Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 197417 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: April 28, 2020, 09:40:31 am »

I agree about desperately wanting to see a night. So much so that I have considered a no lynch so we can get to it and try to figure out what’s what.

But then again, Joseph. Who doesn’t seem to be around or doing much other than repeating that he’s not scum.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 28, 2020, 10:01:40 am »

I agree about desperately wanting to see a night. So much so that I have considered a no lynch so we can get to it and try to figure out what’s what.

But then again, Joseph. Who doesn’t seem to be around or doing much other than repeating that he’s not scum.
If you want a night so desparately, you should probably put your vote on a wagon with more than one person. It tends to speed up the process.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 28, 2020, 10:03:40 am »

If joth had less votes I would vote for him, but I don't really think he's scum.

I'm also feeling a bit more comfortable with my MiX vote.  I remember in one RMM game I was in I was scum and had the power to secretly lynch someone when they were at L-1.  At one point someone got to L-2 and I freaked out, saying, "What if scum has the power to lynch early?  We shouldn't get people so close to being lynched!"  I didn't realize it then, but I was freaking out because I was trying to act like town, but I had the information scum has.  Thankfully, they didn't lynch me for it, but I don't want to repeat that mistake here.
I don't follow. What mistake? What's the relevance of the story?

The mistake of not lynching scum.  The story is relevant because MiX is doing the exact same thing as I did then, as scum.

Wait, what did I do that is similar to this?

It was your whole thing of "scum have powers to block, intercept, etc. item transfer".  That's the reason I'm voting for you.

Swan said that first. Can you double check?

confirmed that was me that brought up that concept.

And looking at it, your post bringing it up had more reason to it, so I guess just Unvote.

If I had to pick between skip and mail-mi, even though skip seems more scummy to me, I would probably go for mail-mi, because skip is at least trying to be helpful.  No offense mail-mi, but don't be surprised if we lynch you because are currently being pretty anti-town.

I get it. I also just hate D1. I like later days when we have night info to go on. However this has been a pretty eventful D1 so it's been fun.

Also lynching me is not a bad choice, so long as you lynch skip after I flip town.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 28, 2020, 10:09:16 am »

You want a no lynch? I know it's a BM, but still doesn't seem like a good idea to me

Joseph is around and keeping up with things. Whilst having been day drinking the last 3 days....

And I think I've said my bit: I don't think the rope thing is town vs town. And I don't really trust either of them, lynch one and get some info
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 28, 2020, 10:09:39 am »

Also lynching me is not a bad choice, so long as you lynch skip after I flip town.
So what do you think happened there? What is skip's game plan?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 28, 2020, 10:13:41 am »

I think Skip thought that revealing these things about his item would be a towny thing to do and didn't realize it would put us in a 1v1.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 28, 2020, 10:29:00 am »

If you want a night so desparately, you should probably put your vote on a wagon with more than one person. It tends to speed up the process.

Yeah, yeah okay
vote: mail-mi
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 28, 2020, 11:05:20 am »

still think mail-mi and skip are both town and am most interested in lynching someone who wants our first two lynches to be them two. seems unlikely to happen but i want to be on the record

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 28, 2020, 11:06:11 am »

still think mail-mi and skip are both town and am most interested in lynching someone who wants our first two lynches to be them two. seems unlikely to happen but i want to be on the record

I want to lynch you if one of them is scum.

Maybe, I haven't thought about my reads too much.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 28, 2020, 11:07:45 am »

We're getting close to deadline and I'm okay with vote: mail-mi
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 28, 2020, 11:11:17 am »

There's no case for mail-mi other than "well, skip is somewhat towny", what is this.

Case.

PPE: Do you have any posts that are scummy for mail-mi?

This is for you ADK answer my damn question.

If mail-mi flips scum I'm gonna be upset btw.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 28, 2020, 11:17:12 am »

There's no case for mail-mi other than "well, skip is somewhat towny", what is this.

Case.

PPE: Do you have any posts that are scummy for mail-mi?

This is for you ADK answer my damn question.

If mail-mi flips scum I'm gonna be upset btw.

