the lurker.  I didn't realize you have 8 short posts, and that's it.  Votes for joth with no reason, then votes for mail-mi.  Slight scum just for lurking.

Awaclus: Holy cow, another lurker.  He is against the item plans, then votes for skip once the 1v1 pops up.  Recently said he could vote off of the 1v1.  I don't remember him lurking this hard before, so slight scum on him too, but more than LaLight because there's even less substance in his posts.

DatSwan: Not much, really.  Gut feeling is more towny, but brain is telling me that he hasn't really contributed much, leaning more scummy, so I guess I'm in the middle here too.

Joth: Great contributor, so definitely off the chopping block for now.  But I could still see this just being a masterful scum play.  Cautious townread for now.

faust: Maybe I've just been reading too much and my brain is turning to mush, but I didn't see much that would tell me anything about him.  I seem to remember him being hard to read in the past.  Null, I guess.

Joseph: Not said enough to make a decision.

sudgy: obvtown

ADK: I keep forgetting he's in this game.  He's also not really said too much.

Eevee: Not said too much, and has even admitted to it.

I feel like I got tired towards the end there...  Anyway, in conclusion, Vote: mail-mi.  He is on the scummier side of my list, and will be much more likely to be lynched than a lot of the others.  Even if he's town, he has not contributed too much yet (to his own admission) and so we won't lose much if we mislynch him.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.