Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 197490 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #400 on: April 27, 2020, 07:45:36 pm »

I buy the argument that skip is scummy for making this a 1v1 but then expects to not be lynched when mail-mi flips town.

Why would scum put themselves in that position?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 27, 2020, 07:47:38 pm »

I buy the argument that skip is scummy for making this a 1v1 but then expects to not be lynched when mail-mi flips town.

It gives them someone to push and a smoke screen for anything else they do this day.

Do you think it's town vs town?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 27, 2020, 07:54:59 pm »

It gives them someone to push and a smoke screen for anything else they do this day.

Do you think it's town vs town?

I'm at least willing to concede that it could be. But if there is scum in mail-mi and skip I'm more likely to think that it's mail-mi
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 27, 2020, 07:55:57 pm »

Rereading thread now.

If joth had less votes I would vote for him, but I don't really think he's scum.

I'm also feeling a bit more comfortable with my MiX vote.  I remember in one RMM game I was in I was scum and had the power to secretly lynch someone when they were at L-1.  At one point someone got to L-2 and I freaked out, saying, "What if scum has the power to lynch early?  We shouldn't get people so close to being lynched!"  I didn't realize it then, but I was freaking out because I was trying to act like town, but I had the information scum has.  Thankfully, they didn't lynch me for it, but I don't want to repeat that mistake here.
I don't follow. What mistake? What's the relevance of the story?

The mistake of not lynching scum.  The story is relevant because MiX is doing the exact same thing as I did then, as scum.

Wait, what did I do that is similar to this?

vote:joseph

(forgot to bold)
Such a OMGUS vote

Nah, wasn't because it was on me, but because it was jumping the wagon.

Scummmmyyyyy.

That reminds me I need to keep track of reads of this game.

Have we ever lynched Faust day 1 before? Let's try it vote: faust

L a z y and I'm pretty sure it's also a scumtell for mail-mi.

Anyway, mail-mi has come back to thread and posted and ignored my revelation so I guess there's no point waiting around any longer.

The item I need appears in mail-mi's list.

Vote: mail-mi

Probably not leaving there for the rest of the day.

What does that have to do with mail-mi not saying anything? How was he supposed to know he had the doubleclaim?

And after these, there's nothing else. I can't recall anything that anyone has done of any significance other than this 1v1 and Galzria's arguments against this being a 1v1.

Skip's still scum I think.

PPE: Do you have any posts that are scummy for mail-mi?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 27, 2020, 07:56:33 pm »

Maybe you misunderstood my response? I fully expect to be lynched tomorrow if mail-mi flips town. I'll still try as hard as I can to fight it. But anyway, mail-mi will flip scum.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: April 27, 2020, 07:59:05 pm »

Maybe you misunderstood my response? I fully expect to be lynched tomorrow if mail-mi flips town. I'll still try as hard as I can to fight it. But anyway, mail-mi will flip scum.

Okay, how about this. If you're scum, you expect to lynch mail-mi and live. I can see the future, this is what will happen if you're not lynched today.

Also doing this 1v1 as town is bad because mail-mi can easily be town.

Meh, I just don't think you're town. It's hard to explain.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 27, 2020, 08:01:54 pm »

Anyway, mail-mi has come back to thread and posted and ignored my revelation so I guess there's no point waiting around any longer.

The item I need appears in mail-mi's list.

Probably not leaving there for the rest of the day.

What does that have to do with mail-mi not saying anything? How was he supposed to know he had the doubleclaim?
The vote didn't have to do with him not saying anything. What I meant was that my hopes of getting mail-mi to commit to an opinion on whether or not this was 1v1, before knowing if he was involved, were proving fruitless. Therefore, may as well just vote him already.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 27, 2020, 08:08:01 pm »

Okay, how about this. If you're scum, you expect to lynch mail-mi and live. I can see the future, this is what will happen if you're not lynched today.

I'm not sure what to say to this except I have no idea what scum!me would expect, and scum!me would never do this. Neither would scum!you or scum!anybody else in this game, which is why I'm so befuddled as to how anybody thinks I'm scum.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 27, 2020, 08:28:05 pm »

If joth had less votes I would vote for him, but I don't really think he's scum.