I literally don't have anything other than they have somewhat contradictory claims (yes both people needing the same item could be town, but with no other information I think that it's more likely that one of them is scum) and skip was the one who initiated it

That's good enough for a day one case for me. Wow me with something else
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 28, 2020, 11:19:22 am »

You could always try to offer a better solution. But that doesn't seem to be something you're interested in.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 28, 2020, 11:21:20 am »

I think Skip thought that revealing these things about his item would be a towny thing to do and didn't realize it would put us in a 1v1.
He didn't realize it after he specifically asked about whether people think two people needing the same item makes one of them scum?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 28, 2020, 11:22:54 am »

You could always try to offer a better solution. But that doesn't seem to be something you're interested in.
I offered Swan, most blatant example of lining up lynches I saw. Seems only Galzria thought it was an interesting line of questioning.

It's day 1, I'm mostly trying not to get lynched myself. To offset being not useful like that, I'm trying to take clear and strong stances in the posts I do make so if I do survive, there's something about me out there for later days.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 28, 2020, 11:24:20 am »

No one voting for mail-mi is scumhunting. Which is fine, neither am I.

Oh yeah definitely the best thing to do today is go off the wall insane and lynch some random instead of the 1v1, and then get lynched after when they flip town as most people are town. Yeah that's exactly what Eevee should be doing.

Look at the wagons, look at the deadline (what's the deadline anyway?) there's no other real alternatives to the conflict.

I offered Swan, most blatant example of lining up lynches I saw. Seems only Galzria thought it was an interesting line of questioning.

It's day 1, I'm mostly trying not to get lynched myself. To offset being not useful like that, I'm trying to take clear and strong stances in the posts I do make so if I do survive, there's something about me out there for later days.

Scum!Eevee is scared we'll catch onto them. You shouldn't be, you look kinda town. Not after this post, but still.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 28, 2020, 11:25:51 am »

He didn't realize it after he specifically asked about whether people think two people needing the same item makes one of them scum?

Neither mail-mi nor skip have a good reason for the other to enter this conflict as scum. But I think scum!skip is this crazy. Also look at how quickly the mail-mi wagon grew!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 28, 2020, 11:26:09 am »

I could go for vote: Eevee for now.

Still planning a reread and “wall post” but may not have time until evening.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 28, 2020, 11:27:07 am »

I could go for vote: Eevee for now.

Still planning a reread and “wall post” but may not have time until evening.

Fiiiiiine. This isn't going to work you know.

Vote: Eevee

Related, I can't wait to be scumbuddies with you.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #444 on: April 28, 2020, 11:28:34 am »

"I swear, I just need some rope to tie up my horse," said the cowboy.

"Wait, a minute, I need rope to hang the curtain back stage at my theater!" said the director.

"Two people both need rope?" said the Mayor. "One of them must be working for the mob. But which one?"

I continued sipping my coffee mug of whiskey as I watched the scene unfold. Man, this town was weird.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Deadline is April 29th at noon ET. That's in a little over 24 hours.

Vote Count 1.6:

skip wooznum (3): Awaclus, mail-mi, scolapasta
Scolapasta (1): Joseph2302
mail-mi (5): skip wooznum, LaLight, faust, WestCoastDidds, A Drowned Kernel
DatSwan (1): Eevee
A Drowned Kernel (1): Galzria
Eevee (2): jotheonah, MiX
Not voting (2): DatSwan, sudgy

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 28, 2020, 11:30:01 am »

Glooble's making fun of us.

I approve of this flavor direction I've grown to love.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 28, 2020, 11:34:17 am »

I didn't realize he had asked this. I need to reread him, but I know I'm town, and I think that makes him scum. Could he be town? Yes, but I don't think that's the most likely story

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 28, 2020, 11:36:46 am »

I didn't realize he had asked this. I need to reread him, but I know I'm town, and I think that makes him scum. Could he be town? Yes, but I don't think that's the most likely story

Scum is laughing so hard right now I can't even.

I can see Swan/Eevee/scola in the sidelines. Just...laughing.

Awaclus doesn't laugh but he's doing the equivalent.

Oh crap I have my scumreads now. Oh shit.

Swan/Eevee/scola/Awaclus are scum, easy game.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 28, 2020, 11:38:15 am »

Real talk, joth, do you want an Eevee case for people to sheep? Cause I can do that, but only if I know at least 1 person cares.

mail-mi, who else is scum?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 28, 2020, 11:59:24 am »

Neither mail-mi nor skip have a good reason for the other to enter this conflict as scum. But I think scum!skip is this crazy. Also look at how quickly the mail-mi wagon grew!
That wagon didn't grow initially, it was skip who got all the votes to begin with.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 18 queries.