I'm also feeling a bit more comfortable with my MiX vote.  I remember in one RMM game I was in I was scum and had the power to secretly lynch someone when they were at L-1.  At one point someone got to L-2 and I freaked out, saying, "What if scum has the power to lynch early?  We shouldn't get people so close to being lynched!"  I didn't realize it then, but I was freaking out because I was trying to act like town, but I had the information scum has.  Thankfully, they didn't lynch me for it, but I don't want to repeat that mistake here.

The mistake of not lynching scum.  The story is relevant because MiX is doing the exact same thing as I did then, as scum.

It was your whole thing of "scum have powers to block, intercept, etc. item transfer".  That's the reason I'm voting for you.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 27, 2020, 08:29:41 pm »

It was your whole thing of "scum have powers to block, intercept, etc. item transfer".  That's the reason I'm voting for you.

Swan said that first. Can you double check?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 27, 2020, 08:44:16 pm »

confirmed that was me that brought up that concept.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 27, 2020, 09:00:37 pm »

what's going on here

Out of skip and mail-mi, I choose to vote mail-mi which I already do.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 28, 2020, 01:48:43 am »

Or, he could have been trying to figure out what he was doing, and was asking for advice?  I feel that especially fits here with skip being suddenly thrown into the game.  A lot of what seems scummy about skip can be explained as "he had little time to think of anything and has been trying to keep up ever since."  Now, between him and mail-mi, I would pick him, but I don't think he is as scummy as people seem to be making him out to be.
You make it sound as though he entered the game suddenly on Day 3. The post where he talked about the double item was well after his entrance into the game.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 28, 2020, 01:57:51 am »

Meh. Vote: maiil-mi

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 28, 2020, 01:58:10 am »

Oops.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 28, 2020, 03:29:18 am »

I think scum would potentially try a 1 v 1, to "hide in plain sight". Because it has worked in games in the past for scum
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 28, 2020, 03:42:50 am »

confirmed that was me that brought up that concept.

And looking at it, your post bringing it up had more reason to it, so I guess just Unvote.

If I had to pick between skip and mail-mi, even though skip seems more scummy to me, I would probably go for mail-mi, because skip is at least trying to be helpful.  No offense mail-mi, but don't be surprised if we lynch you because are currently being pretty anti-town.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 28, 2020, 07:05:08 am »

What did mail-mi do that's so scummy?

This is for everyone.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 28, 2020, 07:41:50 am »

We have about 29 hours until deadline. I think we should try to avoid a panic lynch tomorrow. It’s been a roller coaster of a day, so I’m going to try and do one more re-read this afternoon then commit to a position.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 28, 2020, 07:43:18 am »

This is for everyone.

Nothing really. He had the same item need as skip and was scummier vis a vis the circumstances of that claim, but outside of that situation, which I’ve come around on, I don’t think there’s much of a case.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: April 28, 2020, 08:19:15 am »

This is for everyone.
I think the number of people who were willing to dismiss the one piece of hard evidence that we have as NAI was suspicious. And mail-mi hasn't done anything that scum wouldn't do.

Also I've come around on skip a little, his explanation made sense.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 28, 2020, 08:28:54 am »

This is for everyone.
I think the number of people who were willing to dismiss the one piece of hard evidence that we have as NAI was suspicious. And mail-mi hasn't done anything that scum wouldn't do.

Also I've come around on skip a little, his explanation made sense.

I feel like mail-mi loses the 1v1 automatically by virtue of being called mail-mi. This also feels like a plan made by skip, and scum!skip probably loves doing this based on what I've seen of him.

I also confused skip with scolapasta btw, this is coloring my read on him. Skip doesn't have a finished game that I actually read. But the above's about skip.

Too Many Games. Too many. I'll just sheep whatever joth does.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 28, 2020, 08:47:01 am »

MiX: joth is definitely 100% scum and I'm sure of it
also MiX: I'll just sheep whatever joth does

:P

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 28, 2020, 08:48:20 am »

MiX: joth is definitely 100% scum and I'm sure of it
also MiX: I'll just sheep whatever joth does

:P

I was baiting you into townslipping! Obviously.

Wallpost!joth is town!joth, I don't care.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 28, 2020, 08:50:06 am »

I have to say, I usually love D1s, but in this setup I desperately want to see a night. I also don't have as much motivation for reading and voting as normal, especially with this terrible 1v1 that people think is evidence of anything.

Joth, make your wallpost already, I need to sheep fast so I can look towny by voting scum.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.